• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Pentagon adds homosexuals to list/General introduces his "husband"

Started by albrecht, June 09, 2015, 04:59:04 PM

albrecht

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/09/us-usa-military-gays-idUSKBN0OP2BD20150609
"Defense Secretary Ash Carter said on Tuesday the Pentagon has updated its equal opportunity policy to bar discrimination based on sexual orientation, putting it in the same category as discrimination based on race, religion, color, age and sex."
- so who is the first octogenarian, or even middle-aged person, to sue because the Army won't let him sign up?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/9/army-gen-randy-taylor-introduces-his-husband-penta/
They should fire, or at least demote, him and maybe take away his pension to set an example. Just because he, apparently, was not disclosing, lying on polygraphs, engaging in behavior prohibited by Army codes, etc. To logically follow this logic it could be, in the future, that sharing secrets with Cuba will be legal, or the age-of-consent will be lowered to 12, or polygamy will be legal so it is ok to engage in those practices now, although illegal and against Army regulations, because those rules might change or "evolve." He broke the regulations at the time and so should be censured, in some way. I think taking away his pension and whatever "husband" benefits would suffice.

Frankly, I could care less if homosexuals serve (look at the ancient world in which some armies was chock full of them.) Sure in the ideal world we wouldn't need to deal with this "problem" but the media, the President (for whatever personal reasons,) and the news makes BLT issues the number one cause celebre. But I don't like it becomes the sole and most important issue with regard to the military (and society.) "ISIS, don't worry they are JV, but I'm happy to announce that trannies can join our military!" It seems we are spending more time trying to be "inclusive" of whatever oddball deviate than in primary mission. And also don't like it if standards are lowered to accommodate anyone's feelings, mental illness, physical ability, criminal history (depending on position) etc.

ps: it is not illegal to have extra-martial affairs so that is now ok for the Army, right? In some places prostitution is legal, so that is ok, of course? Smoking marijuana is legal several places so that is just fine and dandy, right?

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on June 09, 2015, 04:59:04 PM
Smoking marijuana is legal several places so that is just fine and dandy, right?

That's legal everywhere--the Byzantine laws that prohibit it are unlawful in & of themselves.

WOTR

With my new avatar, you can probably imagine how little I care if people are upset that there are gays in the military? ;)

albrecht

Quote from: wotr1 on June 09, 2015, 10:47:20 PM
With my new avatar, you can probably imagine how little I care if people are upset that there are gays in the military? ;)
I'm sure, from that avatar! Haha. Sparta, we salute you! But, to them, it wasn't about the homosexual activity as the foremost concern but their mission and trying to best their enemies. That is the difference, and problem.

Ruteger

Someone borrowed a Thesaurus from their local library. I am impressed! "Byzantine." Wow. Clap, clap and claap.

Quote from: Jackstar on June 09, 2015, 08:58:51 PM
That's legal everywhere--the Byzantine laws that prohibit it are unlawful in & of themselves.

Ruteger

But don't you dare mention name of the Lord Jesus Christ. That's a court-martial offense in today's USSA.

Quote from: albrecht on June 09, 2015, 04:59:04 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/09/us-usa-military-gays-idUSKBN0OP2BD20150609
"Defense Secretary Ash Carter said on Tuesday the Pentagon has updated its equal opportunity policy to bar discrimination based on sexual orientation, putting it in the same category as discrimination based on race, religion, color, age and sex."
- so who is the first octogenarian, or even middle-aged person, to sue because the Army won't let him sign up?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/9/army-gen-randy-taylor-introduces-his-husband-penta/
They should fire, or at least demote, him and maybe take away his pension to set an example. Just because he, apparently, was not disclosing, lying on polygraphs, engaging in behavior prohibited by Army codes, etc. To logically follow this logic it could be, in the future, that sharing secrets with Cuba will be legal, or the age-of-consent will be lowered to 12, or polygamy will be legal so it is ok to engage in those practices now, although illegal and against Army regulations, because those rules might change or "evolve." He broke the regulations at the time and so should be censured, in some way. I think taking away his pension and whatever "husband" benefits would suffice.

Frankly, I could care less if homosexuals serve (look at the ancient world in which some armies was chock full of them.) Sure in the ideal world we wouldn't need to deal with this "problem" but the media, the President (for whatever personal reasons,) and the news makes BLT issues the number one cause celebre. But I don't like it becomes the sole and most important issue with regard to the military (and society.) "ISIS, don't worry they are JV, but I'm happy to announce that trannies can join our military!" It seems we are spending more time trying to be "inclusive" of whatever oddball deviate than in primary mission. And also don't like it if standards are lowered to accommodate anyone's feelings, mental illness, physical ability, criminal history (depending on position) etc.

ps: it is not illegal to have extra-martial affairs so that is now ok for the Army, right? In some places prostitution is legal, so that is ok, of course? Smoking marijuana is legal several places so that is just fine and dandy, right?

Quick Karl

Every queer on the planet knows that homosexuality is a disease of the mind.

You might like it, but that doesn't make it "normal."

Anal sex is for assholes.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 11, 2015, 01:10:42 AM

Yet you are the premiere teabagger on this site.  Go figure.

onan

Quote from: NowhereInTime on June 12, 2015, 01:55:40 PM
Yet you are the premiere teabagger on this site.  Go figure.

When Quick realizes how much he wants it... look out.

Yorkshire pud

Anal sex is for assholes.*

*Okay, who is going to tell him?

You hate women, you despise homosexuals; Your sex life is pretty barren. But I bet your right wrist is quite well developed eh?

Quick Karl

Every homosexual that ever lived, knows that homosexuality is wrong, and that it flies in the face of the natural laws of reproduction and perpetuation of the species (not to be confused with 'feces' for you butt-sex lovers). No different than a kleptomaniac that knows that what they are doing is wrong, yet they do it anyway.

Now, you three can do it all you want, and you can argue all day long that its "normal" just because you like it, but everyone knows that it isn't.

Thank God for the First Amendment, huh?

onan

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 13, 2015, 09:02:56 AM
Project much?
i'm not the one that presents with anger on this subject. That would be you. So if anyone is projecting, that would be you, Tinkerbell.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 13, 2015, 09:12:24 AM
Every homosexual that ever lived, knows that homosexuality is wrong, and that it flies in the face of the natural laws of reproduction and perpetuation of the species (not to be confused with 'feces' for you butt-sex lovers). No different than a kleptomaniac that knows that what they are doing is wrong, yet they do it anyway.

Now, you three can do it all you want, and you can argue all day long that its "normal" just because you like it, but everyone knows that it isn't.

Thank God for the First Amendment, huh?

C'mon Karl; you're among friends. How long have you had this self loathing? Since childhood? Since you decided women were to be the object of your distaste? Have you actually seen an adult female human nude? Photos don't count.

Quick Karl

Quote from: onan on June 13, 2015, 09:26:21 AM
i'm not the one that presents with anger on this subject. That would be you. So if anyone is projecting, that would be you, Tinkerbell.

I'm curious, Professor Onan, how do explain your clairvoyance and authority to convict me of being angry merely by reading a post on an internet forum when all I did was express my beliefs on a topic?

Gift from God?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 13, 2015, 10:04:11 AM
I'm curious, Professor Onan, how do explain your clairvoyance and authority to convict me of being angry merely by reading a post on an internet forum when all I did was express my beliefs on a topic?

Gift from God?

You can learn much from posts on a forum Karl; such as when you wanted that American Spring just over a year ago, and then decided (after no-one turned up) it was a commie plot. I for one learned you're a backpeddling wanker...

onan

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 13, 2015, 10:04:11 AM

Gift from God?

Oh, dear man, let anyone read your collective posts. You can feign ignorance all day long, no one is buying it.

albrecht

Quote from: onan on June 13, 2015, 10:10:35 AM
Oh, dear man, let anyone read your collective posts. You can feign ignorance all day long, no one is buying it.
I know it is a common tactic, or at least idea, but I don't buy into the pseudo-Freudian arguments that dislike, or even hate, of something or some action means you are automatically repressing something you actually desire. Especially when bandied about as form of argument and also the suspect nature by which modern psychiatry holds Freud. By this odd way of reasoning any racist really wishes they were black (or white or Oriental, etc) or people that hate Lima Beans (from another thread) really wants to be a Lima Bean. Absurd. I guess Code Pink and anti-war protesters ACTUALLY wish they were Atila the Hun or want to go on a Blitzkreig. I'm sure some people feel this way, but any legitimate psychiatrist, or analyst, would need actual data and multiple sessions before they could claim that this "repression" was true about a particular person. I have no idea what Karl, You, or whomever on an internet board are or do in reality- much less "what is in their head." But the claims, popular in the media, but, oddly with regard to homosexuality that if you are against redefinition of marriage etc that you "really are one" is absurd. And, logically, wouldn't this work in the opposite? Any married person REALLY wants to be homosexual but they "repressed it" so much and "rebelled" against their "real" desires that they married someone of the opposite sex. Or the homosexual is REALLY normal but "repressed" it and "rebelled" against their "real" desires and so are going out with some one of the same sex. Absurd. But, it is not normal for those lacking real arguments to resort to what is, essentially, ad hominem reasoning.

Quick Karl

Quote from: onan on June 13, 2015, 10:10:35 AM

I think you are projecting again, Professor Onan... as usual, when I post something that you cannot defeat with a fact, you and your friends resort to infantile schoolyard assertions based on nothingness.

Quick Karl

Quote from: albrecht on June 13, 2015, 10:34:03 AM
I know it is a common tactic, or at least idea, but I don't buy into the pseudo-Freudian arguments that dislike, or even hate, of something or some action means you are automatically repressing something you actually desire. Especially when bandied about as form of argument and also the suspect nature by which modern psychiatry holds Freud. By this odd way of reasoning any racist really wishes they were black (or white or Oriental, etc) or people that hate Lima Beans (from another thread) really wants to be a Lima Bean. Absurd. I guess Code Pink and anti-war protesters ACTUALLY wish they were Atila the Hun or want to go on a Blitzkreig. I'm sure some people feel this way, but any legitimate psychiatrist, or analyst, would need actual data and multiple sessions before they could claim that this "repression" was true about a particular person. I have no idea what Karl, You, or whomever on an internet board are or do in reality- much less "what is in their head." But the claims, popular in the media, but, oddly with regard to homosexuality that if you are against redefinition of marriage etc that you "really are one" is absurd. And, logically, wouldn't this work in the opposite? Any married person REALLY wants to be homosexual but they "repressed it" so much and "rebelled" against their "real" desires that they married someone of the opposite sex. Or the homosexual is REALLY normal but "repressed" it and "rebelled" against their "real" desires and so are going out with some one of the same sex. Absurd. But, it is not normal for those lacking real arguments to resort to what is, essentially, ad hominem reasoning.

But, you are debating with people who's definition of reality comes from Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan...

onan

First, Karl, facts are something you seldom use. Second, as I already stated, let anyone read your collective posts. Specifically regarding homosexuality.

You don't have to acknowledge or agree with me. Convincing you of anything beyond your basic understanding is futile. That you feel it necessary to attempt to discredit me with professor or doctor does convince me that you are indeed harboring deep seated insecurities.

Quick Karl

Quote from: onan on June 13, 2015, 11:51:13 AM
First, Karl, facts are something you seldom use. Second, as I already stated, let anyone read your collective posts. Specifically regarding homosexuality.

You don't have to acknowledge or agree with me. Convincing you of anything beyond your basic understanding is futile. That you feel it necessary to attempt to discredit me with professor or doctor does convince me that you are indeed harboring deep seated insecurities.

I've said it a thousand times - homosexuality is a disease of the mind. How does that make your clairvoyance kick-in to convict me of anger? Is it because I belittle your pious all-knowing keeper-of-what-is-right-for-humanity disposition, your excellency?

Here is a fact -- our society has been turned into a giant, infantile, Jerry Springer shitfest, and is far more crass and worse off when compared to life in earlier times when traditional Christian values were the status quo in this country, and queers kept their shit in the closet, where it belongs.

So, what changed?

Answer: Traditional values have been tossed into the gutter by folks like you, and have been replaced with the social dogma of "fuck you I can do whatever I want and you can't make me feel bad about it or I will call you names..."

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 13, 2015, 11:59:39 AM
I've said it a thousand times - homosexuality is a disease of the mind.

Because you said it, doesn't make it so; Professor... You say a lot of things, and they're taken with the same bucket of salt as everything else you pontificate about.

MV/Liberace!

Only closeted gays speak this way.

Quick Karl

Quote from: MV on June 13, 2015, 12:15:55 PM
Only closeted gays speak this way.

Are you speaking from personal experience? According to Professor Onan, you are repressing your natural state of mind.

If I state that my belief is that sociopath serial killers should be locked away for life, does that make me a sociopathic serial killer, in a closet?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 13, 2015, 12:23:25 PM
Are you speaking from personal experience? According to Professor Onan, you are repressing your natural state of mind.

If I state that my belief is that sociopath serial killers should be locked away for life, does that make me a sociopathic serial killer, in a closet?

No; it makes you an uneducated moron for equating the two. As you're a misogynist, how do you feel about rounded sensible men and women referring to you as mentally ill for hating women?

MV/Liberace!

Listen... I know a closeted gay who spends his weekends at highway rest areas when I see one.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: MV on June 13, 2015, 12:47:20 PM
Listen... I know a closeted gay who spends his weekends at highway rest areas when I see one.
That reminds me of when the heir to the Olympia beer business was caught having a little fun at a rest stop on I-5 back around 1980.  Oly sales plummeted overnight.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: VtaGeezer on June 13, 2015, 12:54:11 PM
That reminds me of when the heir to the Olympia beer business was caught having a little fun at a rest stop on I-5 back around 1980.  Oly sales plummeted overnight.

Or the church set up to 'cure' homosexuality. All went a bit awry when the chief 'curer' admitted a)it wasn't an illness and therefore not curable even if you wanted to and b) he had affair with, erm, a man.

You mean you?  The guy who excitedly, expectantly shouts that everyone needs to stock up on ammo whenever the country looks like it might fail?  No talk of community outreach, or sharing resources, or storing enough water, medical supplies, and manual implements so you and your neighbours can rebuild.  Ammo.  So that all the Quick Karls of America can get a boner running around shooting each other once the apocalypse hits.