• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

kingotnw

Quote from: b_dubb on July 21, 2013, 04:20:06 PM
definitely a ride. but if the guy is saying he's in negotiations i have every reason to believe he's for real.  it's not like he's sean morton or rch or doctor doom

He's not saying he is in negotiations, he is saying he is bound, which mean something has already been signed. He's coming back!

If and when he does return, he will have quite the story to tell

Unless it is a cooking show, as we all on here have joked before that even if you can up with a cooking program we would also listen

Fly By Night

He's probably doing another bit guest part on some TV show again.
Art don't F with us this time. You are running short on intrigue capital.

ccvortex

Man I hope this pans out, and I really hope he goes head to head against the monstrosity that C2C has become.  Eat it Noory.

Morgus

Quote from: lasertron on July 21, 2013, 03:28:32 PM
he's bound!
what? somebody kidnapped Art, then bound and gagged him?
thats terrible!

Diabhal

Hoping for good news but this is the final straw for these big teases for me personally. He's just not sexy enough to pull off the flirty type.

jazmunda

I do believe that if he pulls the rug from under us again there will be hell to pay.

He is definitely running low on teasing capital. The fans will only take so much.

Remember the story about the boy who cried wolf? Art is skirting dangerously close to wearing a flashing neon wolf bait sign around his neck.

ACE of CLUBS

" From the High Desert, and the Grrrreat American Southwest .... "
'The Chase' ....  has the cadence of my old Harley ...... heading west on 50 ... fuel up in Austin ...... life is good!

Hope that you're on your way back Art ........

Between these teasers and the Breaking Bad Season 5 1/2 teasers, I need something solid for once this month.   :-\

Renaldo

Quote from: kingotnw on July 21, 2013, 04:54:26 PM
He's not saying he is in negotiations, he is saying he is bound, which mean something has already been signed. He's coming back!

Hmmm... he can be bound to not say anything while beginning negotiations. If he signed a contract he'd probably be able to make an announcement. But then again, maybe he wouldn't. Which by that I mean, it can mean anything.  ;D

lonevoice

There's an artist I've followed for years on the internet who's often "bound" by various contractual restrictions from disclosing upcoming projects.  But, when he's really excited about a new project he can barely contain himself.  Sometimes he'll post odd clues, like a 10-second video clip of what appears to be him reciting a short grocery list of random items.   The items will turn out to be an acronym that reveals the name of his upcoming project.   Maybe Art really is "bound", or maybe Art's just lost his mind.  We'll all know soon.

In the meantime, I found an article about Art today from a 1996 issue of the San Diego Tribune.   It reminded me of a lot of the things I like about Art Bell:   Art Bell --- Wizard of Oz?

basswood

Quote from: lonevoice on July 21, 2013, 07:08:45 PM
There's an artist I've followed for years on the internet who's often "bound" by various contractual restrictions from disclosing upcoming projects.  But, when he's really excited about a new project he can barely contain himself.  Sometimes he'll post odd clues, like a 10-second video clip of what appears to be him reciting a short grocery list of random items.   The items will turn out to be an acronym that reveals the name of his upcoming project.   Maybe Art really is "bound", or maybe Art's just lost his mind.  We'll all know soon.

In the meantime, I found an article about Art today from a 1996 issue of the San Diego Tribune.   It reminded me of a lot of the things I like about Art Bell:   Art Bell --- Wizard of Oz?

Who's the artist, lonevoice? Unless you are bound to not reveal him... :)

PS My 6 year old happened to see your avatar and cracked up all evening. Thanks!

Marc.Knight

Quote from: lonevoice on July 21, 2013, 07:08:45 PM

If its just an announcement that he is starting a massive cat resort in the middle of the desert, I will be a little disappointed, and "announcement" fatigued.  We're assuming whatever is coming up is radio related, but it might just be about feline manicures.

jazmunda

Quote from: lasertron on July 21, 2013, 03:28:32 PM
he's bound!

[attachimg=1]

On Twitter he said the following:

Quote from: Art Bell on TwitterCloser and closer. I may announce here or on Facebook. I am bound right now to not say more.

Quote from: basswood on July 21, 2013, 07:16:12 PM

PS My 6 year old happened to see your avatar and cracked up all evening. Thanks!

I just got it.  A six year old is smarter than me  :-[

SR-71

What is art up too? is he bound to come on the air again to say that he is going to retire again? What really going on???

awguy

Quote from: indigoo on July 21, 2013, 04:32:27 PM
The re-activation of the site, all the messages, and that Facebook post has me very hopeful. It feels different than before, but maybe I'm just choosing to forget the past.

I'm not as excited as I have been in the past. The two previous times where we thought a come back announcement was imminent... and having it lead to nothing, has my guard up.

Wake me when an announcement is actually made and I'll jump out of bed screaming with excitement. Until then, my life continues as normal assuming he's not coming back.

basswood

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 21, 2013, 07:35:36 PM
I just got it.  A six year old is smarter than me  :-[
Don't feel bad, they're smarter than the lot of us.  :P

awguy

Quote from: Morgus on July 21, 2013, 05:23:58 PM
what? somebody kidnapped Art, then bound and gagged him?
thats terrible!

Does anyone remember when Art had the Wacky 911 calls on? Art's favourite call was a guy who said "I'm a victim of a robbery... I'm bound and gagged" And the operator couldn't understand the guy? haha!

lonevoice

Quote from: basswood on July 21, 2013, 07:16:12 PM

I'd tell ya, been that I'd have to...well...you know.   Let's just say I have a lifelong passion for clasically-trained tenors. 

QuotePS My 6 year old happened to see your avatar and cracked up all evening. Thanks!
I'm so glad to know that!   Bee On Bleef is one of Paper*Boy's Nooryisms for the way Jorch pronounces the name of his "TV show".   The word play cracks me up like a 6-year-old too.  :-)

jazmunda

Quote from: awguy on July 21, 2013, 08:04:23 PM
Does anyone remember when Art had the Wacky 911 calls on? Art's favourite call was a guy who said "I'm a victim of a robbery... I'm bound and gagged" And the operator couldn't understand the guy? haha!

I love the Wacky 911 shows. I hope he is one of the future guests on the ...... oh wait.

fotd

Perhaps Art has signed on as a spokesman for CCrane.  He's going to use his domain name, Facebook, and Twitter to post up 30 second advertisements every week. 

mattjs2732

With all due respect, he would still be a lot more interesting doing a 30 second commercial than listening to 4 hours of Noory.

Quote from: fotd on July 21, 2013, 08:42:31 PM
Perhaps Art has signed on as a spokesman for CCrane.  He's going to use his domain name, Facebook, and Twitter to post up 30 second advertisements every week.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: awguy on July 21, 2013, 08:04:23 PM

My favorite from that show was Joe versus the deer and his need for a "bambulance."

The Guy, The Deer, The Dog, And The Bambulance. Hysterically funny

jazmunda

Quote from: HorrorRetro on July 21, 2013, 09:17:03 PM
My favorite from that show was Joe versus the deer and his need for a "bambulance."

The Guy, The Deer, The Dog, And The Bambulance. Hysterically funny

I could listen to that all day. Thanks for that. Youtube must have killed the Wacky 911 guy's bidness.

Sardondi

Quote from: Marc knight on July 21, 2013, 07:18:05 PMIf its just an announcement that he is starting a massive cat resort in the middle of the desert, I will be a little disappointed, and "announcement" fatigued.  We're assuming whatever is coming up is radio related, but it might just be about feline manicures.
"This is it! I can finally announce the Grand Opening of Art's Big House of Cats, with two convenient locations to serve you in Pahrump and Barstow. Please see us for all your cat needs, from food to fur care to home spaying and overnight de-worming, we've got what your cat is looking for! Wanna take a purr?"

Quote from: Sardondi on July 21, 2013, 09:43:10 PM
"This is it! I can finally announce the Grand Opening of Art's Big House of Cats, with two convenient locations to serve you in Pahrump and Barstow. Please see us for all your cat needs, from food to fur care to home spaying and overnight de-worming, we've got what your cat is looking for! Wanna take a purr?"
There are gonna be a lot of angry customers going to the wrong cat house in Pahrump.

ItsOver

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on July 21, 2013, 09:47:06 PM
There are gonna be a lot of angry customers going to the wrong cat house in Pahrump.

A cat house in Nevada.  Who would have expected that?  ;D

Cynnie

Theres just nothing out there that compares to Art Bell ..
So no matter , im giddy as a school girl ..im hoping my mind power alone will make this so .