• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Happy Anniversary MITD

Started by Xitheron, July 20, 2016, 05:43:52 AM

Xitheron

I haven't been in the forum as much as I used to when Art was on, but when this date rolled around, I looked here to see if anyone had posted anything about this date at all. (Didn't find anything..sorry if this has already been covered)

Last year on this exact day, a lot of us were surfing the precipice of an orgasm as Art finally came back on the air with first guest Graham Hancock. It was really an amazing time. The thrill and excitement was palpable. The history- The story- The man- was back!

My entire nighttime routine immediately changed. I had to hear every word. Every guest. Masterpiece or train wreck. I still had to hear the whole thing. I stayed up as late as I could and what I slept through, I streamed the next day. I downloaded every show to my hard drive for my eternal future reference. I wish he was still on the air.

Thank you Heather for keeping Art's vision alive.

Cheers to Art for starting this thing. I miss him

Happy Anniversary MITD

ItsOver

The start date of MITD was noted on the Art Bell thread.  More of a bittersweet date than a celebratory one for most, with the way it has all fallen out.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ItsOver on July 20, 2016, 06:53:59 AM
The start date of MITD was noted on the Art Bell thread.  More of a bittersweet date than a celebratory one for most, with the way it has all fallen out.

Kinda like getting an anniversary card a year after your divorce.

AZZERAE

It's not an anniversary. MITD died when Art left.

starrmtn001

A very Happy Anniversary to you MITD! :-*

Robert

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 20, 2016, 10:47:06 AM
Kinda like getting an anniversary card a year after your divorce.
That's top right material right there.

ItsOver

Quote from: Robert on July 20, 2016, 11:28:09 AM
That's top right material right there.
Yep.  "Happy anniversary, you bastard.  Where's my money?  By the way, I'm getting better every night.  Just not with you."

Robert

Quote from: bateman on July 20, 2016, 01:43:56 PMSomething like this?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/08/elderly-woman-ruins-19th-century-fresco-in-restoration-attempt/
What do they mean, ruined?  It's now a priceless Matisse!

I'm trying to figure out how a fresco could be donated.  I don't think they know what a fresco is.  Or I don't.

scottydawg

Thank You Heather for Keeping it Alive!? ::)
What magical Kool-Aid have you been drinking?  :o
It's now like paying a Pimp for a High School Cheerleader to come to your hotel room after a day on the convention floor, and finding Ruth Buzzie Ginsberg under the covers! :P

Quote from: ItsOver on July 20, 2016, 02:03:16 PM
Ha!  Yeah, but she mean't well.  ::)

LOL! EPIC FAIL!!! Just like MITD...

cweb

Wow, it's been one year. You know, I wasn't as bummed about the one-year anniversary of the Dark Matter premiere.

It's like dating a hot girl for a couple months, her calling it off, and running into her a year later to discover she's developed track marks and a meth habit.

How many of us honestly thought the show would last a year?

Ok, how many of us honestly thought the show would last a year with Art at the helm?

At least we had a great few months...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: cweb on July 21, 2016, 12:24:51 PM

my expectations were 2-3 years.

Wow, it's been one year. You know, I wasn't as bummed about the one-year anniversary of the Dark Matter premiere.

It's like dating a hot girl for a couple months, her calling it off, and running into her a year later to discover she's developed track marks and a meth habit.

Ok, how many of us honestly thought the show would last a year with Art at the helm?

At least we had a great few months...

I thought we'd get at least 12 months. Great? I wouldn't even go that far. *sigh*

mikuthing01

I was a casual Art Bell fan so yeah i did... I didn't think he would go through all the trouble of waiting out a non compete then building a network to come back on, on his own terms just to flake out again.

Happy Anniversary MITD, i guess....

norland2424

Quote from: mv on July 21, 2016, 12:27:26 PM
my expectations were 2-3 years.

im glad we got more then 6 weeks this time but i was hoping we would at least get an year out of it  :-\

Quote from: brig on July 21, 2016, 01:59:56 PM
Bummer.

That is all.

True, but what about the sex, lies and money? We need Jessie Ventura to investigate the "stalker" incident!

norland2424

Quote from: rekcuf on July 21, 2016, 02:04:09 PM
True, but what about the sex, lies and money? We need Jessie Ventura to investigate the "stalker" incident!

jessie is the stalker tho  :-\

Lilith

Quote from: rekcuf on July 21, 2016, 02:04:09 PM

I'll get my team right on it!

Quote from: I_Speculate on July 21, 2016, 02:33:21 PM
Sup Homie Quan.... How you doin brovaz?

Keepin' it Thug Life as always.

I_Speculate

Quote from: rekcuf on July 21, 2016, 02:36:41 PM

Safe.

Let's keep on keepin it real while we be kreepin ; ya feel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEvZX-u4cGg

Quote from: rekcuf on July 21, 2016, 02:36:41 PM
Quote from: I_Speculate on July 21, 2016, 02:42:11 PM
Safe.

Let's keep on keepin it real while we be kreepin ; ya feel...
Quote from: brig on July 21, 2016, 02:25:10 PM
I'll get my team right on it!
squad