• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

New Podcast Seeks Your Questions About The Future!

Started by TheFurizion, July 09, 2013, 01:30:48 PM

TheFurizion

"The Furizion" is an upcoming podcast series hosted by a world renowned Futurist that is set to begin recording in just under two weeks. Our goal is to provide the public with accurate answers to their future-related concerns based on solid science and logic. If you have any burning questions you'd like to ask, or comments you would like to make about The Future. Please send them along to thefuturizion@gmail.com, written questions will be considered, but seeing as this is a podcast a short audio file would be ideal. We look forward to hearing from you!

Yorkshire pud

A few questions if I may? What is a futurist? A Clairvoyant? Or a social/ economic/ political forecaster? And who is your world renowned exponent of this gift? Thanks in advance.

:)

TheFurizion

Thanks for asking! I assure you that their is no "gift" or "clairvoyance" involved. Allow me to refer to the Wiki definition of "Futurist"

"Futurists (not in the sense of futurism) or futurologists are scientists and social scientists whose speciality is to attempt to systematically predict the future, whether that of human society in particular or of life on earth in general."

Our host name is "Douglas Richards", this is merely a pseudonym however as his past employment puts him at contractual risk for sharing his knowledge. He is now retired and wants to share what he knows about the world ahead of us.

If there's anything else anyone would like to know about the program, please don't hesitate to ask.

TheFurizion

And now I realize that the address is incorrect. Sorry about that, please send any questions to thefurizion@gmail.com. Thanks again.

jazmunda

What are the lotto numbers going to be this Saturday night? ;)

onan

I had to do some simple searching to find out what a futurist was... ermmm, is....ummm will be? Seems to be a word looking for a meaning, like a great deal of half baked ideas that lazy thinkers want to include under the umbrella of metaphysics.

I have no idea who the futurist Douglas Richards is. And I guess that is part of the selling here, and several other forums as well. But world renowned is the description.

Not knowing who, I went to the google and found a fellow named Wacker... not making that up. He talks a great deal and yet not a lot of tangible ideas. I did learn a pessimist and an optimist have different worldviews about the same world... I think I already knew that. perhaps on a quantum level.

I may be way wrong... maybe a futurist is exactly what we need. If you figure it out, please, get back to me.

stevesh

Quote from: TheFurizion on July 09, 2013, 01:30:48 PM
"The Furizion" is an upcoming podcast series hosted by a world renowned Futurist that is set to begin recording in just under two weeks. Our goal is to provide the public with accurate answers to their future-related concerns based on solid science and logic. If you have any burning questions you'd like to ask, or comments you would like to make about The Future. Please send them along to thefuturizion@gmail.com, written questions will be considered, but seeing as this is a podcast a short audio file would be ideal. We look forward to hearing from you!

Searching for 'furizion' returns exactly three links in Bing, so I'm guessing this is a joke or you didn't spell that right, either.

Searching for 'futurizon' leads to the site of a guy named ian Pearson, also a 'futurist'.

Any time I see something like 'contractual risk' used as an excuse for a pseudonym, my BS meter pegs.

onan

Quote from: stevesh on July 10, 2013, 04:00:51 AM
Searching for 'furizion' returns exactly three links in Bing, so I'm guessing this is a joke or you didn't spell that right, either.

Searching for 'futurizon' leads to the site of a guy named ian Pearson, also a 'futurist'.

Any time I see something like 'contractual risk' used as an excuse for a pseudonym, my BS meter pegs.

And Ian has a bachelors in science... says he is an engineer. The next degree listed is DSc(hc) which is an honorary degree. I don't know if it was awarded for work or paid for from some degree mill. But the gap from bachelors to doctorate in engineering science makes me skeptical.

But Ian probably isn't doug. Either way, a palm reader is a palm reader.

TheFurizion

It's an "upcoming" podcast that hasn't even begun recording. Why would you be able to find something on "Bing", that does not yet exist?  If we'd named it "The Eagles Greatest Hits" would the massive amount of results somehow enhance the legitimacy of the program for you?

I will concede that the term "world renowned" was used in much the same way a diner would use the term "world famous" to describe their pancakes, but as Onan pointed out that's simply "part of the selling".

Regardless, arguments on the internet are rarely satisfying and usually just lead to everyone involved looking childish or being called a Nazi. So if you'd like to send in questions that's great and we'd appreciate them. If not, well then that's just wonderful as well. The response via email has been pretty positive and that's all we were really looking for so thanks again!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: TheFurizion on July 10, 2013, 06:03:57 AM
It's an "upcoming" podcast that hasn't even begun recording. Why would you be able to find something on "Bing", that does not yet exist?  If we'd named it "The Eagles Greatest Hits" would the massive amount of results somehow enhance the legitimacy of the program for you?

Well no, it's a non sequitur; Most people have heard of the eagles before their greatest hits..The clue is in the title.  :) . Your protagonist seems to be a man of mystery. I would imagine that such an eminent forecaster/ fortune teller etc, would have made his mark and be as you say 'world renowned', the way I dunno, Richard Feynman was in science. maybe I have a different perspective to things.

I will concede that the term "world renowned" was used in much the same way a diner would use the term "world famous" to describe their pancakes, but as Onan pointed out that's simply "part of the selling".

ahh, nicely covered..I see now. So he has no credibility other than your own assertion, to 'sell' a podcast?

Regardless, arguments on the internet are rarely satisfying and usually just lead to everyone involved looking childish or being called a Nazi. So if you'd like to send in questions that's great and we'd appreciate them. If not, well then that's just wonderful as well. The response via email has been pretty positive and that's all we were really looking for so thanks again!
No doubt..but then any non mainstream broadcast attracts newcomers and the curious.. But your mans credentials haven't been fully explained, so it's difficult to know which questions will be filleted out..  :)