Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lilith on February 24, 2020, 11:13:10 PM

ikr?

Why is she reading from two year old article about UFO encounters from the 70s?! ???

It’s almost like she knows nothing about showmanship.

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 24, 2020, 11:15:37 PM
Why is she reading from two year old article about UFO encounters from the 70s?! ???

I used to think of this as the Kindergarten reading hour.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lilith on February 24, 2020, 11:17:56 PM

I used to think of this as the Kindergarten reading hour.

I was just thinking that she reminds me of a kindergarten teacher.  :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Nyewalker on February 24, 2020, 11:18:22 PM
No...the show hasn't actually started yet... the stream you're listening too originates from a mircophone Miller planted inside the Yoda doll he gave her...

Interesting...and creepy.

Ghost Nutter

A down to business approach so far..She sounds good!

Norm

Losing interest lock...preparing to eject...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Ghost Nutter on February 24, 2020, 11:20:45 PM
A down to business approach so far..She sounds good!

Can I get some of whatever you’re on? :D

Ghost Nutter

Three shows lay claim to Art bell's legacy..Heather is the chosen one

Dr. MD MD

Constructive criticism time: it would probably be more interesting if her monologue preambles were related to the topic of the show cuz that was boring as fuck.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 24, 2020, 09:26:18 PM
It was in the Aviation thread first.  Just sayin.................

Touche'

And he didn't think earth was flat.but some sort of frisbee, pancake like earth. RIP.

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on February 24, 2020, 11:39:00 PM

Touche'

And he didn't think earth was flat.but some sort of frisbee, pancake like earth. RIP.

Thank-you for getting this thread back on topic. A number of posters were trying to derail it posting about some podcast host...  ;)

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 24, 2020, 11:29:18 PM
Constructive criticism time: it would probably be more interesting if her monologue preambles were related to the topic of the show cuz that was boring as fuck.

I had thought perhaps she was away taking classes to improve her broadcasting skills.  I might have been wrong.

Ghost Nutter

If she does take calls ...it'll be welcome back and where's a  cat update? it doesnt have to be drama out of the gate..I'm sure it will come and how she handles it will make or break her

Morgus

I haven't heard HW give any explanation for her latest multi-month absence?
Is she waiting until her Friday night open lines with callers program?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Ghost Nutter on February 24, 2020, 11:57:25 PM
If she does take calls ...it'll be welcome back and where's a  cat update? it doesnt have to be drama out of the gate..I'm sure it will come and how she handles it will make or break her

Wake me up when it gets interesting.

Ghost Nutter

Oh dude..sadly I wont be awake lol

VC

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 24, 2020, 11:15:37 PM

I missed the first half-hour... Any proof this is a live show yet and not a playback recording?

I mean, WTF, AB would be all over the news about the impending pandemic. A true gift for conspiracy wars, our impending potential deaths, and increasing listenership with a real world threat topic.

Lilith

Quote from: VC on February 25, 2020, 12:09:03 AM
I missed the first half-hour... Any proof this is a live show yet?

I mean, WTF, AB would be all over the news about the impending pandemic. A true gift for conspiracy wars, our impending potential deaths, and increasing listenership with a real world threat topic.

Heather would rather read to us I guess.  I don't know why.

#sad

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 24, 2020, 11:58:40 PM
Wake me up when it gets interesting.

But hibernation months are nearly over...

VC

Quote from: AZZERAE on February 24, 2020, 11:45:15 AM
All I'm saying is, at the very least, listen to her first show. Then judge.

Yeah, like you're doing right now! Not! Bwahahahaha!

You and your Metron Coven aka Two Retarded Witches. Bitch. :D

Lilith

I'm afraid this guest is making me fall asleep...

AZZERAE

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 24, 2020, 02:10:13 PM
So we have to pretend to be entertained now to spare the performers feelings?!

You and your cohorts decided the show and host sucked before she even turned the mic on tonight.

So anything you say thereafter is pretty much null and void.

You're just hating her because everyone else supposedly hates her and you want to "fit in".

But you're the very ones listening, to something "so unlistenable", and hence, the jokes really on you anyway.

VC

As usual, callers were all male idol worshipers already knowing Heater or the guest. Was there even one female caller? Heater does this contrived Closed Lines, like a PR Firm, firmly pouring on the adulation programming, so it's faked Open Lines and definitely NOT random. At least there were no "the usual" Closed Circle of Five HW Sycophants that usually call in, but she did mention Mike in Montana's emailed comment.

Nothing said about her ghosting or "news" about her fans. Too bad Paul didn't call in on his video Skype, so Heater could mention seeing his little friend again. Bwahahaha!

I do think Heater did some decent work mixing in a few new oldie AB style music picks, so the Bumper Music is still "classic" with minor tweaking.

The guest is self-trained about the subject, so he's had no real Guru from India that trained him.

LOL... Heater is obviously still very uncomfortable with callers -very gun shy and is too much of a control freak unable to deal creatively in a neutral or friendly manner with critical callers of which no one was critical tonight. In other words: ChickenSheeit ::)

I think Heater was UNUSUALLY NOT her usual emotionally erratic self, so maybe she's on better meds that kept her on-track and more focused than almost all of her previous shows. No desk slaps. Tonight was a far more serious Heater that stayed on-topic, so there was much less emotional entertainment value with no chance, seemingly, for any meltdowns or controversial callers. In other words: BORING. :D

At least this guest was not BSC and had some interesting points, though it's not what I want to spend time doing. This is just another repeating guest and not fresh and new.

Also, Heater totally fucked-up the first 30 minutes going on about an old UFO topic from years ago. What a pandemic of stupidity. AB would never be stupid enough to do that, when people are dropping dead worldwide from a Chinese Zoonosis Death Threat. Dumb ass.

DynamoHum

Bonnie Tyleresque screech for the start of the show - you can tell how nervous she is by the timbre of her opening.

Nobody noticed the dig at MITD?

“From the high desert, where it has always been”

Shill callers, probably from the guest’s classes.

Bit more grifting this time, I don’t think she has ever asked for subscribers to keep the show on air.

If the producer had chops, they would have been all over a conspiracy theorist for a juicy show on Covid19, what a great opening show that would have been.

I actually miss Art more than ever during this pandemic - his shows on this topic would have been epic.

WOTR

Quote from: VC on February 25, 2020, 03:15:07 AM

I think Heater was UNUSUALLY NOT her usual emotionally erratic self, so maybe she's on better meds that kept her on-track and more focused than almost all of her previous shows. No desk slaps. Tonight was a far more serious Heater that stayed on-topic, so there was much less emotional entertainment value with no chance, seemingly, for any meltdowns or controversial callers. In other words: BORING. :D

Honestly- Good. Hopefully she found somebody who spoke radio and could write a prescription. Maybe she can finally do a show that is her own.

whoozit

What was the show worth on a per minute basis?