• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on February 12, 2021, 01:02:31 PM
Thank goodness we can finally move on from that to the more scientific good vs. evil maskers, anti-vaxers, and demonizing those who walk in the out door... Let's not even get started on those selfish enough to still see family members when explicitly forbidden to do so.  ;)

I guess the good news is that we can still maintain those good vs. evil narratives. And now we have Dr. Fauchi to look to as a savior figure and to confirm that we are correct to call those who will not triple mask "evil grandma killers."

Hey don't try to make some sort of commie hypocrite out of me!  Let the record show I have steadfastly maintained doc's right to go in the out door (even though that sounds super gay), and even encouraged others to do so for my amusement!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 12, 2021, 01:16:21 PM
Hey don't try to make some sort of commie hypocrite out of me!

Too late. You already made yourself one long ago. It’s a positive sign that you can finally acknowledge it though. Baby steps.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 12, 2021, 11:32:53 AM
This is an ugly sprawling argument but it is the first one I have encountered that tries to string together the paranormal, conspiracies, masculinity, and right-wing politics (i. e. the universe of bellgab) and, fascinatingly, finds even deeper roots way back to the 50s with some history of which I was not aware -- a brawl in the Senate, kicking in the balls!  Those were the good old days.

The idea that, with the collapse of the Cold War and the scary commie threat that oriented society, conspiracy allows maintaining the childish facile good-vs.-evil stories well into adulthood is not new, and neither is the idea that techno-demon aliens targeting and ritually emasculating men for their reproductive potency (the pervasive sperm collection and the gay panic of weebering) represents the sublimation of men's deep insecurities about their place in the modern world, but it's fun to read someone else's take on it.

https://slate.com/technology/2021/02/ufos-mccarthy-qanon-aliens-conspiracy-theories.html

It also contains this little revelation:

Horn Boy could easily be one of us!
The article forgets all the woo and lefty UFO and conspiracy types, starseed children, new age, Aquarian Age, Kennedy stuff, that Betty and Barney Hill were a mixed race couple, Tellinger and his UBUTU movement, Whitley's "probing," President Carter claimed to have seen a UFO, Kucinich saw a UFO, Shirley and lots of Hollywood types can go on and on about stuff. And all the women UFO 'experiencers?' And why wasn't Art mentioned, at all, in this article?!  >:(
ps: the Venona Papers and other releases proved that McCarthy was on the right-track. Though his mannerisms and methods might have been bad.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on February 12, 2021, 03:18:54 PM
The article forgets all the woo and lefty UFO and conspiracy types, starseed children, new age, Aquarian Age, Kennedy stuff, that Betty and Barney Hill were a mixed race couple, Tellinger and his UBUTU movement, Whitley's "probing," President Carter claimed to have seen a UFO, Kucinich saw a UFO, Shirley and lots of Hollywood types can go on and on about stuff. And all the women UFO 'experiencers?' And why wasn't Art mentioned, at all, in this article?!  >:(
ps: the Venona Papers and other releases proved that McCarthy was on the right-track. Though his mannerisms and methods might have been bad.

Slate is just another commie rag, which is why I didn’t even bother to read it.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on February 12, 2021, 03:18:54 PM

That's all ancient history, though.  I think ever since the global warming stuff the left has been increasingly interested in scientism (the political uses of science) which is supposed to preclude shaky evidence like UFOs.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 12, 2021, 03:51:03 PM
That's all ancient history, though.  I think ever since the global warming stuff the left has been increasingly interested in scientism (the political uses of science) which is supposed to preclude shaky evidence like UFOs.

The political use of science is not science, it’s politics. ::)

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 12, 2021, 03:52:59 PM
The political use of science is not science, it’s politics. ::)

That was the distinction I was drawing.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 12, 2021, 04:11:41 PM
I was!

No, I think you were just using that to avoid answering al’s reply directly, using a little bit of his patented whataboutism back on him. Too bad I can see through it.

Silphion

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 12, 2021, 11:32:53 AM
This is an ugly sprawling argument but it is the first one I have encountered that tries to string together the paranormal, conspiracies, masculinity, and right-wing politics (i. e. the universe of bellgab) and, fascinatingly, finds even deeper roots way back to the 50s with some history of which I was not aware -- a brawl in the Senate, kicking in the balls!  Those were the good old days.

The idea that, with the collapse of the Cold War and the scary commie threat that oriented society, conspiracy allows maintaining the childish facile good-vs.-evil stories well into adulthood is not new, and neither is the idea that techno-demon aliens targeting and ritually emasculating men for their reproductive potency (the pervasive sperm collection and the gay panic of weebering) represents the sublimation of men's deep insecurities about their place in the modern world, but it's fun to read someone else's take on it.

https://slate.com/technology/2021/02/ufos-mccarthy-qanon-aliens-conspiracy-theories.html

As memorable as Norman Mailer vs Gore Vidal:

"Joe McCarthy kneed Drew Pearson in the groin,
and Sen. Richard Nixon had to pull McCarthy off Pearson."

K_Dubb

Quote from: Silphion on February 13, 2021, 12:25:45 AM
As memorable as Norman Mailer vs Gore Vidal:

"Joe McCarthy kneed Drew Pearson in the groin,
and Sen. Richard Nixon had to pull McCarthy off Pearson."

Haha yeah "Once again, words fail Norman Mailer."

Tootsie

God Bless all the nasty son of a bitches at Bellgab.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Tootsie on February 13, 2021, 04:22:03 AM
God Bless all the nasty son of a bitches at Bellgab.

They all left and went to Ellgab.

AZZERAE

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 12, 2021, 01:46:43 AMI bet you are nice to hug. Somebody once told me I was like holding a bag of golf clubs.

Yeah, I'm nice to hug. But I'm still a fat sack of shit, at the end of the day.

K_Dubb

Quote from: AZZERAE on February 13, 2021, 03:05:34 PM

No I decided that, at the end of the day, you are bunny 💓💓💓

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: AZZERAE on February 11, 2021, 11:24:43 PMAnd I'm baffled as to why I graced you with an answer.

Your befuddlement has nothing to do with me.  Maybe your avatar reflects your self-image. Nice nonetheless. 
Pick up your post count . . . you don't want to fall below 75+ per day.

ksm32

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 13, 2021, 03:00:59 PM
They all left and went to Ellgab.

+1  ;D

Turn that frown upside down.  :)

SpaceMeowMaid

I think you should thank God because it is doable to lose weight. What if you were butt ugly? Can't lose that unless you get plastic surgery or who knows what.
And seriously you aren't that fat. You should have seen me when I was pregnant!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep9Vzb6R_58

Asuka Langley

https://twitter.com/Billy2_O/status/1360648824331534341

>Investigators learned Hopton and Stephen McNeil, 20, had been in a relationship

K_Dubb

QuoteThis summer, SPD decided to commandeer the sidewalk so they could build a little castle for themselves. Some helpful neighbors decided to pitch in and contribute with a snow barricade. (The cops did not take it well.)

https://twitter.com/johnmitch/status/1360869097626427396

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2021/02/14/55275175/so-hows-your-snowstorm-going

K_Dubb

Bateman and Andy NGO are not amused by the "antifa" snow fort

albrecht

Quote from: Asuka Langley on February 13, 2021, 11:18:36 PM
https://twitter.com/Billy2_O/status/1360648824331534341

>Investigators learned Hopton and Stephen McNeil, 20, had been in a relationship

But neither situation, alleged or real, are funny.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 14, 2021, 06:30:29 PM
Bateman and Andy NGO are not amused by the "antifa" snow fort

It would’ve been so much funnier if someone you loved really needed the police during that time. ;)

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 14, 2021, 06:54:59 PM
It would’ve been so much funnier if someone you loved really needed the police during that time. ;)

No, in an emergency we just call our block commissar who serves on behalf of the neighborhood soviet.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 14, 2021, 07:10:55 PM
No, in an emergency we just call our block commissar who serves on behalf of the neighborhood soviet.

Seems legit.

whoozit

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 14, 2021, 07:10:55 PM
Does the block commissar control the Fire Delivery Service?