• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: Art Bell on July 01, 2015, 02:15:53 PM
I see Dave has not logged in to explain this latest mess away, good. I know they watch everything here like a hawk so here is the deal, let me live in peace and just try to do a good show and I will not in any way come after you. Consider this yet another peace offering.

However if you come at us again, all bets are off. Remember, you are the big company and I am a small start up nothing at this point and every time you come at me it only hurts you.

Art
It's unfortunate, but you can't turn your back on an outfit like PremRad.  Keep pressing ahead but stand ready, Art.

Diabhal

Seeing a lot of big talk and no internet message-board action here as per usual.

No Quarter

Quote from: Zenman on July 01, 2015, 02:18:19 PM
Greetings, fellow Prog Head! Yes, Yes and King Crimson belong in that group. Thanks for the leads, I'll check them out. We could also probably start some controversy by adding Moody Blues to the first group.

I would not argue at all that the Moody Blues qualify as prog, nor that they should be added to the first group :)

If you check out Porcupine Tree, my suggestion is to start with The Sky Moves Sideways. Excellent album, and an 18 minute long title track (part 1), and 16 minute long part 2! They have loads of albums out; the live albums Coma Divine and Arriving Somewhere are also very good. Definitely my favourite band that is currently extant.

Happy Listening !   8)

SaucyRossy

I see Dave has not logged in to explain this latest mess away, good. I know they watch everything here like a hawk so here is the deal, let me live in peace and just try to do a good show and I will not in any way come after you. Consider this yet another peace offering.

However if you come at us again, all bets are off. Remember, you are the big company and I am a small start up nothing at this point and every time you come at me it only hurts you.

Art

I hope they back off and do their own thing. Though if they don't.....there is something that's out 'there' that would be devastatingly funny to share.

WildCard

Quote from: WildCard on June 30, 2015, 09:04:24 PM
Dave mentioned John B. Wells and Art in his close last night.

He stopped thanking people at George Knapp last night.

Wait? Am I the last person on earth listening to sNorry? I only listened to the last few minutes. Don't judge!

chefist

Weekends with special hosts would be great too! George Knapp, Ian Punnett, Redacted...

Quote from: wotr1 on July 01, 2015, 02:12:06 PM
... The point of the story is that our HR manager is useless, impotent, and a part of the problem...

In my experience, the HR Director/VP is the weakest link in upper management.  It's often a woman or minority, hired specifically for that reason.  It's considered the department where an incompetent clod can do the least damage (don't want incompetent clods running production, sales, marketing, finance, legal, or any of the other depts, that's for sure, who cares how the employees are treated or how they perceive things, right?). 

The HR Dept is supposed to be charged with attracting and retaining the best people for the various positions.  Instead, they operate as if their duty is to find any flaw in order to eliminate applicants, and do their level best to implement policies aimed at demoralizing and frustrating their best employees, and - as you've experienced - protect and enable the excesses of upper management. 

It's worth noting this is the type of environment a George Noory apparently thrives in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt-udg9zQSE

SciFiAuthor

Art

I'd be surprised if we hear from Dave much anymore. The current mess doesn't strike me as something that can be schmoozed away easily.

Quote from: wotr1 on July 01, 2015, 01:22:08 PM
I think that Jorch should have consulted his biblical code guy.  Certainly if the bible makes reference to Dave several times, it would make mention of this event?

George must have only skimmed the notes sent by the bible code guys, y'know for the important bits.

No Quarter

Art

The high road is (almost) always the best one to take, temptation to take the other notwithstanding.

Even if the high road doesn't work out, at least you can sleep at night (or day, as the case may be)

Zenman

Quote from: No Quarter on July 01, 2015, 02:30:22 PM
I would not argue at all that the Moody Blues qualify as prog, nor that they should be added to the first group :)

If you check out Porcupine Tree, my suggestion is to start with The Sky Moves Sideways. Excellent album, and an 18 minute long title track (part 1), and 16 minute long part 2! They have loads of albums out; the live albums Coma Divine and Arriving Somewhere are also very good. Definitely my favourite band that is currently extant.

Happy Listening !   8)

Hey NoQ, I moved my reply over the Music board. I know I've been pressing my luck with the OTP.   8)

No Quarter

Quote from: Zenman on July 01, 2015, 02:52:15 PM
Hey NoQ, I moved my reply over the Music board. I know I've been pressing my luck with the OTP.   8)

lol, okay. Headed over there so as not to press my luck, either  :)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Diabhal on July 01, 2015, 02:28:44 PM
Seeing a lot of big talk and no internet message-board action here as per usual.

i'll kick yurr ass, buddy.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 01, 2015, 02:45:13 PM
I'd be surprised if we hear from Dave much anymore. The current mess doesn't strike me as something that can be schmoozed away easily.

No, the C2C crew have pretty much demonstrated that all the accusations against them over the past couple of years have been correct and can't be explained away as bad timing or misunderstandings.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 01, 2015, 02:58:40 PM
No, the C2C crew have pretty much demonstrated that all the accusations against them over the past couple of years have been correct and can't be explained away as bad timing or misunderstandings.

No doubt, there's just no credibility left.

RoseGirl

Wait a minute....wait a minute. Dave logs on here?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 01, 2015, 03:34:52 PM

He posts on here as Gnoory.

Roswells, Art

Art

Wrong, you're Art Fucking Bell!

RoseGirl

I had no idea.

How pathetic is that?

Dave, Dave....sweetie....listen to me, it's not too late to become a dentist. Really.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 01, 2015, 03:43:07 PM
Dave, Dave....sweetie....listen to me, it's not too late to become a dentist. Really.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 01, 2015, 03:43:07 PM
I had no idea.

How pathetic is that?

Yeah, they send ol' Dave in to do damage control each time Premrat pulls a shenanigan.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 01, 2015, 03:54:30 PM
Yeah, they send ol' Dave in to do damage control each time Premrat pulls a shenanigan.

And he's about as good at damage control as he is as a late night radio talk show host.

RoseGirl

*starts wiping down everything with Lysol*

Honestly....ya know....I try so hard to keep this place clean. And now this?

trust_no_one

Art

I get that they are afraid of you, Art.  But does anyone at PremRat consider the risk/reward ?  Attacking you truly only hurts them.  Dopes...

Bounder

Dave: "I have an army!"

Art: "We have a (Redacted)."

bateman

Art

"Folks, this is ALL a misunderstanding..."

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 01, 2015, 03:34:52 PM

This is a quite popular '015.  A little punchy with a pungent nose, and a somewhat bitter aftertaste.

Quote from: Gnoory on April 24, 2015, 11:27:46 PM

I am the KING of late night radio. Long live the new KING!!! I deserve the crown.
This is a riot your upset over a king's crown lol..we are about ready to go to war and YOURE concerned about my avatar

Personally I prefer this '013.  It has a classic taste and continues to age well.  Simple, but not understated.

Quote from: Gnoory on August 12, 2013, 10:06:22 PM

Because I AM Dave Noorie