• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight in the Desert Guest Recommendations

Started by Chronaut, August 22, 2015, 05:29:02 PM

Chronaut

Quote from: michio on August 23, 2015, 07:54:04 AM
Suggested guests for MitD to follow....
I like all of those recommendations michio - my personal bias leans strongly in favor of accomplished and reputable professionals with a strong foundation in science and analytical reasoning, so I'd be delighted to hear all of those guests on the show.  i especially enjoyed Art's chemistry with Lisa Randall - his last interview with her was both illuminating and charming, and Lawrence Krauss is another brilliant mind and magnificent speaker.

serenity

so far I really only have two so far.

Chase Kloetzke from MUFON
And either Tim Weisberg or Stephanie Burke from Spooky South Coast.

Just my ideas

Morgus

Apollo 14 Astronaut Edgar Mitchell  - hasn't been on with Art since the late 1990s. He was in the news recently with new revelations about ETs.
John Lear - a classic guest who hasn't been on with Art for several years.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Chronaut on August 23, 2015, 06:58:49 PM
I'm sorry that you don't seem to welcome that feedback, or perhaps simply my allegiance to my own opinions - but I nevertheless encourage you and other members to critique my recommendations, and those of one another.  I think that some constructive debate is both healthy and productive, and will help to establish a sense of consensus that (Redacted) may find to be quite useful.
I absolutely welcome feedback and I applaud your allegiance to your own opinion (please re-read my post).  It is your, apparent, invalidation of posts that you do not agree with that caused my concern.

That being said, This is an excellent thread and I enjoy participating in it.

indigoo

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on August 23, 2015, 08:24:00 PM
Blanche Barton again.  :)

Let's get some different guests before we start recycling, please.

starrmtn001

I would so LOVE it, if Art could get Phil Hendrie to come on Midnight In The Desert! ;D

Auslandia

Chase Kloetzke has her own show on KGRA and it's kind of annoying. 

Quote from: indigoo on August 23, 2015, 08:30:49 PM
Let's get some different guests before we start recycling, please.

I was kidding. You're welcome.

Auslandia

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 23, 2015, 08:44:45 PM
I would so LOVE it, if Art could get Phil Hendrie to come on Midnight In The Desert! ;D

That would be cool.  I love Phil but have you ever heard him interviewed?  He totally takes charge of the mix and doesn't let anyone get a word in lol.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Auslandia on August 23, 2015, 09:06:26 PM
That would be cool.  I love Phil but have you ever heard him interviewed?  He totally takes charge of the mix and doesn't let anyone get a word in lol.
I'd be more concerned about Phil speaking in Art's voice.  How would one know who is speaking? ;D

Juan Cena

Former ESPN golden boy Bill Simmons. He and Art can spend three hours griping on the evils of corporate media.

Chronaut

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 23, 2015, 09:10:09 PM
I'd be more concerned about Phil speaking in Art's voice.  How would one know who is speaking? ;D
Haha - why had that not occurred to me:  the comic potential is priceless!  If Hendrie resists, we'll have to send a detachment of rabid Art Bell fanatics to conscript him =)

311guy1

I don't think Art has ever done a show specially about the Rendlesham incident. One of the best cases with good witnesses in my opinion.

John Rohdes telling his batshit theories about Dulce would make an entertaining show as well.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 311guy1 on August 24, 2015, 08:18:56 AM
I don't think Art has ever done a show specially about the Rendlesham incident. One of the best cases with good witnesses in my opinion.

I'd be surprised if he hasn't but you may well be right. Georgina Bruni was the one that would usually pop up on shows to talk about it, but she is no longer with us. Peter Robbins is someone who wrote a very long book about it so I guess he'd be the one to go for if they did a show. He's a bit of a gasbag and Art might have to try and rein him in a bit. I don't know of anyone else who has looked into it all that much.

The big thing about that case is whether it is all some kind of psy-op. It's hard to be sure if they saw something genuine or were part of a test to see how they would react. It might be interesting for someone who has never heard it before but it is a bit played out for me.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 23, 2015, 08:44:45 PM

I know Art makes a point of saying that he likes Phil and all that, but I'm not sure how much affection you can really feel for someone who has taken the piss out of you and your career for so many years. Also, I don't know what they'd find to talk about for very long, unless they are going to bore the ass off us talking about their battles with the radio industry. I have never heard Phil demonstrate any interest in the paranormal and I don't think Art is the type to play along with a Phil bit, and I don't think Phil would like it either.

It's one of those ideas that sound great in theory but I can't see working in practice.

311guy1

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 24, 2015, 08:31:18 AM
I'd be surprised if he hasn't but you may well be right.

I can remember an old show where a caller asked Art about the incident, and he had no idea what the caller was talking about. I know Charles Halt and Jim Borroughs, two of the witness have been on c2c with either Knapp or Snorry. It would be cool to hear Halt, Burroughs, and Penniston, the three best witnesses, to be on all at once.

311guy1

Quote from: AceAzzameen on August 24, 2015, 08:52:44 AM
I'd love a kooky Dulce base episode.

I'm not sure if Art's ever done a show dedicated to Dulce, either. John Lear and John Rhodes have some crazy ideas about the area, and the supposed "firefight" that went on in the late 70's between military and aliens inside a large mesa.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 24, 2015, 08:31:18 AM
I'd be surprised if he hasn't but you may well be right. Georgina Bruni was the one that would usually pop up on shows to talk about it, but she is no longer with us. Peter Robbins is someone who wrote a very long book about it so I guess he'd be the one to go for if they did a show. He's a bit of a gasbag and Art might have to try and rein him in a bit. I don't know of anyone else who has looked into it all that much.

The big thing about that case is whether it is all some kind of psy-op. It's hard to be sure if they saw something genuine or were part of a test to see how they would react. It might be interesting for someone who has never heard it before but it is a bit played out for me.

There have been a half dozen or so books on Rendlesham, the best probably that by Nick Pope.  Agree with you about Peter Robbins, nothing he loves to hear more than the sound of his own voice.  Personally, rather than waste time with researchers and writers, I'd perfer Art to have on the actual former USAF members who witnessed the events.  All of them are still alive, and have done a number of radio and TV programs over the years. 

There is apparently a good amount of animosity among various principals from Rendlesham, at least some of it comes off sounding money driven.  A year or so ago Jimmy Church did three shows in about a one month period where he had all the primary players (except Col Halt) on as guests (along with researchers Robbins and Pope). If Rendlesham interests you, you'd find the shows noteworthy.  What I'd really like to see is Art get behind a Rendlesham conference, an opportunity to get all those guys (experiencers, not researchers) on one stage with Art as moderator.  I think it would be the single largest event in the history of ufology, and could be webcast around the world.  Jimmy Church talked about this, but didn't have the horsepower to make it happen.   Hope this can happen before these guys start to die, it's had to believe this event happened 35 yrs ago so these guys aren't getting any younger.

chefist

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 24, 2015, 01:34:25 PM
What I'd really like to see is Art get behind a Rendlesham conference, an opportunity to get all those guys (experiencers, not researchers) on one stage with Art as moderator.  I think it would be the single largest event in the history of ufology, and could be webcast around the world. 

Especially if you could get Col. Holt with all of them...I hope Art can (Red) take these type of ideas seriously...out of the box thinking...I would still keep it on MITD though...it would just build the brand! Great idea!

Uncle Duke

Quote from: chefist on August 24, 2015, 01:41:25 PM
Especially if you could get Col. Holt with all of them...I hope Art can (Red) take these type of ideas seriously...out of the box thinking...I would still keep it on MITD though...it would just build the brand! Great idea!

Halt is actually fairly accessible, I've heard/seen him several times on various programs.  In a perfect world keeping it within the context of MITD would be great,  but I don't think (at least) some of these guys would do this for free.  Sadly Rendlesham has, like Roswell, evolved into something of a cottage industry.  The difference is all the principles are still alive, thus saving us from having to hear third/fourth hand stories from Stanton Friedman's gardener.

chefist

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 24, 2015, 01:50:05 PM
Halt is actually fairly accessible, I've heard/seen him several times on various programs.  In a perfect world keeping it within the context of MITD would be great,  but I don't think (at least) some of these guys would do this for free.  Sadly Rendlesham has, like Roswell, evolved into something of a cottage industry.  The difference is all the principles are still alive, thus saving us from having to hear third/fourth hand stories from Stanton Friedman's gardener.

I'm almost sure Art would not pay anyone to be on his show...that is very rare in show biz for that to happen...usually it's a quid pro quot...interesting guest on show to get ratings, then they pitch a book, movie, conference, etc...

Uncle Duke

Quote from: chefist on August 24, 2015, 02:07:05 PM
I'm almost sure Art would not pay anyone to be on his show...that is very rare in show biz for that to happen...usually it's a quid pro quot...interesting guest on show to get ratings, then they pitch a book, movie, conference, etc...

That's why I think this would have to be undertaken outside the context of MITD, the more mercenary of these guys would expect to be paid.

Faustina

Any of the speakers at this conference would be great on MITD, I think.  Hugh Newman, one of the speakers, has been on c2c discussing Indigo Children (but not for a couple of years).

http://www.megalithomania.co.uk/speakersnew.html

henge0stone

Quote from: 311guy1 on August 24, 2015, 08:18:56 AM

John Rohdes telling his batshit theories about Dulce would make an entertaining show as well.

You now I never heard a show on the Rendlesham incident. Think most of the guys are alive, he should get on that. Lots of people say its as if not more credible than roswell.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: henge0stone on August 24, 2015, 05:12:56 PM
You now I never heard a show on the Rendlesham incident. Think most of the guys are alive, he should get on that. Lots of people say its as if not more credible than roswell.

Great idea.

Within ten years, we'll start to see the Rendlesham scammers coming out of the woodwork. 

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 24, 2015, 06:00:24 PM
Great idea.

Within ten years, we'll start to see the Rendlesham scammers coming out of the woodwork.
Haven't we seen some of that already, at least a bit? The binary-code download, at least as I recall, was a 'later recollection' deal. I could be wrong. But I did hear that the VA finally was going to cover Burroughs heart problems (he says caused by radiation due to the incident?) I could be confusing cases. I like your idea because the incident was interesting and people still alive and Art should visit the incident.