• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Yesterday, I lurked at the Nighthawk Zone

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 11, 2008, 04:49:42 PM

b_dubb

they ran out of Kool Aid. 

i originally mistyped Kool as KooK.  Coincidence?  of course not!!!!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on February 24, 2011, 07:22:38 PM
I have tried to register with that site a few times and have always been told something to the effect of "not accepting registrations". Whats up with that?
if ever a forum was started for the purpose of making a loser feel powerful, nut-hawk zone apparently is it.

aldousburbank

Michael V.

Is it not true, that CoastGab is a steadily growing, lil' chubby baby?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 25, 2011, 09:56:28 AM
Michael V.

Is it not true, that CoastGab is a steadily growing, lil' chubby baby?
yeah, it's steadily growing (with occasional peaks and valleys), but it hasn't exactly grown at the rate i'd hoped.  i thought by now (after almost three years) that this forum would be far busier than it is. you guys need to do some guerrilla advertising around the net for us when the opportunity presents its self.

JustOneFix

Quote from: Michael V. on February 25, 2011, 01:12:29 PM
you guys need to do some guerrilla advertising around the net for us when the opportunity presents its self.

Will we get paid in beer? If so let me know and I'll PM you my preferred brands...... ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: JustOneFix on February 25, 2011, 01:28:10 PM
Will we get paid in beer? If so let me know and I'll PM you my preferred brands...... ;D
you'll get paid in small vials filled with the tears of disappointed children.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael V. on February 25, 2011, 01:12:29 PM
yeah, it's steadily growing (with occasional peaks and valleys), but it hasn't exactly grown at the rate i'd hoped.  i thought by now (after almost three years) that this forum would be far busier than it is. you guys need to do some guerrilla advertising around the net for us when the opportunity presents its self.

Because of the primary subject matter (a retired host and an ever unpopular version of C2C) perhaps you should consider a broader scope for the forum such as talk radio in genral.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Marc Knight on February 25, 2011, 02:41:50 PM

Because of the primary subject matter (a retired host and an ever unpopular version of C2C) perhaps you should consider a broader scope for the forum such as talk radio in genral.
this seems like a solid idea... and one i will likely end up implementing.

HAL 9000

Could it be?

Yesterday, I lurked at the Nuthawk Zone, and the day before, and the day before. Same message...

Board Offline
Closed for Maintenance

It also appears that NutBoy's backup forum is also gone... the last Google cache for anything from the Nuthawkzone is February 28.

NutBoy - my psy-ops operation has succeeded. Muahahahahaha  

Snoory mentioned they were down last night.

EvB

Marc.Knight

As a matter of curiosity, does anyone know what happened to the Nighthawk Zone?  

Maybe Bad Boy got trapped under a pile of newspapers after he fell while dancing to the UFO Phil song.

Eddie Coyle

The white-coated men with the nets finally captured Bad Boy.

MV/Liberace!

any updates on what happened with the NHZ?  did i hack that one too?

anagrammy

Quote from: Michael V. on April 01, 2011, 11:05:46 PM
any updates on what happened with the NHZ?  did i hack that one too?

If you did, you rerouted them to CoastGab!!!

Mwahahahaha

Anagrammy

morphiaflow

First time ever starting a new topic on here, though this is cross-posted from the "Art Bell Quits Coast" thread.

The Fantastic Forum would appear to be...gone.

The main page has a picture of the late founder/moderator Linnea, who sadly passed away last week (may she rest in peace).

That page contains a forum link, which takes me to THIS page:

http://www.fantasticforum.com/1res/index.php

And this text:

"vBulletin Message
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PURCHASING THIS FORUM and DOMAIN NAME PLEASE CALL 206-241-0980 ALL REAL OFFERS CONSIDERED REVISEDCODE"

And every possible link on the dropdown menu takes me to the same page.

Anyone have any clue what's up? I'm assuming it may have something to do with Linnea's sad passing, but--who knows?

Thank you MorphiaFlow for updating us.  It is always sad to hear that we have lost a kindred spirit.  There was a poster on here called ArtBellFan who was supposedly the lady who ran the Fantastic Forum.  Was this ArtBellFan Linnea?  As you all probably know, George Noory threatened to sue the Fantastic Forum for expressing their opinions of his work.  Fantastic Forum decided to simply stop referring to Noory as if he did not exist.  They would at times refer to "he that will remain unnamed."  I admired their spunk in standing up to such high handed threats. At any rate, thank you for the news and our thoughts and prayers are with Linnea's circle of friends and relatives.

morphiaflow

I actually don't know if Linnea was ArtBellFan but it seems likely. I didn't know her. I'm actually relatively new to the world of Coast-related forums (not to forums period, but I have never a been a big fan of them, I only joined this one at the end of last year to monitor the "Art quitting" situation. And while I'm no fan of Noory, it IS of note that he himself mentioned Linnea, and the FF, by name when he noted her passing the other night on the show (I think it was the Bin laden is dead show, as it's the only one I've gone out of my way to listen to lately). In any case I only found out about the FF being down when I went to try and get some posts that Art has made there and found the whole thing was gone, sadly.

HAL 9000

Quote from: morphiaflow on May 04, 2011, 10:52:56 PMThe Fantastic Forum would appear to be...gone.

The main page has a picture of the late founder/moderator Linnea, who sadly passed away last week (may she rest in peace).

That page contains a forum link, which takes me to THIS page:

http://www.fantasticforum.com/1res/index.php

And this text:

"vBulletin Message
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PURCHASING THIS FORUM and DOMAIN NAME PLEASE CALL 206-241-0980 ALL REAL OFFERS CONSIDERED REVISEDCODE"

And every possible link on the dropdown menu takes me to the same page.

Anyone have any clue what's up? I'm assuming it may have something to do with Linnea's sad passing, but--who knows?

And btw, I've now put aside any doubts that the person I've been communicating with really IS Art. Not only have his responses been short, professional, all business and no bullshit, but I did some further checking and the @ domain of his email address is based in the Philippines. So there it is, for whatever it's worth.

Actually not - the forum is still there - you just need to have a cookie set before gaining access - my guess is if you visit there again you'll be able to see everything.

It is true the owner died on April 29th (I'm sure there is NO correlation to Fort Rock's delusional premonitions). For some reason, they chose to run on a dedicated server costing $250/month. The understandable grief notwithstanding, that is a ridiculous sum to pay for such a low-traffic site, so it may not survive in its exact current form (could always be transferred to a much cheaper shared server - they apparently use GoDaddy)

Anyways, I gained access to all the forum pages:

http://www.fantasticforum.com/1res/index.php?
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/linnea-r-i-p
http://www.fantasticforum.com/1res/showthread.php?&threadid=44612 (anouncement thread)
[I took the liberty of deleting the lengthy cookie code from the link)

Scully

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on May 05, 2011, 12:44:57 AM
Thank you MorphiaFlow for updating us.  It is always sad to hear that we have lost a kindred spirit.  There was a poster on here called ArtBellFan who was supposedly the lady who ran the Fantastic Forum.  Was this ArtBellFan Linnea?  As you all probably know, George Noory threatened to sue the Fantastic Forum for expressing their opinions of his work.  Fantastic Forum decided to simply stop referring to Noory as if he did not exist.  They would at times refer to "he that will remain unnamed."  I admired their spunk in standing up to such high handed threats. At any rate, thank you for the news and our thoughts and prayers are with Linnea's circle of friends and relatives.

I may just be adding to the confusion, but I remember that when ArtBellFan posted here recently, she said she was ShirleyPal on FF.  I don't know, though, if ShirleyPal is also Linnae or not.

Just my 2 cents.  ???

P.S. Having now checked at FF, I'd say that ShirleyPal, the FF moderator, is not Linnae, since ShirleyPal last posted today. 

morphiaflow

Thanks Hal for the research. Sorry for the false alarm.

MV/Liberace!

Correct... artbellfan is shirleypal at the fantastic forum... and she's very alive.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

MV/Liberace!

Oh... and by the way... coastgab seems to get a ton more traffic than the ff... and it's hosted on a shared hosting account costing $9.95 per month. I can't imagine why the ff owner(s) would have chosen to endure the expense of a dedicated server, if that's true. Totally unnecessary.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

MV/Liberace!

looks like someone is going to keep the fantastic forum going, but now there's an offshoot forum called "the new fantastic forum."  i'm not clear as to why they created the new forum if the original forum is staying up.  perhaps i'm wrong about the fate of the original?  seems like a community in disarray at the moment.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Michael V. on May 08, 2011, 03:03:48 AM
looks like someone is going to keep the fantastic forum going, but now there's an offshoot forum called "the new fantastic forum."  i'm not clear as to why they created the new forum if the original forum is staying up.  perhaps i'm wrong about the fate of the original?  seems like a community in disarray at the moment.

Same Fantastic Forum. :)

JusSumguy

They aren't accepting new members,

=

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: JusSumguy on May 08, 2011, 03:43:48 AM
They aren't accepting new members,

=
which one isn't?  the new or old ff?

ArtBellFan

Hi Michael, just to clear up any confustion the new Fantastic Forum 2 is excepting members, we were the core members and are starting anew.
Linnea who was a dear friend who passed away and was the onwner of FF and the only owner.
I was a Mod there.

Shirley

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ArtBellFan on May 22, 2011, 09:56:18 AM
Hi Michael, just to clear up any confustion the new Fantastic Forum 2 is excepting members, we were the core members and are starting anew.
Linnea who was a dear friend who passed away and was the onwner of FF and the only owner.
I was a Mod there.

Shirley
what i don't understand is, why did you guys start another forum?  seems like an absolute mistake to me. 

yes, the original FF is under new ownership, but i get the impression the new owner is going to be really good for that place in many regards.  it all just seems like an unnecessary fragmentation to me, and i suspect many of the people currently using the ff2 will slowly flow back toward the original ff anyway. 

is there something i'm missing?