• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

coaster

I guess people are supposed to be impressed that someone has dedicated their life to playing make believe. Eh...different strokes for different folks.

Sounds a bit like LARPing, only more embarrassing.

trostol

hmmm..Joe Rogan tomorrow? not so sure about that show..never been a fan of his..even when he was on...News Radio was it...

Morgus

Schedule for Monday's guests now up at artbell.com:
08-16-2015 â€" Joe Rogan and David Sereda

aldousburbank

Rose Girl,

Some thoughts, with some background. Was going to PM this but...

I guess this is where stuff comes out. I don't discuss it outside the context of the thing itself but I feel a certain amount of camaraderie here, and that's a thing in itself.

By chance of birth, and by predilection via longtime association, I work/live/make ceremony with traditional healers, mystics. My favorite uncle on my dad's side kept a collection of crutches and canes in the office where he ran the family practice. Always a full waiting room to see him scheduled way in advance, his name is still known and respected in the home region. Brilliant man. In addition to running a chiropractic practice, he was a seer, dreamer, and dowser. His success rate at helping people was remarkable and reknown. In the 80's I was assigned a temporary pilot instructor who upon hearing my last name and asking if related told me, "Oh everybody knew not to drill well or strike mine claim unless the called your uncle first." Once while traveling was given the two nights free at a hotel when upon checkout the manager noticed my last name and he went on and on telling me stories of physical healings in his family from my uncle's treatments. He didn't mess around. He and my dad knew how to survive with matches, knives, and their rifles. They taught us how to survive in the mountains and desert, knowing our way, gutting and cleaning and hauling the game, making and breaking camp, how to be with water- the whole deal. Dudes didn't bullshit around. They treated us tough. He had several productive gold and silver claims and totally knew what the hell he was up to. He even told us when he was going to die, and he did. The reason I labored you with all this is just so you know, I came into this deeply biased by experience. I did not travel to Sedona to seek the shamen, I was born there, right next to it, literally. I was raised with Yaqui, Apache, Navajo, Cheyenne, Tohono O'odham, and Huichol elders, and still have daily contact, live-withs, as they are my family. I have been adopted by my now getting on in years Navajo mom and dad and they are really that for me. It is a fact that my dad is a fully practicing medicine man. Yes, and I assist him in whatever means he asks me to, and I have decades now, worked with him and many others like him and I have hundreds of songs and stories, teachings, that they blessed me with. Have I seen real healings, miracles and junk? Absolutely. Oral tradition, combined with experience. There is nothing you can read to make this stuff real, or legit. Only doing. And there are bad guys and women, quacks, dopes, charlatans, numbskulls, ethically challenged. I know some of these also. The proof is in the pudding. Just like "real" medicine doctors right?

I mean I tell you all this hokey woo woo stuff, out of context of the "ritual space" and/but/also many of my relatives are in allopathic medicine. I attended the "white coat" and graduation ceremonies of my niece as she educated her way to be one of the best damn pediatric cardio-surgeons in this great country. That's ceremony I believe in also. I use them both, these supposedly divergent medicine ways. They are not so to me. But there are also charlatans with medical degrees. I know several. Again, proof in the pudding.

So when my uncle passed away, as and when he predicted he would (totally unexpected aneurysm), his funeral services were attended by so many people from far flung places that the local Safeway store gave half of their parking lot for our overflow. That's the best kind of pudding, an awesome going away party with hundreds of souls in attendance whose lives were made better by your time on earth. That's real magic, I believe. I know.

And so I'm saying all this as preamble to justify saying, I don't really give a flying fuck what anybody else thinks, or thinks they think, or believe about shamanism, or allopathy, or spiritual "practice",  or the awesomness of Rush (the band heh) because I know what it has done, and continues to do, for myself and others. That is all. If you want to call that religion, something I rely on, ok I do. If you want to call it a spiritual belief, yeah fine. It's like my spiritual belief that when I get a tooth infection or some crap I need to take antibiotics too. Different ailments, differing treatments, but all the same thing to my simple way of thinking. There are different medicines for different conditions. I get that. If a person doesn't care, or wish to utilize, attempt, learn about, or otherwise "believe in" whichever fill-in-the-blank, well that is their deal and is of no loss or concern to me. I mean, I grew up in a time when being Mexican was looked on with suspicious motives, not to mention being a long-haired hippie freak weed smoking shaman's assistant and stuff. I frankly don't give a damn, not enough to abstain from or defend who and what is me.

Which is all only to say that it is my opinion that an apology for what you consider harsh or misinformed communications is not necessarily a helpful expectation on either party's part. It fixes or informs nothing and no one imho. It is what it is, we are who we are, and things are in constant flow and never stay the same. Relax with that and keep becoming who you are and what makes you whole and who you need to be my sister. It's all good by me. Same with the rest of you freakin weirdos.

Whatever. Carry on.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Skunk Ape on August 16, 2015, 06:37:51 PM
Isolation tanks and DMT will be brought up as well. As will pot.
Ho hum
Sounds like a typical morning around here.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: MV on May 29, 2015, 01:25:23 AM
He is so far above us.  We're like ropes on the Goodyear Blimp.

The Blimp, Frank! The Blimp!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sych8BReg6k

chefist

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 16, 2015, 08:46:59 PM
Rose Girl,

Some thoughts, with some background. Was going to PM this but.... It's all good by me. Same with the rest of you freakin weirdos.

Whatever. Carry on.

I like this, Aldous. Live and let live, let anything that may be negative pass through you, instead of trying to be a rock for it to bounce off of...

Lilith

Quote from: chefist on August 16, 2015, 08:54:32 PM
I like this, Aldous. Live and let live, let anything that may be negative pass through you, instead of trying to be a rock for it to bounce off of...

This.  Criticism does not mean hatred.  Disbelief does not mean disrespect.  If you speak your piece, expect others react to it from who they are. Let them. Listen to them, as you expect them to listen to you.   Everybody is a teacher, everybody is a student.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Morgus on August 16, 2015, 08:34:16 PM

Oh hell yes.

ART! WELCOME BACK, DAMMIT!

pyewacket

Quote from: Skunk Ape on August 16, 2015, 06:37:51 PM

Isolation tanks and DMT will be brought up as well. As will pot.

starrmtn001

Quote from: jazmunda on August 16, 2015, 01:51:08 PM
I missed BellGab! I almost don't recognize the place.
Welcome back Jazmunda. :D

Lilith

Quote from: jazmunda on August 16, 2015, 01:51:08 PM
I missed BellGab! I almost don't recognize the place.
"I almost don't recognize the place."   Is that a good thing or a bad thing?  :o

starrmtn001

Right on Aldous! ;)

RoseGirl

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 16, 2015, 08:46:59 PM
Rose Girl,

Some thoughts, with some background. Was going to PM this but...

I guess this is where stuff comes out. I don't discuss it outside the context of the thing itself but I feel a certain amount of camaraderie here, and that's a thing in itself.

By chance of birth, and by predilection via longtime association, I work/live/make ceremony with traditional healers, mystics. My favorite uncle on my dad's side kept a collection of crutches and canes in the office where he ran the family practice. Always a full waiting room to see him scheduled way in advance, his name is still known and respected in the home region. Brilliant man. In addition to running a chiropractic practice, he was a seer, dreamer, and dowser. His success rate at helping people was remarkable and reknown. In the 80's I was assigned a temporary pilot instructor who upon hearing my last name and asking if related told me, "Oh everybody knew not to drill well or strike mine claim unless the called your uncle first." Once while traveling was given the two nights free at a hotel when upon checkout the manager noticed my last name and he went on and on telling me stories of physical healings in his family from my uncle's treatments. He didn't mess around. He and my dad knew how to survive with matches, knives, and their rifles. They taught us how to survive in the mountains and desert, knowing our way, gutting and cleaning and hauling the game, making and breaking camp, how to be with water- the whole deal. Dudes didn't bullshit around. They treated us tough. He had several productive gold and silver claims and totally knew what the hell he was up to. He even told us when he was going to die, and he did. The reason I labored you with all this is just so you know, I came into this deeply biased by experience. I did not travel to Sedona to seek the shamen, I was born there, right next to it, literally. I was raised with Yaqui, Apache, Navajo, Cheyenne, Tohono O'odham, and Huichol elders, and still have daily contact, live-withs, as they are my family. I have been adopted by my now getting on in years Navajo mom and dad and they are really that for me. It is a fact that my dad is a fully practicing medicine man. Yes, and I assist him in whatever means he asks me to, and I have decades now, worked with him and many others like him and I have hundreds of songs and stories, teachings, that they blessed me with. Have I seen real healings, miracles and junk? Absolutely. Oral tradition, combined with experience. There is nothing you can read to make this stuff real, or legit. Only doing. And there are bad guys and women, quacks, dopes, charlatans, numbskulls, ethically challenged. I know some of these also. The proof is in the pudding. Just like "real" medicine doctors right?

I mean I tell you all this hokey woo woo stuff, out of context of the "ritual space" and/but/also many of my relatives are in allopathic medicine. I attended the "white coat" and graduation ceremonies of my niece as she educated her way to be one of the best damn pediatric cardio-surgeons in this great country. That's ceremony I believe in also. I use them both, these supposedly divergent medicine ways. They are not so to me. But there are also charlatans with medical degrees. I know several. Again, proof in the pudding.

So when my uncle passed away, as and when he predicted he would (totally unexpected aneurysm), his funeral services were attended by so many people from far flung places that the local Safeway store gave half of their parking lot for our overflow. That's the best kind of pudding, an awesome going away party with hundreds of souls in attendance whose lives were made better by your time on earth. That's real magic, I believe. I know.

And so I'm saying all this as preamble to justify saying, I don't really give a flying fuck what anybody else thinks, or thinks they think, or believe about shamanism, or allopathy, or spiritual "practice",  or the awesomness of Rush (the band heh) because I know what it has done, and continues to do, for myself and others. That is all. If you want to call that religion, something I rely on, ok I do. If you want to call it a spiritual belief, yeah fine. It's like my spiritual belief that when I get a tooth infection or some crap I need to take antibiotics too. Different ailments, differing treatments, but all the same thing to my simple way of thinking. There are different medicines for different conditions. I get that. If a person doesn't care, or wish to utilize, attempt, learn about, or otherwise "believe in" whichever fill-in-the-blank, well that is their deal and is of no loss or concern to me. I mean, I grew up in a time when being Mexican was looked on with suspicious motives, not to mention being a long-haired hippie freak weed smoking shaman's assistant and stuff. I frankly don't give a damn, not enough to abstain from or defend who and what is me.

Which is all only to say that it is my opinion that an apology for what you consider harsh or misinformed communications is not necessarily a helpful expectation on either party's part. It fixes or informs nothing and no one imho. It is what it is, we are who we are, and things are in constant flow and never stay the same. Relax with that and keep becoming who you are and what makes you whole and who you need to be my sister. It's all good by me. Same with the rest of you freakin weirdos.

Whatever. Carry on.

Thanks Aldous...yep, had a bad couple of days and just got a bit tired of being called 'a joke' and told my life had been a waste of time. I know exactly what you mean and completely agree. And I got all the right people on ignore now...so...lol...there's that.

Such a trickster, that ego, eh?

Bryan Alvarez live tonight on DMDN, 9pac 12eastern

OPEN LINES!!!!!

come join the fun

aldousburbank

Quote from: RoseGirl on August 16, 2015, 09:24:38 PM
yep, had a bad couple of days and just got a bit tired of being called 'a joke' and told my life had been a waste of time.
I tell myself this every day. Then I usually figure out I'm full of crap. It helps keep things real.

chefist

Thanks Aldous...yep, had a bad couple of days and just got a bit tired of being called 'a joke' and told my life had been a waste of time. I know exactly what you mean and completely agree. And I got all the right people on ignore now...so...lol...there's that.

Such a trickster, that ego, eh?

It manifests in intricate and cunning ways...one must always be on alert and be the watcher!

I've heard of but never listened to Joe Rogan, soo I've listened to around 10 minutes now on youtube and I'll be listening just to hear him try to observe Art Bell's rule #1. I like him so far, he's interesting, has a good voice and is a good interviewer. Monday's show's shaping up to be a good one.

coaster

And I got all the right people on ignore now...so...lol...there's that.

Crisis averted..

coaster

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on August 16, 2015, 09:38:42 PM
I've heard of but never listened to Joe Rogan, soo I've listened to around 10 minutes now on youtube and I'll be listening just to hear him try to observe Art Bell's rule #1. I like him so far, he's interesting, has a good voice and is a good interviewer. Monday's show's shaping up to be a good one.
Not sure if Art and Joe have talked previously, but if not, I think Art is really going to like him.

aldousburbank

I find Rogan to be a great conversationalist and fully entertaining if not informative.

Quote from: coaster on August 16, 2015, 09:41:45 PM
Not sure if Art and Joe have talked previously, but if not, I think Art is really going to like him.

I think so, too. Holy crap, coaster! A real conversation may take place! After 10 years of Crap 2 Crap, finally a real honest-to-God conversation with real words and thought and everything! Maybe Dave will listen in and take notes.

Nah

chefist

Quote from: coaster on August 16, 2015, 09:41:45 PM

I'm really looking forward to it...it's great Art is doing the cross promotional thing! I think (Redacted) is keeping things ship shape around there! :-)

coaster

It will be a great show. Joe is really bright and he talks about things that will be right up Art's alley. Fun indeed.

Faustina

Quote from: Morgus on August 16, 2015, 08:34:16 PM

Anybody know who David Sereda is?

deadmeow

I understand RoseGirl 100%, when things get too negative, I simply take a break.  I will not be bullied, and I will not become a bully.  I tend to stick mainly to the Art Bell thread, because this is usually the most positive thread on the forums.

The spiritual world is real, as everyone who has directly experienced it can attest to.  The physical world is just an extension of the spiritual world, made of more dense, heavier material. 

Likewise, we can say the spiritual world is somewhat physical in nature as it has substance, however it is a less dense, lighter material.  When I used to have OBE's often, I would note how I would float to the ground like a feather, and still had a small degree of weight in my non-physical body.

This is my opinion, just like everyone else has an opinion.  Everything is objective and subjective, and reality has infinite depth. 

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Faustina on August 16, 2015, 10:04:06 PM
Anybody know who David Sereda is?

The wild card in this upcoming interview for sure.

Quote from: deadmeow on August 16, 2015, 10:08:10 PM

The spiritual world is real, as everyone who has directly experienced it can attest to.  The physical world is just an extension of the spiritual world, made of more dense, heavier material. 

100% agree. A lifelong skeptic turned open minded because the spiritual world slapped me in the face and said "what's up?"

Don't expect most to understand, but those nodding reading this, I nod back to you.