• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Ds9james

Hi art
I am from Ireland.what show is your guest slot on?

ItsOver

Quote from: bateman on June 18, 2015, 10:30:19 PM
Incorrect, I am posting from a FEMA camp.
Wow.  Kommandant MV has more authority than I thought.

cylon

Quote from: jazmunda on June 18, 2015, 05:52:49 PM
You can copy the link to the trailer and paste that in an email.

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjURLfKTwLc"

Click the symbol in the top right corner of the thumbnail of the video and share that address.

These is very beutiful. I so much like it. Thanking you.

I will subscrib so soon.

PathoJen

So we can begin promoting after July 4th, which is excellent, but I'm not even sure how to do this. Aside from my own personal social media accounts, which I've already shared all of Jaz's videos on. How will you guys promote???

cosmic hobo

Quote from: PathoJen on June 19, 2015, 08:42:27 AM
So we can begin promoting after July 4th, which is excellent, but I'm not even sure how to do this. Aside from my own personal social media accounts, which I've already shared all of Jaz's videos on. How will you guys promote???

Great question. I know that Art wants us to promote the hell out of the show and I will do that but I only have a dozen or so followers on Twitter and few hundred "friends" on Facebook who I can almost say for certain that 90% would have no interest based on the inane things they post.

I guess what we need to do is post these videos and any artwork created with all the relevant info on any paranormal themed websites to raise awareness. It can't hurt to put the information out there on other forums that you belong to. If it nets a few and then they net a few and so on and so forth.

I think we need to use all these trailers and repost them again when the blitz happens. Someone should put together a strategy so we're all on the same page.

cosmic hobo

I will also add that Art needs to lead this charge. I get the impression, and I may be wrong, that he wants us to do the leg work. Don't get me wrong I and I'm sure many other will be more than happy to pitch in but Art has the followers. On Facebook alone he has 5,000 friends and over 21,000 followers. That's huge!!!

On Blitz Day I think Art needs to post these videos again, possibly 1 daily to maximize the amount of people that see them. He should post them and solicit everyone of his friends and followers to share them with their friends and followers.

That is the best way for this to spread and go semi-viral.

If Art just posts one message for everyone to share that post will soon fall down peoples timelines and get lost amongst the clutter.

He needs to keep posting messages on Facebook and Twitter for his followers to share. Post message, the videos and trailers and any artwork created.

No Quarter

Quote from: Jamal Abanane on June 19, 2015, 07:58:54 AM
Is there a web page up yet where I can pay for my MITD subscription ahead of time, i heard some talk on GabCast and in Keith's lil informative blurb on how the whole thing works (thanks Keith & the other guy ... sorry missed the name ... nonetheless TY too)... there was mention of a site...i think the url was read aloud...that baby up yet?

=]

Inquiring Minds Wanna Know

=]

AFAIK, the subscription part for MiTD is not yet up.
However, you can contribute to Art's cause here:  https://www.patreon.com/darkmatterdigitalnetwork?ty=h

Hope that helps. Contribute often :)

ItsOver

Quote from: PathoJen on June 19, 2015, 08:42:27 AM
I'll post Jaz's and SR's videos on other forums.  I may even join some new ones I think may be interested in Art, to do so.  Maybe send to some local media, if I don't think they're completely asleep at the wheel.

jazmunda

Just a bit of trivia for those playing at home. It seems that the phrase "Things that go Pahrump in the Night" was coined by Linda in New Orleans on the 1994 Ghost to Ghost show.

No Quarter

Quote from: jazmunda on June 19, 2015, 09:16:41 AM
Just a bit of trivia for those playing at home. It seems that the phrase "Things that go Pahrump in the Night" was coined by Linda in New Orleans on the 1994 Ghost to Ghost show.

ding ding ding ding!  I got that one right!

I will take my free drink now, please

shamrock

Quote from: jazmunda on June 19, 2015, 12:58:56 AM
How long until that happens?
When you realize that the best gift you can buy them for graduation is luggage.  BTW, loved your trailer.

SciFiAuthor

I have absolutely no idea how radio is set up in the UK, but do you have privately owned radio broadcast stations that you can suggest new content to? You'd never get the BBC to do it, but if there are privately owned small stations then one of them might take a risk on an American program given Art's popularity in the US and Canada.

PathoJen

Just saying a word or two, to keep this thread at the top of the threads as it's been taken over by Falkie and Trump.  :-[

SredniVashtar

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 19, 2015, 10:40:40 AM
I have absolutely no idea how radio is set up in the UK, but do you have privately owned radio broadcast stations that you can suggest new content to? You'd never get the BBC to do it, but if there are privately owned small stations then one of them might take a risk on an American program given Art's popularity in the US and Canada.

Not really. We don't have anything like syndication and affiliates, so a promising host couldn't build from something small and work his way up as Art did so successfully. It is no exaggeration to say that The BBC has a near monopoly when it comes to radio, especially American-style talk radio, of which barely anything even remotely comparable exists. You can get small low-wattage stations on the coast, say, but they will only play music. I can't see a place for Art in the UK anywhere, sadly. Also, Brits are very conservative about things like radio, and however good Art was they would find something to whine about because it wasn't home-grown content.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 19, 2015, 01:43:06 PM
Not really. We don't have anything like syndication and affiliates, so a promising host couldn't build from something small and work his way up as Art did so successfully. It is no exaggeration to say that The BBC has a near monopoly when it comes to radio, especially American-style talk radio, of which barely anything even remotely comparable exists. You can get small low-wattage stations on the coast, say, but they will only play music. I can't see a place for Art in the UK anywhere, sadly. Also, Brits are very conservative about things like radio, and however good Art was they would find something to whine about because it wasn't home-grown content.

Very unfortunate, and as I recall the BBC is publically funded. But at least you have easy access to Art through the internet these days.

Quote from: PathoJen on June 19, 2015, 01:27:55 PM
Just saying a word or two, to keep this thread at the top of the threads as it's been taken over by Falkie and Trump.  :-[

Don't mind Falkie, but Trump?

Bumping Thread.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 19, 2015, 02:19:24 PM
Very unfortunate, and as I recall the BBC is publically funded. But at least you have easy access to Art through the internet these days.

Yes, through the good old licence fee. Which means you have to pay (just short of 250 bucks a year would be the equivalent) just for owning a TV, whether you watch the BBC or not. I don't have a TV and they make me sign a 'declaration' every couple of years just to affirm that I don't have one, and then they warn me that they might sent an inspector round to make sure I am not a filthy liar.

ItsOver

Quote from: PathoJen on June 19, 2015, 01:27:55 PM
Good.  I am completely puzzed by the fascination with the Falkie thread.  Then again, I don't get the fascination the masses have with most anything these days.  It seems the crasser the better.  Pitiful.

Quote from: NW Kro͞oˈsādər on June 19, 2015, 02:28:18 PM
Don't mind Falkie, but Trump?
Bumping Thread.
Using hyper-dimensional physics, if enough positive intent in a mass conciseness exercise, both will be foisted to an orbit at 19.5° elevation to the horizon and an azimuth of choosing, where they will be out of the connectivity for internet and wireless services.

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on June 19, 2015, 02:34:01 PM
Using hyper-dimensional physics, if enough positive intent in a mass conciseness exercise, both will be foisted to an orbit at 19.5° elevation to the horizon and an azimuth of choosing, where they will be out of the connectivity for internet and wireless services.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: ItsOver on June 19, 2015, 02:33:23 PM
Good.  I am completely puzzed by the fascination with the Falkie thread.  Then again, I don't get the fascination the masses have with most anything these days.  It seems the crasser the better.  Pitiful.
O tempora o mores!

maureen

As I watched the 24-hour dive to the Tempus Fugit hydrothermal vents off the Galápagos Islands, I thought, "This is SUCH an Art topic... exploring the unknown."

nautiluslive.org

PathoJen

Quote from: maureen on June 19, 2015, 02:49:19 PM
As I watched the 24-hour dive to the Tempus Fugit hydrothermal vents off the Galápagos Islands, I thought, "This is SUCH an Art topic... exploring the unknown."

nautiluslive.org
YES!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 19, 2015, 02:31:18 PM
Yes, through the good old licence fee. Which means you have to pay (just short of 250 bucks a year would be the equivalent) just for owning a TV, whether you watch the BBC or not. I don't have a TV and they make me sign a 'declaration' every couple of years just to affirm that I don't have one, and then they warn me that they might sent an inspector round to make sure I am not a filthy liar.

Insanity in the modern age. I'd go without a TV as well under those circumstances. Funny  considering that BBC World Service is free and BBC America is usually a bundled channel in the US. i.e. almost costless.

SciFiAuthor

I agree. I'd sooner gouge my own eyes out with a melon baller than engage in the Falkie thread.

ShayP

Thank you for this.

BobGrau

Quote from: maureen on June 19, 2015, 02:49:19 PM

nautiluslive.org

Second that. Unusual doesn't have to mean Unlikely.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 19, 2015, 02:57:23 PM
I agree. I'd sooner gouge my own eyes out with a melon baller than engage in the Falkie thread.

Hater

Will our American military people--world wide--have access to Art's show?  I think they would be a pretty large potential audience.

"Midnight in the Desert Storm".