• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150727 - Grant Cameron - Ufology - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 27, 2015, 01:11:19 PM

Uncle Duke

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 28, 2015, 01:23:32 AM
I mean no disrespect, but ... so your thinking is tainted with the idea that Art's going to get pissed at Keith or something and leave again. Okay, that's fair, but Art doesn't owe me anything. He's just a broadcaster that I like to listen to. If he goes away, well, I wish him luck in private life. If he's around and broadcasting at 80, great. Whatever happens is fine with me. I'm just happy to listen because most other broadcasts suck these days in comparison to MITD. You tell me, what else are we going to listen to?

Listen to?  You do know this isn't the the 1930s, right?  The options are limitless.  I think I gave you more credit than you deserved. That's on me, but it won't happen again.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 28, 2015, 01:36:00 AM
Listen too?  You do know this isn't the the 1930s, right?  The options are limitless.  I think I gave you more credit than you deserved. That's on me, but it won't happen again.

I have no idea what the fuck you're trying to say.

Quote from: Mastodonkey on July 28, 2015, 01:18:13 AM
This was a rough one. No question about it. Like Art said though.. there will be some duds.

It was not awful. I enjoyed the show. Was not the best show of MITD, but was superior to the competition. Looking forward to tomorrow night.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 28, 2015, 01:38:03 AM
I have no idea what the fuck you're trying to say.

In hindsight I have no doubt you have no idea.  That's on me. 

I mean no disrespect, but ... so your thinking is tainted with the idea that Art's going to get pissed at Keith or something and leave again. Okay, that's fair, but Art doesn't owe me anything. He's just a broadcaster that I like to listen to. If he goes away, well, I wish him luck in private life. If he's around and broadcasting at 80, great. Whatever happens is fine with me. I'm just happy to listen because most other broadcasts suck these days in comparison to MITD. You tell me, what else are we going to listen to?

THIS.

Luna

I'm coming in super late, but I have been over the moon about the new show! I'm happy to hear Art again and I'm loving the show so far! <3

paladin1991

GRANT Cameron!  I thought it was supposed to be KIRK Cameron.  Sheesh

Uncle Duke

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 28, 2015, 02:41:45 AM
GRANT Cameron!  I thought it was supposed to be KIRK Cameron.  Sheesh

*lol* I think our friend SciFiAutbor thought the guest was Cameron Diaz.

Scully

Quote from: lonevoice on July 28, 2015, 01:10:42 AM
I agree.  Grant was my least favorite guest, so far.  On his own, without Art interviewing him, he would have been completely unlistenable.  It took Art a bit tonight to figure out how to wrangle the guest, but eventually he got there.  I may not listen to the download of this one again, but it was worth listening to tonight...because Art!

^^^^^^^ This!

Quote from: Sean92008 on July 28, 2015, 12:17:16 AM
Today, the show is on the forum.

Glad I finally sat down at the 'puter.

I still keep hearing Brian Wilson on speed...  Grant a word for you:  Quaaludes!

All I want to do is get drunk and listen to Dennis Wilson, cause he's the man..... :>)  Missed the show last night listening now, had to get to sleep! Too bad he couldn't get Sean Lennon on with the guest to talk about his father's experiences.

https://youtu.be/q1vpFmRtb3c

Jackstar

Okay, I just now got around to starting this show (hallooo, time travel!) and I am going to be honest, it sounds like shit.

I will freely admit to being biased, having freely participated in the live thread even before listening to the show, because of my reprehensible gambling problem, but even so, this show sounds like shit and I am sorry that you had to sit through it without me.

Wait, that came out wrong. Let me get back to you later.

Steven.G

Quote from: Luna on July 28, 2015, 02:17:17 AM
I'm coming in super late, but I have been over the moon about the new show! I'm happy to hear Art again and I'm loving the show so far! <3

I did as well no worries!

I turned it off after the first hour. I think it still took a year off my life.

OK, I'm in the second hour and this guy seems kind of paranoid and scared, that maybe why he talks so fast, nervous, that dig at Trump was just absurd. He takes what others have done that has no real basis and runs with it.

He reminds me of this guy except on speed.....

BobBlahBlah

Once Art got him to slow down it was fine. Art is the master! I'm not used to hosts asking for some evidence here and there, as opposed to just letting a guy spew all night. Huge upgrade to that other show with that other host.

chefist

Quote from: jazmunda on July 27, 2015, 10:08:02 PM
Shoutout to aldous, eddie_dean and chefist who won't be joining us tonight. They are showing their disloyalty to Art by going to a Rush concert.

Wish you were there Jaz! It was amazing! Thanks for the shoutout!

EvB

Quote from: BobBlahBlah on July 28, 2015, 09:57:07 AM
Once Art got him to slow down it was fine. Art is the master! I'm not used to hosts asking for some evidence here and there, as opposed to just letting a guy spew all night. Huge upgrade to that other show with that other host.

Art  IS the master, an utterly unique talent. But, that guest was a challenge.  It was obvious from how many times Art told him straight out to 'slow down' (Art can be less blatant and often uses his special brand of finesse rather than coming right out with it) and how many of Art's exasperated chuckles that said 'okay- I give up.'

Still, I've no idea who could have handled it better! He did bring the guy in for a landing in the end, and didn't just tell him 'thanks, good bye' during a break.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: EvB on July 28, 2015, 10:08:19 AM
Art  IS the master, an utterly unique talent. But, that guest was a challenge.  It was obvious from how many times Art told him straight out to 'slow down' (Art can be less blatant and often uses his special brand of finesse rather than coming right out with it) and how many of Art's exasperated chuckles that said 'okay- I give up.'

Still, I've no idea who could have handled it better! He did bring the guy in for a landing in the end, and didn't just tell him 'thanks, good bye' during a break.

I've listened to the first hour and it's a classic case of the UFO guy who doesn't seem interested in engaging with anyone, just throwing out all of his 'research' at maximum speed. Abductions must be the dodgiest area of ufology anyway because it relies so much on the word of the abductee. The fact that it isn't totally unlistenable is down to Art doing his hardest to slow the guy down and have a conversation. I always shudder a bit these days when a UFO type comes on - they are such hard work, and I can't help feeling that the whole ETH thing is played out anyway. I'd be more interested in hearing some alternative theories about what is going on, other than the usual ones about little guys in saucers.

EvB

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 28, 2015, 10:16:27 AM
I've listened to the first hour and it's a classic case of the UFO guy who doesn't seem interested in engaging with anyone, just throwing out all of his 'research' at maximum speed. Abductions must be the dodgiest area of ufology anyway because it relies so much on the word of the abductee. The fact that it isn't totally unlistenable is down to Art doing his hardest to slow the guy down and have a conversation. I always shudder a bit these days when a UFO type comes on - they are such hard work, and I can't help feeling that the whole ETH thing is played out anyway. I'd be more interested in hearing some alternative theories about what is going on, other than the usual ones about little guys in saucers.

Yeah, this is why i miss John Mack.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: EvB on July 28, 2015, 10:26:56 AM
Yeah, this is why i miss John Mack.

Yes, an interesting man to say the least. I even read his book about T E Lawrence on the strength of his appearances with Art.

EvB

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 28, 2015, 10:29:04 AM
Yes, an interesting man to say the least. I even read his book about T E Lawrence on the strength of his appearances with Art.

I need to hunt that down though the library system.  The copies left for sale are expensive and i haven't found an e-reader version.

Auslandia

Holy cow lol.... I'm surprised this guy had time to breathe. I enjoyed the material but it was hard to listen to. He kept talking over Art. I mean they have three hours there's no reason to go at that speed !

ZomZom

Just finished listening to the archive.  (I envy you folks who get to listen live so frequently!)

I liked the abductee, I thought his story was interesting.  Grant, however, not so much.

And you can ejaculate into your bladder by pressing against your perineum.  The sensation is considered desireable by some and is also an unreliable method of preventing your lady friend from receiving benefits.

Enjoyed the thread, although there's too much "could of" instead of "could have."

End of line.

Art's not going anywhere. He owns this. Jesus, what a bunch of Debbie Downers>

chad2wycked

Wow what a crap guest. Seems like he would be better on the "other" show where nobody questions anything. He seemed absolutely bothered by anyone questioning him, nm not answering the question. Nobody was ever evil or bad, right! And use of "evil" force never put them in their place. Thankfully all these alien species run on sunshine and rainbows. What a relief :P They probably wear yoga pants as well.

BobBlahBlah

It'll be fun listening to Art question and scrutinize all of Hoagie's alleged findings when he is a guest. Hoagland tends to take over the whole interview when the other guy(s) has him on which will never happen with Art.

EvB

Quote from: BobBlahBlah on July 28, 2015, 12:39:27 PM
It'll be fun listening to Art question and scrutinize all of Hoagie's alleged findings when he is a guest. Hoagland tends to take over the whole interview when the other guy(s) has him on which will never happen with Art.

Yes. And in all honesty I am surprised by Art's support of this guy.  But who knows why?