20150925 - Open Lines - LIVE Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 25, 2015, 04:28:20 PM

TigerLily

Quote from: trostol on September 25, 2015, 11:12:03 PM

Deja vu all over again - Yogi Berra
Btw we saw "The Matrix" 7 times at midnight showings when it first came out

AppealPlay

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 25, 2015, 11:14:15 PM
That caller dropped the F-Bomb! >:(  And Art missed it. ???

Which caller?  I missed it!  I always miss the fun stuff like this and Wednesday's apocalypse.

Quote from: zeebo on September 25, 2015, 11:14:38 PM
This dude's getting college credit for paranormal radio.

yikes.  Maybe Noory was right about offereing college credit for listening to C2C.

trostol

ArJuna

Quote from: Spinner on September 25, 2015, 11:10:49 PM

It's not because of problems with the Pop-Up stream (it works great). But the DMDN stream will only stay active for 4 hours, and then stop. So if you want the stream to continue playing until the end of RCH's show (5 hours from the beginning of MITD), then it needs to be reloaded to "reset" the clock.

Running with VLC it will run until I choose to stop it.  Sometimes I record Richard as I sleep and when I wake up 8+ hours later it is still going.

ShayP

Dr. Who's The Silence.    Shadow Men???...nahh

Northcoaster

The callers aren't crazy tonight. They're just fucking stupid.

lonevoice

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 25, 2015, 11:08:48 PM
Thanks, man.  Brian May is one of my favorite guitarists,  He has such a unique style that you could spot a mile away.  Too bad things didn't work out with Paul Rodgers but you can't replace Freddie.
I love Brian May with the heat of a thousand suns.  My favorite astrophysicist rock god.  The remnants of Queen have done 2 world tours in the last two years with a new front man.  He's no Freddie Mercury, but certainly closer than Paul Rodgers was.  They're doing a South American tour now...just got done with Rock in Rio.  Check it out, you might like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G9hNQ8ea6U

AppealPlay

Quote from: Northcoaster on September 25, 2015, 11:16:51 PM

Shadow person hipster was great, dude.  Time traveler grandson was pretty solid, too.

trostol

heard this caller before..on...RCH's show i think

Weirdoradio

Quote from: Northcoaster on September 25, 2015, 11:16:51 PM

Oh I don't know.
Sometimes tales about meeting your parents in another time don't sound stupid.
They sound like the basis of a successful trilogy of family-friendly movies from the '80s and early '90s.

Northcoaster

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 25, 2015, 11:17:30 PM
Shadow person hipster was great, dude.  Time traveler grandson was pretty solid, too.

Ah, I tuned in late and missed those, dammit.

Quote from: Northcoaster on September 25, 2015, 11:15:25 PM
What the hell are the callers on tonight???

I don't know, but I'd like too try some.

Sidenote: JC needs to call in on the I'm Losing My Mind line if he's still alive. ::)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: lonevoice on September 25, 2015, 11:17:06 PM
I love Brian May with the heat of a thousand suns.  My favorite astrophysicist rock god.  The remnants of Queen have done 2 world tours in the last two years with a new front man.  He's no Freddie Mercury, but certainly closer than Paul Rodgers was.  They're doing a South American tour now...just got done with Rock in Rio.  Check it out, you might like it.

My god, look at the hair. Is that Hoagland's son?

AppealPlay

I'd say to let me off easy when I burn the rug.

Barfly

Quote from: ArJuna on September 25, 2015, 11:16:38 PM
Running with VLC it will run until I choose to stop it.  Sometimes I record Richard as I sleep and when I wake up 8+ hours later it is still going.
For windows users i recommend a program called Radio Sure, its lightweight and records fine as well

lonevoice

Quote from: WOTR on September 25, 2015, 11:10:46 PM
Tempting... Tempting... (I did not see the Biden picture.)

Davebot!  It's a Davebot!  Everybody pile on!  ;D
Hahaha. He actually had a meltdown over this picture...

nudaydawning

Quote from: trostol on September 25, 2015, 11:17:36 PM
heard this caller before..on...RCH's show i think

Thought I heard that story before. I thought I was going crazy for a second there. lol

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 25, 2015, 11:15:32 PM
Which caller?  I missed it!  I always miss the fun stuff like this and Wednesday's apocalypse.

He said "fricken", but yah, Art let it pass.

starrmtn001

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 25, 2015, 11:15:32 PM
The one that sounded like he was loaded.  He closed with something about, ". . . losing my f---ing mind."

norland2424

Quote from: Barfly on September 25, 2015, 11:18:59 PM
For windows users i recommend a program called Radio Sure, its lightweight and records fine as well

aimp works too, also has a built in recorder

Dr_Blue

Hello, I'm from Pahrump. Is this the "I lost my line, line?"

AppealPlay

Dan's vodka made for one of the most awkward interviews ever on O&A.  It was delicious.

Spinner

Quote from: TigerLily on September 25, 2015, 11:04:17 PM
Since I'm on a roll...I emailed Heather asking her if she could track down the Mt. Shasta guy and have him on
He's unavailable. He said he would stay there until the 28th.
Which is funny - I wonder if he got the memo that the date has been changed to the 28th. Come out of hiding thinking you made it and then, BOOM!

trostol

Quote from: lonevoice on September 25, 2015, 11:17:06 PM

best smash up was

https://youtu.be/mSKhIyQ5PpY