• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Tech Dead Zone

Started by Jojo, July 29, 2019, 06:17:00 PM

Jojo

What can I do when Verizon mobile net has no "bars" and won't work in a dead zone, even with roaming on?  It lets me get search results once or twice and then conks out.

Only one wifi is available and I have no access to the password.  Anyway around that?  I would even consider purchasing a data card or something (cheap) but nothing seems to work.  Most of the time.  Other times, it works just fine.

Also, I need to clear space on my Tracfone $40 smart phone, but I don't see any option to dump data out, except by selecting multiple pieces manually...  I can delete images, but I'm not sure I can delete cookies and history...  Any tips?

We all use the Internet, we all use our gadget.  But not everyone has the time to become a techie.  I've taken classes; I do try. 

Asuka Langley

I live in a dead zone there is no cell service for miles so i use mai Baofeng to contact other Baofengs #BaofengNigga

Jojo

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on July 29, 2019, 06:37:49 PM
I live in a dead zone there is no cell service for miles so i use mai Baofeng to contact other Baofengs #BaofengNigga

Is any sentence with the N word in it worth my time?  I mean, if you are out as an African American, then more power to you in your word reclamation.  But if you are not African American then this is really awful, dear.

Jojo

A text confirmation code can come and go all the way around the world... ten times in the time it takes Windows 10 to load a tab.  Cache and cookies dumped today, C drive cleaned yesterday.

Lilith

Quote from: Sixteen on July 29, 2019, 06:17:00 PM
What can I do when Verizon mobile net has no "bars" and won't work in a dead zone, even with roaming on?  It lets me get search results once or twice and then conks out.

Only one wifi is available and I have no access to the password.  Anyway around that?  I would even consider purchasing a data card or something (cheap) but nothing seems to work.  Most of the time.  Other times, it works just fine.

Also, I need to clear space on my Tracfone $40 smart phone, but I don't see any option to dump data out, except by selecting multiple pieces manually...  I can delete images, but I'm not sure I can delete cookies and history...  Any tips?

We all use the Internet, we all use our gadget.  But not everyone has the time to become a techie.  I've taken classes; I do try.

Clear your cache instructions for your tracfone here:

https://support.tracfone.com/faqs/1651176?device=24832

All other questions:  No.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Sixteen on July 29, 2019, 10:01:10 PM
Is any sentence with the N word in it worth my time?  I mean, if you are out as an African American, then more power to you in your word reclamation.  But if you are not African American then this is really awful, dear.

It’s the internet. How could you know?! Therefore, everyone on the intenet is allowed to use the word nigger without offence.

scottydawg

For some of the Tracfones that can get wifi usually will have a slot behind the battery has a MicroSD card. That's how I download C2C and the Bob & Tom show on my phone. If your near a Big lots or even a Family Dollar will have 16GB MicroSD card. You can download Mp3 files, 3GPP video files. I have a couple of old Sanyo Incognito clamshell phones. The nice thing there is a full backlit keyboard that you can use to rename files, and decent sized screen in full color. I use my SD/MicroSD adapter to download from my PC onto the micro card.
Some Tracfones can even plug into a computer to load files directly.
And use Xnview software to shrink down pic files to fit the screen. And Baofeng Radios are handy for first responders and special events. Plus the built in FM radio with digital display.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Sixteen on July 29, 2019, 10:01:10 PM

Nigga is not the N word tho Nigger is, Nigga.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 30, 2019, 04:22:26 PM
It’s the internet. How could you know?! Therefore, everyone on the intenet is allowed to use the word nigger without offence.
Allowed, of course.  Just like people are "allowed" to pick their noses in public.  Well, you did have that African American avatar for a while.  But still, the word is gross.
Quote from: scottydawg on July 30, 2019, 05:57:04 PM
For some of the Tracfones that can get wifi usually will have a slot behind the battery has a MicroSD card. That's how I download C2C and the Bob & Tom show on my phone. If your near a Big lots or even a Family Dollar will have 16GB MicroSD card. You can download Mp3 files, 3GPP video files. I have a couple of old Sanyo Incognito clamshell phones. The nice thing there is a full backlit keyboard that you can use to rename files, and decent sized screen in full color. I use my SD/MicroSD adapter to download from my PC onto the micro card.
And use Xnview software to shrink down pic files to fit the screen. And Baofeng Radios are handy for first responders and special events. Plus the built in FM radio with digital display.
Well thanks.  I've kind of gone the way of radio when I'm out there.  The thing is, if radio can transmit then the engineers should just route mobile net through radio in "holes".

Quote from: brig on July 30, 2019, 01:18:15 AM
Clear your cache instructions for your tracfone here:

https://support.tracfone.com/faqs/1651176?device=24832

All other questions:  No.
I'll try it.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Tangerine on August 17, 2019, 04:21:13 PM
Allowed, of course.  Just like people are "allowed" to pick their noses in public.  Well, you did have that African American avatar for a while.  But still, the word is gross.Well thanks.  I've kind of gone the way of radio when I'm out there.  The thing is, if radio can transmit then the engineers should just route mobile net through radio in "holes".
I'll try it.

Sigh. I keep trying to tell you that Adam Arkin isn’t black but it never seems to take. ::)

WOTR

Quote from: Tangerine on August 17, 2019, 04:21:13 PM
Allowed, of course.  Just like people are "allowed" to pick their noses in public.  Well, you did have that African American avatar for a while.
Were you around when KOK used to sing negro spirituals for us?

Jojo

Quote from: scottydawg on July 30, 2019, 05:57:04 PM
Very interesting.

Jojo

Quote from: WOTR on August 17, 2019, 11:58:29 PM
Were you around when KOK used to sing negro spirituals for us?
I don't think so.
Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 17, 2019, 04:23:01 PM
Sigh. I keep trying to tell you that Adam Arkin isn’t black but it never seems to take. ::)
Oh yeah.  Oops.  Must have been the light.  Or the knit hat in the city...  It was a good photo.

chefist

Ha..."tangerine"...which old BG'er are you?  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Tangerine on August 18, 2019, 01:44:30 AM
I don't think so.Oh yeah.  Oops.  Must have been the light.  Or the knit hat in the city...  It was a good photo.

So, if you wear a knit hat in the city you must be black?! ??? ::)

The show took place in backwoods Alaska. Most wore hats when it was cold but Adam never took his off. Search out an episode or two. You might enjoy it. ;)

Jojo

Quote from: Liberace! on August 19, 2019, 10:08:25 AM
Jojo
I prefer to be remembered as 14, lol.

Chefist, I'm the one that asked you if you think it's okay to cook thin chicken breasts without thawing them.  I know most food is defrosted before cooking, but would you make an exception for chicken tenders?

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 18, 2019, 04:27:20 PM
So, if you wear a knit hat in the city you must be black?! ??? ::)

The show took place in backwoods Alaska. Most wore hats when it was cold but Adam never took his off. Search out an episode or two. You might enjoy it. ;)
If you wear a knit hat in the city, you are African American.  If you wear a knit hat in the county, you are white.  That's just my experience.

Jojo

Quote from:  link=topic=12804.msg1318960#msg1348879 date=1566230935
.--- --- .--- ---

.--- ..- ... - / .- / --. . -. . .-. .- .-.. / -.-. --- -- -- . -. - / # / -.-- --- ..- / .... .- ...- . / -. --- / .. -.. . .- / .-- .... .- - / .. - .----. ... / .-.. .. -.- . / .- ... / .- / - .. .-.-.- / .. ... / .. - / - --- --- / -- ..- -.-. .... / - --- / .... --- .--. . / ..-. --- .-. / -.- .. -.. / --. .-.. --- ...- . ... ..--..
You morphed into Dr. MD MD, while on the other hand wondering why there are "haters" out there.  What do you think about people outing MV, etc?  Am I the only one who ever has now had to "ignore" you for a few days to calm down? Outing was your perogative, perhaps your duty to see this through, but you could have at least waited to see how things played out first, since a response from you might not have been necessary.  What had I done to you?  For example, I'm sorry if you wear a knit hat in the city - I take the comment back.  Geez, touchy?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Tangerine on August 23, 2019, 11:38:20 AM
You morphed into Dr. MD MD, while on the other hand wondering why there are "haters" out there.  What do you think about people outing MV, etc?  Am I the only one who ever has now had to "ignore" you for a few days to calm down? Outing was your perogative, perhaps your duty to see this through, but you could have at least waited to see how things played out first, since a response from you might not have been necessary.  What had I done to you?  For example, I'm sorry if you wear a knit hat in the city - I take the comment back.  Geez, touchy?

Who are you replying to?