• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell quits Bellgab

Started by Art_s Farts, December 19, 2015, 07:11:36 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jackstar on December 22, 2015, 08:29:41 PM
Why can't more people choose an hiatus option?
Too hard to spell and it doesn't always translate well.

pate

I'm glad this thread isn't about me!

If it makes anyone feel better, I often don't understand my "mind altered" posts.

Thank MV for the ignore function, right?

I certainly hope Art didn't quit BellGab because of my drunken insanity.  Doubt it, but hey if he did the I'll take the bright side that I'm somehow an influential person.

I hope Art gets whatever is going on sorted out and comes back, both to this swirling cesspool of insanity known as BellGab and to the Airwaves/Intar-tubes.

That is all, carry on Art!

Value Of Pi

Quote from: rekcuf on December 21, 2015, 01:24:14 PM
Anyone whom allows internet posts to control their actions in life; are weak minded.

Exactly. If any of you wimpettes wants to control my actions or my life, you damn well better get some Chinese/North Koreans to kidnap and brainwash me. And if you can get Angela Lansbury in on the deal, so much the better. Never mind. Go watch "The Manchurian Candidate" or something.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 22, 2015, 08:55:27 PM
Exactly. If any of you wimpettes wants to control my actions or my life, you damn well better get some Chinese/North Koreans to kidnap and brainwash me. And if you can get Angela Lansbury in on the deal, so much the better. Never mind. Go watch "The Manchurian Candidate" or something.

That's how Sinatra would say it.

Barfly

Quote from: Night Train on December 22, 2015, 08:08:57 PM
Art's going to sue me? 

Because I don't believe there was any shooter, or any death threat?

That'll be the day. 

Because then he would have to prove that these things actually happened, instead of just claiming they happened.

He won't even file an official report about the telephoned death threat against his family. 

Some guy's shooting up your place on a regular basis, you get a call one night saying he's gonna slaughter your entire family, and you decline to file an official police report about the call?

Is there anything you won't believe?

If Art did approach any lawyer with his claims, and wanted to sue somebody for mocking those claims?  Any lawyer who, after hearing Art's tales and history, didn't sit him down and tell him "Look, you need to forget all about suing because your story is simply not credible" should be immediately disbarred.

Have another beer, Otis.
These are YOUR accusations sir
Dude, there was no stalker.  There were no death threats.  There were no gunshots.  And Premiere isn't in the business of hiring people to threaten their competition.  And in Art's case, even if they did operate that way, it wouldn't be necessary, as everyone knew that he wouldn't last six months without quitting.

Here's the most likely scenario:

His young wife told him he had to choose between the radio show, or her and their daughter.  He chose the latter.   She'd been telling him that for months, and he'd been promising to phase Heather Wade in, but never got around to it.  And that's why he started telling these tall tales a while back.  He knew the day was coming when he would once again be quitting and would need a story to generate sympathy, preferably one that he had been been spinning for a while.

Then, when when he picked up affiliates in LA and Dallas, his wife got panicky.  Against all odds, after nearly two decades of Art being the most notorious flake in radio, two of the biggest stations in two of America's biggest cities had picked up the show.  Art was talking about how this thing was gonna be huge, and he was gonna teach Noory a lesson.  She realized that if he didn't quit right now, it could be two or three months before he quit.  So she said it's now or never.  Choose tonight - your show or your family.  That's why it happened so abruptly, and just after signing up these two huge affiliates.

(*Also, those conferences where some of your friends have gotten "roughed up"?  Those aren't UFO conferences, no matter what your friends tell you. They're S&M conferences.)

I suggest you read the online defamation law
https://www.eff.org/issues/bloggers/legal/liability/defamation
It not only pertains to blogs but ANYTHING that is posted online.
Art wont sue you, you are a troll that has NOTHING, the intellect you show is in the posts everytime you hit the enter key.
But he can still prosecute, online accusations are out of hand , imagine someone posted on several forums YOU murdered someone, sure, you are not a public figure, but i assure you MANY have been prosecuted for false accusations, its a good law. We have at least one lawyer in here that i know of, maybe he can explain it to you.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Barfly on December 22, 2015, 09:17:56 PM
Dude, there was no stalker.  There were no death threats.  There were no gunshots.  And Premiere isn't in the business of hiring people to threaten their competition.  And in Art's case, even if they did operate that way, it wouldn't be necessary, as everyone knew that he wouldn't last six months without quitting.

His young wife told him he had to choose between the radio show, or her and their daughter.  He chose the latter.   She'd been telling him that for months, and he'd been promising to phase Heather Wade in, but never got around to it.  And that's why he started telling these tall tales a while back.  He knew the day was coming when he would once again be quitting and would need a story to generate sympathy, preferably one that he had been been spinning for a while.

Then, when when he picked up affiliates in LA and Dallas, his wife got panicky.  Against all odds, after nearly two decades of Art being the most notorious flake in radio, two of the biggest stations in two of America's biggest cities had picked up the show.  Art was talking about how this thing was gonna be huge, and he was gonna teach Noory a lesson.  She realized that if he didn't quit right now, it could be two or three months before he quit.  So she said it's now or never.  Choose tonight - your show or your family.  That's why it happened so abruptly, and just after signing up these two huge affiliates.

(*Also, those conferences where some of your friends have gotten "roughed up"?  Those aren't UFO conferences, no matter what your friends tell you. They're S&M conferences.)

Art wont sue you, you are a troll that has NOTHING, the intellect you show is in the posts you everytime you hit the enter key.
But he can still prosecute, online accusations are out of hand , imagine someone posted on several forums YOU murdered someone, sure, you are not a public figure, but i assure you MANY have been prosecuted for false accusations, its a good law. We have at least one lawyer in here that i know of, maybe he can explain it to you.

I would listen to the Barfly guy. He is naked and might show up at your place on his Harley.

Night Train

Quote from: Barfly on December 22, 2015, 09:17:56 PM

Art wont sue you, you are a troll that has NOTHING, the intellect you show is in the posts everytime you hit the enter key.

I just read the law at the link.  I have nothing to fear. 

And he won't sue me, but he will prosecute me?

How drunk are you? 

Prosecute me for saying it's ridiculous to think that a man who's being shot at and gets a call from a guy promising to slaughter his whole family wouldn't file an official police report?

Prosecute me?  He can't.  Only a prosecutor can do that.  And, maybe you haven't noticed, so let me point out something. Art Bell is the biggest claim to fame of Pahrump, Nevada.  He's the BMOC of that one horse town.  And the cops in Pahrump don't even believe his stories. 

They said there's no evidence to back up his claims and the investigation is closed.  That's polite cop talk for "Stalker?  Shootings?  Yeah, right, Art, whatever you say..."

zeebo

Quote from: CRM 114 on December 21, 2015, 05:13:59 PM
...The great tragedy is he was on the cusp of being a complete Auteur in his field of artistry. Historical, a role model for future entertainment of this type...something not seen since the days of Chaplin or perhaps Kubrick..Wagner.. an iconoclast that took on the system and created one of his own and beat the Man...to me that is the saddest result.

Yep.  The whole do-it-yourself approach was a big part of the buzz leading up to his return.  When he got back on-air it felt like he was enjoying the independent spirit as well.  And then, against all odds - it just started working.  The show was great, affiliates were interested, the fan base was growing - this thing really almost actually happened.   It would have been fun to follow where it went, and what paradigms shifted along the way.

Value Of Pi

Listen, everybody. Things are bad enough. Can we please not bring lawyers into it? We've been mostly spared that ordeal but the more people talk about it, the worse our luck will get. You know, there's an entire Circle of Hell devoted to those people, so don't play with fire.

Quote from: pate on December 22, 2015, 08:53:56 PM

If it makes anyone feel better, I often don't understand my "mind altered" posts.

Oh good! I thought it was just me!  :P

ItsOver

I certainly hope Art didn't quit BellGab because of my drunken insanity.  Doubt it, but hey if he did the I'll take the bright side that I'm somehow an influential person...

You may be on to something.  How about working your magic on this guy next.

Echo

Quote from: Night Train on December 22, 2015, 09:29:20 PM

How drunk are you? 

Prosecute me for saying it's ridiculous to think that a man who's being shot at and gets a call from a guy promising to slaughter his whole family wouldn't file an official police report?

Prosecute me?  He can't.  Only a prosecutor can do that.  And, maybe you haven't noticed, so let me point out something. Art Bell is the biggest claim to fame of Pahrump, Nevada.  He's the BMOC of that one horse town.  And the cops in Pahrump don't even believe his stories. 

They said there's no evidence to back up his claims and the investigation is closed.  That's polite cop talk for "Stalker?  Shootings?  Yeah, right, Art, whatever you say..."

Art story has lots of holes in it.   

Art told the local paper that his neighbor recorded someone shooting high-powered rifle. For some strange reason they didn't hand that over to police. Just like for some reason the death threats by a blocked number, art didn't file a police report on it or have them do a trace on the number. Someone should teach Art how to enable phone option to reject calls from private and anonymous numbers.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Echo on December 23, 2015, 01:44:16 AM

Art told the local paper that his neighbor recorded someone shooting high-powered rifle. For some strange reason they didn't hand that over to police. Just like for some reason the death threats by a blocked number, art didn't file a police report on it or have them do a trace on the number. Someone should teach Art how to enable phone option to reject calls from private and anonymous numbers.
art@artbell.com

paladin1991

Quote from: Jackstar on December 22, 2015, 08:09:15 PM
It was fine when I left it. What did you people allow to happen?

We just can't have nice things.

The Kraken

Quote from: Echo on December 23, 2015, 01:44:16 AM

Yeah someone posted this on Reddit:
QuoteAnd from what I had read it really does sound like the only proof is Arts' suspicions.

It's mentioned once that a neighbor recorded the sounds of gunshots. Yet the police don't have any evidence anything happened. And there were no shell casing found from a supposed high powered rifle Art mentioned.

It sounds like he got a threatening crank phone call... And other than that every time there's a bang in the area he thinks it's shots fired. The people who occasionally he sees tripping his auto sensor lights on his property at night by his own admission could just be people crossing over from the public land that his property borders on. Probably people or a person who is just messing around late and happen to go across his property to because it's near the road.

I mean, this will be he third time he's quit a radio job. And if you count how many times he quit C2C and returned it may then be five times. Someone will have to correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he quit Sirius primarily because of technical difficulties with the phone lines? They have several other radio personalities so the phone issue would have been resolved eventually. Sounds more like he lost his nerve to sit and do radio years ago and I rests up, gets the itch, and then can't handle the late hours (it can mess with your lifestyle sleeping all day and depress you) and the pressure to build up something from such a small beginning. He once had millions of listeners. Maybe he just didn't like what he got himself into anymore and fabricated the reasons. The police can't find any proof and seem to have officially closed the issue.

Claudius

Quote from: The Kraken on December 23, 2015, 04:55:55 PM
Yeah someone posted this on Reddit:
How dare you question our Lord and Master Art Bell!!!

Philosopher

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 22, 2015, 10:04:03 PM
#1 rule of Bellgab. Nobody can quit Bellgab.

It is patterned after the Scientologist's billion year contract. 

Q-Pi

Quote from: Philosopher on December 23, 2015, 05:12:01 PM
It is patterned after the Scientologist's billion year contract.

Except that CoS contracts with believers who actually pay to keep them solvent.

(eCigs, anyone?)

The Kraken

Quote from: Claudius on December 23, 2015, 05:06:37 PM
How dare you question our Lord and Master Art Bell!!!
Hey I didn't write it. I just read it and found it interesting. I don't necessarily agree but it makes you think.

Scorch

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 21, 2015, 11:01:41 AM
He'll be back, I mean how else can he quit again? Besides he already dangled the carrot hosting wise. So I say a month. After the holidays have come and gone he'll be back. Let's say 1-19-16. Just for fun.

+1

Love the the character he plays on the air, but he's nuttier than squirrel shit.

Soylentblue

Yeah, he quit Bellgab but guess what?

He just posted here on Christmas eve on another thread. As predicted. LOL

Art you have a history of quitting and then returning and are staying true to form.

How long are you staying for before you leave us again?

b_dubb

Hey have you guys heard Art Bell quit Coast To Coast AM?

wr250

Quote from: b_dubb on December 26, 2015, 01:48:44 PM

lolwut?

Corona Kitty

Quote from: b_dubb on December 26, 2015, 01:48:44 PM

You dont say sir

RussRamz

Quote from: ZomZom on December 21, 2015, 11:52:55 AM
Art's stated reason for leaving BellGab was because of "the awful things said about Heather and myself," which is a bit like leaving Nye County because it has brothels.

I wish Art would just push his tampon back in, join a gym, learn combat pistol shooting, make the tedious trek across the open desert to his beat laboratory (Step Brothers quote here) and get back to work.

Better yet, construct a tunnel (Stalag 13 style).  Quit jerking us around Art.  Man up!

FLLFlash

I certainly hope Art didn't quit BellGab because of my drunken insanity.  Doubt it, but hey if he did the I'll take the bright side that I'm somehow an influential person.

I hope Art gets whatever is going on sorted out and comes back, both to this swirling cesspool of insanity known as BellGab and to the Airwaves/Intar-tubes.

That is all, carry on Art!

If posting here saves you from drunk dialing I suppose it's worth it.

On second thought, you should try drunk dialing. Start with old girl friends and your current employer.

FLLFlash

Quote from: Night Train on December 22, 2015, 09:29:20 PM

How drunk are you? 

372 (and counting) posts in a week? You desperately need to seek a life, dude.