• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

f burbeck

Enticing Art back might occur if we find guests he couldn't resist.
He said his wife absolutely LOVES JC - makes her laugh, another might be a drone expert, or some representative or offspring of TRUMP.

jazmunda

Quote from: Empress on September 23, 2016, 12:01:59 AM
the recording was later found to be looped together from various sound effects, sometimes identified as the soundtrack of the 1972 movie Baron Blood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Well_to_Hell_hoax

And jazmunda did cry.  :'(

https://youtu.be/6_AVq_Q_XsE

Quote from: f burbeck on September 23, 2016, 12:16:46 AM
He said his wife absolutely LOVES JC - makes her laugh, another might be a drone expert, or some representative or offspring of TRUMP.

I'm just hoping he eventually starts filling in for Heather occasionally.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: f burbeck on September 23, 2016, 12:16:46 AM

Terrific, lure him back.  I'll make the over/under three weeks this time.

f burbeck

contact Art with these guests and with the right pull tell him they are conditional on his interviewing them

JesusJuice

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 23, 2016, 12:18:21 AM
I'm just hoping he eventually starts filling in for Heather occasionally.

Heather's been off a couple times in the past week or so. Art could have filled in but he didn't.

Quote from: JesusJuice on September 23, 2016, 12:21:21 AM

Heather's been off a couple times in the past week or so. Art could have filled in but he didn't.

I know but I would think his appearances would have to be pre-planned.  The recent cancellations weren't.  Maybe he will show up for a ghost-to-ghost but I sort of doubt it.  Heather would have announced it.
'

jazmunda

Quote from: JesusJuice on September 23, 2016, 12:21:21 AM

https://youtu.be/a3n6dQsAMNk

https://youtu.be/r-n4wkkzcvU

f burbeck

Has he recovered fully from his illness?

Quote from: f burbeck on September 23, 2016, 12:34:34 AM
Has he recovered fully from his illness?

Art? Oh, he's getting better every day.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 23, 2016, 12:15:30 AM
...in lower North-West Central Missouri...

Where the fuck is that? Heh heh

GravitySucks

Quote from: mv on September 23, 2016, 12:51:30 AM

He is afraid to say the words St Louis LOL

Quote from: norland2424 on September 22, 2016, 11:43:56 PM
I still remember being creeped out at 12 years old when Art played his recording from hell
That was from that Russian bore hole wasn't it ?  Creepy as ' Hell ' . 

Value Of Pi

Did Art ever ask one of his EVP guests whether they considered the possibility that their activities might be disturbing to these spirits/deceased people? This would seem like an obvious concern, especially if they're creeping around graveyards and last resting places which are supposed to be respected.

I know in a few cases people have gotten rattled and left but that's not the same thing.

jazmunda

Quote from: Value Of Pi on September 23, 2016, 01:01:54 AM
Did Art ever ask one of his EVP guests whether they considered the possibility that their activities might be disturbing to these spirits/deceased people? This would seem like an obvious concern, especially if they're creeping around graveyards and last resting places which are supposed to be respected.

I know in a few cases people have gotten rattled and left but that's not the same thing.

I always imagined that if ghosts existed then they would experience us in the same manner that we experience them. Fleeting, frightful experiences.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: jaz on September 23, 2016, 03:34:04 AM
I always imagined that if ghosts existed then they would experience us in the same manner that we experience them. Fleeting, frightful experiences.

That sounds ironic enough to be true, assuming these are actual entities. I'd be surprised if this subject never came up on the show, especially in connection with EVP. If anyone remembers an instance, please chime in.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: mv on September 23, 2016, 12:51:30 AM

LOL, good ol' Pike County. I was descriptive because I didn't really want to be associated with Hannibal, but also not St. Louis, but not the "west" either.

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 23, 2016, 08:25:16 AM
LOL, good ol' Pike County. I was descriptive because I didn't really want to be associated with Hannibal...
Understandable. ;)

Quote from: jaz on September 23, 2016, 12:29:44 AM

https://youtu.be/a3n6dQsAMNk

https://youtu.be/r-n4wkkzcvU
Awww yiss.

The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror... the best reason to still be alive every year around Halloween.

Quote from: mv on September 22, 2016, 12:48:56 PM
i was totally a believer in the GIS, and i've recorded numerous EVPs myself.

One thing I always thought was weird is that all the voices sound Caucasian... but not that race itself is relevant, I just wouldn't expect the voice of a dead being to come across with any specific accent or ethnic overtone... it's a ghost after all!

And if the voice does come across with ethic overtone, why not any other ethnicity?

ge30542

Quote from: creepygreenlight on September 23, 2016, 01:05:47 PM
One thing I always thought was weird is that all the voices sound Caucasian... but not that race itself is relevant, I just wouldn't expect the voice of a dead being to come across with any specific accent or ethnic overtone... it's a ghost after all!

And if the voice does come across with ethic overtone, why not any other ethnicity?
Art had one show where the voice said, "oh lawdy, it sho am dark over here".
Guess you missed it.

Well most Americans in the past have been white except for Native Americans and I have heard one or two native american evp's.

Lilith

Not only that, but what about other languages?  What about happy ghosts?  Why aren't they sharing any mysteries of the "afterlife"?  My list could go on and on.

I know Jackstar has been asking who killed JFK, among other questions since forever.  You would think at least one evp would answer his questions.

Quote from: ge30542 on September 23, 2016, 02:50:34 PM
Art had one show where the voice said, "oh lawdy, it sho am dark over here".
Guess you missed it.

LOL

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 23, 2016, 02:52:46 PM
Well most Americans in the past have been white except for Native Americans and I have heard one or two native american evp's.

But what about all the prehistoric ghosts?  Any EVPs with just grunting and chest beating?

Quote from: brig on September 23, 2016, 02:58:27 PM
Not only that, but what about other languages?  What about happy ghosts?  Why aren't they sharing any mysteries of the "afterlife"?  My list could go on and on.

I know Jackstar has been asking who killed JFK, among other questions since forever.  You would think at least one evp would answer his questions.

I think I've heard a few where GIS had claimed someone analyzed it and found a foreign language... whatever the case those EVPs sure do creep me out.  I'm not totally sold that it's real, but I will cannot figure out exactly how they would have faked this stuff.

Value Of Pi

Well, lookie there at the TRC. Here I go and point out that the site owner is endorsing a racist meme and giving racists a home, and what does he do? He elevates the quote to TRC.

This is a prince, a man of great self-confidence and magnanimity, able to balance his tolerance for blatant racism with respect for the truth of the situation. In other words, a practical man and a businessman. What a guy.

GravitySucks

Quote from: creepygreenlight on September 23, 2016, 03:08:16 PM
LOL

But what about all the prehistoric ghosts?  Any EVPs with just grunting and chest beating?

I think I've heard a few where GIS had claimed someone analyzed it and found a foreign language... whatever the case those EVPs sure do creep me out.  I'm not totally sold that it's real, but I will cannot figure out exactly how they would have faked this stuff.

I agree. I can listen to them and sometimes I get chills, but I have yet to be able too get the gumption to actually hit the record butoon and start asking questions.

I guess I am not comfortable with the thought of possibly "conjuring" up something.

norland2424

Quote from: Value Of Pi on September 23, 2016, 03:12:38 PM
Well, lookie there at the TRC. Here I go and point out that the site owner is endorsing a racist meme and giving racists a home, and what does he do? He elevates the quote to TRC.

This is a prince, a man of great self-confidence and magnanimity, able to balance his tolerance for blatant racism with respect for the truth of the situation. In other words, a practical man and a businessman. What a guy.

i still dont see any real evidence of it being a racist meme, it has existed for a few years now

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 23, 2016, 03:16:08 PM
I agree. I can listen to them and sometimes I get chills, but I have yet to be able too get the gumption to actually hit the record butoon and start asking questions.

I guess I am not comfortable with the thought of possibly "conjuring" up something.

The problem with EVP's is that it is much like a ouija board.  You are inviting spirits to talk to you.  You have to be careful about what spirits you invite.  You never know when you might come across something awful.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 23, 2016, 12:02:10 AM
It apparently came from a Mario Bava movie, Baron Blood, with Joseph Cotten and Elke Sommer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWo6kTsoiv4

So then the question is, where did the movie people get it? Did they create it themselves or just record it from a source? You know, like a deep hole in the ground.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on September 23, 2016, 03:23:08 PM
So then the question is, where did the movie people get it? Did they create it themselves or just record it from a source? You know, like a deep hole in the ground.

They have their tricks.  Tape loops and overdubbing track over track.