• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Ravenna

Quote from: dan7800 on November 11, 2013, 02:41:43 PM
This is all garbage. The people in listener care would be the last to know. They are just making small talk.

My feeling too, sadly.

Miranda

Quote from: Meanandnasty on November 11, 2013, 02:31:47 PM
Good News! Good News!  Good News!

I just made a deal with the D. .  (not the Producer)

I contacted Sirius listener care and told them if they would get Art Bell back on the air, I will be a paid subscriber.

In that conversation he said that Mr. Bell's channel was one of the most popular ones.  That he looked for him to be back on Sirius soon.  That was from a representative in Listener Care at Sirius.

The message on Artbell.com has been changed to now read: We're hoping to get Art released from SiriusXM contract so he can come back on Internet LIVE Streaming. We already have the technology in place, just waiting for the lawyers.

It definitely seems as though all ties to Sirius in any form have been severed.

Quote from: samysam1313 on November 11, 2013, 01:38:48 PM
Hi everyone. I know this isn't the right thread, but I am posting this here because I know everyone will see it. I have an URGENT prayer request for my mom. She had a heart attack last night and please anyone who believes in God or Prayer to please pray for her to get well. Her name is Rachel and she is 85. Thank you. I won't be on for a while since I haven't slept in like 36 hrs. Will let you know how she is as soon as I can get back online. She seems stable for now but I am very worried since she had a heart attack about a year and a half ago as well.  :'(  Thank you.   :(

Sorry about your mom. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

Usagi

I've come to a startling conclusion:  This sucks.

And whatever it is that you think that I am referring to, I am.

cmotors

I contacted Sirius listener care and told them if they would get Art Bell back on the air, I will be a paid subscriber.

In that conversation he said that Mr. Bell's channel was one of the most popular ones.  That he looked for him to be back on Sirius soon.  That was from a representative in Listener Care at Sirius.

Sounds like a rep that would say anything just to get a sale.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Ravenna on November 11, 2013, 02:36:06 PM
Is this for real?!  There is hope then.  Either that, or that rep at Listener Care was just bs-ing you to try to keep you as a subscriber longer.

I think its more of the latter than the former. While Art was still on the air, I had a Sirius representative call me and practically BEG me to buy a car radio and when I demurred she left me a special number and sent an email ( which I still have ) to call them back and buy one. She spent about 20 minutes on the phone with me and I couldn't get her to stop trying to push the radio on me. I was so pissed about the problems I had trying to find out how much one cost during their $ 52 special, that I didn't even want to THINK about a car radio at that point.
Oh, it's half way through Monday. Any word from Sirius on AB while I was asleep ?

sherry440

I hope you're right  and he'll be back soon.

Interesting comment earlier about SXM suing Art for leaving. I would think that they certainly do have a case. Their damages would be for equipment & travel, labor to install, wasted advertising revenue, lost subscriptions, and the very murky area of "stigma" or bad-mouthing the parent company. Would they want to do this? It's anybody's guess, but they certainly could.

Quote from: Miranda on November 11, 2013, 02:43:11 PM
The message on Artbell.com has been changed to now read: We're hoping to get Art released from SiriusXM contract so he can come back on Internet LIVE Streaming. We already have the technology in place, just waiting for the lawyers.

It definitely seems as though all ties to Sirius in any form have been severed.

Well that's it.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Catsmile on November 11, 2013, 02:31:42 PM
I can count to potato ! :D

Anymore, I'm beginning to LOOK like a potato.

Jnthn932

Quote from: sherry440 on November 11, 2013, 02:46:38 PM
I hope you're right  and he'll be back soon.

Interesting comment earlier about SXM suing Art for leaving. I would think that they certainly do have a case. Their damages would be for equipment & travel, labor to install, wasted advertising revenue, lost subscriptions, and the very murky area of "stigma" or bad-mouthing the parent company. Would they want to do this? It's anybody's guess, but they certainly could.
I think they would pursue a lawsuit for the reasons you described. I've got a feeling this going to get worse than Art anticipated.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: canadiancommie on November 11, 2013, 01:53:53 PM

???

Should you not be posting this kind of stuff on a church/religion based forum?  I mean no disrespect, but I think you may not know where you are...

based on the 100 pounds of dried cat turds sprinkled throughout this thread, i hardly think her post marked the moment to start questioning posting habits.

Meanandnasty

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 11, 2013, 02:46:40 PM
Well that's it.

I take it that they want an answer and they are pissed because no one is responding.  It is a holiday! 

And, it is 1111 today, November 11, that should mean something in Mr. Nooryspeak.

Catsmile

Quote from: ItsOver on November 11, 2013, 01:06:46 PM
When I cancelled this morning, the lady acted like she'd never heard of Art Bell.  "Art who?"  Damn Jess.

Well to be fair people in the Philippines are not allowed to listen to SXM, nor can most of them afford it even if they wanted to. SXM is a USA, and Canada only service. ;)

BobGrau

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 11, 2013, 02:38:35 PM
Do they have an Australian version of Monopoly down there ?
They seem to have everything else including a John Wayne version which is damned expensive and which I never saw in any store.

"Get out of jail" doesn't really apply in the colonies  :D

Best wishes to everyone's moms.

If SiriusXM has decided to completely cut ties, who could blame them? Regardless of the streaming issues that some had and many more did not have, Art pretty much screwed them over. I hope they release him from his non-compete clause, but I don't see any reason why they would. Releasing him from the NCC would be a gesture of goodwill, and it doesn't seem like good will is exactly something that Art has engendered with SiriusXM. The situation is a complete cluster.

MV/Liberace!

the gabcast will be tomorrow at 7pm instead of today.  i have to watch my kid tonight, and unless you want to hear the laundry list of arabic childrens' songs playing in the background, it's best to wait.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAsynFsPzo4

whatatrip

I just cancelled my subscription to SiriusXM's. It only took 30 minutes and the call ended at 10am pst. The broken English person I spoke to read a prepared statement that AB had decided to end his show. The listener care person said nothing to me about Art being back on the air.

retired41

Thank you for your service Art .

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 11, 2013, 02:29:51 PM
"Hello, Skype caller from Australia..."
That Aussie again ...cut the string!

maren

Quote from: Jnthn932 on November 11, 2013, 02:51:12 PM
I think they would pursue a lawsuit for the reasons you described. I've got a feeling this going to get worse than Art anticipated.

Yeah -- Art's a nice guy, Big Corporations aren't.  I can easily see them suing for recompensation (spellcheck says that isn't a word) and keep him bound to his NC.  Just because they can.

Ravenna

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on November 11, 2013, 02:04:02 PM
I didn't realize that Clyde Lewis was ever even on Sirius. I've only heard him for fairly brief snippets in my automobile on the AM radio and really liked his style a great deal (the only other announcer I consistently enjoy anywhere as close to Art Bell would be George Knapp for whatever reason, although I'm not a George Noory hater he's just not as compelling to listen to for whatever reason).  Anyway, I've looked for Apps on my I-phone and even went to Clyde Lewis's website to look for some sort of "Insider club" that would let me get replays on my I-phone and found nothing.  Are you guys saying that he is on Sirius (with old shows available?) That might constitute a reason to keep my streaming membership on Sirius.  As to Art as I've said in other posts on this thread there are "options" ranging to fighting the non compete to going "off shore" and broadcasting over the Internet (or otherwise). Heck, he could even "hire" (I'm sure many talented up and comers would volunteer for the experience) substitute hosts so that he didn't have to do more than one or two shows per week (although again like a poster above said I wish he did the show every night!).  There is potential for at least a multi million (maybe eventually BILLION) dollar "paranormal, Science, Astronomy,Tech," type network which was merely or mostly "headlined" by Art Bell, his style, reputation, and quality control ethos.  I wasn't kidding when I said that for me his show brought as much satisfaction (and hence feeling(s) of loss) as Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, and Game of Thrones combined (anyone who watches or watched those shows may have perspective on what I'm getting at there).  So Art, do it for the love of radio, do it to earn millions (billions?) more, to find possible answers which may ease your soul as to the impending gallop of the Grim Reaper for whom you are often looking over your shoulder or even do it to help the forlorn victims of the Philippines (if you decide to donate a percentage of profits especially if you go with the approach of broadcasting from there), but for God's sake don't fade gently into the night.

I listen to Clyde Lewis nearly every night via the Tunein.com app.  If you put "Clyde Lewis Ground Zero" in their search engine, all the stations playing his show will pop up.  Pick out KXL out of Portland:  it seems to be one of the only stations that will play the whole five hours, starting at 7pm Pacific Time.

Also, if you go to his website, you can listen to his last show on Soundcloud, and you can also listen to older shows on iTunes:

http://www.groundzeromedia.org/listen-to-ground-zero/

And, yes, Clyde's show Ground Zero used to be on Sirius.  It was pulled off when all the other Clear Channel radio shows were pulled off Sirius.  I think Sirius and Clear Channel had some sort of issue, and decided to part ways.

maren

Quote from: MV on November 11, 2013, 03:03:18 PM
the gabcast will be tomorrow at 7pm instead of today.  i have to watch my kid tonight, and unless you want to hear the laundry list of arabic childrens' songs playing in the background, it's best to wait.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAsynFsPzo4

Arabic or acerbic?  So many of them are funny to adults, over the heads of kids. 

Coz

Quote from: MV on November 11, 2013, 02:24:24 PM
thank you for not flipping out over the coz memes and crying like a vag.  i found them hilarious, and you took it like a fuckin' man.

They were pretty hilarious!!

I laughed my ass off!!

Ravenna

Quote from: lpta08 on November 11, 2013, 02:41:04 PM
I'm starting to think some of the reps at sirius is just telling people whatever they want to hear.  Didn't someone just post that a rep called them and said Art would never ever be back on sirius?

Yes.  It's interesting to hear differing stories from differing reps.  If Sirius was a well run company, they would have ALL their reps saying exactly the same thing.  I still suspect they get a commission if they sign someone up or prevent someone from cancelling. 

dortmunder

Quote from: MV on November 11, 2013, 02:57:46 PM
aaaand... i'm caught up.

Jesus, really? And how drunk did you get in the process?

Catsmile

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 11, 2013, 01:39:18 PM
Did Clyde Lewis really quit? I can't find anything about that using Google.

Link pls?

Fur Crying out loud, this is why we can't have nice things! :D
Interweb rumors can get started so easily.
NO he didn't quit, it was just some SXM call center monkey fuck up.
They mixed up Art Bell Dark Matter, with Clyde Lewis Zero Ground.
That is all, thanks.  :-*

dan7800

Quote from: Ravenna on November 11, 2013, 03:12:34 PM
Yes.  It's interesting to hear differing stories from differing reps.  If Sirius was a well run company, they would have ALL their reps saying exactly the same thing.  I still suspect they get a commission if they sign someone up or prevent someone from cancelling.

Why? Art's programming comprised less than .3% of all the programming on Sirius and was only there for 6 weeks. You expect reps to really care about him?