• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Best Guest Ever..

Started by Chupacabra, September 08, 2010, 12:30:42 PM

Chupacabra

I was looking at the Worst Guest Ever post,so..... I though to myself, who was the Best Guest Ever.

I thought  Father Malachi Martin is pretty High on the list, if not the Top

MV/Liberace!

i've got to go with harlet the satanist.

b_dubb

Shermer  ???

idk ... there are so many shows that i haven't heard.  there was a good show about time travel on the AB 24/7 stream (brought to you by FLOMAX)

b

Quote from: MV on September 08, 2010, 01:56:13 PM

Totally agree with you there, that chick was completely legit. You hear a vast majority of phonies on C2C (even in the golden age) who are just looking to peddle something. However there was no doubt Harlet was completely legit and Art was at the top of his game interviewing her. Absolutely captivating show that I still think about from time to time.

There's been a ton of really good guests and really interesting shows. I guess I'll say former FBI agent and profiler Candice Delong since she's still fresh in my memory. Art had her on around the time of the DC Sniper attacks and Delong gave her profile of who she suspected the shooter(s) were and absolutely nailed them to a frightening degree. I definitely was paying attention when she was on.

John Lear is also a favorite of mine. I have no doubt that alot of what he's saying is bunk but he's captivating and he's not selling anything. His appearances are always great.

Dr. Tess Gerritsen is good too.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Chupacabra on September 10, 2010, 05:23:41 AM
Is that Harlot the Witch?
i believe that's how she's usually referenced, but she's actually a satanist.

Chupacabra

I dont think I ever listened to that one, Is it scary, does she speak with a creepy voice and say some crazy stuff, or is she all nice and professional?

Quote from: Chupacabra on September 10, 2010, 06:43:01 AM
I dont think I ever listened to that one, Is it scary, does she speak with a creepy voice and say some crazy stuff, or is she all nice and professional?

She sounds somewhat normal sprinkled with some serious mental illness/evil.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Chupacabra on September 10, 2010, 06:43:01 AM
she sounds quite sane and rational with the exception of the parts where she proclaims her intent to ensure that her son irrevocably follows her to hell upon death.  nice stuff.

ShelliesMom

Agreed.  Art handled that interview masterfully.   If he really did feel genuinely scared, he never gave any indication that he was .  He knew how to run a radio program expertly and with finesse and intelligence. I think that interview was replayed on "Somewhere in Time" a couple of months ago, but I can't recall the exact date.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ShelliesMom on September 23, 2010, 04:09:33 AM

Agreed.  Art handled that interview masterfully.   If he really did feel genuinely scared, he never gave any indication that he was .  He knew how to run a radio program expertly and with finesse and intelligence. I think that interview was replayed on "Somewhere in Time" a couple of months ago, but I can't recall the exact date.
i wonder what happened to that woman and her son for whom i really feel sorry.

Marc.Knight

Mr. Blues Brother

ok.  enough alex jones. 

EvB

I still like Barbara and Brenden the EVP people best.  Wish they'd come back but George would fuck it up - Ian is skeptical abut EVPs (not afterlife evidence in general - just EVPs - go figure) and somehow it does not strike me as a Knapp topic.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on September 29, 2010, 06:23:20 PM

I still like Barbara and Brenden the EVP people best.  Wish they'd come back but George would fuck it up - Ian is skeptical abut EVPs (not afterlife evidence in general - just EVPs - go figure) and somehow it does not strike me as a Knapp topic.
funny ian would be skeptical of evp.  it seems to me the only reliable, repeatable, documentable evidence for an afterlife.

EvB

Quote from: MV on September 29, 2010, 06:45:14 PM

funny ian would be skeptical of evp.  it seems to me the only reliable, repeatable, documentable evidence for an afterlife.

Yeah - all I know is that as of a year or so ago - he said he'd never heard any that were convincing.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on September 29, 2010, 06:50:39 PM
Quote from: MV on September 29, 2010, 06:45:14 PM

Yeah - all I know is that as of a year or so ago - he said he'd never heard any that were convincing.
jesus.  i don't know how he could say that and simultaneously call himself an observer of things c2c.

b_dubb

EVP's could be the result of random noise suddenly forming a pattern that sounds similar to a word and then the listener's brain takes it the rest of the way.  i will say that the EVP you(MV) posted was pretty compelling

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on September 30, 2010, 11:36:50 AM
EVP's could be the result of random noise suddenly forming a pattern that sounds similar to a word and then the listener's brain takes it the rest of the way.  i will say that the EVP you(MV) posted was pretty compelling

i'd say that of all the ghost "hunts" i've been on, 50% have yielded unexplained voices.  of those voices, 25% seem to be in context with what's happening or where we are.  so, that means about 13% of expeditions will yield voices that are in context and seem to be generated by some form of intelligence.  for me, that's just too high a rate of occurrence to attribute it to random noise forming patterns.  however, i'm no expert (nor is anyone else).  i guess anything is possible.  i just don't see it, though.

regarding my evp that i posted: i thought it was a solid one, but i've been absolutely shocked by what the GIS people have captured in the past.  the quality of their EVPs and the professionalism they display is second to none, in my opinion.  also, i like the fact that they don't claim to have answers.  they believe these are the spirits of humans who died, but beyond that, they don't get bogged down in the muck of inventing explanations like so many others do.  after all, this is a field in which, by definition, nobody could possibly claim to be an expert.

The General

The stuff they always get is SO much better than any other EVPs I've ever heard.  I don't know why.  I watch the ghost shows on cable now like Ghost Adventures, etc., and the EVPs they get are so weak.  Like a shoe squeaks and they think it's someone telling them to GET OUT.  Silly.  But the GIS guys, Barb and Brendan, the skeptic in me wants to think they are hoaxing, because their EVPs are so clear.  But I think it's real.  Or at least I really want to.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: general jamison johnson on September 30, 2010, 11:15:44 PM

The stuff they always get is SO much better than any other EVPs I've ever heard.  I don't know why.  I watch the ghost shows on cable now like Ghost Adventures, etc., and the EVPs they get are so weak.  Like a shoe squeaks and they think it's someone telling them to GET OUT.  Silly.  But the GIS guys, Barb and Brendan, the skeptic in me wants to think they are hoaxing, because their EVPs are so clear.  But I think it's real.  Or at least I really want to.
i would bet vital parts of my anatomy that the GIS people are legit.  i have no reason AT ALL to suspect otherwise.  and you are totally right about the EVPs played on the ghost adventures show.  they're usually just awful, and in my opinion, the EVPs offered on that show probably push the undecided toward the skeptic side of the matter.  it harms the public perception of this field of study.  i wish that show would just stop it.

ringthane

I'll second Malachi Martin -- those were some good shows. I can't imagine how ham-fisted they'd sound 10 years later with Noory at the helm.

There's not a specific guest, but a 'sub-genre' that Art had on somewhat frequently that's been co-opted by the generic lame-brainess of 2012 the last few years...

I can only describe it as 'future America'... one guest was Lori Toye (sp?) that had visions of USA post-earth changes and published her new map of America. One other guy, shit, what was his name... the guy from FLA. Gordon Michael Scallion. Kind of a 21st century Edgar Cayce that was having those near-future earth change visions. Supposedly those visions drain him and cause health issues, similar to Cayce.

There were also similar guests with a definite Catholic/book of revelations bent -- one was Kathleen Keating, she hasn't been on in a few years. She was a little out there (maybe even half-whacked), but her shows were enjoyable. I recall the last time she was on I think she rubbed Georgie the wrong way. She stated something with a very pro-Catholic stance, and George challenged her with his typical wishy-washy generic spirituality stance. He basically told her she was wrong, she stood her ground and she hasn't been on since. It's one of the few times George was very aggressive with a guest that I thought he was wrong, even if i agreed with him.

There's another guy that's a catholic priest, belongs to an order that has been excommunicated from the church by the vatican. Believe the guy received Marian visions. Was only on a few times but was a good guest.

Now that I think about it, there hasn't been any Christian/Fatima/Medjugorje/Lourdes shows on in quite some time. recently a guest mentioned St. John of Patmos and I think Snoory enthused "absolutely, there *are* no coincidences" or another similar inanity.

Ok, I'll quit blabbing after this one -- Peter Davenport. Kinda dry, but the guy always had interesting, honest-to-goodness UFO cases to present with well done eyewitness interviews. C2C needs him back, STAT. I'd take Peter any day over LMH.

EvB

QuoteI'll second Malachi Martin -- those were some good shows. I can't   imagine how ham-fisted they'd sound 10 years later with Noory at the   helm.

Martin always creeped me out - and I've never been able to put my finger on why.  Something in me was just revolted by him.

ringthane

Quote from: EvB on October 08, 2010, 08:22:23 PM
QuoteI'll second Malachi Martin -- those were some good shows. I can't imagine how ham-fisted they'd sound 10 years later with Noory at the helm.

Martin always creeped me out - and I've never been able to put my finger on why.  Something in me was just revolted by him.

That's awesome how we could detect completely different vibes from the guy. He always struck me as this harmless, avuncular brit that flirted with senility. And the little rattle of phlegm he sported was precious.

I kinda found it ridiculous that he was 'dangerous' to the satanic infiltrators in the vatican.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ringthane on October 09, 2010, 02:44:22 AM
Quote from: EvB on October 08, 2010, 08:22:23 PM
QuoteI'll second Malachi Martin -- those were some good shows. I can't imagine how ham-fisted they'd sound 10 years later with Noory at the helm.

That's awesome how we could detect completely different vibes from the guy. He always struck me as this harmless, avuncular brit that flirted with senility. And the little rattle of phlegm he sported was precious.

I kinda found it ridiculous that he was 'dangerous' to the satanic infiltrators in the vatican.
when fr. martin went on about how amazing remote viewing was, that's where i tuned out.

Father Martin was a great guest.  It's interesting that Catholicism contains an occult core which, even if they might like to downplay for modern compatibility, they cannot get rid of it.  The history of the church is replete with miracles, demonology, exorcisms, stigmata; paranormal events that I think one is obliged to believe in as a serious Catholic.

KMKMKM

I'll cosign with Malachi Martin, Harlot, and the EVP people(though I do sometimes get annoyed with how often Barbara McBeth argues about what she thinks is being said, etc.  Definitely not what you want to do on a radio show where you're trying to sell the credibility of what you're presenting).  But those shows I can listen to over and over and still find fascinating.

I know a lot of people dislike him, but I've always found the FULL shows with R. Gary Patterson to be interesting.  I didn't bother listening when he was talking about digital music last week, but I loved his shows with Ian about movie/music curses and deaths.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: KMKMKM on December 06, 2010, 06:15:44 AM
I'll cosign with Malachi Martin, Harlot, and the EVP people(though I do sometimes get annoyed with how often Barbara McBeth argues about what she thinks is being said, etc.  Definitely not what you want to do on a radio show where you're trying to sell the credibility of what you're presenting).  But those shows I can listen to over and over and still find fascinating.

I know a lot of people dislike him, but I've always found the FULL shows with R. Gary Patterson to be interesting.  I didn't bother listening when he was talking about digital music last week, but I loved his shows with Ian about movie/music curses and deaths.
i always thought it was fine if the GIS members disagreed about what was being said, because, after all, the EVP phenomenon is more about the fact that there's something being said at all than the specifics of what actually is being said.

i like r. gary patterson, too.

Renaldo

Quote from: EvB on October 08, 2010, 08:22:23 PMSomething in me was just revolted by him.

That would be the demon possessing you.  You're probably one of those that he said were 'perfectly possessed' and walking around all normal and everything.

I never believed his story for a second, but Jim Sparks was a great guest, I thought.  I think that's his name, anyways.  He's the guy who had complete memories of every time the aliens abducted him. He told an entertaining story and was, as Art would say, 'good radio'.