• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Rix Gins

Quote from: Flying Killer Robot on April 29, 2018, 01:58:32 AM
Sure thing. It did here.. Thanks to Keith too, for delivering a Keith-appropriate tribute.  It did bring a lot of people together here and elsewhere, remembering Art through the music that reflected his personality so well.. but .. no ABBA? :)

It just goes to show that there were far more bumper songs than could fit in a three hour show.  I think that everyone had favorites that weren't played due to time constraints.  I wanted to hear The Chase and some Moody Blues tunes.  But still, a very nice tribute to Art.

dsz

"Roswells to you out there Art, and Headstones to you Heather"... Yeah, I want her back for one more show :D You'd have to admit she has Lasha sized cajones if she did it. I was thinking for her next job she'd be a good home shopping channel host, but then again...

As nice as it was to hear all the eulogies and tributes over the past two weeks, the music was more poignant. At the end of the day you can only say so much. The music says more because of all the memories of Art and his work it conjures up. I'm glad Keith did this tonight.

dsz

Quote from: Sammi on April 29, 2018, 02:57:14 AM
wtf did i just read? And since when was Art a drug user?

My thoughts exactly. I was hoping if I ignored it then it'd be like I never read it. Crazy shit. But thanks for bringing it to our attention mv. Was there a part about Barbara Bush being a meth dealer I missed before I ran away?

popple

Quote from: mv on April 29, 2018, 02:35:36 AM
http://www.drturi.com/verne-troyer-and-art-bell-suicide/

QuoteAnd because of this supreme universal idiocy, lack of cosmic awareness and “misunderstanding” I was fired, eliminated and muted by all!   Including our “friend” George Noory!

:(

WOTR

Any article that uses the phrase "After carefully investigating Art Bell’s UCI using the art and science of Astropsychology / Astroforensics" as part of their proof is more than a little suspect.  When even part of the proof relies on his "dragons tail being in his tenth house" you can pretty much dismiss it.  Hell, if you are willing to buy this, I would suggest a consultation with Lasha to find the "trooth." ::)

I made it about half way through the article before the bullshit became too deep to continue without a lifejacket.

***On the one page he used the word "idiot" eight times to refer to others.  The moron must think he is something special (or is trying to compete with a certain bellgab poster for the most uses of that word in a short period of time...)  :P  I love reading how inferior everybody else is who does not believe his version of the truth. Mental illness on full display.

One last reference- then I'm done.  "To them, they are as good as the Jews in the mind of Hitler and must be burned alive! Every single atheists (sic) on the planet share a bit of Hitler’(sic) legacy in his soul."  I really wish he had a page for me to comment on.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WOTR on April 29, 2018, 03:12:00 AM
Any article that uses the phrase "After carefully investigating Art Bell’s UCI using the art and science of Astropsychology / Astroforensics" as part of their proof is more than a little suspect. 

Everybody knows astrology is infallible.

/sarcasm

WOTR

Quote from: mv on April 29, 2018, 03:23:01 AM
Everybody knows astrology is infallible.

/sarcasm
Bullshit.  Tarot Cards > Astrology.  ;)

Hells Mole

Quote from: WOTR on April 29, 2018, 03:12:00 AM
I made it about half way through the article before the bullshit became too deep to continue without a lifejacket.

I only made it a few sentences before I had to bail.  Mad props to that guy though for having the bravery to rock an HTML 1.0 web site in 2018.

Rhucus

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 29, 2018, 12:57:48 AM
"Thanks for the ride, ART."  anybody else catch that?

Thanks Keith. 

Choked me up

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: WOTR on April 29, 2018, 03:25:41 AM
Bullshit.  Tarot Cards > Astrology.  ;)

If we ever want the real truth I think we'll need Ed Dames. He's 100% accurate guaranteed.

Let Dames settle this matter once and for all.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Hells Mole on April 29, 2018, 03:26:48 AM
I only made it a few sentences before I had to bail.  Mad props to that guy though for having the bravery to rock an HTML 1.0 web site in 2018.

And here I was feeling bad about possibly coming off judgey, when you went ahead and said what I was thinking. Geocities FTW.

The information in itself is however valuable, no matter the design.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Azzerae on April 29, 2018, 03:36:55 AM
And here I was feeling bad about possibly coming off judgey, when you went ahead and said what I was thinking. Geocities FTW.

The information in itself is however valuable, no matter the design.

The starry background makes him definite C2C guest material.

your boi art was on the vape juice

AZZERAE

Quote from: mv on April 29, 2018, 03:48:31 AM
The starry background makes him definite C2C guest material.

Catsmile really tore me a new one last night for putting my foot out of line, so I was approaching my acknowledgement - and possible critique - of the stars with trepidation...Now that you've said the very thing I wanted so badly to say, I take it I'm in the clear? Whew!

*wipes brow*

AZZERAE

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 29, 2018, 02:11:13 AM
So, now what?

Its back to late nights with Missus Willis and her milk-sacks, Heather rattling Bateman's empty cage, MV guarding his 10 foot plus tree, and that circling pack of pesky Jazmunda's. That's what.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Azzerae on April 29, 2018, 04:14:06 AM
Its back to late nights with Missus Willis and her milk-sacks, Heather rattling Bateman's empty cage, MV guarding his 10 foot plus tree, and that circling pack of pesky Jazmunda's. That's what.

Now that could have some ASMR-like qualities if recited with the right accent.

AZZERAE

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 29, 2018, 04:20:57 AM
Now that could have some ASMR-like qualities if recited with the right accent.

Mhmm.

:P

Lilith

Quote from: Flying Killer Robot on April 29, 2018, 01:17:21 AM
Hi - First time posting here - Long time lurking - that old story.  I come bearing gifts.  Here's the entire show.. I tired posting it directly but the file size was too large.  Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FS0JTXISgoT0GEPoO3v4MGAIbgaAYMPf

Track List

Neil Diamond - Prologue
Bananarama - Venus
Al Stewart - Year Of The Cat
Cusco - Flute Battle
Cusco - Fighting Inca
The Doobie Brothers - China Grove
The Doors - L.A. Woman
The Doors - Riders On The Storm
Elton John - Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting
Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil in Disguise
Elvis Presley - Viva Las Vegas
Enya - Orinoco Flow
Fleetwood Mac - Tusk
The Four seasons - 1963 (Oh What a Night)
George Fishoff - Little Ballerina Blue
Golden Earring - Twilight Zone
Grass Roots - Temptation Eyes
The Highwymen - Highwayman
The Hollies - Long Cool Woman
Jigsaw - Sky High
Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around
Kiki Dee - I've Got The Music In Me
Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
Lee Hazelwood/Nancy Sinatra - Some Velvet Morning
Loreena McKennitt - The Mystic's Dream
Metisse - Boom Boom Ba
Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight
Ray Lynch - The Oh of Pleasure
Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Trampled Rose
Supertramp - The Logical Song
Supertramp - Take The Long Way Home
Tito & Tarantula - After Dark
Toto - Africa
Dana Ray Band - Don't Let It Be The Grays
Cusco - Inca Dance

Welcome to bellgab!  Please post often!

Praise MV!

....and Thank You!  Really nice Bellgab Edition :)

Dr Who

I am thinking of opening an online forum where we can talk about Art Bell, some of his guests, and really talk about how  bad some of the people who tried to take over from him are,but would it work?

ponyboysunset

I chose sleep and missed nothing really. Good call. Lol. So Monday does anyone think we will get a new host?

AZZERAE

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 29, 2018, 04:58:23 AM
I chose sleep and missed nothing really. Good call. Lol. So Monday does anyone think we will get a new host?

My guess is no. Heather said no, so I guess she's out.

Its a good thing you never asked what you missed while you were asleep...Catsmile woulda had your head. Apparently we're not allowed to ask!

Dr Who

Yes ,the new host of MITD will be Ed Dames, no subscription,but you must be a remote viewer to hear it.
MITD are confident that on that basis they will maintain the same audience numbers they had with the previous host.

Juan

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 29, 2018, 04:58:23 AM
Keith said he would have another repeat ready for Monday if Heather didn’t show up. He said he would have other options on Tuesday.

DynamoHum

Long time semi lurker and appreciater of all you crazy cats.

Just finished listening to the show (thanks those who put it up so I could grab it).

I'll admit I cried. The sense memory these songs evoke. What a powerful thing this was. Keith may not have ever been the most convivial person on the planet - but bugger me this was good. I can't think of a better way to celebrate Art and his shows than to give us something like this.

I'm not surprised Keith didn't take calls, I think current circumstances were probably that "he had something in his eye".

We took a ride tonight, didn't we?

Cheers Art, Cheers Keith

(Praise MV)