• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 23, 2018, 11:39:33 PM
When I moved to this little hick town in Texas for my senior year in high school, I was shocked at their cafeteria practices. They cooked the hamburgers in a pan in the oven and then had a stencil to paint liquid smoke grill marks on the patties.

That's just cheating. Plain and simple.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 23, 2018, 11:40:46 PM
someone's lurking...

Keepin the finger on the pulse of BellGab while the previous host is still giving us the finger.

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 23, 2018, 11:41:57 PM
Keepin the finger on the pulse of BellGab while the previous host is still giving us the finger.

will she ever come home to us?

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 23, 2018, 11:41:37 PM
That's just cheating. Plain and simple.

I think one of the kids was inspired and may or may not have gone on to invent the McRib.

Lilith

Quote from: Hells Mole on May 23, 2018, 11:26:35 PM
Propylene glycol is used in tons of products of all types.  Just about anything you could imagine could have that crap in it.  It is actually officially categorized by the government as mildly toxic, an irritant to sensitive tissue, and generally considered self but with an acknowledged potential to do harm.

It is even put into a lot of pharmaceutical ointments even though a lot of people have an "allergic" reaction to it.
"Allergic" implies an unnatural sensitivity but it should be normal to have a negative reaction to a toxic industrial compound.  It might drop you from cancer or kill you overnight but it does cause harm.  Anything that causes irritation and inflammation can contribute to things like cancer in the long time.

For me, I have been exposed to a lot of it as it is a main ingredient in theatrical fog/haze used for enhancing stage lighting and lasers.  It gave me a hoarse throat, headache and raw feeling lungs so I have had tone that down or not use it at all big time.  It also leaves a bit of an oily film on everything that's difficult to clean.

Gross stuff and I do think people are in for a real sadness in the future who are vaping. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the heat and chemicals in the liquids are causing serious damage to sensitive tissues as well as prompting and/or accelerating mutative cell growth.

Not to even get into the liquid nicotine aspect.

SciFiAuthor

Ask him what the spookiest campfire story he's ever heard is.

Sean92008

Quote from: WinWinS on May 23, 2018, 10:59:02 PM
They use propylene glycol not ethylene glycol and mix it with vegetable glycerin
National Institute of Health
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24958024/

In all seriousness, vaping is the corporate response to smoking bans and limits on marketing.  Vaping is getting banned too, still cigarettes are being taxed heavily so they needed a lower cost option.

albrecht

When I moved to this little hick town in Texas for my senior year in high school, I was shocked at their cafeteria practices. They cooked the hamburgers in a pan in the oven and then had a stencil to paint liquid smoke grill marks on the patties.
Hamburgers are one of few things (though one can with care also do steak) that is better is better not on grill. Fatty so get too well done n flame up on open flame. And lose the fat goodness n taste. which hick-town?

WhiteCrow

Quote from: DANIEL! on May 23, 2018, 11:20:59 PM
#Belgab is boring
#full of senior citizens competing and bragging who has more advanced stage of cancer
#or more debilitating arthritis
#Heather darlin' let's fly away from this depressing morgue

#Most Wear Adult Diapers
#PU stinky

69CheckMate

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 23, 2018, 11:38:58 PM
Well, if they could do that then they could certainly pull off Sandy Hook too.  ::)

Anybody remember all the drive by shootings that was a major news  story every day during the Clinton administration?
Remember how they miraculously ceased as soon as they passed the so-called assault weapons ban?

i watched Lawrence Welk with my grandma, im only 33.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 23, 2018, 11:43:15 PM
I think one of the kids was inspired and may or may not have gone on to invent the McRib.

While I like the McRib, I resent McDonald's for introducing it to us, and then periodically taking it away FOR YEARS. Then there was the Szechuan sauce affair. The McDonald's menu is a cruel, fickle bitch of a mistress indeed.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on May 23, 2018, 11:45:04 PM
Hamburgers are one of few things (though one can with care also do steak) that is better is better not on grill. Fatty so get too well done n flame up on open flame. And lose the fat goodness n taste. which hick-town?

Magnolia. There were only 62 in my graduating class.  And I was the only Yankee.

I can't eat a burger unless it is cooked on a grill.

They should be locked up, every single one of them.

albrecht

Quote from: brig on May 23, 2018, 11:43:20 PM
Not to even get into the liquid nicotine aspect.
Which I recall was subjects of various old mystery plots because a 'smoker' etc.

Bluejay

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 23, 2018, 11:46:21 PM
i watched Lawrence Welk with my grandma, im only 33.

Brought to you by Geritol.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Bluejay on May 23, 2018, 11:47:50 PM

Brought to you by Geritol.

That's not funny. When all the other kids were playing guitar and starting garage bands I was stuck in a chair practicing my squeeze box.

painter17

someone was named John....
definitely  a sign....

Kolchak

Dave, it's pronounced PELL-MELL.

chefist

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 23, 2018, 11:46:38 PM
Ok back on track

Yup...my pop was a pipe smoker too (no dirty jokes)...that's old school...citronella candles and  kerosene lanterns...