• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The guests that we actually like.

Started by Borr, June 20, 2009, 04:00:05 PM

ziznak

Interesting in that you find delusional schizophrenics interesting right?  you're not a student of torsion physics I hope.

ChewMouse

Quote from: ziznak on September 17, 2012, 04:36:52 PM
Interesting in that you find delusional schizophrenics interesting right? 
I love the delusional schizophrenics. But they are usually the callers as opposed to the guests. And, once again, RCH is not crazy, he's a sociopath. He knows quite clearly what he's doing and I can only hope that he's bilked a minimum of money from listeners and "fans" for his world travels (with his lovely shyster of a wife) to search for condos on Mars, which for some reason he can do more efficiently in Egypt or Greece.

BigDave

Interesting in that you find delusional schizophrenics interesting right?  you're not a student of torsion physics I hope.

I like His discussions about restarting the space program and the face on Mars

expat

Bob Zimmerman is so much more interesting than that Hoagland snake-oil salesman. Last night in the news segment he gave accurate information about two space stories then stfu, just as he was asked to do. Bravo.

FIRE HOAGLAND.

obliv326

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on June 27, 2009, 10:00:06 PM
I like them too cause they:

A) Aren't pretentious assholes like 99% of the guests about their field.

B) Have their shit together in general.

C) Bring really cool and sometimes shockingly believable EVP's.

I'm with you here. The Ghost Investigators Society. Great radio. Even some good shows with George, overcoming his moronic questions.

I also really like R. Gary Patterson. The guy knows a ton about music and really presents some cool stories

stevesh

I like Patterson a lot, and I enjoyed last night's first-hour guest, Stephen Schochet, a Hollywood tour conductor who wrote a book with a lot of short anecdotes about Hollywood stars. Very entertaining.

chosenbygrace

"we"? I don't know who "we" like but I know who I dislike the least: Linda Molting Howe She Always Overlook the Obvious and Robert Shockingly Silent. How those two keep ignoring the parallels between the Bible, (especially Genesis) and the archeological discoveries they make can only be explained to me as Satan manipulating their hearts.

http://eternian.wordpress.com/evidence

ziznak

hmmmm chosen I'm reminded of a rule that I tend to live by... stay away from anybody that uses the word "grace" too much... normally means they are a saved again Jesus freak. 

anyways... there's a lot of proof for biblical shit in the archeological record.  I love finding out that soddom and ghemorrah probly existed and that Pilate was probly a real dude and maybe so was mr Jesus himself.  I try not to take any of it too seriously.  Like hey the bible is some really old writing.  Way back when people only wrote stuff down if it was really important so for the bible to have made it to our hands today is itself it's own little miracle... only problem is that for this writing to get to us it's gone through god knows how many filters.

Anyways, my point is that yes its interesting and yes there's a connection between whats written and real life but to put too much belief in any of it either way is just not very smart... take it all into consideration and then move on... we'll never get the answers proven anyway...

oh yeah and people that say the word "grace" a lot also tend to be ex-addicts... teehee

Eddie Coyle

Ironically, he never played for the New Jersey Devils...

Pragmier

Eldon Taylor was on the other day; he's one of the more interesting guests and a favorite of mine.

LAM4:2

My favorite guest back in the 90's Art Bell days, is Madman Markham.

ziznak

David Paulides... he's kinda got his own thread here

Sardondi

Quote from: ziznak on January 01, 2013, 11:12:09 PM
David Paulides... he's kinda got his own thread here

Heh. Yeah. Here it is: http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,3212.0.html

And regardless of where folks are on the is-Paulides-a-purveyor-of-the-"Bigfoot-Massacre"-story question, and whether he fairly describes the results of his research, the show he did about 3-6 months ago with Knapp about the national park disappearances was riveting. As far as knowing when to speak and what to say, and how to say it for the greatest effect, that show was at the absolute top of C2C for both host and guest. The only show in years to which I listened to an entire interview. I don't see how anyone could listen to it and not have chills run up your spine.

Erusman

Michio Kaku
Father Malachi Martin
Dr. David Anderson
Bob Lazar
John Hutchinson
Mad Man Markham
Carol Bowman
Lawrence Krauss
David Adair

Falkie2013

Quote from: bigdaddyknapp on June 21, 2009, 12:04:53 AM

Just another example of the negative value Snoory adds to Coast. The Snoory/Mlodinow interview would have been a lot better if someone just sent George out for lunch and let Leondard handle things by himself for a couple of hours.

The problem with sending Jorch out for lunch, is that unlike Alzheimer's patients who go outside and get lost, Jorch always seems to know the way back.

My all time favorite guest was Father Malachi Martin. I also liked Dannion Brinkley. Both of them were kind enough to reply to my emails and questions.

Least favorite is Ed Dames. I think he is full of it.

And I personally think Dr. John Mack was taken out before he discovered something he shouldn't have.

[attachment deleted by admin]

BigDave

He was one of the big guys in the Apollo program at NASA wasn't He? ;D

FallenSeraph

I thought David Paulides was fascinating. At least on the vanished people topic. The Big Foot stuff, not for me.

Mayn

Michio Kaku is the best guest in the show's history. Incredibly informational, not full of crap, and makes difficult subject matter seem so easy to understand. I also enjoy Father Malachi Martin's shows.

For pure entertainment value - I heard Douglas Dietrich a couple of years ago when I flipped over to Coast. I was completely fascinated. That secret technology stuff always draws me in. That was the same show where John B Wells spent one full segment just playing "Court of the Crimson King". The entire song.

Speaking of bigfoot, does anyone remember the Texas Wildman show? The guest's name was Rob Riggs. I remember that one being pretty entertaining as well. I think he was only on once.

CoastCanuck

IMO, Jonathon Cahn and Tom Horn were both great guests.  I suppose that's why I'll keep my Insider subscription - even though I've been skipping a lot of the C2C shows lately, for me, guests like that are worth having podcast access to.

CoastCanuck

I really enjoyed Richard Belzer... didn't buy 100 % of his comments, but he was a great guest.

expat

Bob Zimmerman was excellent last night. I've e'd the powers in the C2C Lubianka to tell them so.

expat

Kevin Mitnick was good -- a no-bullshit guy with actual accomplishments.

Uncle Duke

Best guest I've heard in months was journalist Ben Swann.  Not even John Wells was able to screw up this interview.  Swann talked very intelligently on many of the common C2C topics, his incite into the IRS scandal was outstanding.  He also impressed me greatly explaining the drug wars in Mexico.  Swann's website will one of the few guest sites I'll visit routinely.

henge0stone

I like most of his guests. My favorites are

Father Malachi Martin

graham hancock - lost civilization theory is extremely interesting, just bought his book.

Mel - Interesting stories, not selling anything.

Linda Howe (her voice annoys me sometimes though, not a radio voice) - good researcher wide range of topics

Michio Kaku - makes science interesting

There are so many I cant remember the names of too. Generally Art is very good with picking guests. The only people I really dislike are prophets who just say gloom and doom and make predictions that are always false.