• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

C2C Alternatives

Started by Dark Circles, April 10, 2008, 08:55:10 PM

After MV Radio Train Wreck, what is your favorite podcast alternative to RadioNoory?

Mysterious Universe
4 (9.8%)
InfoWars
4 (9.8%)
Whitley Streiber's Unknown Country
8 (19.5%)
Jim Harold's Paranormal Podcast
4 (9.8%)
Other ...
21 (51.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Dark Circles

I've made Google searches in vain for a show comparable to Coast to Coast. There's some C2C clones out there, but the ones I've heard didn't impress me much... But maybe I haven't given them a chance. I'm open to talk shows with different topics, but I hate the usual syndicated crap that's broadcast during the day. This wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't annoyed with GN. Podcasts aren't out of the question either.

Can anyone suggest some worthy shows?

ArtBellFan

Try www.lauralee.com she has over 400 shows achieved and many are very good.......her shows are not live and there are no call ins.

I think the main alternative to C2C is going to sleep at a decent hour, but every now and then a show is played on Streamer that I haven't yet heard; usually this seems to happen at about 11 PM, resulting in my arrival to work the next day 10 minutes late, and unshaven. There doesn't seem to be anyone else around with the charisma to keep a few million people awake half the night. At the risk of sounding ungrateful it's a shame the streamer isn't like the player Michael uses for his Trainwreck show where you could select the show, but oh well. It's good that someone's keeping Art alive.

ArtBellFan

Of course there is always www.rense.com if you can handle him, he is an anti-semite and an Art Bell wannabe. :o

Dark Circles

Rense's site is a horrible minefield of blinking neon .gifs advertising tin foil hat manufacturers, and web design circa 1994. Enough to turn away only the most of hardened of kooks.

Yeah, you definitely get that vibe looking at the web-site.

Quote from: EvB on April 05, 2010, 06:15:40 PM

You could always try Michael Vandeven's Radio Trainwreck ;-)

AHEM, the question reads ...
                       After MV Radio Train Wreck, what is your favorite podcast   alternative to RadioNoory?                    
(sorry it only shows the full question in the poll title, not the subject line!)

EvB

Quote from: RecoveringNoorholic on April 05, 2010, 08:17:23 PM
AHEM, the question reads ...
                       After MV Radio Train Wreck, what is your favorite podcast   alternative to RadioNoory?                   
(sorry it only shows the full question in the poll title, not the subject line!)

OOPS!

>blush<

MV/Liberace!

actually, the only paranormal type radio show i've ever listened to was art bell, because the subject, despite my interest in it, seems to bring out the boring in people when done by anybody other than art.

I like The Paracast, which is the most consistent, as well as Binnall of America occasionally. Don Ecker does a nightly show on Dark Matters Radio which is decent (mp3's available).  After that, it drops off dramatically in my view.  Occasionally the guys on Paratopia have a good guest (e.g., Phil Imbrogno), but you have to skip all the horseplay which surrounds the interview. The remainder tend to be too "new agey" or downright flaky.

I agree with MV and TfHK generally, though, I like Mysterious Universe a lot. I'm not sure how much it has to do with the actual content as much as their voices. There's something about an Australian accent that is hypnotic.

JAL1628

What about Open Minds Radio! ...hosted by former MUFON director Alejandro Rojas, with Jason McClellan doing the 'UFO News'. This can be downloaded free from iTunes. New episodes post every week.

In the early going they have a lot of techincal trouble but it's gotten A LOT better. All the episodes going back to January are pretty good. Same UFO-related guests as C2C AM, except you can tell the host actually cares and is paying attention.

I love this show.

Quote from: JAL1628 on May 19, 2010, 01:24:03 AM
What about Open Minds Radio! ...hosted by former MUFON director Alejandro Rojas, with Jason McClellan doing the 'UFO News'. This can be downloaded free from iTunes. New episodes post every week.

In the early going they have a lot of techincal trouble but it's gotten A LOT better. All the episodes going back to January are pretty good. Same UFO-related guests as C2C AM, except you can tell the host actually cares and is paying attention.

I love this show.

I'm going to check that out now!

I don't know much about Rojas except Whitley Streiber couldn't stand him because he didn't think Roswell was legit (*gasp*) ... given Whitley's poor judge of character generally (see: "Dr." David Anderson) I'm inclined to think Rojas is probably just swell and his podcast must be as well!

MV/Liberace!

Listen...
if you guys want to hear a good conspiracy type show hosted both by a crackpot (adam curry) and a total buzzkill (john c. dvorak), then you need to check out No Agenda.  i listen to it primarily to hear dvorak, as i find him to be a brilliant commentator, writer, and thinker.  if i have to suffer through listening to adam curry's meanderings to hear dvorak, then that's fine.

the first link below has direct download links:
http://www.dvorak.org/blog/category/no-agenda/
http://www.noagendashow.com/
http://noagenda.mevio.com/

In the morning, to you all.

Hitech Lolife

I'm really into Alejandro Rojas' Open Mind's Radio (was UFO think tank)  Good guests, questions that go a little beyond the same old stuff.

It's all UFO stuff though

elbee

I can't take the mediocore content anymore. Saturdays show with the 40 year od virgin who still lives with his parents (vampire) has pushd me over the edge.

Please post any alternative UFO/paranormal etc radio/podcasts web sites here!

Also - HOW do I stop my streamlink subscription??? I dont want to be paying these suckers anymore!

GEESH!

punkinpie

I was surprised when he claimed to have a wife.  I imagined him to be someone exactly like you said...in Mom's basement playing video games.

elbee

I just can't believe how Punnet puts up with it.

PERSONALLY - It makes me SICK!

This whole VAMPIRE craze is SATANIC (vlad the impaler)

It was predicted in 1995 in the ILUMINATI playing cards -

Talk to russ dizdar about how many satanic (vampire) ritual abuse crimes the police have to deal with (including hlloween baby murders) and this guy is making MONEY off this SICK "religion" (vampireism)

Caruthers612

Quote from: punkinpie on July 04, 2010, 07:50:39 PM
I was surprised when he claimed to have a wife.  I imagined him to be someone exactly like you said...in Mom's basement playing video games.

Jeeyeeyeeyeezuss!!! I just tried to listen to this show after reading these posts and you hit the hail on the Ned. Your image is very funny, and no doubt accurate. I must add one thing, though, and that is, not for the first time, I found Ian almost as annoying as the guest. Really, I couldn't care less if someone is religious nor what their religion is, unless they get all mother superior with it like Ian seems to be lately; I don't know which Ian needs to pull his head out of more, the Bible or his ass.
         And I totally agree, as I've wanted to say for some time, that C2C is and has for some time been OVER. Repeat: OVER. It's been dead for years now, and actually, Michael, if your reading this, why not sever all ties between this site and C2C. You could rededicate the site to something noble, like rectal surgery. Now there's something I could get behind. :-0

M

KnyeGuy

I don't like Ian anymore either. I've been sick of the mediocre content for a few years now and haven't been compelled to stay up and listen to a show for a loooong time.

Now, as far as satanic ritual abuse crimes go, wasn't that just an urban myth that gained hysteria in the 80s and has pretty much been concluded as non-existent?

slipstream

I found what I think is a good replacement for the Snooron.  For the last while I have been listening to Doug McIntyre's Red Eye Radio.  The show features open lines and occasional guests. 

Stream: http://www.wntk.com/listen.php

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: slipstream on August 15, 2010, 08:51:09 PM
I found what I think is a good replacement for the Snooron.  For the last while I have been listening to Doug McIntyre's Red Eye Radio.  The show features open lines and occasional guests.

Stream: http://www.wntk.com/listen.php
holy shit.  i went to his website and the swing music scared me so badly i almost lost my mud.

slipstream

Quote from: MV on August 15, 2010, 10:11:17 PM
.  i went to his website and the swing music scared me so badly i almost lost my mud.

Hahaha Actually, that has happened to me a couple of times  

11angeleyes11

Quote from: MV on August 15, 2010, 10:11:17 PM
Quote from: slipstream on August 15, 2010, 08:51:09 PM
I found what I think is a good replacement for the Snooron.  For the last while I have been listening to Doug McIntyre's Red Eye Radio.  The show features open lines and occasional guests.

Stream: http://www.wntk.com/listen.php
holy shit.  i went to his website and the swing music scared me so badly i almost lost my mud.
It is rated number one in the New York markets.  Coast is number two.  It streams live, and I may give it a listen tonite. 

NightOwl

I only know of Red Ice creations and Rense, but found the second to have lost much of its potential since its prime in late 90's-2000
and don't listen anymore(plus the dude's hair is way too weird). What's this other forum site Fantastic Forums, is this the one Art used
to talk about? Any affiliation with this one? I was going to join, but noticed same person posting most posts? Was wondering if as active
as this one. alex jones sux, but beck more so. That rally was a farce and patriotic propaganda ... as someone in Iraq gets their leg blown
off by another IED.