• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151113 - Terrorism in Paris - Open Lines - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 13, 2015, 09:06:28 PM

Quote from: maren on November 14, 2015, 01:35:17 AM
Agree -- and that fear has permeated our entire society and way of life, IMO.  THEY are the ones who could rightly claim "Mission Accomplished". 
I blame / give credit where it's due to main-stream media.

Ciardelo

Quote from: maren on November 14, 2015, 01:43:58 AM
Well since I accidentally closed my feed for the show, I'm thinking it's a sign I should retire for the night.

Wishing all you lovable miscreants a sweet dream-filled slumber.   :)
Good Night maren

Barbara

Quote from: Morgus on November 14, 2015, 01:31:18 AM
SPIKE would be a good name for a cat:
http://lovemeow.com/2012/06/spike-the-cat-who-has-thumbs-and-extra-toes/

Hemingway loved cats with six toes. They have because of the polydactyl gene, they can still mother or father six-toed cats. The Hemingway Home keeps up a selective breeding program for the cats, which live on as one of the most endearing aspects of the writer's legacy.

Polydactyl or Hemingway?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 14, 2015, 01:43:14 AM
BAH!! First one?!

Wrigley is the greatest when me and my 5-year-old awesome son want an afternoon together, but when me and my wife wanna get nuts, there's nothing like a Blackhawks game.

I lived here until 72 and you could watch every game on WGN. Back in the Bobby Hull days. I've been to Wrigley hundreds of times.  The bleachers used to be $1. I will always be a Cubs and Blackhwaks fan, but I won't root for the Bears until they get rid of Cutler. The only time I was ever in the old stadium was back in in 69 to see the Bulls, and that was only because I won free tickets from either the Tribune or the old Sun Times.

trostol

Quote from: Morgus on November 14, 2015, 01:48:01 AM
wasn't it the Romans?

Ancient and modern sources identify four possible occasions for the partial or complete destruction of the Library of Alexandria: Julius Caesar's fire during his civil war in 48 BC; the attack of Aurelian in AD 270 â€" 275; the decree of Coptic Patriarch Theophilus in 391 AD; and the Muslim conquest of Egypt in (or after) AD 642.[2]

Morgus

Quote from: jazmunda on November 14, 2015, 01:50:38 AM
Why does that caller not want to say goodnight to me?
because isn't it afternoon not nighttime down there right now?

MABUSE

OK, so this two-drink minimum, with wine, it should be two bottles, but dammit now they're both empty...
So, as much fun as this has been, time for this camper to blow out the candles and unplug the currant bush.
Night night all, stay safe!
**M**

jazmunda

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 14, 2015, 01:52:04 AM
Because it is still light there?

That's true. On Daylight time now so won't be dark for another hour or two.

JamesMcDonald

Anyway, gonna split.  Nice chatting with you guys.

I'm not religious, but I'll be spreading positive thoughts to those poor families who have suffered over this.

A terrible day.  Friday the 13th often is.  I know a bunch of guys who got stabbed in the back on this day.

Justice is our friend.  Time to get some.

jazmunda

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 14, 2015, 01:53:02 AM
Anyway, gonna split.  Nice chatting with you guys.

I'm not religious, but I'll be spreading positive thoughts to those poor families who have suffered over this.

A terrible day.  Friday the 13th often is.  I know a bunch of guys who got stabbed in the back on this day.

Justice is our friend.  Time to get some.

Good luck. stay safe.