• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

11angeleyes11

Oh Art, I am so glad that you or your family were not hurt badly! 

This is a real picture and not photoshopped for sure.  I dedect little paw prints in the fire extinguisher dust, perhaps belonging to an inquisitive AB kitty or two? 

I hope they were safe, also.

Quote from: ourobouros2k2 on December 17, 2011, 07:49:47 AM
Damn, the whole room was instantly and totally "antiqued".

...paging Miss Havisham, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

b_dubb

Bad that his defective fire extinguisher exploded. Better that he and his family aren't in the Philippines now during a major flood emergency

Frys Girl

Noory put a curse on Art. Duh.

BobGrau

Quote from: Frys Girl on December 17, 2011, 01:59:52 PM
Noory put a curse on Art. Duh.

yeah, the plan was actually to set fire to the place, but... you know george.

Morgus

Quote from: HorrorReporter on December 17, 2011, 08:09:02 AM
Really bad things always seem to happen to Art.
he should contact his friend Evelyn Paglini to remove the curse and any evil spirits...  8)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: BobGrau on December 17, 2011, 02:17:30 PM
yeah, the plan was actually to set fire to the place, but... you know george.

LOfuckingL

mulder

Usagi

Quote from: mulder on December 18, 2011, 11:30:07 AM
Ramona's back, hooray!!!

Can we please leave Ramona out of this thread?  Sheesh.  It's distasteful... and I have a pretty high tastelessness-tolerance threshold.

Anyways, my first thought when I read about the extinguisher incident was fear that Art would take is as a sign from demons/the government/shadow people/fire-safety fairies/etc. that he shouldn't come back to radio.  My next thought was hope:

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: mulder on December 18, 2011, 11:30:07 AM
Ramona's back, hooray!!!
Congratulations, you win the "fucking asshole of the day" award.  ;) You can redeem it by hanging yourself with your intestines.

b_dubb

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on December 18, 2011, 02:42:38 PM
   Congratulations, you win the "fucking asshole of the day" award.  ;) You can redeem it by hanging yourself with your intestines.
;) ^^^ this

morphiaflow

I'm surprised no troll has yet stared an "Art made the fire extinguisher explode for insurance money" theory yet...

WOTR

Come now- Art isn't dumb enough to make it explode for the insurance money.  He hired me to make the extinguisher explode for the insurance money...

Is that the extinguisher in one of the middle pics posted by jazmunda?

It looks like the top popped right off.

Scully

Am I the only one who raises an eyebrow when Airyn Bell posts on her FB page:

Airyn Bell
Two more rooms to clean and Im done!!! Have to finish it today hopefully, then I can enjoy the holiday.....
Like ·  · 6 hours ago near Pahrump, NV ·

Maybe she just likes to clean?  :-\

WOTR

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 20, 2011, 07:39:56 PM
Is that the extinguisher in one of the middle pics posted by jazmunda?

It looks like the top popped right off.
You bet.  All that Art had to do was buy an extinguisher model that was known to be defective and hire me to hit the top with a hammer when he wasn't home.  ;)

CoastCanuck

I'm grateful that Art started C2C.  I only started listening to C2C in 2008, so by that time Art was only on the show a few times a year.  I haven't had the Art experience of fellow CoastGab members.  But, I remember one show where he spent about the first half hour complaining that his wife's immigration was rejected and asking every listener to write to congress, even Obama, and protest this.  That episode has stuck in my mind when I think about Art.

aldousburbank

Two questions:

1- Is Art back yet?
2- Why is thread only at page 119?

BobGrau

Quote from: Scully on December 20, 2011, 08:57:14 PM

Airyn Bell
Two more rooms to clean and Im done!!! Have to finish it today hopefully, then I can enjoy the holiday.....

she might get finished quicker if she wasn't messing about on facebook all the time  ;D

aldousburbank

Oh, I think I get the whole Art's radio shack/fire-extinguisher imagery/incident.  Snoory has extinguished the fire in C2C.   Thus saith I.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 22, 2011, 01:05:51 PM
Thus saith I.

you won't mind if i finish every post with this from now on, will you?

aldousburbank

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on December 22, 2011, 01:08:00 PM

you won't mind if i finish every post with this from now on, will you?

So let it be said.  So let it be done.

Quote from: Scully on December 20, 2011, 08:57:14 PM

Airyn Bell

Art's probably screwing around with all the electronics..

With Art Bell seemingly done broadcasting, unless he answers the call of millions and returns, I pose this question: When Carson left we never had another one.. will Art Bell be a once in a  million broadcaster with no one ever to follow that will be quite like him?

Quote from: HorrorReporter on December 23, 2011, 10:21:08 AM
With Art Bell seemingly done broadcasting, unless he answers the call of millions and returns, I pose this question: When Carson left we never had another one.. will Art Bell be a once in a  million broadcaster with no one ever to follow that will be quite like him?

Yes.  And they both made it look so easy.

BobGrau

Quote from: AAristarchus on December 17, 2011, 12:05:47 AM
Hi everybody, I have to get something off my chest. Long time Art Bell fan but it's only been recently I've been able to go through a lot of his shows. One thing I've noticed having listened to between 200 and 400 total hours of recorded shows is MAN, Art Bell is dumb. If you have even one Iota of intellectual capacity he just seem to possess this dense, ignorant personality and a very very very very mediocre level of intelligence. Another thing that bugs me is that he is VERY emotionally wishy - washy. He's the kind of man who gets knocked over by an overly strong gust of breeze.

I know, I know, then why listen to him? Well for two reasons: first I think this is actually to the shows favour, simply because he is such a wishy-washy, selfish, weak soul with mediocre (at best) intelligence he's the perfect guy to host a show like coast to coast. He listens and gets carried away by the story; this allows the various interviewees to just get into the zone and speak their mind. His vulnerability is disarming. Second, I noticed that this vulnerability causes the various interviewees to open up and expound. This allows the ones that are BS (or bad liars) to trip over themselves and expose things. Since I'm more of a skeptical person, to me it's kind of a litmus test. So while I find many of the episodes that I listen to are so annoying it makes my head feel like it's gonna explode; other times listening to Art is very rewarding precisely because no one else can draw people out on paranormal subject matter the way he can.

Anyway, I was wondering how many of you feel the same. Can't say I like Art as a man, but I like his work and he was a unique person in his own place and time.

are you perhaps confusing Art Bell with George Noory?

b_dubb

Quote from: BobGrau on December 23, 2011, 12:14:09 PM
are you perhaps confusing Art Bell with George Noory?
he's either george noory or he's confusing Art with george noory.  both?  is that possible?  well we're talking about the nooron here so ... sure ... why not

BobGrau

Quote from: b_dubb on December 23, 2011, 12:45:30 PM
he's either george noory or he's confusing Art with george noory.  both?  is that possible?  well we're talking about the nooron here so ... sure ... why not

(shudder) I just had a hideously vivid image of Noory getting home at night after a show, locking the door, putting on glasses and a leather jacket, posing at the mirror with a cigarette.... brrr

Morgus

When Carson left we never had another one.. will Art Bell be a once in a  million broadcaster with no one ever to follow that will be quite like him?
Jay Leno took over for Carson.
Is Noory like Jay Leno, who also won't leave even after his planned retirement date?  8)

I'd sure like to understand PremRat's thought process for "well, we can never replace Art Bell so let's try to find the dumbest, laziest, least interested dishonest shill we can find to replace him.  And, oh yeah, it would help if he is beyond boring and has no interview skills whatsoever, someone to keep for years no matter how much everyone complains".

I just don't get it.