Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 08, 2018, 12:47:20 AM
Yes, Rosegirl.

Dammit I had one too many martinis again.  Rosegirl mentions and visions of Zardoz.

Quote from: zeebo on June 08, 2018, 12:50:37 AM
Dammit I had one too many martinis again.  Rosegirl mentions and visions of Zardoz.

One of my first avatars from about 10-11 years ago on another site.  I think I'm going to keep this one for a while.  LOL.  The other Bond one was my first avatar pic from the Coast Riders forum.

Yes - I'm trying to find Zardoz on stream now.  :)   8)

Quote from: Flying Killer Robot on June 08, 2018, 12:54:54 AM
Yes - I'm trying to find Zardoz on stream now.  :)   8)

Heh,heh.  I've got a nice blu-ray of Zardoz to peruse at my pleasure.  No, not that sort of pleasure!  :-[ LOL! ;D

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 08, 2018, 12:53:12 AM
One of my first avatars from about 10-11 years ago on another site.  I think I'm going to keep this one for a while.  LOL.  The other Bond one was my first avatar pic from the Coast Riders forum.
Zardoz!   A guilty movie pleasure for me.   It is almost brilliant, yet preposterous and hysterical.  Is it profound?  Do I care?  No; but I love it, and own the dvd.  Sean Connery made bald beautiful.  Early adopter of the manly ponytail, as well.

So, great avatar! 
If you haven’t done so already, please post your review of Zardoz.  That would be a fun read for many, I’m thinking.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 08, 2018, 12:58:09 AM
Heh,heh.  I've got a nice blu-ray of Zardoz to peruse at my pleasure.  No, not that sort of pleasure!  :-[ LOL! ;D

I assumed you meant an expression of appreciation of mid-1970s pre-Star Wars dystopian science fiction films.... What were you talking about?   ::)

Bluejay

Quote from: SergeantMajor on June 07, 2018, 08:52:28 PM
Heater’s vocal qualities are annoying after 5 minutes and nearly unlistenable after 10 BUT she is Art Bell compared to the sluring, drunkard stylings of Michael Snuffleupagus Vara

Bluejay

Quote from: Ghost on June 07, 2018, 08:57:20 PM
OOF! I did goof that up! We now have TWO options, Dave or www.kingdomofnyeradio.com. Nothing else, that’s all we need!

Quote from: Flying Killer Robot on June 08, 2018, 01:02:23 AM
I assumed you meant an expression of appreciation of mid-1970s pre-Star Wars dystopian science fiction films.... What were you talking about?   ::)

Of course I meant that.  I'm not swishy.   ;D

Bluejay

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 07, 2018, 11:26:37 PM
Is she being so enthralling that nobody cares to post or is just plain dead here?

Quote from: Étouffée on June 08, 2018, 01:01:42 AM
Zardoz!   A guilty movie pleasure for me.   It is almost brilliant, yet preposterous and hysterical.  Is it profound?  Do I care?  No; but I love it, and own the dvd.  Sean Connery made bald beautiful.  Early adopter of the manly ponytail, as well.

So, great avatar! 
If you haven’t done so already, please post your review of Zardoz.  That would be a fun read for many, I’m thinking.

It has been a while since I watched it so I'll pull it forward on my list to watch again soon. Then I'll review it! Guilty pleasure indeed!!! Very apt description, by the way! ;D ;)

Bluejay

Quote from: Flying Killer Robot on June 08, 2018, 12:46:12 AM
Can someone clear something up for me?  Is Lasha a former Bellgabber?  I seem to recall she was?

zeebo

Quote from: Étouffée on June 08, 2018, 01:01:42 AM
Zardoz!   A guilty movie pleasure for me.   It is almost brilliant, yet preposterous and hysterical.  Is it profound?  Do I care?  No; but I love it, and own the dvd.

I could not have given a more accurate review myself lol.

I’ll look for your review.  Thanks.

Quote from: zeebo on June 08, 2018, 01:10:53 AM

Especially in less than 50 words.

Quote from: zeebo on June 08, 2018, 01:10:53 AM
I bet there are a lot of Zardoz fans out here, men and women both, kind of on the down low about it.
It’s by John Boorman!  There’s Charlotte Rampling, and  Talking Rings of the Future! (or was that The Time Machine?)

Quote from: Étouffée on June 08, 2018, 01:15:04 AM
I bet there are a lot of Zardoz fans out here, men and women both, kind of on the down low about it.
It’s by John Boorman!  There’s Charlotte Rampling, and  Talking Rings of the Future! (or was that The Time Machine?)

Boorman is one of my favorite living filmmakers.    Excalibur is probably my favorite film of his. Emerald Forest, Deliverance, Point Blank and Hell In the Pacific are all great.  Wish he made more films.  I think Exorcist 2: The Heretic was taken away from him and messed with so I'm sure his cut of the film would have been better.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Étouffée on June 08, 2018, 01:15:04 AM

https://youtu.be/6NRMYUpgyJ8

Doomed

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 08, 2018, 12:51:15 AM
I suspect she is also this moron.

http://bellgab.com/index.php?action=profile;u=7712
Yeh. Heh...I think you've nailed it. "Suddenly, I found myself sniffing at the smell of sausage cookin'..."

Heather just literally compared getting sexual reassignment surgery to getting a tattoo.  And she wants you all to know she's not politically correct.

Lilith

That four hours went by really fast for me.  Thank You for the company gabbers  :)

Lilith

Bummer, I just looked, Daves partial show isn't posted.  :-\

Quote from: brig on June 08, 2018, 01:57:55 AM
That four hours went by really fast for me.  Thank You for the company gabbers  :)

G'night, brig.

Night all - she actually had a good guest on tonight (took a while to get into it) and I think her caller pool has been refreshed.

Quote from: Flying Killer Robot on June 08, 2018, 02:03:52 AM
Night all - she actually had a good guest on tonight (took a while to get into it) and I think her caller pool has been refreshed.

G'night, Flying Killer Robot.  Nice to have you with us. ;D

Quote from: Rix Gins on June 08, 2018, 01:28:40 AM
https://youtu.be/6NRMYUpgyJ8
(Thanks, Rix. This is another of my favorites, although Yvette Mimieux as the limpid and passive Weena, got on my nerves).  Night night.