• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I've come to terms, but now I need advice.

Started by Usagi, June 14, 2011, 08:01:32 PM

Usagi

So, I've finally allowed myself to admit that Art is gone for good.  I've also rid myself of any delusions that C2C will ever be what I want it to be until Noory gets the boot, which likely isn't anytime soon.  I've stopped listening entirely.

That being said, I still enjoy radio and want to find something (a radio show or podcast) that at least touches on Coastish topics and is interesting. I've seen some mentions of shows or hosts that people like or recommend scattered around this section, but I'm to lazy to actually go through it.  I do occasionally listen to Dreamland, but it's pretty boring sometimes.

Background:  Again, Coastish topics.  I'm not an idiot and I don't want to listen to one.  I'm a liberal bordering on pinko (unless I can get a benevolent police state with fashionable Fascist uniforms, which is preferred), so if it's a right-wing hack, I don't really want it.  Actually, I hate political punditry in general.

Suggestions?

fysisist

Mysterious Universe:  Two Aussies do a good job of discussing paranormal news and topics.  No politics at all.  One free podcast a week.  On iTunes and at the MU site.

I like the Paracast myself.  If you have never checked into it, there are weekly shows going back to Feb 2006.  On iTunes or theparacast.com.  Free.  The older show (pre 2010) are by far the best. 

Dark Matters Radio with Don Ecker.  You might not like this too much because he does tend to go off on a conservative or pro-military / pro-law enforcement rant from time to time, but he's an old-school UFO guy. 

Those are my mainstays.  Hope you enjoy at least one of these.  Oh, don't forget about Binnall of America, although he doesn't do show very regularly anymore.  Also on iTunes and binnallofamerica.com

Eddie Coyle

That Glenn Beck seems pretty nifty and cool.

(Just Kidding  :P )

I hate to sound like a defeated,pessimistic lost soul...but I've given up on the weeknight C2C as well. And political hackery seems to predominate overnight airwaves, I tend to listen to music or if for some ungodly reason,she's awake at 3am,talk to my bethrothed. Damn you Noory!

onan

The day Noory said Art does't return emails, I was pretty sure any listening to c2c would be viewed as an interest in Noory and nothing related to Art.

I am pretty sure those twisted sfb's even believe the GNS thread extrapolates into listener-ship.

I find myself falling asleep to the history channel when they do some variation of ufos inside pyramids. Much to my happiness, I awake to some variation of skin product that will give me six-pack abs, or a juicer that grills chickens in 24 seconds.

Usagi

Thanks, fysisist!  I'll start there!

Quote from: onan on June 14, 2011, 09:31:12 PM
a juicer that grills chickens in 24 seconds.

I am all over this baby.

Usagi

Quote from: onan on June 14, 2011, 09:31:12 PM
I am pretty sure those twisted sfb's even believe the GNS thread extrapolates into listener-ship.

No doubt.  I actually feel a little guilty whenever I even make fun of or bitch about Noory on here because suit-types are sure to think that any publicity is good publicity.

also Open Minds Radio, and Whitley Strieber's Unknown Country.