• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: Here We Go Again on April 27, 2017, 11:36:45 AM
Then poor "Geno" (George Noory) gets "burned" for the 1967 "Thespian" Drama Club group photo. With the photographer failing to assess the shot before capturing the moment, not instructing Geno to move a bit to his right so his face wouldn't be obscured as it appears in the final print.

Um, photographer: Have those standing in the back row move closer together so those standing the middle row won't obscure their faces or have some cropped out of shot. Just an idea!

Again, try to spot "Geno" himself before falling back on the tagline:

George's career sprung from a HS drama club that either didn't care enough, or didn't have the ability to properly stage a group photo.  That sounds right.

Quote from: ItsOver on April 27, 2017, 01:53:12 PM
I kind of like " Guido DiMaggio."  Go with it, Guido.

You nailed it. Perhaps some caller will "slip through the cracks" on open lines one night and state he is "Guido DiMaggio" from Dearborn, Michigan. Then see "Geno" (George Noory) fail to make the connection and not know that was once him at age 17 or so.

Yes, the idea of George Noory (Geno) as "Guido DiMaggio" can still hold up to this day! Your instincts are good: Add that to his ever0growing list of aliases and "stage personas."

I can hear it now. The orator declaring: "From Premiere Networks. Presenting Coast To Coast AM with Guido DiMaggio." LOL! After slipping past senior producer Tom Danheiser and how 'dare" that got on the air! But we hope it does!

ItsOver

Quote from: Here We Go Again on April 27, 2017, 02:48:05 PM
You nailed it. Perhaps some caller will "slip through the cracks" on open lines one night and state he is "Guido DiMaggio" from Dearborn, Michigan. Then see "Geno" (George Noory) fail to make the connection and not know that was once him at age 17 or so.

I can hear it now. The orator declaring: "From Premiere Networks. Presenting Coast To Coast AM with Guido DiMaggio." LOL! After slipping past senior producer Tom Danheiser and how 'dare" that got on the air! But we hope it does!
LOL. Live!  With Guido!

Quote from: Here We Go Again on April 27, 2017, 12:45:25 PM
I couldn't help my sorry self. Cutting down "George Noory" into "Geno" was my sin for the day. I should feel ashamed -- but I admit I am not!
George Sorry !!!!!

Quote from: Here We Go Again on April 27, 2017, 01:18:36 PM
"Anything Goes" all. With a supporting role by George Noory. Harvey S. Lowery High School. April 13, 14 and 15, 1967.

Odd how the performer statement on the program for George Noory fails to mentions his supposed "baseball star status" for the high school as he claimed on air a while back. That's not a lie, is it? Further, in his junior year, Noory's statement makes no mention of being "pre-dental" and lists broadcasting as his intended area of study in college. I thought he claimed he changed his major later, like two years into college? Huh?

<<BEGIN QUOTE>> GEORGE NOORY : George began his career in drama last fall as L'e'iutenant Guido DiMaggio in "Rally 'Round The Flag Boys". He also appeared in Dearborn Civic Theatre's "Carousel". George is also a member of Lowrey's Men's Glee Club. He is sixteen years old, a junior, and plans on a career in radio and TV broadcasting. <<END QUOTE>>

Um, no mention of that "collegiate-athletic scholarship" potential he brags about on air in his older age? Huh? No mention of him playing any sports, from his high school's own program? What went wrong there? A victim of some conspiracy even at age 16 to deny him his self-exalted status as a standout athlete? So good, he claimes today, he even was going to seek a tryout for the Major-League Baseball (MLB) Detroit Tigers at the time? Straight out of high school into the pros as he claims?  Huh? "Truth" huh?

Add "Moonface Martin" to George Noory's long list of aliases.

http://warmgear.com/LHS/AnythingGoesLHS1968.pdf

You are quite the dirt digger on Guido!  Impressive.

Quote from: Here We Go Again on April 27, 2017, 12:45:25 PM
I couldn't help my sorry self. Cutting down "George Noory" into "Geno" was my sin for the day. I should feel ashamed -- but I admit I am not!
I liked it.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Dateline on April 27, 2017, 01:13:07 PM
A couple of days ago, following up with the article about I-Heart might not lasting another year due to the debt owed, I read one at Salon about how it affected the syndicated hosts.  This article specifically addressed  Rush and Hannity, but Norry would be included, too.  It stated that they might have to renegotiate their contracts for lesser amounts if the company were to go into bankruptcy. 

I would think that I-Heart making the brazen statements that it did about their financial picture is true and may happen sooner than later.  They may renegotiate the debt, but they have literally billions of dollars due in 2019, without the operating income or assets to begin to cover that amount.  It is just symbolic on the retrenchment of our whole economy. 

I don't know if the future of this host or any of the hosts is solid at this point.

Somehow it will turn out Rush and Hannity will take the brunt of the cuts and Noory actually gets a small raise.

NoMoreNoory

Good to know that Dr Dao and United have reached an 'amical[sic] resolution'.

Dateline

PremRat is the Faux News of the radio word, compare to the complaints made on Bill O'Reilly and they did nothing for years.

ItsOver

I just tuned in.  I figured Jorch wouldn't start Linda until the second hour.  Beeeeeeeeeeees.

GravitySucks

Not sure where the problems are being seen with the bees. I have had 4 different hives I have had to deal with in my home in the last two years.

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 28, 2017, 12:23:28 AM
Not sure where the problems are being seen with the bees. I have had 4 different hives I have had to deal with in my home in the last two years.

I've seen lots of bees this year too.

ItsOver

So much for the bees.  On to human abductions!

zeebo

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 28, 2017, 12:23:28 AM

In any case I'm still stocking up on Honey Nut Cheerios.

Rico999

Quote from: Here We Go Again on April 27, 2017, 01:18:36 PM
"Anything Goes" all. With a supporting role by George Noory. Harvey S. Lowery High School. April 13, 14 and 15, 1967.

Odd how the performer statement on the program for George Noory fails to mentions his supposed "baseball star status" for the high school as he claimed on air a while back. That's not a lie, is it? Further, in his junior year, Noory's statement makes no mention of being "pre-dental" and lists broadcasting as his intended area of study in college. I thought he claimed he changed his major later, like two years into college? Huh?

<<BEGIN QUOTE>> GEORGE NOORY : George began his career in drama last fall as L'e'iutenant Guido DiMaggio in "Rally 'Round The Flag Boys". He also appeared in Dearborn Civic Theatre's "Carousel". George is also a member of Lowrey's Men's Glee Club. He is sixteen years old, a junior, and plans on a career in radio and TV broadcasting. <<END QUOTE>>

Um, no mention of that "collegiate-athletic scholarship" potential he brags about on air in his older age? Huh? No mention of him playing any sports, from his high school's own program? What went wrong there? A victim of some conspiracy even at age 16 to deny him his self-exalted status as a standout athlete? So good, he claimes today, he even was going to seek a tryout for the Major-League Baseball (MLB) Detroit Tigers at the time? Straight out of high school into the pros as he claims?  Huh? "Truth" huh?

Add "Moonface Martin" to George Noory's long list of aliases.

http://warmgear.com/LHS/AnythingGoesLHS1968.pdf

He might've been "beaned" in Little League and is still "seeing stars"  Come to think of it, the "beaned" theory kind of explains a lot of things about George....

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on April 28, 2017, 12:34:33 AM
In any case I'm still stocking up on Honey Nut Cheerios.
I hope it goes well with Black Cherry Super beets.  Yum.

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 28, 2017, 12:35:24 AM
What the hell is this gay song?
LOL.  Even Linda is praying for Lady in Red after that Jorch selection.

Intruders was a great read.  Really freaky story.

Zenman

Cool. Just rolled in. LMH is perfect for the Friday night beer and adjustable lounger.

Except that it's still Thursday.

TigerLily

Just now snuggling in for The Linda Show. Turned on just in time to hear Vive L'Amour. Cheesy, slimy Jorch. Back to the porch

Quote from: ItsOver on April 28, 2017, 12:37:20 AM
LOL.  Even Linda is praying for Lady in Red after that Jorch selection.

He is such a white-bread square.  He's the sort that beatniks and greasers used to make fun of and crack jokes.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 28, 2017, 12:47:30 AM
He is such a white-bread square.  He's the sort that beatniks and greasers used to make fun of and crack jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5USqOOf6RUM

Quote from: TigerLily on April 28, 2017, 12:46:10 AM
Just now snuggling in for The Linda Show. Turned on just in time to hear Vive L'Amour. Cheesy, slimy Jorch. Back to the porch

Hi, TL.  :D  Yeah that tune had me gagging.

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 28, 2017, 12:47:30 AM
Jorch must have been beaten on a daily basis in the boys restroom by the cool kids in his high school.  Too bad it didn't help any.

Zenman

I think we're all hybrids. 98% chimpanzee and 2% Bighead Alien, from the Great Galactic Genetic Experiments of 2 Million BC.

ItsOver

Quote from: Zenman on April 28, 2017, 12:54:00 AM
I think we're all hybrids. 98% chimpanzee and 2% Bighead Alien, from the Great Galactic Genetic Experiments of 2 Million BC.
I'd say Jorch is 98% moron and 2% turkee sammiches.