• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

USSC Justice Scalia Dead at 79

Started by VtaGeezer, February 13, 2016, 04:13:01 PM

Jackstar

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on February 15, 2016, 04:06:26 PM
In the Kenayn language,

/golfcalp

I'm not saying there is a killer-but I ain't saying there ain't.

I'm not saying there is or isn't either. However, to say that the entire event does not look megasuspicious is sheer idiocy.

Nice troll, Nino!

Quote from: Jackstar on February 15, 2016, 04:41:13 PM
I'm not saying there is or isn't either. However, to say that the entire event does not look megasuspicious is sheer idiocy.

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 15, 2016, 02:21:06 PM

1. I don't need to provide sources because it is all a matter of fact.  He disregards the separations of powers written in the Constitution using executive orders as de facto legislation to  circumvent Congress and give amnesty to illegals.  That is just one example of how he has pissed on the Constitution.

2.  If Obama enforced the immigration laws that are on the books, there would not be an illegal immigrant problem.  I would add that Bush was just as guilty in this regard.

3.  Let me count the ways.  Let's see the Trayvon Martin shooting, the Ferguson matter, Baltimore.  Obama stirred up the kettle and blamed the police first when the people that died were basically thugs and had been the aggressors. Baltimore was a bit different as the guy that died was in a police van.  What was funny about that is that there were hollers of racism when some of the cops in the van were in fact black.
       Obama has shackled the police and created an environment where police are fearful of doing their jobs in black neighborhoods. Now if they try to enforce laws and arrest drug dealers and threatening individuals, they will get the R word thrown at them and probably get fired.  There is openly a lot more hostility between the races now and this didn't exist 10 years ago.  Were things perfect before that?  Hell no but there was no new incident every month and generally everyone was getting along fine before he was President.

This is all common knowledge.

Except these things are either factually wrong or at best debatable.  They all sound like brain dead Fox News talking points, that you, I guess because you're brain dead, believe.

1.Executive orders are unconstitutional.  Although they weren't initially called executive orders, the first one was issued by George Washington. Thomas Jefferson, who wrote nearly the whole Constitution issued four of them himself.  While it is certainly true that Obama has issued many more executive orders than Washington or Jefferson, that didn't start with him.  Some of the executive orders issued by Obama may have been struck down, but that is the case for many Presidents and executive orders by themselves aren't inherently unconstitutional.  Unless of course, this Supreme Court reverses over 200 years of legal precedent, which with this court may have been possibly but is highly unlikely now that Scalia has thankfully died. Since executive orders aren't directly spelled out in the Constitution, it's also not a surprise that Obama would have issued a few that would be struck down.  The President's legal team argues why what has been issued is legal, and the Supreme Court adjudicates.

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/07/obama-and-executive-overreach/

So, nope not a fact.  Just a false belief of yours based on nothing.  Idiot.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_federal_executive_orders#1800s

I agree that Obama and before him George W Bush both expanded Presidential authority and that's unfortunate. But, while Bush had a Republican Congress for most of the first six years of his Presidency (James Jeffords switch to being an independent who caucused with the Democrats gave them control of the Senate for around one year from 2001-2002) it was apparently under the advice of Vice President Cheney that Bush should take back Presidential authority that Bill Clinton had somewhat given back to Congress as Cheney was a believer that the President should be the ultimate ruler of the nation (or some phrase like that) and had nothing to do with the Democrats taking back Congress in 2006.  With Obama however, I can't think of a clearer example of Republican obstructionism than their stating that they won't even give the Obama nominee for the Supreme Court a hearing based on a lie about there being some bipartisan consensus that no Supreme Court nominee should be appointed in the final year of a Presidency.  (The Supreme Court twitter feed and maybe website put out a statement yesterday that nothing of the sort exists.)   I suppose you'd say that if Congress won't go along that the President should just sit on his hands for eight years. Somehow I don't think you'd be saying that if a Democratic Congress was obstructing a Republican President.

2.While it is true that the number of illegal aliens deported by Obama has waxed and waned during his Presidency likely due to political pressures from both sides, the Obama administration has deported more illegal aliens than any President in past history for the first six years of their Presidency.

http://blogs.reuters.com/data-dive/2015/02/25/tracking-obamas-deportation-numbers/

So, nope not a fact. Just a false belief of yours based on nothing.  Idiot.

3.I'm not looking this up again, but I spent about an hour at the time looking for some actual quote from any official in the Obama administration that 'blamed the police' and the only comment I could find was something along the lines of "everybody needs to decrease the tension and treat each other with respect.

The only police under Obama's command are the FBI, so, while I know idiot Republicans like you like to believe that Obama is some all powerful dictator (also a false belief based on nothing) he actually has no control over state or county police forces, so he can't shackle them.

So, nope, not a fact, just a false belief of yours based on nothing. Idiot.

If you look at who is to blame for the increase in hostilities between the races (if that is in fact the case and not just media sensationalism) all you have to do is look at the Presidential campaign and on which side racist sentiments are being stoked.

These things may be "common knowledge" to Fox News viewers or listeners of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity or Glen Beck or readers or Town Hall (does that still exist?) or Red State or Breitbart, but none of them have any basis in fact.

If you don't like the harsh language of this reply, then please don't tell me to not post from 'partisan websites' that may be partisan leaning, but were grounded in solid argument, while claiming a bunch of lies are facts. Idiot.

I'd also note that however harsh I can be, at least I (most of the time) research my comments if they are based on fact based arguments before writing. 

I honestly don't know, while we've always disagreed over politics I always thought you were a bright and decent guy.  Maybe I was just blinded to your falling for 'false facts' by your niceness.   

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on February 15, 2016, 06:45:18 PM

Except these things are either factually wrong or at best debatable.  They all sound like brain dead Fox News talking points, that you, I guess because you're brain dead believe.

For instance:
1.Executive orders are unconstituonal.  Although they weren't initially called executive orders, the first one was issued by George Washington. Thomas Jefferson, who wrote nearly the whole Constitution issued four of them himself.  While it is certainly true that Obama has issued many more executive orders than Washington or Jefferson, that didn't start with him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_federal_executive_orders#1800s

2.While it is true that the number of illegal aliens deported by Obama has waxed and waned during his Presidency likely due to political pressures from both sides, the Obama administration has deported more illegal aliens than any President in past history for the first six years of their Presidency.

http://blogs.reuters.com/data-dive/2015/02/25/tracking-obamas-deportation-numbers/

3.I'm not looking this up again, but I spent about an hour at the time looking for some actual quote from any official in the Obama administration that 'blamed the police' and the only comment I could find was something along the lines of "everybody needs to decrease the tension and treat each other with respect.

The only police under Obama's command are the FBI, so, while I know idiot Republicans like you like to believe that Obama is some all powerful dictator (also a false belief based on nothing) he actually has no control over state or county police forces, so he can't shackle them.

If you look at who is to blame for the increase in hostilities between the races (if that is in fact the case and not just media sensationalism) all you have to do is look at the Presidential campaign and on which side racist sentiments are being stoked.

These things may be "common knowledge" to Fox News viewers or listeners of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity or Glen Beck or readers or Town Hall (does that still exist?) or Red State or Breitbart, but none of them have any basis in fact.

If you don't like the harsh language of this reply, then please don't tell me to not post from 'partisan websites' that may be partisan leaning, but were grounded in solid argument, while claiming a bunch of lies are facts. Idiot.
Even if true that this character Obama deported more illegals that is likely because more are coming. What with the tales of Dreamers, the Obama Doctrine of open-borders with the resort-style holding facilities (in some places featuring basketball courts, flat-screens, pool, etc) and the associated free healthcare, free legal aid, free housing, free schools, free food, and free transport to some city in the USA. Hey, even get some rebates via the IRS! And have a lot of kids and you'll even get more free stuff! If you are an illegal. If you are a citizen, or worse a veteran? Then get on a secret waiting list and hope you kill yourself before the government needs to spend the money that should be more properly spend on illegals or Muslims in other lands.

Obama calls even his own grandmother a "typical white person" and immediately asserts himself in situations that are, at least historically, a local problem: insisting that Trayvon "looked like his son," immediately inserting race and getting involved when his friend, a professor at that, bizarrely tried to kick in the door of his own house (well, a rental.) And insisting that Muslims, illegals, etc get sent to particular places (usually places that voted against him- like small towns or certain states.) The agitation and support of BLMs and other protesters (like the illegals who shut down roads in their protests.) Attending mosque with radical ties and insisting that Muslims holds service in our National Cathedral but never that a Mosque, or the National Islamic Center right there on Embassy Row, hold a seder or church service.

He promised he wanted to destroy 'fundamentally change' the country and the problem is people, due to political correctness, wanting to 'be a part of history,' the awful policies of Bush, identity political voting, white guilt, and the constant media/Hollywood propaganda didn't listen and elected him; twice.

136 or 142

Quote from: albrecht on February 15, 2016, 07:04:08 PM
Even if true that this character Obama deported more illegals that is likely because more are coming. What with the tales of Dreamers, the Obama Doctrine of open-borders with the resort-style holding facilities (in some places featuring basketball courts, flat-screens, pool, etc) and the associated free healthcare, free legal aid, free housing, free schools, free food, and free transport to some city in the USA. Hey, even get some rebates via the IRS! And have a lot of kids and you'll even get more free stuff! If you are an illegal. If you are a citizen, or worse a veteran? Then get on a secret waiting list and hope you kill yourself before the government needs to spend the money that should be more properly spend on illegals or Muslims in other lands.

Obama calls even his own grandmother a "typical white person" and immediately asserts himself in situations that are, at least historically, a local problem: insisting that Trayvon "looked like his son," immediately inserting race and getting involved when his friend, a professor at that, bizarrely tried to kick in the door of his own house (well, a rental.) And insisting that Muslims, illegals, etc get sent to particular places (usually places that voted against him- like small towns or certain states.) The agitation and support of BLMs and other protesters (like the illegals who shut down roads in their protests.) Attending mosque with radical ties and insisting that Muslims holds service in our National Cathedral but never that a Mosque, or the National Islamic Center right there on Embassy Row, hold a seder or church service.

He promised he wanted to destroy 'fundamentally change' the country and the problem is people, due to political correctness, wanting to 'be a part of history,' the awful policies of Bush, white guilt, and the constant media/Hollywood propaganda didn't listen and elected him; twice.

In regards to the second part, all of Obama's comments have been measured, and I don't see how any of them could be construed as 'blaming the police.'  Obama's exact words on Trayvon Martin were "if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon" not that "Trayvon looked like his son." I suppose that's a minor distinction in terms of 'playing the race card' but, 1.Your false quote makes Obama sound like a lunatic for thinking he had a son, 2.Trayvon wasn't killed by a police officer.

In regards to the first part, this isn't something I'm an expert on, and I'm not going to spend the time looking it up, but my understanding is that like Obama's  deportations the inflow of illegal aliens into the U.S has also waxed and waned depending on the circumstances of the countries the illegal aliens are leaving and the economic situation in the U.S (not that I'm saying that Obama's deportations has any correlation with the number of illegal aliens entering the U.S).  When Obama first became President the number of illegal aliens declined due to the state of the U.S economy, then it increased with the gang violence and drug killings in Mexico and several other parts of Central and South America. It is also now even increasing further due to the number of children illegally entering the U.S which is a situation I haven't studied up on.

In Mexico right now especially the auto manufacturing sector is booming.  I believe the auto and auto parts manufacturers themselves employ something like 1% of all Mexican workers which obviously doesn't even include the indirect employment created.  Of course, many Americans also complain about the loss of manufacturing jobs to Mexico. So, you don't want them illegally entering your country and you don't want them legally 'taking your jobs.' Would you like them to also sit on their hands, not for eight years, but for their entire lives?

In the case of the drug killings, if those fleeing from the gang violence have nowhere else they can safely go in their own countries, they would be classified as refugees and not illegal aliens.  I'm not sure what the legal requirements are for the processing of refugees in the United States, but I know they legally can't simply be deported.

The total number of illegal aliens in the U.S is apparently roughly the same number it was when Obama became President, so it seems all of the numbers are pretty much the same as with George W. Bush.

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on February 15, 2016, 07:21:42 PM
In regards to the second part, all of Obama's comments have been measured, and I don't see how any of them could be construed as 'blaming the police.'  Obama's exact words on Trayvon Martin were "if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon" not that "Trayvon looked like his son." I suppose that's a minor distinction in terms of 'playing the race card' but, 1.Your false quote makes Obama sound like a lunatic for thinking he had a son, 2.Trayvon wasn't killed by a police officer.

In regards to the first part, this isn't something I'm an expert on, and I'm not going to spend the time looking it up, but my understanding is that like Obama's  deportations the inflow of illegal aliens into the U.S has also waxed and waned depending on the circumstances of the countries the illegal aliens are leaving (not that I'm saying that Obama's deportations has any correlation with the number of illegal aliens entering the U.S).  When Obama first became President the number of illegal aliens declined due to the state of the U.S economy, then it increased with the gang violence and drug killings in Mexico and several other parts of Central and South America. It is also now even increasing further due to the number of children illegally entering the U.S which is a situation I haven't studied up on.

In the case of the drug killings, if those fleeing from the gang violence have nowhere else they can safely go in their own countries, they would be classified as refugees and not illegal aliens.  I'm not sure what the legal requirements are for the processing of refugees in the United States, but I know they legally can't simply be deported.

The total number of illegal aliens in the U.S is apparently roughly the same number it was when Obama became President, so it seems all of the numbers are pretty much the same as with George W. Bush.
Illegal immigration counts are suspect- precisely because they are illegal so "in the shadows" often. Recently, under this character Obama, there have been much more child illegals (which increases the cost on society exponentially.) Now I must pay taxes so my school can even serve DINNER for the brood of illegals (and other poor people.) DINNER?  Not just breakfast and lunch but dinner now. :o Obama's 'catch and release' policy could show some numbers, I suspect, though often groups must FOAI or sue to get certain information out of the administration. The so-called "refugees" should be sent home, of course there are some real ones but most are just like the other illegals. I understand that parts of Mexico, Honduras, etc are hell-holes and some of it are due to our policies (drugs and acceptance and tolerance of immigrants and corrupt regimes.) Admittedly Bush, and many others, also were awful on immigration and on Islam. (They like the cheap labor, they think it takes pressure off unstable regimes, they like more people who will commit crimes for their prisons, etc.) But they are no longer in office and Obama has initiated specific policies to support illegals and other "refugees". Obama's plan or idea that Western countries can just take any and all immigrants and "refugees" at some point just will simply drag our countries down to their levels of violence, corruption, disease, etc. Which, I suspect, could be his goal any way.

Back on subject: saw article talking that this character Obama has Eric Holder for Supreme Court on his list of names. I don't think that would get very far but who knows these days? Conspiracy theories even going somewhat mainstream:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/02/15/conspiracy-theories-swirl-around-the-death-of-antonin-scalia/

Quote from: 136 or 142 on February 15, 2016, 06:45:18 PM

Except these things are either factually wrong or at best debatable.  They all sound like brain dead Fox News talking points, that you, I guess because you're brain dead, believe.

1.Executive orders are unconstitutional.  Although they weren't initially called executive orders, the first one was issued by George Washington. Thomas Jefferson, who wrote nearly the whole Constitution issued four of them himself.  While it is certainly true that Obama has issued many more executive orders than Washington or Jefferson, that didn't start with him.  Some of the executive orders issued by Obama may have been struck down, but that is the case for many Presidents and executive orders by themselves aren't inherently unconstitutional.  Unless of course, this Supreme Court reverses over 200 years of legal precedent, which with this court may have been possibly but is highly unlikely now that Scalia has thankfully died. Since executive orders aren't directly spelled out in the Constitution, it's also not a surprise that Obama would have issued a few that would be struck down.  The President's legal team argues why what has been issued is legal, and the Supreme Court adjudicates.

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/07/obama-and-executive-overreach/

I agree that Obama and before him George W Bush both expanded Presidential authority and that's unfortunate. But, while Bush had a Republican Congress for most of the first six years of his Presidency (James Jeffords switch to being an independent who caucused with the Democrats gave them control of the Senate for around one year from 2001-2002) it was apparently under the advice of Vice President Cheney that Bush should take back Presidential authority that Bill Clinton had somewhat given back to Congress as Cheney was a believer that the President should be the ultimate ruler of the nation (or some phrase like that) and had nothing to do with the Democrats taking back Congress in 2006.  With Obama however, I can't think of a clearer example of Republican obstructionism than their stating that they won't even give the Obama nominee for the Supreme Court a hearing based on a lie about there being some bipartisan consensus that no Supreme Court nominee should be appointed in the final year of a Presidency.  (The Supreme Court twitter feed and maybe website put out a statement yesterday that nothing of the sort exists.)   I suppose you'd say that if Congress won't go along that the President should just sit on his hands for eight years. Somehow I don't think you'd be saying that if a Democratic Congress was obstructing a Republican President.

I'd also note that however harsh I can be, at least I (most of the time) research my comments if they are based on fact based arguments before writing.

You are putting words in my mouth.  Stop the distortion and spin.

1.Idiot, I never said executive orders were unconstitutional.  How they are being used now though is.

2. It's a fact that illegals are taking jobs that used to go to blue-collar workers in the states and the Democrats want to give them the vote.  I never said anything about the number of illegals coming across the border.  I said it should be stopped completely.  Bush was as guilty as Obama for the failure of border security.  And before you go there, yes I know most of the illegal immigration comes from foreign workers overstaying their visas.   I say prosecute the corporations that hire illegals knowingly.  Put an Everify system into place.

3. As for racial tension, I will be short.  Obama giving attention to flame-throwers like Sharpton does nothing to help race relations.  I could go on further but I will leave it at that.  I stand by my statement that Obama has created an environment that allows racial tensions to increase and flourish.

Go fuck a duck, Canuck.

136 or 142

On the other comments made about executive orders since the first comment.  Obama issued a great deal of executive orders in both 2014 and 2015 and I believe he has now issued more executive orders than at least George W Bush did over the same period of time.  So, that claim on the number of executive orders issued by Obama is no longer the case.

On the other hand, this position that Obama's executive orders are material different than those issued by prior Presidents is another fact free Republican talking point.  If you check here for instance: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/recycled/2009/01/ten_to_toss.html (oh, shame on me, a possibly partisan web site, but this site provides links to the actual executive orders so you can decide for yourself if Slate is describing them fairly. Most of them read on the surface anyway sound like pretty major changes in law.

On top of that, W. Bush also routinely issued, 'signing statements' that effectively said "although Congress just passed this bill into law, I'm instructing the Federal Government to ignore this law and not implement it.  Although the use of signing statements was done by previous Presidents, W Bush greatly expanded their scope:

As of January 30, 2008, he had signed 157 signing statements challenging over 1,100 provisions of federal law.[12]

The upswing in the use of signing statements during the Reagan administration coincides with the writing by Samuel A. Alito â€" then a staff attorney in the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel â€" of a 1986 memorandum making the case for "interpretive signing statements" as a tool to "increase the power of the Executive to shape the law." Alito proposed adding signing statements to a "reasonable number of bills" as a pilot project, but warned that "Congress is likely to resent the fact that the President will get in the last word on questions of interpretation."[13]

In contrast, by the sixth year of his Presidency, Obama had issued just 28 signing statements, and for it seems all but one signing statement as of that date, he had rolled back the use of the signing statement to their original purpose.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/promise/516/no-signing-statements-nullify-instruction-congress/

For those who remember this, Obama's promise in 2008 was that he would roll the scope of signing statements back to their original purpose, not that he would end them outright.  His exact promise is quoted in that article.

I'm no big fan of W.  He acted like a liberal in many circumstances.  I also stand by my executive order statement.  No president has sought to legalize at least thousands of illegal aliens through an executive order.  This is going far above the scope of what executive orders are supposed to be used for and it impacts this nation tremendously and not for the better.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 15, 2016, 07:53:10 PM
I'm no big fan of W.  He acted like a liberal in many circumstances.  I also stand by my executive order statement.  No president has sought to legalize at least thousands of illegal aliens through an executive order.  This is going far above the scope of what executive orders are supposed to be used for and it impacts this nation tremendously and not for the better.

This article describes the ones blocked by the 5th circuit' and it was millions, not thousands.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/11/fifth-circuit-obama-immigration/415077/

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 15, 2016, 07:40:03 PM
You are putting words in my mouth.  Stop the distortion and spin.

1.Idiot, I never said executive orders were unconstitutional.  How they are being used now though is.

2. It's a fact that illegals are taking jobs that used to go to blue-collar workers in the states and the Democrats want to give them the vote.  I never said anything about the number of illegals coming across the border.  I said it should be stopped completely.  Bush was as guilty as Obama for the failure of border security.  And before you go there, yes I know most of the illegal immigration comes from foreign workers overstaying their visas.   I say prosecute the corporations that hire illegals knowingly.  Put an Everify system into place.

3. As for racial tension, I will be short.  Obama giving attention to flame-throwers like Sharpton does nothing to help race relations.  I could go on further but I will leave it at that.  I stand by my statement that Obama has created an environment that allows racial tensions to increase and flourish.

Go fuck a duck, Canuck.

1. That case has just reached the Supreme Court and hasn't been ruled on.  It's not unconstitutional unless the Supreme Court says it is. I concede I misquoted your first statement. Sorry.

2.The point on the number of deportations was to show that Obama has, in fact, enforced the law.  It's not just Obama or W Bush that didn't deport every illegal alien, that goes right back to at least your hero Satan Ronnie.  I don't know if e-verify would work, but given the number of improper names on the no fly list, and the number of those who get or make fake passports,I don't know that it would do all that much.  I realize that e-verify goes a bit deeper than that, but if you have an illegal alien who wants a job and a company or small business who wants to hire them, how often would you expect the verification of e-verify to be verified?  I don't know, off the top of my head, I know that a number of service businesses avoid charging sales tax by taking cash. Would e-verify stop an employer from paying cash and not even reporting the new employee? I realize there are ways that the IRS could check to see if the numbers of employees in a business makes sense given the revenue, but now you'd be implementing a system whereby businesses are required to act as quasi law enforcement officials and check the legal status of every single person they hire, and where the IRS would also be required to police virtually every single business that hires, and more importantly, doesn't hire anybody. That sounds to me like your getting awfully close to the police state that so many here seem to also be complaining about.

3.Here though it's you who are misquoting yourself, your exact words were "Obama stirred up the kettle and blamed the police first when the people that died were basically thugs and had been the aggressors." Not only did Obama never make such a statement but nobody in his administration did either. So, all you have left is that "Obama gives attention to flame-throwers like Sharpton.  Quite a backdown. I don't know what you mean by 'gives attention to' (meets with him?  true, highlights him in the media?  I don't think so.)  Also, Obama meeting with Al Sharpton that allows 'racial tensions to increase and flourish"? How so?

I realize you didn't directly say that but that seems to be the implication of your comment. What else has Obama done, factually verified, that has 'allowed racial tensions to increase and flourish.'

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 15, 2016, 07:53:10 PM

Actually 5 million, not thousands. But, it still hasn't been ruled as Unconstitutional.  A stay of the enforcement of the executive order by a federal court provides no indication of how the Supreme Court will vote.

136 or 142

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 15, 2016, 08:07:04 PM
And this is just for the duck fornicating Canuck in the crowd.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/02/what-made-antonin-scalia-great/462837/

Thanks, that proves my point.  More of the 'say only nice things about the newly deceased no matter how much bullshit it is' bullshit. I admit I didn't read the article, but the headline alone showed to me that it was an example of the bullshit I was describing and as I rule, I never read those sorts of articles on anybody.

Jackstar

Scalia can be great and an asshole at the same time. These should not be difficult concepts for a thinking being to hold in their mind at once.

Similarly, I don't know, or even really give a shit if the man was whacked or not, but I do find the people who are already dead certain either way to be incomprehensible morons.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on February 15, 2016, 08:17:27 PM
1. That case has just reached the Supreme Court and hasn't been ruled on.  It's not unconstitutional unless the Supreme Court says it is. I concede I misquoted your first statement. Sorry.

2.The point on the number of deportations was to show that Obama has, in fact, enforced the law.  It's not just Obama or W Bush that didn't deport every illegal immigrant, that goes right back to at least your hero Satan Ronnie.  I don't know if e-verify would work, but given the number of improper names on the no fly list, and the number of those who get or make fake passports,I don't know that it would do all that much.  I realize that e-verify goes a bit deeper than that, but if you have an illegal alien who wants a job and a company or small business who wants to hire them, how often would you expect the verification of e-verify to be verified?  I don't know, off the top of my head, I know that a number of service businesses avoid charging sales tax by taking cash. Would e-verify stop an employer from paying cash and not even reporting the new employee?

3.Here though it's you who are misquoting yourself, your exact words were "Obama stirred up the kettle and blamed the police first when the people that died were basically thugs and had been the aggressors." Not only did Obama never make such a statement but nobody in his administration did either. So, all you have left is that "Obama gives attention to flame-throwers like Sharpton.  Quite a backdown. I don't know what you mean by 'gives attention to' (meets with him?  true, highlights him in the media?  I don't think so.)  Also, Obama meeting with Al Sharpton that allows 'racial tensions to increase and flourish"? How so?

I realize you didn't directly say that but that seems to be the implication of your comment. What else has Obama done, factually verified, that has 'allowed racial tensions to increase and flourish.'

I don't have much time because I need to spend time with my wife.  Just a minor comment on the first point.

I do want to add that the power to legislate comes from the Congress as per the Constitution.  That is plain as day and a Supreme Court that ruled in favor of executive orders of this magnitude would be misinterpreting the Constitution. 

With your second point, I have nothing to add as I am not in deep disagreement with anything you said there.

Now for the last part.

As for stirring up the kettle.  Obama allowed the Ferguson riots to get out of control when he had the power to say or do something to calm down the minority populace that suspected the cop was a racist murderer.  He did nothing which basically gave his tacit support for the rioters. This in turn led to other violence in cities like Baltimore and elsewhere.  Then giving that race-card hack, Sharpton, legitimacy by inviting him to the White House for discussions. That is what I meant when I say Obama stirred up the kettle.

That is all I can say now.  I gotta go but my wife has one question.  Why do you call yourself 136 or 142? I'll get your answer later.

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 15, 2016, 08:34:39 PM

I don't have much time because I need to spend time with my wife.  Just a minor comment on the first point.

I do want to add that the power to legislate comes from the Congress as per the Constitution.  That is plain as day and a Supreme Court that ruled in favor of executive orders of this magnitude would be misinterpreting the Constitution. 

With your second point, I have nothing to add as I am not in deep disagreement with anything you said there.

Now for the last part.

As for stirring up the kettle.  Obama allowed the Ferguson riots to get out of control when he had the power to say or do something to calm down the minority populace that suspected the cop was a racist murderer.  He did nothing which basically gave his tacit support for the rioters. This in turn led to other violence in cities like Baltimore and elsewhere.  Then giving that race-card hack, Sharpton, legitimacy by inviting him to the White House for discussions. That is what I meant when I say Obama stirred up the kettle.

That is all I can say now.  I gotta go but my wife has one question.  Why do you call yourself 136 or 142? I'll get your answer later.

Obama was slow to react but he did not do nothing in Ferguson.  I believe it's up to the local authorities to call in federal help in situations like these, as per the U.S Constitution.  So, while  Obama may be faulted for not commenting immediately, he could hardly have acted.

August 9, 2014
Michael Brown, an unarmed 18-year-old black teenager, is shot dead by a white police officer on a street in Ferguson, Missouri. Some witnesses claim Brown had his hands up in surrender when he was shot. The body remains in the street for four hours and crowds begin to gather at the site of the shooting.
August 10
St Louis County Police hold a press conference in which they claim Brown was killed because he was reaching for the officer's gun. Police refuse to name the officer involved in the shooting.Meanwhile, demonstrators gather at a makeshift memorial near the spot where Brown was killed and his parents hire attorney Benjamin Crump, who also represented the family of Trayvon Martin, a black teen killed in a high-profile shooting last year in Florida.That night violence begins with looting at local businesses and a heavy response from police in riot gear.

August 11
The Brown family holds a press conference demanding justice for Michael, as St Louis Police announce they will release the name of the officer the following day. The FBI also announces it is joining the investigation.Unrest continues into the night, with police using tear gas and rubber bullets against protesters, some of whom are alleged to be firing guns at officers.

August 12
President Barack Obama addresses the shooting for the first time, calling Michael Brown's death "heartbreaking" but urging the community in Ferguson to stay calm.Police say they will not release the name of the officer due to threats made on his safety, sparking further outrage from demonstrators. Clashes continue overnight.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11242108/Ferguson-timeline-of-events-since-Michael-Browns-death.html

After this incident Obama said that there was no excuse for riots and that rioters were not protesters but were common criminals using the legal protests as an excuse to engage in violent activity.

136 or 142

Quote from: Jackstar on February 15, 2016, 08:28:45 PM
Scalia can be great and an asshole at the same time. These should not be difficult concepts for a thinking being to hold in their mind at once.

Of course, but do you seriously think that while that article detailed all the ways that made Scalia 'great' that it also detailed all the ways that made him 'an asshole'?

Also, do you doubt that the writer(s) of that article gave Scalia every benefit of the doubt so as to describe as many of his activities as possible as 'great.'

Jackstar

Quote from: 136 or 142 on February 15, 2016, 08:58:14 PM
Of course, but do you seriously think that

Not really sure, I don't intentionally read propaganda either. However, it would seem likely to me that many people loathed him for many of his qualities that others adored, & vice versa.

And as for the author's intent, the only story worth noting right now is, "wow, this looks really fishy, what is the significance of that?" Remember when James Gandolfini died, they did an autopsy on that fat fuck--so why not this fat fuck? Curious. So if this writer isn't touching on that, there's a paid agenda involved, period.

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on February 15, 2016, 09:32:05 PM
Not really sure, I don't intentionally read propaganda either. However, it would seem likely to me that many people loathed him for many of his qualities that others adored, & vice versa.

And as for the author's intent, the only story worth noting right now is, "wow, this looks really fishy, what is the significance of that?" Remember when James Gandolfini died, they did an autopsy on that fat fuck--so why not this fat fuck? Curious. So if this writer isn't touching on that, there's a paid agenda involved, period.
There is an odd pattern with regard to this character Obama, and in some circumstances Bush previously, with regard to no autopsies and somewhat bizarre scenarios. Like killing, arguably, the worst terrorist ever but then disposing of his body at sea with full Muslim honors? And all of the reports about the deaths of various terrorists for them to turn up again later to be killed in another drone strike or some such? Sure, some is 'fog of war' and lack of information in chaotic lands but with Bin Laden? And now Scalia, not in a war zone, for people to be declared 'natural death' via telephone by some JP (where was security, presumably Justice's have Federal minders or protection) and no autopsy despite weird, conflicting reports? Kill Osama and gloat rightfully and even doctor up some photo-ops showing people watching the operation from the White House, but then give full Muslim honors burial at sea so quickly and not bring back the body? Curious goings-on.

Quote from: Jackstar on February 15, 2016, 09:32:05 PM
o if this writer isn't touching on that, there's a paid agenda involved, period.

Un-huh 

Jackstar

Quote from: FearBoysWithBugs on February 15, 2016, 10:03:54 PM
Un-huh

Hey mang, what's going on with Falkie? Thanks to your mother in advance.

Quote from: Jackstar on February 15, 2016, 10:12:27 PM
Hey mang, what's going on with Falkie? Thanks to your mother in advance.

A picture is worth a thousand words

I remember a time when you were interestingly, flamboyantly ridiculous.  Now, you just don't seem to have the energy to be bugfuck insane anymore.  You're like a broken down amusement park with only three rides left open.