• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 13, 2015, 07:18:36 AM

Understanding? Jesus Christ! Get a fucking grip. If and when you're all grown up one day, you'll be faced with things that really matter and will severly rock your world and ruin your day; things that right now you can't even begin to imagine possible in the dregs of the graph that has 'Utopia' at the top and 'How do I face this day?' at the bottom.

It's a radio show, it's over. The sun will rise tomorrow and children will still accidentally play with landmines and be killed or disfigured. Get some perspective.

I'm not even mad Art quit, lol. Check my post history, I think it was a great run. I don't need to hear him do a show again, but I'd like to see Redacted make this her own thing and do it well. How's that for perspective?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: malachi.martini on December 13, 2015, 07:26:52 AM
I'm not even mad Art quit, lol. Check my post history, I think it was a great run. I don't need to hear him do a show again, but I'd like to see Redacted make this her own thing and do it well. How's that for perspective?

See, wasn't difficult was it?

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 13, 2015, 07:28:05 AM
See, wasn't difficult was it?

Took some time to work around your reflex whiteknighting, but we got there.

Cheers.

Who

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 13, 2015, 07:18:34 AM
He doesn't want to do the show any more. That's pretty plain.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 13, 2015, 07:18:36 AM
It's a radio show, it's over. The sun will rise tomorrow and children will still accidentally play with landmines and be killed or disfigured. Get some perspective.

sorefinger

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 13, 2015, 07:23:22 AM
Good god, what utter balls! The typical caller is a halfwit shut-in who'd struggle to put his trousers on without assistance. You sound like one of them. The caller portion of the show is just something they do to appease the audience, and it is almost always awful. It disrupts the flow of the show and reveals nothing of interest. I don't want to hear some witless hayseed tells us about what his gramma saw one night while taking a shit, thanks all the same!

It takes a half-wit to know one.

DanTSX

Quote from: SaucyRossy on December 13, 2015, 05:29:13 AM
Live content always trumps replays, she will get a fair amount of stations giving her a shot.

unlikely

the ones that will continue to run MITD will do so until they figure out that Art is actually gone.

not a comment about redacted.  just a fact.

Claudius

If any of you are not currently aware of the situation here it is.

According to Keith he is obligated to keep the show going for 30 days, at that time he will take a look at the finances and go from there. RCH may or may not be gone, all other shows are not viable, they are gone now. The new show will be from 6PST-9PST, and stations can either play that or repeats, or as Keith does not say, just dump it altogether. In Keith's post it really seemed like the whole network cannot survive.

http://artbell.com/the-future-of-midnight-in-the-desert-and-dark-matter-radio-network/

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: sorefinger on December 13, 2015, 07:31:28 AM

Oh dear..this won't end well. Oh well, tally ho.

bellNwhistle

Heather, I listened to the very first show with you and Art (first MITD), and wasn't too keen on him sharing..  I'm sure you can understand.  No offense meant at all.  Last night I listened to you taking over from Art, and I think that once you get into the groove, you'll do well. (You didn't do bad, but you'll do better. Does that make sense?  Plus your guest was kind of out there).   I did feel like Art was taking over for a minute (though you were quite gracious about it, as to be expected)..  I'm sure it's hard for him to accept that he really should just stop. He's said he's done, so he needs to be done.  He told you that he wasn't on his regular equipment, but that he "could be".  I love listening to Art as much as the next guy or gal, but I'm not sure he's doing himself (or you) any favors.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Claudius on December 13, 2015, 07:38:39 AM
If any of you are not currently aware of the situation here it is.

According to Keith he is obligated to keep the show going for 30 days, at that time he will take a look at the finances and go from there. RCH may or may not be gone, all other shows are not viable, they are gone now. The new show will be from 6PST-9PST, and stations can either play that or repeats, or as Keith does not say, just dump it altogether. In Keith's post it really seemed like the whole network cannot survive.

http://artbell.com/the-future-of-midnight-in-the-desert-and-dark-matter-radio-network/

This whole thing makes me sick... for all of those whose livelihood seem to rest on the success of Art Bell.  That's not meant to be a smack-down on Art, but this could be such a great network, and now it's folding in on itself. Such a shame.  :'(

Claudius

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 13, 2015, 07:41:07 AM
This whole thing makes me sick... for all of those whose livelihood seem to rest on the success of Art Bell.  That's not meant to be a smack-down on Art, but this could be such a great network, and now it's folding in on itself. Such a shame.  :'(
If I've learned one fact about Art Bell it's to never be financially invested in him.

I just read Keith's comments from two pages ago. From a business perspective, Art really fucked everyone hardcore. This is embarrassing. Leaving affiliates, sponsors and especially Keith high and dry while setting everyone who believed in him and helped him on collision course into the side of a mountain is pretty fucked.

bellNwhistle

I don't see how Art can ever make it right again.  I'm not saying he should come back, but if he were to try, he has to know that he's pretty much on his own.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 13, 2015, 07:45:46 AM
I don't see how Art can ever make it right again.  I'm not saying he should come back, but if he were to try, he has to know that he's pretty much on his own.

Who could possible none compete with him?

::)

SredniVashtar

Quote from: sorefinger on December 13, 2015, 07:31:28 AM

It's that kind of sparkling repartee that makes you such a hit at the senior citizens ice- cream social, no doubt. What do you want for Xmas? Volume Two of 'Boring Shit That Only Confirmed Knobheads Say'? Still, I am glad that you have spared us the time. I am sure jerking off in your own shit leaves you precious spare leisure to bless us with your wisdom.

wr250

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 12, 2015, 08:50:18 PM
What a weird week. I wonder if bacon is still awesome. I'm going to check.
as long as its made from a pig, yes it is still awesome.

onan

Quote from: wr250 on December 13, 2015, 08:15:15 AM
as long as its made from a pig, yes it is still awesome.

I had turkey bacon today. I had a sad moment.

BellBoy

Quote from: coaster on December 13, 2015, 05:11:47 AM
Keith lost the one show that made the network run. This will be futile.

They should rename the show, "Whistling Past the Graveyard".

It would be better to put a fork in it. It was always about Art's unique talent and this time... it didn't work out.

Gruntled

After my initial displeasure about Art being all done, my other thought was, "what about this forum"?
I take a lot of enjoyment reading these pages. Sometimes the comments made by you people are more entertaining than the shows. Really. I have literally laughed out loud, often. Been in awe over some of the comments from the resident wordsmiths and been amazed by the variety of opinions voiced on the topics.
   Work required me to listen the day after the previous nights show. I perused the live comment thread every morning to get an idea of what to expect. 
Whoa!! ;D
Been listening to Art since the beginning, my son is a fan too. The other day my grandson told me he listed to AB the other night.
[Paxon show] That's three generations of Art Bell listeners.
Anyway I'm pretty disapointed that Arts finished but hope these forums continue.
You people are great.

ps A radio show with all you chatting live, in your own voices uncensored would be a hoot!
Just have HW or whoever pick a topic and let rip.

Who

Quote from: BellBoy on December 13, 2015, 08:31:26 AM
They should rename the show, "Whistling Past the Graveyard".

It would be better to put a fork in it. It was always about Art's unique talent and this time... it didn't work out.

Or "Rearranging the Deck Chairs on the Titanic."  MITD will founder, 'tis a mathematical certainty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1EM8s0gxyI

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 13, 2015, 08:08:53 AM
It's that kind of sparkling repartee that makes you such a hit at the senior citizens ice- cream social, no doubt. What do you want for Xmas? Volume Two of 'Boring Shit That Only Confirmed Knobheads Say'? Still, I am glad that you have spared us the time. I am sure jerking off in your own shit leaves you precious spare leisure to bless us with your wisdom.

I did tell him Quentin. And you didn't disappoint. Praise be to SV. His tribe can't increase because of his 'trouble', but the willing is there.

Quote from: Gruntled on December 13, 2015, 08:54:53 AM
After my initial displeasure about Art being all done, my other thought was, "what about this forum"?
I take a lot of enjoyment reading these pages. Sometimes the comments made by you people are more entertaining than the shows. Really. I have literally laughed out loud, often. Been in awe over some of the comments from the resident wordsmiths and been amazed by the variety of opinions voiced on the topics.
   Work required me to listen the day after the previous nights show. I perused the live comment thread every morning to get an idea of what to expect. 
Whoa!! ;D
Been listening to Art since the beginning, my son is a fan too. The other day my grandson told me he listed to AB the other night.
[Paxon show] That's three generations of Art Bell listeners.
Anyway I'm pretty disapointed that Arts finished but hope these forums continue.
You people are great.

ps A radio show with all you chatting live, in your own voices uncensored would be a hoot!
Just have HW or whoever pick a topic and let rip.

This forum has  been here since the days of GeorgeNoorySucks.com, and as long as George Noory continues to suck, and I hear he has a very long contract, it will prevail. It's been through the halycon days leading up to two restarts for Art and the bitter disappointment when he cashed it in, twice. Bellgab will go on, like Celine Dionne's heart. You can't get entertainment like the entertainment south of the Art threads on Showtime.  ;)

Quote from: onan on December 13, 2015, 08:28:34 AM

What makes my head spin the most about turkey bacon is that it actually can be kosher under the right circumstances. I can't wrap my mind around that. It's something from an alternate universe that oughtn't to be, like mock lobster.

wr250

Quote from: onan on December 13, 2015, 08:28:34 AM
it aint anything like the hard stuff, is it.

BellBoy

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on December 13, 2015, 09:13:21 AM
This forum has  been here since the days of GeorgeNoorySucks.com, and as long as George Noory continues to suck, and I hear he has a very long contract, it will prevail. It's been through the halycon days leading up to two restarts for Art and the bitter disappointment when he cashed it in, twice. Bellgab will prevail. You can't get entertainment like the entertainment south of the Art threads on Showtime.  ;)

Truth be told, Art Bell didn't bring me to this website. It was the fact that George Noory, was so glaringly horrible in Art Bell's absence, that it enticed me to do the, now legendary web-search "George Noory Sucks", that brought me here. I lurked for years, just reading, content in the knowledge that there were others, out there, that felt like me.

I joined the forum for Art's "big comeback".

I'll stay, because there are a few intelligent/interesting people and opinions, here... and more than a few, hilariously idiotic cocks.

cweb

I'm sticking with my subscription and seeing what happens. I think her experience behind the scenes with Art made Heather better prepared for taking over the chair, and that's not even taking into consideration her own experiences with the genre. She's got the metaphorical balls to deal with people but is also approaching this in a way that feels genuinely humble.

Anyone that wants to say shit about Friday, well, it was a tough situation. But it was needed to turn the corner.

The Bob Bains and Jimmy Churches of the world can suck an egg because Art didn't pick them. I'm keeping my $5 where it is, thanks. Wanna take a new ride?

Robert

Quote from: Slartibartphast on December 12, 2015, 10:55:02 PMHouse to studio tunnel. Bam! Problem solved.
I "suggested" the idea 1st, but somehow it's this mention that gets the att'n.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert on December 13, 2015, 09:39:50 AM
I "suggested" the idea 1st, but somehow it's this mention that gets the att'n.

Slarti was bringing diggers, tunnel engineers, cabling, fresh water, tarmac and ventilation. You could only offer a rusty shovel and a hoe. Sorry.

TigerLily

Still here. Still subscribing. Still will be listening. Still hoping Art returns soon. Still sad