• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

WOTR

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 01, 2018, 05:19:36 PM
I didn’t read the manual, but I am guessing the 40.0 is how much is built up in the buffer and each press of the “Dump” button dumps 7 seconds.  It allows you to determine if you have enough of the stream buffered to have a functional “Dump” button.  I don’t see anyone attempting to manage dumping 40 seconds at a time.
The manual is copyright 1995 - 2004.  The 40 second delay was an option back then (standard was 20 on this model.)  From what I can tell, there are a full 40 seconds of delay built in right now, as it sits.  However, the amount of time that is dumped is configurable from 1 second to the full 40 seconds (one part of the manual says that default is 3 seconds, another claims 4 seconds.)  There is no way to know what she has it set for, unless she uploaded video of her configuring the system.  :'(

K_Dubb

Quote from: Nobody on June 01, 2018, 06:42:45 PM
Are you sure you are on the right website?  Sounds like you're letting the side down to me :P

All joking aside, I like to think chivalry isn't completely dead myself.  However, perhaps there is a perfectly sound reason America's Heartland is known by another name: Flyover Country.  That is, the values that are found there might now be considered irrelevant to the so-called "centers of progress" found on the coasts.

One of my complaints about the Internet is that it has made everyone too wordly-wise for their own good.

Precisely why I have this mingled feeling of reverence and regret.  It's the myth of female nobility which proximity quickly dispels, but can launch a thousand ships.

At the same time, I don't have much respect for people who allow themselves to be made fools of and I am convinced that's all Heater is doing.  I half-expect her to make a loop of, "Awwww, isn't that sweet!" so she can simply hit the button when she's doing her Fat Man with a Box Fanâ,,¢ impression.  Why waste the breath?

Chivalry only counts for something with me if it is directed at someone who is worthwhile (i.e. someone who isn't merely saying "Isn't that sweet!" in the expectation of future gifts).  I would say that there there is a fine line between being chivalrous and being gullible: Her desperate-for-female-companionship callers are, in my eyes, well across that line.

I don't know; I'm not sure that used garment steamers and crappy custom jewelry from the Crystal Shoppe will get you much at the Pawn & Gun.  The gifts are offerings and she is an image, a sort of witchy Madonna/Lady in the Tower.  Notice how many callers have complaints of their own which they are allowed to mention in exchange for a bit of sympathy -- it's a transaction, and both parties seem to be satisfied.  It's only our knowledge of the backstory that creates the dissonance, but it's kind of like pointing out the figure in the grotto is poorly cast cement.

Bluejay

Quote from: SpookyTim on June 01, 2018, 07:12:00 PM
Just dropping this in here for shameless self-promotion (as usual), but tomorrow night's guest on Spooky Southcoast will be Dan E. Moldea, author of The Killing of Robert F. Kennedy: An Investigation Into Motive, Means and Opportunity. We will be discussing, obviously, the 50th anniversary of the RFK assassination.

http://www.moldea.com

http://www.spookysouthcoast.com
Awesome.  Looking forward to it.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on June 01, 2018, 06:37:52 PM
I haven't listened to Heather is a while. The only ones I remember are Michelle from Japan and the black eye kids guy.
Remember the guy who always called from Sweden or Switzerland? Used to call every nite sometimes twice...he hasn't called in a long time...unless I missed him, haven't listened that much. Had a very distinctive voice.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on June 01, 2018, 07:22:02 PM
Remember the guy who always called from Sweden or Switzerland? Used to call every nite sometimes twice...he hasn't called in a long time...unless I missed him, haven't listened that much. Had a very distinctive voice.

She misunderstood what he was saying one night and dumped his call. She probably doesn’t take his calls anymore.

teknoslag

Quote from: El Chorro on June 01, 2018, 05:20:06 PM
So she can turn back the audio 40 seconds anytime she wants? Sounds challenging. You pretty much have to fool her, or get her to keep backing the show up so often it becomes a nightmare for her.

Bingo. Get enough Gabbers calling in (assuming it truly is unscreened) and there won't be anything to air.  ;D

Juan

Just dropping this in here for shameless self-promotion (as usual), but tomorrow night's guest on Spooky Southcoast will be Dan E. Moldea, author of The Killing of Robert F. Kennedy: An Investigation Into Motive, Means and Opportunity. We will be discussing, obviously, the 50th anniversary of the RFK assassination.
That's a very interesting book.  I'm looking forward to the show.

bellNwhistle

http://www.moldea.com

http://www.spookysouthcoast.com

Sounds like an awesome show!

Sean92008

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on June 01, 2018, 07:18:09 PM
Oh well we wait and see, but something tells my gut it isn't kosher.
Absolutely. I get feeling is that an unprescribed drug was in his system and everyone around him is denying being the supplier.

Since Art wasn't getting around it has to be someone close and irresponsible enough to supply drugs to a debilitated man...

The abhorrent behavior of said person might be an indication of guilt?

Didn't Tom Petty's burial/cremation/internment occur weeks before his toxicology was done?

Father Jack

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 01, 2018, 07:30:20 PM
Absolutely. Git feeling is that an unprescribed drug was in his system and everyone around him is denying being the supplier.

Since Art wasn't getting around it has to be someone close and irresponsible enough to supply drugs to a debilitated man...

The abhorrent behavior of said person might be an indication of guilt?

Cue Heather!

bellNwhistle

Quote from: teknoslag on June 01, 2018, 07:27:09 PM
Bingo. Get enough Gabbers calling in (asuming it truly is unscreened) and there won't be anything to air.  ;D
😂😂

WeinerInHand

Quote from: ItsOver on June 01, 2018, 06:04:17 PM
Ted cares about his customers.  He'd even serve a gay man and a gay journalist.

https://youtu.be/gV29C3sb3ps

Tootsie

Heather getting warmed up ready for her radio show

Quote from: SpookyTim on June 01, 2018, 09:08:33 AM
Just an update on Art's autopsy, a lieutenant with the Sheriff's Department just told me they have not heard back, and have now reached out to the medical examiner to find out why it has been delayed. I know from my experience in the newsroom, it takes about 30 days to get the results, because of the length of time it takes for the tox screen to come back. So it is definitely a couple of weeks past due, especially if it was just simply from COPD.

Interesting.  Perhaps you may want to keep that Reporter's Hat on and do some digging on this Finnish person that tried to kill George Senda
by mailing him a package of coffee that was poisoned:

http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5425.msg1238623#msg1238623

WOTR

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 01, 2018, 05:43:33 PM
I stand corrected...  The dump time is programmable on this unit. 1-40 seconds.
I guess I could have skipped the manual and just trusted that somebody else here would have the time.  Still, I'm now satisfied that if I every decide to start a podcast and require a dump button, that I could configure the equipment.  :)

What is "industry standard"?  It seems like it is only a few seconds- but that is to keep a word off the air.  I would think she probably has it cranked up for somebody trying to sneak a phrase past her...

Bluejay

Quote from: ItsOver on June 01, 2018, 06:04:17 PM
Ted cares about his customers.  He'd even serve a gay man and a gay journalist.
Sounds like a guy who used to call Clay Douglas (the “Angry Political Guy”) before his stroke.

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on June 01, 2018, 07:22:02 PM

Switzerland. That was the guy Heather blew off. He was talking about the US needing better infrastructure and Heather took it as him slamming the American Way. Maybe he was but I didn't think so. All you have to do is drive down most any highway to see things can improve. Anyway she dumped.

A clip of that exchange is posted here somewhere.

ge30542

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on June 01, 2018, 07:44:18 PM
Switzerland. That was the guy Heather blew off. He was talking about the US needing better infrastructure and Heather took it as him slamming the American Way. Maybe he was but I didn't think so. All you have to do is drive down most any highway to see things can improve. Anyway she dumped.

They say Ike, impressed by the autobahn, requested we build our interstate hiways. Which are now, for the most part, what, 60plus years old?

albrecht

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on June 01, 2018, 07:44:18 PM

One of the few interesting callers. I guess he didnt send packages or painted rocks so banned? Does Wolfman still call in with sings and alcohol black-out style ramblings?

Ghost

Quote from: albrecht on June 01, 2018, 07:56:40 PM

One of the few interesting callers. I guess he didnt send packages or painted rocks so banned? Does Wolfman still call in with sings and alcohol black-out style ramblings?

Damn, I didn’t send in a package for her table. Do you think she’ll ignore me when she sees my number?

I thought I’d vomit when she opened that first gift, I shut it right off. I did want to hear Davenport.  :-\

DynamoHum

If you can see past the grammar which is making me wince.....

GravitySucks

Quote from: WOTR on June 01, 2018, 07:38:57 PM
I guess I could have skipped the manual and just trusted that somebody else here would have the time.  Still, I'm now satisfied that if I every decide to start a podcast and require a dump button, that I could configure the equipment.  :)

What is "industry standard"?  It seems like it is only a few seconds- but that is to keep a word off the air.  I would think she probably has it cranked up for somebody trying to sneak a phrase past her...

“Musky bottoms” is only 1-2 seconds. But you have to add in the reaction time to determine she needs to hit the button and then remember where the button is.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: DynamoHum on June 01, 2018, 08:01:25 PM

She had done? LOL
She had did?
She did done?
She done did?

GravitySucks

Quote from: DynamoHum on June 01, 2018, 08:01:25 PM

Someone should just post a link in her FB to that interview along with a link to the interview MV did with Art in February 2016. And post a link to the January 2016 Battle Royale with Bateman.

Ghost

I always enjoyed Art’s open lines. I have always loathed HLW’s, they feel like junior high to me.

albrecht

Quote from: ge30542 on June 01, 2018, 07:54:30 PM
They say Ike, impressed by the autobahn, requested we build our interstate hiways. Which are now, for the most part, what, 60plus years old?

Autobahn is German and is awesome but can be scary since many euro cars are small. There are some epic wrecks but not as many as ine would think. They have more rules amd most cars are in good shape. And there are rules also decade more ago they had deal that yer radio would even break traffc reports realtime on FM. First time it was weird.

DynamoHum

Quote from: bellNwhistle on June 01, 2018, 08:03:29 PM
She had done? LOL
She had did?
She did done?
She done did?

Honestly, I didn’t even know where to start to get offended by it!
Quote from: GravitySucks on June 01, 2018, 08:04:24 PM
Someone should just post a link in her FB to that interview along with a link to the interview MV did with Art in February 2016. And post a link to the January 2016 Battle Royale with Bateman.

Well I am wondering exactly what interview they did are referring to. It’s either Liberace or NotReallyEvilKeith who is going to be done butthurted in a copyright kinda did way.

You see what I did there? It fucking hurt actually.