• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130930 - Michael Heiser - UFOlogy

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 30, 2013, 05:01:50 PM

Who

Quote from: Chaim on March 03, 2015, 09:13:57 AM

http://youtu.be/RxAhwYoZQKU
just one scholar who dared to investigate the reality of the claim. obviously most scholars don't even dare to touch that subject because of fear of being called racists and facing the backlash.

You ask why Obama, others have higher IQ than 70? Obviously 70 is the ethnic average, but of course most African Americans are mixed with non-black people. Obama has a white mum, probably other white people in his ancestrly, so this raises the IQ of African Americans, although still not as high as the average IQ of ethnic white people who are not mixed with blacks.

A Jared Taylor video.  How nice.  Here's what the Southern Poverty Law Center says, in part, about Jared Taylor:

"Taylor also hosts a conference every other year where racist intellectuals rub shoulders with Klansmen, neo-Nazis and other white supremacists."

Tell me, Chaim, would you attend one of these conferences with Klansmen, neo-Nazis and other white supremacists?  Do you really want to associate with people who do?

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/profiles/jared-taylor

Chaim

The SPLC says a lot of shit, and obviously you're here attacking the messenger not the message.
As with most subjects, people have different opinions, but nobody has been able to proof that racial average IQ of blacks in Africa is higher than 70, while on the other hand the experiment at the University in South Africa supports the claim.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bell_Curve
Obviously African Americans and Liberals disagree the most. There's a lot of crap talk like "you can't put IQ into numbers" and the usual tralala when you don't want to face reality.

albrecht

Quote from: Doctor Who on March 03, 2015, 10:04:31 AM
A Jared Taylor video.  How nice.  Here's what the Southern Poverty Law Center says, in part, about Jared Taylor:

"Taylor also hosts a conference every other year where racist intellectuals rub shoulders with Klansmen, neo-Nazis and other white supremacists."

Tell me, Chaim, would you attend one of these conferences with Klansmen, neo-Nazis and other white supremacists?  Do you really want to associate with people who do?

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/profiles/jared-taylor
Morris's divorce proceedings are interesting reading as are some of the labor-related and funding-related incidents at the organization. I don't buy much of anything the SPLC says. They are in it for the money. No "hate" equals no job or organization, after all. Sure there are "hate" groups but they have relatively few members and almost zero national prominence or political influence.

In any event, large studies of any population are suspect and can't be used to identify the intelligence (or whatever) of an individual. But , then again, one can look at examples of, say Rhodesia, and compare agricultural output and infrastructure status back when and now that the native population took charge and draw some conclusions? Maybe? Even that "shining star" example of the "Rainbow Nation" has degenerated into corruption, crime, rape, ethnic violence, etc and that was a first world country a few decades ago. I'm sure it is all "colonialism's" and "racism's" fault- because the USA was never a colony and no other countries ever had wars or colonialism inflicted on it. Neither has Hong Kong, Singapore, Canada, etc etc. And China never had occupied colonial zones or was even forced to accept imported heroin but seems to be progressing (but still has a lot of problems and some big ones looming.) India, obviously, never was a colony of "evil whitey" and although has a lot of problems seems to be developing at a fair pace since.

Who

Quote from: Chaim on March 03, 2015, 10:19:11 AM
The SPLC says a lot of shit, and obviously you're here attacking the messenger not the message.

When it comes to racism (and other forms of evil), I'm opposed to the message and its messengers.

We're known by the company we keep.  If Jared Taylor associates with neo-Nazis and Klansmen, then that's all I need to know about Jared Taylor.

Chaim

Quote from: Doctor Who on March 03, 2015, 11:06:04 AM
When it comes to racism (and other forms of evil), I'm opposed to the message and its messengers.

We're known by the company we keep.  If Jared Taylor associates with neo-Nazis and Klansmen, then that's all I need to know about Jared Taylor.
it's up to you what you believe. I just think the situation on the Continent of Africa pretty much proofs it anyway. African Negroes are apparently not able to run any kind of great civilization. Even South Africa, which was essentially handed to them fully developed, now is an epicenter of rape and crime.

Who

Quote from: Chaim on March 03, 2015, 11:12:59 AM
funny, SPLC also lists Alex Jones in their "Extremist Files" section
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/profiles/alex-jones

I would agree with them on that.  Jones is a curiosity, however.  I'm not sure if he really believes that crap he spews or if he's just some type of shameless P.T. Barnum who does it for the money. 

Chaim

Quote from: Doctor Who on March 03, 2015, 11:32:28 AM
I would agree with them on that.  Jones is a curiosity, however.  I'm not sure if he really believes that crap he spews or if he's just some type of shameless P.T. Barnum who does it for the money.
I wonder the same about Obama. he should have a page at SPLC too.

scottydawg

To quote Archie Bunker, "Oh Geez!" I was listening to an old Micheal's UFOlogy shows with Art from way back in 1996!
19 years ago, I wasn't able to listen to it back then because of my work schedule. Same old shit, different decade.
There are some old guests that need to be locked up in a looney bin :o ::)

henge0stone

Not sure why everyone is so down on Heiser. He brings good research and his linguistic skills to UFOlogy. I wish they just talked more about Sitchen and how wrong he is, unlike Sitchen, Heiser is actually a scholar and who knows what the ancient texts say, he isn't a charlatan who just made stuff up for a story like sitchen.

People attacked him for telling a caller there are more African sources in the bible then white European sources and this is 100 % right. There is nothing in the bible from northern European or any part of Europe, its all middle eastern and north African (as far as we know). He did misspeak when he said "African American material" he clearly meant African. I think the caller trying to make Heiser sound racist backfired and showed just how unintelligent the caller was.

I agree that his search for evidence was bias when it comes to Christianity, but that's what belief is about and Art rightfully asked the question about the scrutiny when it comes to the bible.

It just irks me when Art does get awesome well credentialed people to talk about UFOs people say he's boring, when I found the conversation extremely compelling and interesting. To each his own I guess, I would rather hear a PHD talk about this stuff than a charlatan selling books.