• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Are you prepping for ebola?

Started by area51drone, October 17, 2014, 12:28:46 PM

analog kid

Duct tape, plastic wrap and lots of Alex Jones.

Quote from: Tarbaby on October 17, 2014, 04:44:10 PM
I have sometimes thought of looking into that white chocolate issue. Is there actually any chocolate in a white chocolate candy bar?I thought chocolate was innately brown.

It depends if you're a chocolate purist or not.  Real white chocolate is made from cocoa butter, so it still takes from the cacao bean but some don't consider it chocolate since it doesn't contain the brown (chocolately) part of the cacao nibs.

btw, if you press all the cocoa butter out of a cacao bean, you just end up with the cocoa powder you use in baking so white chocolate is effectively just regular chocolate without cocoa powder.

Quote from: Kelt on October 17, 2014, 03:25:27 PM
I particularly like the way the products are horrendously blurry, just in case the products you get don't quite match the products you thought you were getting.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall when they start fighting over the protective suit and the face mask.

Quote from: area51drone on October 17, 2014, 01:54:03 PM
Tons of it.  In the business, we simply call it ERP.  You'd be shocked at the demand.

JBW won't sell that stuff because it inevitably results in a loss of essence.

Kelt

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 17, 2014, 07:10:48 PM
I'd like to be a fly on the wall when they start fighting over the protective suit and the face mask.

I don't think I'd put up too much of a fight over who gets to wear the 5 dollar disposable Tyvek onesie if it came right down to it.

Gd5150

I rented a few movies on VHS so I'll have something to do. Figured with the collapse of society we'll have to go back to basics.

eddie dean

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 17, 2014, 03:58:53 PM
That won't be nearly enough to destroy all the viruses.

Go ahead Ebola, make my day!
[attachimg=1]

Zoo

First off I will be needing everyones name and home address, as well as a complete inventory of all medical, weapons, and food supply you have. This is for your protection and the security of your family. We will be their within 24hrs with a team of qualified professionals to help you and your family relocate to one of our death I mean Happy Camps where you will be placed with other Patriotic people such as your self. We would like to thank you in advance for compliance.

Sincerely Yours
The Elite!!1 

Kelt

WOTR

Not more than 3 hours ago I was in a Tyvek suit, gloves and a respirator that is rated for everything known to man up to and including escape purposes from a H2S environment.  I joked with my coworker that I was ready for Ebola and he reminded me that protocol now states that my mask and glasses no longer cut it.  To answer the question, I have enough crap that I can probably almost survive the zombie apocalypse unscathed.  It was not bought as "prepper" supplies- but collected over the years of doing stupid jobs.  I will not explain the reason here, but I even have a body bag which has only had one use.

Also, Wells is selling a kit that includes powder free exam gloves?  Any idea how quickly those things tear in regular use?  Oh, and 20 vitamin D tablets... Why no Turmeric?

Kelt

Quote from: wotr1 on October 17, 2014, 08:36:07 PM
Not more than 3 hours ago I was in a Tyvek suit, gloves and a respirator that is rated for everything known to man up to and including escape purposes from a H2S environment.  I joked with my coworker that I was ready for Ebola and he reminded me that protocol now states that my mask and glasses no longer cut it.  To answer the question, I have enough crap that I can probably almost survive the zombie apocalypse unscathed.  It was not bought as "prepper" supplies- but collected over the years of doing stupid jobs.  I will not explain the reason here, but I even have a body bag which has only had one use.

Also, Wells is selling a kit that includes powder free exam gloves?  Any idea how quickly those things tear in regular use?  Oh, and 20 vitamin D tablets... Why no Turmeric?

Why this is exactly what we'll need if any biological outbreak is, say, weapons grade Sneezies that has escaped from a kid's 'My First Chemistry Setâ,,¢'.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 17, 2014, 03:58:53 PM
That won't be nearly enough to destroy all the viruses.

Then how much is enough?  Please tell me before it's too late!  I'm only imploring you because Mom said the same thing the other day and I didn't pay it any mind. She's been slipping lately, so I dismissed it as just another one of her little fantasies, like the one where she accuses me of using the power of attorney I absolutely did not strong-arm her into granting me to steal her life savings, sell her luxury retirement condo on Sanibel Island for a handsome profit,  and put her in a county home in Mississippi as an indigent.  That's just a lot of crazy talk. 

albrecht

I have bunch of rolls of the Tyvek tape used to seal weather barriers in house construction. Reckon I could make a make-shift Tyvek suit out of that? Sort of a new-age mummy to fight the Ebola? I figure to tape it on over a jumpsuit- lest it taking if off is painful and I would be hairless once I have one the battle with the Ebola.

Kelt

Quote from: albrecht on October 17, 2014, 03:52:48 PM
Haha, good point. I just thought it was bad website design but I think your point might be right. Those 3M disposable thermometers look sort of cool though. Never seen that before. I know the rare time I wonder if I have a temp I can never find my thermometer and when I do it is hard to read. And too lazy to buy a new fancy digital one that I will never or rarely use (at least until the Ebola visits!)

I always insist on rectal thermometers.

I might be feverish, but that's no reason not to have fun.

Quote from: Kelt on October 17, 2014, 09:07:50 PM

Which is why you've been banned from Applebee's, I reckon.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 17, 2014, 09:03:17 PM

Then how much is enough?  Please tell me before it's too late!  I'm only imploring you because Mom said the same thing the other day and I didn't pay it any mind. She's been slipping lately, so I dismissed it as just another one of her little fantasies, like the one where she accuses me of using the power of attorney I absolutely did not strong-arm her into granting me to steal her life savings, sell her luxury retirement condo on Sanibel Island for a handsome profit,  and put her in a county home in Mississippi as an indigent.  That's just a lot of crazy talk.

::)

Quote from: wotr1 on October 17, 2014, 08:36:07 PM

Sure, go ahead and rub our noses in our inferior preparedness.  Go ahead and gloat for now.  But, assuming  you "probably almost survive the zombie" or any other kind of apocalypse, what then?  Will your suit protect you from bullets, blades, blunt instruments, toe cutters, zombie bites, and all the other perils the Hellscape has in store for you??  Maybe the lucky ones will be those who won't survive, because they'll be spared the horrors you're sure to encounter in a world you won't recognize.  Did you think of that, Mr. Smartypants?  Did you?

QuoteAlso, Wells is selling a kit that includes powder free exam gloves?  Any idea how quickly those things tear in regular use?  Oh, and 20 vitamin D tablets... Why no Turmeric?

Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Veagas with all that stuff!  Praise the Lord and pass the 5,000 IU Vitamin D! 

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 17, 2014, 09:28:49 PM
::)

I wasn't implying that you're as crazy as my mom, GNP, because you're not even close. I just want to know how much more ammo I'm going to need to stop all the Ebola germs.  Thanks in advance!   :)

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 17, 2014, 10:16:43 PM
I wasn't implying that you're as crazy as my mom, GNP, because you're not even close. I just want to know how much more ammo I'm going to need to stop all the Ebola germs.  Thanks in advance!   :)

Thanks RGG.  Sometimes I wonder myself.  In any case, I know what it is like to look after a parent experiencing dementia and other issues so I hope you and your mother are making out okay.

I don't know about the Ebola.. I guess it depends how closely the viruses congregate.  Let's say you can take out anywhere between one and a million per round?  That's still a lot of bullets.  Maybe Eddie's idea was to use his weapons so he could establish a defensive perimeter that would prevent the Ebola zombies from even thinking about entering.  That would probably be a more efficient use of ammunition than my method.

eddie dean

Quote from: Kelt on October 17, 2014, 09:07:50 PM

I might be feverish, but that's no reason not to have fun.

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 17, 2014, 09:21:21 PM
Which is why you've been banned from Applebee's, I reckon.

Try Denny's.  I believe the Slam "Moons Over My Hammie Salmonella" comes with a rectal thermometer. :D

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 17, 2014, 10:39:09 PM
Thanks RGG.  Sometimes I wonder myself.  In any case, I know what it is like to look after a parent experiencing dementia and other issues so I hope you and your mother are making out okay.

I don't know about the Ebola.. I guess it depends how closely the viruses congregate.  Let's say you can take out anywhere between one and a million per round?  That's still a lot of bullets.  Maybe Eddie's idea was to use his weapons so he could establish a defensive perimeter that would prevent the Ebola zombies from even thinking about entering.  That would probably be a more efficient use of ammunition than my method.

Mom and I are just fine, thanks!  She appreciates your concern much more than I ever will.  And everything I did was for her own good and completely legal, no matter what she says. Sometimes she she seems lucid, but it's all an act.  Trust me.

And thanks for the ammo info!  FYI, in case you didn't know, Martha Stewart recommends soaking your bullets in pure bleach, or some other powerful household germicide, so they don't get infected by the ebolas they hit.  I don't know if it will work, but it can't hurt to try.

Yorkshire pud

A couple of things if I may; I don't want anyone to think JBW and others are using the ignorence and lack of the guilible people's ability to process information, to cynically cash in on stupidity. No way.

Secondly, viruses have DNA. Chromosomes are very very small, easilly mislaid and therefore immune to bullets. Seriously.

But don't let any of that stop needless and expensve investment in fashion killing Tyvek suits. Not a good look.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 18, 2014, 12:04:48 AM
Mom and I are just fine, thanks!  She appreciates your concern much more than I ever will.  And everything I did was for her own good and completely legal, no matter what she says. Sometimes she she seems lucid, but it's all an act.  Trust me.

And thanks for the ammo info!  FYI, in case you didn't know, Martha Stewart recommends soaking your bullets in pure bleach, or some other powerful household germicide, so they don't get infected by the ebolas they hit.  I don't know if it will work, but it can't hurt to try.

The way to test that theory is dip nails in the germicide and crucify mice to the shed door. If they die from infection it's obviously yet another kooky idea you're falling for. I wish I could be there to protct you from yourself. Seriously.

area51drone

I read this article on preppers which prompted me to post this thread in the first place.  It that said 3% of the population considered themselves preppers.   After the responses here, my guess is that it was probably about right.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 18, 2014, 12:04:48 AM

Everything changes once she's gone, so make the most of it!

QuoteAnd thanks for the ammo info!  FYI, in case you didn't know, Martha Stewart recommends soaking your bullets in pure bleach, or some other powerful household germicide, so they don't get infected by the ebolas they hit.  I don't know if it will work, but it can't hurt to try.

Hmm.. that's a good idea.  Soaking garlic in a bleach or alcohol solution before planting works, so why not bullets?  Nah, wait a minute.  My garlic plants still got a parasite so I guess it's not bulletproof.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 18, 2014, 12:11:32 AM
A couple of things if I may; I don't want anyone to think JBW and others are using the ignorence and lack of the guilible people's ability to process information, to cynically cash in on stupidity. No way.

Secondly, viruses have DNA. Chromosomes are very very small, easilly mislaid and therefore immune to bullets. Seriously.

But don't let any of that stop needless and expensve investment in fashion killing Tyvek suits. Not a good look.

That's just crazy talk.  There's nothing bullets can't solve.

wr250

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 18, 2014, 12:11:32 AM

many virii have no DNA , instead they have RNA

Tyvek suits are overrated. our robotic overlords will be sending in the terminators. 

Quote from: area51drone on October 18, 2014, 12:19:25 AM
I read this article on preppers which prompted me to post this thread in the first place.  It that said 3% of the population considered themselves preppers.   After the responses here, my guess is that it was probably about right.

That is around 9 million people. That is more people than I expected.