• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Christ on a Bike on May 11, 2018, 09:23:23 AM
Just a hunch, but I don't believe these to be listener submitted photos

I wonder if these dumbass people realize you can’t just use any image grabbed off the web. It’s called copyright. Oh and Brig love your giraffe!

Metron2267

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 11, 2018, 09:09:22 AM
Metron,

If you don't mind me asking..

Are you a supporter of Heather's? Or just trying to figure out what BellGab is all about?  (I don't know if I can answer the second one for you, by the way).

Ha, neither and both!

Heather melted down under pressure and not much more need be said.

I never detected malice in her, in fact her show the night Art went down was one of the most spontaneously (I hope) compassionate live shows I have ever heard.

As for Bellgab, a lot rougher room than the now sclerotic Fantastic Forum, and lacking the softer tone of the Paranormal Forum.

Kind of a fight club for folks who share a nominal interest in the paranormal but have a greater need to act out.

Feel free to riff off this and add your own seasoning.

;)

Metron2267

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 11, 2018, 09:04:45 AM
Welcome to BellGab, you stupid cunt.

Why thank you, you unmitigated anus-head.

Metron2267

Quote from: brig on May 11, 2018, 09:13:38 AM
I think they think this is a Heather Wade fan site,  It would explain the confusion.

#TidePods

Not at all!

Where'd that come from?

Quote from: Christ on a Bike on May 11, 2018, 09:23:23 AM
Just a hunch, but I don't believe these to be listener submitted photos

My hunch too.

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 11, 2018, 07:40:06 AM
Yesterday I predicted webmaster Carl would now be chasing me.
Today he adds LISTENER SUBMITTED PHOTOS to counter by FANBART.
Carl does your legacy have a store yet?
Mine sells this incredible KUP 'O KATHY

#LEGACY

Since Art isn't here to mentor Heather, I think she's latched onto you Bart. She'll become the legacy of the legacy.

Sean92008

Quote from: Lowbot on May 11, 2018, 09:02:34 AM
Hey, does anyone else feel like the bumper music and commercials are quite a bit louder than the actual show since Dave started? My wife keeps rolling over and grumbling, "can you turn that down?" every time there's a break.

It's the patterns and density of the sound that stands out. 

To be honest, the bumper music was not created by a person in the bumper music making business.  The dynamics and frequencies of the human voice contrasted with the rap drum samples (808s???  I HATE that shit)  are just more in your face compared to Dave's calming flow of words. 

For a side by side of something heavily compressed for radio (and great for bumper music) vs something that's too airy...

Tight

https://youtu.be/d_FD015vnqI

Loose (done to back a slam poetry/rapper that I was working with who wanted something from outer space...)
https://soundcloud.com/greenbeatlebass/ambient-g-rub-slow-easy/s-xRUVG

LadyFish

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 11, 2018, 09:26:43 AM

I never detected malice in her, in fact her show the night Art went down was one of the most spontaneously (I hope) compassionate live shows I have ever heard.

What show are you talking about?  She wasn’t live the night that Art died. It was a repeat of open lines when she announced her Area 51 scheme. Her last live MITD show was April 12. She hasn’t don’t an Art tribute show.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 11, 2018, 09:28:10 AM
Why thank you, you unmitigated anus-head.

You know talk like this is a turn-on for some BellGabbers, don’t you?  :P

Metron2267

Quote from: LadyFish on May 11, 2018, 09:36:37 AM
What show are you talking about?  She wasn’t live the night that Art died. It was a repeat of open lines when she announced her Area 51 scheme. Her last live MITD show was April 12. She hasn’t don’t an Art tribute show.

By "went down" I was referring to the night Art had to hit the deck on the way to the studio and Heather called the cops and took over at the mic.

It was in December of 2015, iirc.

Shoot, was it on Pearl Harbor Day?

:o

Metron2267

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 11, 2018, 09:37:11 AM

Just adopting the local culture a wee bit...what could possibly go wrong with that?

;D

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 11, 2018, 09:26:43 AM
Ha, neither and both!

Heather melted down under pressure and not much more need be said.

As for Bellgab, a lot rougher room than the now sclerotic Fantastic Forum, and lacking the softer tone of the Paranormal Forum.

Kind of a fight club for folks who share a nominal interest in the paranormal but have a greater need to act out.

Feel free to riff off this and add your own seasoning.

;)

I do give Heather credit for stepping in when Art quit. It was a lot of pressure. It is also a lot of pressure to do a live program 5 days a week. Then asking her to go to 5 hours a night when RCH left, but settled on 4.

She really did respond but it went to her head. You know, the legacy thing.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 11, 2018, 09:37:11 AM

SV just considers that pillow talk. He's quite the hard core dirty talker when he's had a Bacardi and coke.

Metron2267

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on May 11, 2018, 09:40:54 AM

I do give Heather credit for stepping in when Art quit. It was a lot of pressure. It is also a lot of pressure to do a live program 5 days a week. Then asking her to go to 5 hours a night when RCH left, but settled on 4.

No argument there.

But for sure Art laid the groundwork for that co-dependency and the resultant meltdown. Inadvertently I suspect, but what's done is done.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 11, 2018, 09:39:27 AM
By "went down" I was referring to the night Art had to hit the deck on the way to the studio and Heather called the cops and took over at the mic. Invented the totally made up story of a stalker; Heather (seemingly miles away) called the police who found nothing, and the two of them ran with this bullshit for several weeks inspiring quite a 'truth/lie 'discussion' on here.

It was in December of 2015, iirc.

Shoot, was it on Pearl Harbor Day?

:o

FIFY.

Metron2267

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 11, 2018, 09:42:28 AM

SV just considers that pillow talk. He's quite the hard core dirty talker when he's had a Bacardi and coke.

Aha!

So which adult beverage fuels your Trumpian disinfo rants, Yp?

Sean92008

I think the speculation is strong (at least pointed in the right direction) that Art's game plan was to bring Heather into the fold from the very beginning.  I mean, test show co-host, yeah...

It is VERY HARD TO BELIEVE that Heather was unaware of the long-term game plan and her whole "stepping in" narrative is false and manipulative.  It doesn't conjure a sympathetic reaction although it sure looked like that was the plan.  "Poor Art, being shot at; poor Heather has to come in without experience..."  It was bullshit and is part of the #LEGACY.

That photo of Art, standing outside in the evening with daughter Asia, was proof that he did not take the threat of a sniper/assassin seriously...

PChirp

Quote from: brig on May 11, 2018, 08:56:59 AM

#TidePods

Great one, brig!  Haven't seen the giraffe before.   :D

Mega Ditto #TidePods

Metron2267

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 11, 2018, 09:45:13 AM

FIFY.

Was it really necessary to alter my post or has your MITD subscription simply lapsed?

Jackstar

I do give Heather credit for stepping in when Art quit. It was a lot of pressure. It is also a lot of pressure to do [...] (y)ou know, the legacy thing.

Things are tough all over.

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 11, 2018, 09:51:07 AM
Was it really necessary to alter my post

You'll get used to it. It doesn't have its own words.

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 11, 2018, 09:44:01 AM
No argument there.

But for sure Art laid the groundwork for that co-dependency and the resultant meltdown. Inadvertently I suspect, but what's done is done.

I agree. Art set her up.

Metron2267

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 11, 2018, 09:49:23 AM
I think the speculation is strong (at least pointed in the right direction) that Art's game plan was to bring Heather into the fold from the very beginning.  I mean, test show co-host, yeah...

Entirely plausible and also sensible given his health and age.

As I noted Hoaxie got winded by late night talk as well.

QuoteIt is VERY HARD TO BELIEVE that Heather was unaware of the long-term game plan and her whole "stepping in" narrative is false and manipulative.  It doesn't conjure a sympathetic reaction although it sure looked like that was the plan.  "Poor Art, being shot at; poor Heather has to come in without experience..."  It was bullshit and is part of the #LEGACY.

Then you'd have to credit Heather with a darned fine performance, and yet I doubt that will occur...

QuoteThat photo of Art, standing outside in the evening with daughter Asia, was proof that he did not take the threat of a sniper/assassin seriously...

Even a person with a stalker(s) has to be able to try and live a quasi-normal life.

You really have you some unusually long term Art/Heather hate still going full bore.

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on May 11, 2018, 09:52:21 AM

Things are tough all over.

You'll get used to it. It doesn't have its own words.

<chuckle>

So noted.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 11, 2018, 09:56:31 AM
Entirely plausible and also sensible given his health and age.

As I noted Hoaxie got winded by late night talk as well.

Then you'd have to credit Heather with a darned fine performance, and yet I doubt that will occur...

Even a person with a stalker(s) has to be able to try and live a quasi-normal life.

You really have you some unusually long term Art/Heather hate still going full bore.

You should have been lurking 3 years ago. The place was really hopping!

Metron2267

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on May 11, 2018, 09:54:55 AM

I agree. Art set her up.

Just to qualify that, not with any apparent malice.

And the same goes for the quick rebound with Airyn.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 11, 2018, 09:51:07 AM
Was it really necessary to alter my post or has your MITD subscription simply lapsed?

For a newbie you're very keen at calling the odds. A good salesman uses their ears and mouth in the same proportion they're affixed to the head; I suggest you do the same.

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 11, 2018, 09:49:23 AM

It is VERY HARD TO BELIEVE that Heather was unaware of the long-term game plan and her whole "stepping in" narrative is false and manipulative.  It doesn't conjure a sympathetic reaction although it sure looked like that was the plan.  "Poor Art, being shot at; poor Heather has to come in without experience..."  It was bullshit and is part of the #LEGACY.

That photo of Art, standing outside in the evening with daughter Asia, was proof that he did not take the threat of a sniper/assassin seriously...

Yes, that "keeping the seat warm" line was BS. I always wondered if Art was capable of stepping in, why didn't he? A show or two per month would have helped keep subscribers. He never did. Heather knew he wouldn't but she still kept up the lie.

Metron2267

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 11, 2018, 09:57:53 AM
You should have been lurking 3 years ago. The place was really hopping!

I should take some time dredging through the archives, or perhaps not...

This was always the least stable of the Art forums anyway.