• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131029 - Paul Gunter - Fukushima

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 29, 2013, 08:00:31 PM

Quote from: starrmtn001 on October 29, 2013, 11:20:08 PM
Beautifully filmed even though in black and white.

Sometimes black and white is perfect; simple, direct and beautiful, with shadows and contrast and deep focus.

shell88

Quote from: steelbot on October 29, 2013, 11:23:18 PM
As long as we have Bill Gate's monsanto seed bank we're fine....or Aldous' seed bank  :o we're fine...the global pop...that sucks but still....
lol  I meant to quote the other post regarding bunkers.

Just shot Art a message asking about the sarcophagus over the Chernobyl reactor.

WildCard

Quote from: Étouffée on October 29, 2013, 11:25:51 PM
Sometimes black and white is perfect; simple, direct and beautiful, with shadows and contrast and deep focus.
Like your avatar?

starrmtn001

Quote from: Étouffée on October 29, 2013, 11:25:51 PM
Yes.  Ansel Adams comes to mind.

WOTR

It was interesting that Art still gave him a chance to ask a question before jettisoning him.  I do not know if I would have the patience that Art has.  Was that the wormhole question from a CG member about Chernobyl?

eddie dean

Quote from: zeebo on October 29, 2013, 10:35:38 PM
I enjoyed McAfee, but I'm kinda burnt out on the whole nuke reactor topic.  I wanna get back to some mofo aliens, ghosts, and/or bigfeet.  But hope you and others are enjoying the show.

+1
Fukushima is an important  topic, but I am tired of it tonight.

A TMI tangent & I promise to be brief.
I have had a total of 1 hour sleep since Monday night. I've  had a horrible tooth ache since Saturday night. My brain is fuzzy due to lack of sleep and I can't even safely operate a toothbrush, let alone follow this thread & try to share funny and intelligent posts.
I have a root canal in the morning, yeah, i know, its gonna suck ass   :'( :'( :'(
Good night everybody.
Prey for Molar #3! "Chompy" as I call him  :)
PS. ekdjf ljsi jd jdikeo bhxdnjue ujdie ujdui

Designx

So bulldozing it into the pacific it is - guest seemed more offended by the idea than providing evidence of why it would be a bad idea.

WildCard

Back in the day a caller asked Art if he'd play Michael Jackson bumper music. He said "No".

lonevoice

Quote from: eddie dean on October 29, 2013, 11:46:16 PM
+1

I have had a total of 1 hour sleep since Monday night. I've  had a horrible tooth ache since Saturday night. My brain is fuzzy due to lack of sleep and I can't even safely operate a toothbrush, let alone follow this thread & try to share funny and intelligent posts.
I have a root canal in the morning, yeah, i know, its gonna suck ass   :'( :'( :'(
Good night everybody.
Awww.  Good luck with your procedure tomorrow.  You'll feel so much better afterwards.  Be sure to ask for good drugs.  Good night, and I hope you get some sleep.

starrmtn001

Just Wormholed this question to Art:

What about using the dome for a deep freeze containment field.  And using some method to freeze the ground beneath that surrounds the affected area?  I know it sounds silly but we're getting to the point of "any port in a storm."

MV/Liberace!

i'll ask this again.  please please pleeeeeease don't quote trolls when they infiltrate the thread.  it just increases the number of posts that i have to sift through and delete.

FallenSeraph

+1

Good night everybody.

I had a root canal yesterday! At least insist on a prescription for Vicodin or Lortab or your painkiller of preference when it's over. Happy happy fun time!

lonevoice

YAY!  I sent Art a wormhole asking him if he would moderate a debate between Karam and Gunter.  Gunter just accepted.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: MV on October 29, 2013, 11:50:31 PM
i'll ask this again.  please please pleeeeeease don't quote trolls when they infiltrate the thread.  it just increases the number of posts that i have to sift through and delete.

Sorry - my bad. I did not realize this.  :-\

Quote from: lonevoice on October 29, 2013, 11:52:16 PM
YAY!  I sent Art a wormhole asking him if he would moderate a debate between Karam and Gunter.  Gunter just accepted.

Excellent!

starrmtn001

Quote from: MV on October 29, 2013, 11:50:31 PM
Yes.  steelbot gave us the heads-up on that.  I didn't realize it until his post.

Quote from: starrmtn001 on October 29, 2013, 11:39:16 PM
Yes.  Ansel Adams comes to mind.

Yes, Ansel Adams.  And, in time for Spooky Matter, Diane Arbus.  Her Halloween photos were spooky!
If you haven't seen the fictional biopic of her, starring Robert d. Jr....seek it out:"Fur"

+1

Good night everybody.

That sucks but you will feel better after it's done and healed. Good luck tomorrow

eddie dean

Quote from: Seraphim27 on October 29, 2013, 11:51:16 PM
I had a root canal yesterday! At least insist on a prescription for Vicodin or Lortab or your painkiller of preference when it's over. Happy happy fun time!

Ha ha. Dr. please give me Demerol or heroin! Is that to much to ask for. JK

Thanks Lonevioce & Seraphim   :o

shell88

Quote from: eddie dean on October 29, 2013, 11:57:07 PM
Ha ha. Dr. please give me Demerol or heroin! Is that to much to ask for. JK

Thanks Lonevioce & Seraphim   :o
It'll be over before you know it. :)

FallenSeraph

Goodnight everybody! Thanks for the fun and great company.  :)

starrmtn001

Good night.  Have a good evening and a great tomorrow everyone. ;)

Spinner

Quote from: lonevoice on October 29, 2013, 11:52:16 PM
That was an excellent suggestion, lonevoice.
I'm glad that Art also thought so, and I'm looking forward to that debate.