• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

morphiaflow

Quote from: ItsOver on November 14, 2013, 03:11:34 PM
Glad to see you posted that, DPN.  Morphiaflow did a great job in explaining what is behind some of our views with Noory.  There is just WHOLE lot to the entire situation.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I was just trying to get across what I felt was important, some of which seems to me to be getting lost.

Spinner

Please email these people today during business hours.
Write "Free Art Bell on the subject line so they will read that even if they don't open the email.

Send "Free Art Bell" messages to:

SIRIUSXM:

Twitter: @SiriusXM

James E. Meyer  (Chief Executive Officer)
James.Meyer@siriusxm.com

Scott Greenstein  (President and Chief Content Officer)
Scott.Greenstein@siriusxm.com

Kenny Curtis  (Senior Director, Entertainment Programming)
Kenny.Curtis@siriusxm.com

SiriusXM Listener Care:  customercare@siriusxm.com
Call Listener Care (866)528-7474

TALKERS MAGAZINE:

Twitter:  @talkersmagazine

Editor and Publisher: Michael Harrison  michael@talkers.com

Vice President and Executive Editor: Kevin Casey  kevin@talkers.com

Vice President and Associate Publisher: Matthew Harrison  matthew@talkers.com

Managing Editor and West Coast Bureau: Mike Kinosian kinosian@talkers.com

Executive Assistant to the Publisher and Business Manager
Barbara Kurland  barbara@talkers.com

Assistant Editor:  Beverly Santaniello   bev@atouchofgrey.com

INSIDE RADIO

Twitter:  @InsideRadio

Senior Editor/Newsroom: Paul Heine  (800) 275-2840 x703
paul@insideradio.com

Managing Editor/Newsroom: Frank Saxe (800) 275-2840 x 702
frank@insideradio.com

General Manager/Publisher: Gene McKay  (800) 248-4242 x711
genemckay@insideradio.com

Operations Manager/Art Director: Kelli Grisez  (800) 248-4242 x704   
kelli@insideradio.com

Keep up the pressure, but please be polite.
All we want is for Sirius to release Art from his Non-compete clause.
And also spread Rossy's video.

Redwolf

Awesome image Philosopher!! You inspired me... ;D
[attach=1]

morphiaflow

Is it me or are some posts in this thread disappearing?

I've watched and read through this thread with epic fascination. Look, the streaming issues and the rest of the circus act is nothing more than a distraction from the real problem: a very low number of listeners.

Art, to his credit, has pointed this out himself, although it tends to get buried under other excuses. There is a saying in business that sales solve all problems. Transferred to radio: lots of listeners solve all problems. The bottom line here is that not many people made the jump from trying the service, to paying for it. Streaming issues may have been an agrivating circumstance, but don't delude yourself. The issue was low audience numbers, period.

I love Art Bell's skill. I was right there with the rest of you a decades ago listening in the middle of the night, riveted to my radio. It was magical. As others have said, that was 20 years ago and you couldn't get that kind of programming anywhere else. Times have changed. Paranormal radio, recordings, movies, TV shows, etc, etc have been around continuously for 20 years now. It's not new. In fact, it might be a rather tired topic with many people.

In light of this, DM was pretty good. After all, with Art doing the interviews, how bad could it possibly be?! The answer: not good enough for the lion's share of people to part with money to keep listening. Spare me how $14.95/MO  just isn't doable for many, many people. Bullshit. The cold, hard reality is DM wasn't worth $14.95/MO when there are other (advertisement supported) "free" choices to be had.

If it made business sense (listeners) to fix all of the supposed problems, SiriusXM would have.

klaatu

Quote from: maren on November 14, 2013, 11:13:18 AM
We don't need no stinkin' satellite!

All your stinkin' satellites are belong to us ~

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: morphiaflow on November 14, 2013, 03:17:19 PM
Is it me or are some posts in this thread disappearing?

it's you unless the authors of those posts have deleted them, because i've deleted nothing.

Mastodonkey

Doesn't this whole #freeartbell thing seem counter-productive? I mean if sirius sees this entire legion of people who want Art free of his NC isn't that more incentive they shouldn't let him out of it? Don't get me wrong I want me some art but.. yea..

jazmunda

I'm always wary of George coming on here playing the Mr Nice Guy routine. What's he going to do tonight? Sodomize a baby seal on air that's wearing an Art mask.

#freeartbell

mikuthing01

I have called a lot of these numbers posted and the people have no idea what im talking about and say that the phone number is not for Sirius XM radio. We need good Sirius phone numbers because this is not working for me.

eddie dean

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 14, 2013, 03:00:18 PM
Art when you see this please post this to your Facebook page.

http://youtu.be/q-60ouziK7k

I can not watch your vid ross.  I have tried several times.
YT says: vid not avaliable.
Anyone else having problems?

[attachimg=1]

EarthAlien007

Quote from: mikuthing01 on November 14, 2013, 03:20:02 PM
I have called a lot of these numbers posted and the people have no idea what im talking about and say that the phone number is not for Sirius XM radio. We need good Sirius phone numbers because this is not working for me.

Try this  (212) 584-5100

Derpspiracy

I was inspired by the Dallas Thompson interview today.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Mastodonkey on November 14, 2013, 03:19:24 PM
Doesn't this whole #freeartbell thing seem counter-productive? I mean if sirius sees this entire legion of people who want Art free of his NC isn't that more incentive they shouldn't let him out of it? Don't get me wrong I want me some art but.. yea..

Um no. At some point if this becomes big enough it becomes easier for Sirius to release art from his nc then continue to receive bad trends on social media, emails clogged up and loss of subscribers. This can work.

ItsOver

Quote from: jazmunda on November 14, 2013, 03:19:37 PM
I'm always wary of George coming on here playing the Mr Nice Guy routine. What's he going to do tonight? Sidomize a baby seal on air that's wearing an Art mask.

#freeartbell

Baby seals aside, can anybody say "ulterior motives?"

moosie

Quote from: ItsOver on November 14, 2013, 03:23:22 PM

LOL I tried implying he was going for numbers and got made fun of... for how I said it.. so I think the answer is no? Or maybe only no for me ha!

WildCard

Quote from: eddie dean on November 14, 2013, 03:21:47 PM
I can not watch your vid ross.  I have tried several times.
YT says: vid not avaliable.
Anyone else having problems?
Not I. Edit: But I'm not on a mobile device. Sorry, should of looked at your attachment.

Awesome Ross!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ItsOver on November 14, 2013, 03:23:22 PM

if george has an ulterior motive around here, and that's IF he does (which, frankly, i doubt), then it would be to destroy the forum.  unlike the fantastic forum, we're not going going to start purging certain posts for the purpose of getting shout outs on a radio show.  thus, if anyone has concerns in this regard, forget it.  have some dip.

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 14, 2013, 03:22:27 PM
Um no. At some point if this becomes big enough it becomes easier for Sirius to release art from his nc then continue to receive bad trends on social media, emails clogged up and loss of subscribers. This can work.

What happens if they agree to his independent contractor offer instead of releasing him from the non-compete, or is that off of the table?

steelbot

Quote from: MV on November 14, 2013, 03:27:36 PM
if george has an ulterior motive around here, and that's IF he does (which, frankly, i doubt), then it would be to destroy the forum.  unlike the fantastic forum, we're not going going to start purging certain posts for the purpose of getting shout outs on a radio show.  thus, if anyone has concerns in this regard, forget it.  have some dip.
He wants to be on Gabcast again to explain further his position since Art had his say and now he wants his own ...again...idk

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 14, 2013, 03:22:27 PM

The vast majority of people who would quit SiriusXM over this already have, me included. Pissing of SiriusXM is not a winnable strategy, it's just wasting your time. If the number of cancelations that have already occurred doesn't make enough business sense to work things out with Art, spamming up someone's inbox isn't going to. Don't fool yourself into thinking they won't change their spam filters to deal with repetitive e-mails dealing with a subject they no longer care about.

I appreciate the passion and dedication, I really do. Don't fool yourself into thinking you can harass people who have no obligation to listen to you into into taking action that is detrimental to their business because you want something.

If Art gets out of the NC, it won't because of spammed mail boxes. If you wanted Art back on SiriusXM, making money for SiriusXM, this would be the approach to take.

You demand Art be released from his NC because you have been promised free streaming elsewhere? Why would SiriusXM give a dam?

Quote from: El Bee on November 14, 2013, 02:32:38 PM
I allegedly have email bombing tools.

I allegedly could wipe out XM email system.  to send a message

say the word Mr Bell...

George, you really hurt Artwith Oats and need to man up and say SORRY. then Art will forgive you and you can be friendly again.

your not a bad guy George. You have just been manipulated by a fat man.

I hope.

"manipulated by a fat man" is funnier than it has any right to be. I agree with your thoughts, I would like to hear George on the Bellgab podcast explain the whole Oates situation.

tradicals

One thing someone might do is figure out how to write this story up for mainstream media. They'll all copy and paste it once it's a story, but it has to hit right on the juicy bits for them to care.

Stuff I'd focus on:

Beloved broadcaster versus a typical big corporation (and how the corporation is behaving against their own best interest)

The incredible fan interest in Art Bell and quote some of people's impassioned pleas for him to keep going

Sirius' glaring inabilities to adapt to the times. Broken streaming, no worldwide access, how even cancelling is a big phone ordeal.

How Noory the creeper got in on it with his Leno-esque dick moves and how the man has a billion haters on the internet

etc... Just food for thought. If it hits the general media then Sirius can't pretend they don't know what people are talking about.

morphiaflow

Just FYI, I wasn't implying that with my last post, and I agree re: George's motives. I believe they are transparently PR and ego based.

retired41

Quote from: steelbot on November 14, 2013, 03:29:43 PM
He wants to be on Gabcast again to explain further his position since Art had his say and now he wants his own ...again...idk
gnoory  make him sweat lol

moosie

I think that is a GREAT ulterior motive. I think another plausible one could be his twisting the knife because of his jealousy over the loyalty of Art's audience.

popple

When Art gets his stream up I have no doubt the audience will be there. And then the #FreeArtBell army can transition into the #FreeArtBellStream team and inform everyone the king has returned!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: steelbot on November 14, 2013, 03:29:43 PM

i can't see how it would kill anyone for him to come on, so if he wants to make another appearance, we'll have him on.  he's agreed to no provisos and he'll take calls from all of you, so i say great.  let's do it.