• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Do you think MV is sort of nuts? :)

Started by Stellar, July 05, 2014, 08:19:21 PM

eddie dean

Quote from: MV on July 05, 2014, 11:48:44 PM
Nah, I just saved it all in a turkey baster and I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

I tried the turkey baster method once. Sadly it didn't get my lady friend pregnant .  It started a huge argument when I got some in her eye. ;)

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on July 06, 2014, 12:18:30 AM
I tried the turkey baster method once. Sadly it didn't get my lady friend pregnant .  It started a huge argument when I got some in her eye. ;)

Contrary to popular belief audiophile's cannot get pregnant from ear sex.

I'm picturing two turkeys having a serious talk about using a human baster and all the baggage that goes with such a decision.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 06, 2014, 12:11:32 AM
Regarding avatars, I've always wanted to see the album EC's using under a black light to see if anything transpired. Disturbing the priest via UV.

[attachimg=1]
Sabbath, Born Again.  I saw them on that tour.  It was a complete shit show. 

Despite adding Ian Gillan and Bev Bevan, creating a potential super group, they were several hours late on stage, forcing Nazerath to play a very extended opening set.  Once they staggered to the stage, it was exceedingly clear that they had been revisiting the 70's on the way to the show.

These guys were epically, transcendently fucked up.

But so was the crowd, as the bikers, metal heads and assorted freaks had consumed all their hash, blow, mescaline, whiskey and whatever else they could get their hands on during the 1.5 hours that Nazerath had stretched their set to. 

Sabbath made it about 4 songs into their set before Gillan's projectile vomiting made it clear that the show would not go on.  Things regressed pretty quickly from that point, with riot cops, mounted police and 5,000 stoned Sabbath fans having a confrontation in front of the Montreal Forum.

High school in the 80's - good times!

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on July 06, 2014, 12:52:35 AM

Despite adding Ian Gillan and Bev Bevan, creating a potential super group, they were several hours late on stage, forcing Nazerath to play a very extended opening set.  Once they staggered to the stage, it was exceedingly clear that they had been revisiting the 70's on the way to the show.

But so was the crowd, as the bikers, metal heads and assorted freaks had consumed all their hash, blow, mescaline, whiskey and whatever else they could get their hands on during the 1.5 hours that Nazerath had stretched their set to. 

Sabbath made it about 4 songs into their set before Gillan's projectile vomiting made it clear that the show would not go on.  Things regressed pretty quickly from that point, with riot cops, mounted police and 5,000 stoned Sabbath fans having a confrontation in front of the Montreal Forum.

Did you get a T-shirt?

That story makes me feel sorry for Nazareth.

"No, no. We can't get off the stage yet. Tell Mickey."

Eddie Coyle

Gillan getting rewarded about 2 million bucks a few months later to reunite with nemesis Blackmore. I've heard similar tales about their Northeast trek of early '84. It was Geezer's final straw at the time.

For Sabbath...it would get worse. Check out Garry Sharpe Young's book about Sabbath 1979-97 and the staggering decline they'd endure. When the rest of showbiz was boycotting Sun City in '87, Sabbath took the gig because it was the most money they'd see. The depths they(Iommi,really) would reach are worse than Spinal Tap.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 06, 2014, 01:12:00 AM
     Gillan getting rewarded about 2 million bucks a few months later to reunite with nemesis Blackmore. I've heard similar tales about their Northeast trek of early '84. It was Geezer's final straw at the time.

For Sabbath...it would get worse. Check out Garry Sharpe Young's book about Sabbath 1979-97 and the staggering decline they'd endure. When the rest of showbiz was boycotting Sun City in '87, Sabbath took the gig because it was the most money they'd see. The depths they(Iommi,really) would reach are worse than Spinal Tap.

I remember Spinal Tap's parody site of Napster, "Tapster."

To THIS DAY, I regret not purchasing a baseball hat with the Tapster logo.

If I had a time machine, I would want to attend the legendary/obscure Black and Blue tour, featuring Sabbath and B.O.C. just to see if the somewhat cognitive dissonance would have been like the Beatles touring with The Rolling Stones.

That is, I like both in different ways, but wonder how a mixture would pan out not only in musical performances but in "off stage antics."

Of course, a T-shirt featuring that so subtle yet brilliant tour name would come back with me in said time machine.

And on a side trip, I would be obliged to bring a young Ozzy and Rhoads upward several years to have a serious sit down talk with a much older and wiser Ozzy about a particular buzzing plane.

But not before stopping along the way somewhen and picking up that fucking Tapster hat.

Eddie Coyle

Ah, the Black and Blue tour of 1980! Where the "American Black Sabbath" shares a stage with the now half-American Black Sabbath, and nearly as Italian as the Four Seasons.

Dio didn't have fond memories. Believe you can put it safely in the "Dio thinks Iommi is an idiot" category.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 06, 2014, 01:36:07 AM

Ah, the Black and Blue tour of 1980!...

Hey, I saw that in Seattle - Molly Hatchet, BOC, Riot, and the Ozzieless Sabs

Yorkshire pud

Is MV sort of nuts to Black Sabbath tours. via turkey basters, penis size (or not) and facial cancer.... I'm impressed!  ;D

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 06, 2014, 01:12:00 AM

So much squandered potential.  How could this guy filling in for Ozzy fail?

http://youtu.be/_4QBhC1uCP4

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 06, 2014, 01:44:18 AM
Hey, I saw that in Seattle - Molly Hatchet, BOC, Riot, and the Ozzieless Sabs

If this was the Black and Blue tour, please fucking tell me you saw a much older Cam in a funky time machine that was camouflaged as a T-thirt sales booth.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 06, 2014, 01:36:07 AM

Ah, the Black and Blue tour of 1980! Where the "American Black Sabbath" shares a stage with the now half-American Black Sabbath, and nearly as Italian as the Four Seasons.

Dio didn't have fond memories. Believe you can put it safely in the "Dio thinks Iommi is an idiot" category.

I appreciate you knowing exactly to what I was referring.

jazmunda

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 06, 2014, 01:52:52 AM
Is MV sort of nuts to Black Sabbath tours. via turkey basters, penis size (or not) and facial cancer.... I'm impressed!  ;D

This thread is missing something.

There it is. Carry on.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: jazmunda on July 06, 2014, 02:04:22 AM
This thread is missing something.

There it is. Carry on.

Did you remote view that all the way from Oz? Now I am impressed.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on July 05, 2014, 11:59:34 PM
I apologize in advance:

In Morocco, one in three noses look just like this.

jazmunda

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 06, 2014, 02:14:48 AM
Did you remote view that all the way from Oz? Now I am impressed.

Yeah I stuck my head up my ass.

For best results I eat beans the night before.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 06, 2014, 02:04:07 AM
If this was the Black and Blue tour, please fucking tell me you saw a much older Cam in a funky time machine that was camouflaged as a T-thirt sales booth...

I don't know the name of the tour, it was summer of 1980.   

I was green back then, still a year away from getting bitten at a J Geils/Rolling Stones show

MV has to be Nuts because he deals with all of us plus the wacky tacky trolls on the Internet.

Bart Ell

Despite adding Ian Gillan and Bev Bevan, creating a potential super group, they were several hours late on stage, forcing Nazerath to play a very extended opening set. 

.... Montreal Forum.

Read the first part and thought it sounded like the Montreal show.

Less than 3 years later they were back with Ray Gillen. Shitty person but incredible singer.