• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

You broke my heart, Art.

Started by NefariousBanana, November 04, 2013, 10:46:44 PM

You raised my hopes (and thousands of others) and crushed them.  If the rumors are true, another 2 years without you are going to be hell.

Stop all the bickering and come to a resolution.  Otherwise, I won't be able to listen to your voice anymore without being enraged and saddened at the same, even on an old replay.

ItsOver

I fear the well has been poisoned for good, this time.  :(

Eddie Coyle

At the risk of being crude...

But he promised not to come in our...

Scope time.

ksm32

Another fucked up thread ???

Oh the drama :'(

Send in the clowns. :'(

area51drone

Screw yourself Nefarious.  You are being a dick to Art.  Is this how you treat your friends?  I love you, I hate you, I love you.   You people make me sick.  What did Art ever really do to you, take some time off?  He doesn't owe you jack.  You decided to subscribe to SXM when there were alternatives to listening to him.   You can still sell your radio and get a refund.   Give me a break and quit your whining, and give the man who has given you countless hours of entertainment the benefit of your doubt.

Luna

I created this petition to ask Sirius XM to allow Art to stream his show live. Can you please sign it and post it and help it gain signatures?
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Art-Bell/281763448476

onan

Quote from: area51drone on November 05, 2013, 12:50:32 AM
Screw yourself Nefarious.  You are being a dick to Art.  Is this how you treat your friends?  I love you, I hate you, I love you.   You people make me sick.  What did Art ever really do to you, take some time off?  He doesn't owe you jack.  You decided to subscribe to SXM when there were alternatives to listening to him.   You can still sell your radio and get a refund.   Give me a break and quit your whining, and give the man who has given you countless hours of entertainment the benefit of your doubt.

He convinced a lot of people to spend a good deal of money. Then before the radios have even been broken in, he quits. If you think that is what a friend does... well, that sucks for you.

area51drone

Quote from: onan on November 05, 2013, 03:48:27 AM
He convinced a lot of people to spend a good deal of money. Then before the radios have even been broken in, he quits. If you think that is what a friend does... well, that sucks for you.

He never said "go buy yourself a SXM radio" at least from what I heard.  The stream was always an option.   The free trial was always there.   No one had to pay for anything.   You can still sell your radio and cancel your subscription. 

Juan

Well, as someone who spent part of his life as a professional musician, I believe in paying for my entertainment.  I tried the free streaming subscription, then began to pay.  So (ha), I'm stuck for a while with SiriusXM, but no Art.  That annoys me.  But, I still have the Krishna Das channel.

onan

Quote from: area51drone on November 05, 2013, 04:33:05 AM
He never said "go buy yourself a SXM radio" at least from what I heard.  The stream was always an option.   The free trial was always there.   No one had to pay for anything.   You can still sell your radio and cancel your subscription.

Are you really that obtuse? To listen you had to subscribe (legally). Many wanted to have a radio. None of that would have happened if Art hadn't put up a website and teased the shit out of it. And yeah there was a free trial. One that only an imbecile would think it was meant to be abused.

Look it really is this simple. People had to spend their money to listen to Art. Art bailed.

area51drone

Quote from: onan on November 05, 2013, 05:03:11 AM
Are you really that obtuse? To listen you had to subscribe (legally). Many wanted to have a radio. None of that would have happened if Art hadn't put up a website and teased the shit out of it. And yeah there was a free trial. One that only an imbecile would think it was meant to be abused.

Look it really is this simple. People had to spend their money to listen to Art. Art bailed.

Man, I am shocked that even you are turning against him.  What's sad about all this is that with all of you supporters being negative, maybe Art will not want to come back in some way that would make you happy.

Cynnie

Quote from: ksm32 on November 05, 2013, 01:19:45 AM
Really?

MV!.. You can hold me to this BTW. I will donate $50. to this forum if you will put on the Janitor hat and sift through the garbage that has joined us in these last three months and clean Z house.

See , i dont really believe in censoring ..even on shitty facebook i let whoever say whatever , cause it doesnt matter.
Some asshats opinion is easily ignored , just ignore it and they will fade away

Quote from: area51drone on November 05, 2013, 04:33:05 AM
If he had finished out his contract and walked away, I would have had no problem with that. Its the abruptness in which he quit and the short time he spent on the radio that really is disappointing.

onan

Quote from: area51drone on November 05, 2013, 06:04:54 AM
Man, I am shocked that even you are turning against him.  What's sad about all this is that with all of you supporters being negative, maybe Art will not want to come back in some way that would make you happy.

I am not holding a pitch fork or a burning stake. I am however quite annoyed that a very intelligent man with decades of experience can go from flowing praise of SiriusXM to bailing on that same company within 6 weeks.

I am quite annoyed he spent a month teasing all his fans with one clue after another building to a cresendo of excitement only to be dashed in 6 weeks.

I have never mentioned his other "retirements". I was and am sympathetic to his back problems. But this just doesn't add up. I am not saying SiriusXM is without blame. But the one that decided to leave all the fans in the lurch was none other than Art.

Cynnie

Art could totally make this up to me with waffles ..loads of waffles , and bacon

area51drone

Quote from: Cynnie on November 05, 2013, 06:14:35 AM
Art could totally make this up to me with waffles ..loads of waffles , and bacon

How onan is feeling now...

Bread Heels and Bacon Grease

He has even taken his Facebook page down. I hardly think he gave it a good shot, quitting after a few weeks is a bit pathetic. I never had any problems with the Siriusxm player. Yesterday Art Bell, today Art Bellend.

toastycoasty

Quote from: Jesus Undercarriage on November 05, 2013, 06:59:17 AM
He has even taken his Facebook page down. I hardly think he gave it a good shot, quitting after a few weeks is a bit pathetic. I never had any problems with the Siriusxm player. Yesterday Art Bell, today Art Bellend.

BAM. You went there

I respect copyright laws and thus paid for a one year streaming subscription to Sirius.  I guess Art can PM and pay me for the subscription cost.

Nothing changed at Sirius thus he simply failed to do his diligence, and now his fans pay for his weird, odd inability to work with others.  Lets face it, the guy lives in a compound next to Area 51 in the middle of nowhere.  He somehow believes that walking away from a radio career because a couple of ham radio guys said he molested his kid (he didnt) and his company did not sue them.  He moves to the Phillipines and marries somehow he met a short time earlier and stays there until he can get her papers in order to bring her back.

Who would do this?  Wouldnt you try to talk any of your friends out of these actions?

Do this Sirius thing make sense in light of his prior actions? Sure.  But it aint normal.

Foodlion

Quote from: ksm32 on November 04, 2013, 11:08:04 PM
Another fucked up thread ???

Oh the drama :'(

Send in the clowns. :'(

;D THEY'RE HEEERRREEEEE!