• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Show me your critter !

Started by Dixie Butcher, August 25, 2008, 03:32:24 PM

Dixie Butcher

And yes, that could be a euphemism.  Hey y'all - some of you may know what a big animal lover I am - so I wanna see all of your pet pictures and hear all about your animals and their personalities.  Can ya do that for me?  I'm sincere, too, I really enjoy that.  My husband is a painter and I love it when he does pet portraits because we get to learn all about the animal's personality and relationship with their humans.  It's fascinating.  Btw- he usually paints the animals in fantastic situations.  Like he had two cats sitting at a bar.  He had blue tick hound on the witness stand in a court room ( that was for a lawyer...),  a pimp cat driving a Caddy with two gangsta dogs in the back - stuff like that.  They're real fun.

So speaking of fun - here's two of our three cats - MoochieHeyMoochie and Billy Biscuit - Billy is the more leopardy looking one - Mooch is the insane one playing with the bed curtains.

Dixie Butcher

Hm. I'm having trouble finding a small enough KB photo of The Big Mooch - I'll post one eventually...

EvB

BENGALS!?

Oh my - they are beautiful animals.

Dixie Butcher

Yup - we got two Bengal boys - they are spectacular,  but honestly we got them because of their personalities.  I wanted a cat that was guaranteed to be interactive and entertaining and have lots of spunk - and Bengals have LOADS of all of those.  We got Moochie - then rapidly found out why the breeders encourage you to buy TWO Bengals.  They definitely need to have somebody like them to play with, or they can become right destructive.   Once we got Billy - he's about 7 months younger - then both cats became real sweeties - but still complete wildmen.   If they're not sleeping,  they are running around full bore,  playing and play fighting and generally getting into mischief.

Now tell us more about your poodle dog, Ev B - I do like the standards.  What's your opinion on Labradoodles?  I met one and his owner at the vet's  once,  and the owner said that, although he loved his dog madly,  he wouldn't get another -  he said they extremely high strung.

Dixie Butcher

OMG CHARLES !!!!  Is that a Bichon ?   What a cutie patootie - look at those button eyes !!!    Oh !!   An angel !!  Tell me all about him/her!

Charles

Quote from: Dixie Butcher on August 25, 2008, 04:48:30 PM
OMG CHARLES !!!!  Is that a Bichon ?   What a cutie patootie - look at those button eyes !!!    Oh !!   An angel !!  Tell me all about him/her!

You know what I Bichon maybe what my girlfriend calls her ... can't remember. She is a pretty nice dog ... very playful ... like to hang out outside alot and loves long walks. I don't walk her though ... something about a guy walking a small white dog that looks well ... you know ... gay. Her arch enemy is my girlfriends cat Amelia ... she is very jealous of any attention we give her.

Dixie Butcher

Besides the pretty coloring,  Amelia's face is so, so beautiful.  It's a little unusual, but I can't quite pinpoint what it is about it.  She looks tiny - how big is she ?   And does she mess with Zoey, or do they just tolerate one another?

LOL  re:  the gay thing -  you're funny.  C'mon!!  Whaddayou care if somebody thinks you're gay just cuz ya got a little fuzzy dog?

Charles

Quote from: Dixie Butcher on August 25, 2008, 05:21:43 PM
Besides the pretty coloring,  Amelia's face is so, so beautiful.  It's a little unusual, but I can't quite pinpoint what it is about it.  She looks tiny - how big is she ?   And does she mess with Zoey, or do they just tolerate one another?

LOL  re:  the gay thing -  you're funny.  C'mon!!  Whaddayou care if somebody thinks you're gay just cuz ya got a little fuzzy dog?

Amelia is bigger than that now ... thats the a kitten picture of her. They get along pretty well I guess ... Its a game every now and then for Zoey and Amelia to fight ... sometimes they get into it though. Zoey is always trying to eat Amelia's foods also .. so we get that issue all the time. We have to put the cats food on the counter but we really don't want her up there and its funny she won't eat it up there either. She will only eat when we put it on the floor.

I guess guys just don't like looking gay when they are not gay. I dunno. LOL!

EvB

This is a better description of Fred than I can give you in words, Dixie. He's a huge cream colored poodle who charms most people - and has a pathological obsession with squirrels. This is the first animation I ever did, and it wasn't built to fit here - so you'll see a little "off stage" -- also - you'll have to refresh to replay  or if it started before you got to it.

http://www.people.umass.edu/ebarney/Fred&NEmFinalEdit.swf

EvB

This is one of my first pieces of digital art - "Cattrip" featuring Peeve the Evil:

This is Peeve herself, up-close and crazy:

EvB

This is Barkley,  the Boogie-Woogie-Beagle-Boy of Faimily B:

He's actually a beagle/german-shorthaired-pointer mix, but his personality is ALL BEAGLE! Here he is, for no particular reason, dressed up as a poodle! 

He's kinda old and cranky now, and lives with my son in a more Dog-friejdly place that i live, but only 5 miles away.  He spends his days chewing rawhide and chasing bunnies, and - SLEEPING!

EvB

QuoteWhat's your opinion on Labradoodles?  I met one and his owner at the vet's  once,  and the owner said that, although he loved his dog madly,  he wouldn't get another -  he said they extremely high strung.

Siiiiiiiiiigh -

"Doodles" are an issue, sadly. I've met some lovely ones, in fact Fred has some half-sibs who are black Doodles, and have temperaments very similar to his.  But here's the thing:  Doodles are DESIGNER DOGS - people want 'em - so people will create them.  Australian Doodles have been bred for a few generations - and many US breeders us Australian stock - but most, including Fred's sibs, are just cross-breeds. And, as the line is NOT established, they are all cross breeds to one degree or another at the end of the day.  Who and what they will be is a crap-shoot. And that means temperament, size, type of coat (curly or straight, hypoallergenic or not etc) health and all that jazz.

Critters are always a crap shoot - it's just that as popular as this mix is now - it's a bigger crap shoot than some.

Would I have a Doodle?  Sure.  Would I pay over 1 or even two grand for a Doodle without checking the history of BOTH SIDES of it's line?  No way.

This is my cat Dexter. He's the devil.

He's the only pet I have but he's a handful anyways. His hobbies are eating, catching bugs, chasing shadows, sleeping, and throwing his litter all over the floor.

Sorry master Yoda. I will be a better Jedi. Please don't force-spank me again.

Hahahaha, gross.  I love the ear action on Yoda.

Frys Girl

i have lots of stuff to share. how do you attach pics to a post?

Spikegirl

Quote from: Frys Girl on October 23, 2008, 06:14:32 PM
i have lots of stuff to share. how do you attach pics to a post?

Go to Additional Options and click on that.

Frys Girl

My ten year old guinea pig. She's awesome and a virgin.

Fry,... haven't you seen the new episode of South Park?

Frys Girl

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on October 25, 2008, 04:06:11 PM
Fry,... haven't you seen the new episode of South Park?
no. y? are there animal cruelty jokes??? :(

Quote from: Frys Girl on October 25, 2008, 04:23:21 PM
no. y? is there animal cruelty jokes??? :(

You'll understand when you see it.  :P

Frys Girl

lol found it. also.....the peruvian bands ROFL