• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on November 06, 2016, 08:36:26 PM
I've had it with politics.  I want to become brain dead.  I'm returning to sNoory and the submerging artists.
Ah, yes.  The mind numbing void of Jorch Noorie and his Super Suck Sunday Smorgasbord of Smegma.

Quote from: michio on November 05, 2016, 07:48:04 AM
Bill is AAA, it wasn't Bill. Michael is the head of Georgie's unofficial fan club. He likes his religion. I think he's the guy who wanted Georgie to run for president, be elected and put us on a downward spiral to nuclear destruction.

The Trump campaign is apparently paying for Falwell Jr. endorsed ads supporting Trump. Mike was hoping to get Jr. on the show with another guy to answer a question related to a biblical quote made by Jr. and/or those ads. "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's." Mike's argument was there were no Jews voting back then and surely not voting for Caesar. I could have some of Mike's perceived "controversy" mixed up, but believe that's the gist of it.

My bad.  Their voices sound similar.

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 04, 2016, 02:18:28 AM
Hey Belles. Pretty fractured right now. Amy Martin is pretty good Wed-Friday. Everything else seems hit or miss based on the topic.

What Hollywood woman was Christian Wilde referring to, the "only woman in Hollywood to watch her figure".  What a horrible way to package a woman's history.  Who is she?

Quote from: loveslibraries on November 07, 2016, 01:09:39 AM
What Hollywood woman was Christian Wilde referring to, the "only woman in Hollywood to watch her figure".  What a horrible way to package a woman's history.  Who is she?
At 11:04pm

GravitySucks

Christian Wilde's voice does not match his picture.

Johnny Depp

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 07, 2016, 01:26:13 AM
Christian Wilde's voice does not match his picture.

He looks like Anton Lavey.  I was expecting some white-haired geezer with a doctor's coat and glasses.  We can clearly see where Jorch gets his grooming tips from.  I think Wilde's goatee is the same color as Jorch's mustache. Coincidence?  There's no such thing as coincidence or so Jorch likes to tell us.

Whatever you do, do not google Christian Wilde doctor and click on images. :-[

JesusJuice

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 07, 2016, 01:42:30 AM
Whatever you do, do not google Christian Wilde doctor and click on images. :-[

Yes. Bing with the safesearch off is actually much better in situations like this.

Quote from: JesusJuice on November 07, 2016, 01:45:18 AM

Yes. Bing with the safesearch off is actually much better in situations like this.

I don't think I'll try.  lol.

zeebo

I listened for a bit during the first twenty mins., and when George tried to bring the topic to stem cells CW kept reverting back to turmeric references, like he's got a one-track mind obsessed with the infamous yellow powder.

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 07, 2016, 01:21:41 AM
I missed it. Sorry.
I guess gravity didn't/doesn't suck for her, whichever actress or model she is/was.  Why doesn't Preheat brief guests on basic etiquette? Time after time these guys get to gossiping about women (as if the women only exist to excite these men) like the show is in a man-cave.  I'm sure half the listeners are women and we get really tired of the meat market mentality displayed on c2c.

Quote from: zeebo on November 07, 2016, 01:54:43 AM
I listened for a bit during the first twenty mins., and when George tried to bring the topic to stem cells CW kept reverting back to turmeric references, like he's got a one-track mind obsessed with the infamous yellow powder.

Hard to believe the Bible kings didn't bring gold!

zeebo

Quote from: loveslibraries on November 07, 2016, 02:01:27 AM
Hard to believe the Bible kings didn't bring gold!

ha yeah that was good too, also news is frankincense is something you eat

GravitySucks

Quote from: loveslibraries on November 07, 2016, 01:59:56 AM
I guess gravity didn't/doesn't suck for her, whichever actress or model she is/was.  Why doesn't Preheat brief guests on basic etiquette? Time after time these guys get to gossiping about women (as if the women only exist to excite these men) like the show is in a man-cave.  I'm sure half the listeners are women and we get really tired of the meat market mentality displayed on c2c.

Most of the time when I have it on it is just like white noise. I might actually listen to a sentence or two if the topic is really interesting but I keep the radio on this late mainly because I need background noise.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 07, 2016, 02:09:24 AM
The Church of the Holy Sepluka?

Last week he announced the tomb was just discovered. That is not true. It was "discovered" around 360 AD if I remember right. I wasn't surprised he had no clue to the history of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.

GravitySucks

So after interviewing a guest for two hours about the history of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre including details when the tomb was discovered in the 4th century and it was just now being reexamined, GNS ends the shows by remarking that it is amazing that the tomb of Jesus might have finally been found. What a moron.

Juan

I didn't hear any submerging artists.  What a disappointment.

pate

Quote from: Juan on November 07, 2016, 04:56:00 AM
I didn't hear any submerging artists.  What a disappointment.

Prime Nooron has no schedule

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 07, 2016, 02:07:21 AM
Most of the time when I have it on it is just like white noise. I might actually listen to a sentence or two if the topic is really interesting but I keep the radio on this late mainly because I need background noise.
I think I've mentioned before but maybe not? There are much better white noise options out there. Several apps for iPhone or Android with many different things. I like rain sounds but there are beach, ocean, hail, trains, etc and tons of generic white (and other "color" noises) also. Much better than Norry to go to sleep. I use Norry as background noise when mowing the lawn, working in the garage, etc where there are other louder noises to drown him out.
-GNS

From Friday Nights OL:
"I always wonder what it would be like to die tragically"- Dave Norry

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 07, 2016, 01:40:22 AM
He looks like Anton Lavey.  I was expecting some white-haired geezer with a doctor's coat and glasses.  We can clearly see where Jorch gets his grooming tips from.  I think Wilde's goatee is the same color as Jorch's mustache. Coincidence?  There's no such thing as coincidence or so Jorch likes to tell us.
Maybe it's a Tooomeric side-effect.

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on November 07, 2016, 09:35:59 AM
... I use Norry as background noise when mowing the lawn, working in the garage, etc where there are other louder noises to drown him out.

Sounds like a variation on an old joke, i.e. you would never listen to a noorie show that you could actually hear.

Anyone have a closet membership, to see at 11:04 last night which actress was such an idol?  She must be quite senior to still be turning heads.

I remember one time a female caller was praised because she (said she) weighed 110lbs. They praised her even though her height was unknown. 110lbs is actually anorexic for many women.  The average woman is 5'6".  In this caller's case, after her height became known, 110 lbs actually was borderline underweigh, depending on her frame & which website you use.  Not that they ever acknowledged it on air.  I thought the show was supposed to be about health, not about promoting anorexia in women.

Anyway, who was the star whose body size was so meaningful to them as the 2nd hour started last night?

Morgus

I believe Noory and Wilde were referring to singer Kate Smith, who Noory mentioned he always plays her recording of singing "God Bless America" on holidays like July 4th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Smith

Kathryn Elizabeth Smith (May 1, 1907 â€" June 17, 1986), known professionally as Kate Smith and The First Lady of Radio, was an American singer, a contralto, best known for her rendition of Irving Berlin's "God Bless America".
She had a radio, television, and recording career spanning five decades, which reached its pinnacle in the 1940s. Smith became known as The Songbird of the South after her enduring popularity during World War II and contribution to American culture and patriotism.

Quote from: Morgus on November 08, 2016, 01:02:42 AM
I believe Noory and Wilde were referring to singer Kate Smith, who Noory mentioned he always plays her recording of singing "God Bless America" on holidays like July 4th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Smith

Kathryn Elizabeth Smith (May 1, 1907 â€" June 17, 1986), known professionally as Kate Smith and The First Lady of Radio, was an American singer, a contralto, best known for her rendition of Irving Berlin's "God Bless America".
She had a radio, television, and recording career spanning five decades, which reached its pinnacle in the 1940s. Smith became known as The Songbird of the South after her enduring popularity during World War II and contribution to American culture and patriotism.

Thank you for the education.

Wikipedia says she was quite outspoken about her largesse.  I thought Christian Wilde said she watched her figure but maybe he said, "The only woman in Hollywood NOT to watch her figure".   That would make more sense.  Either way he wasn't very nice!  Thanks for filling me in, Morgus.

How is the show going now?  My station won't play it for another half hour due to some sports game.