• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Sardondi

I feel truly sorry for child/teen stars. They're often very poorly educated and have had no jobs outside of playing their characters. Many of them are afraid to totally cut loose from their little taste of stardom, so they feel they have to spend a good part of their adult lives being "Eddie Munster of The Munsters", "Robin of the 60's Batman TV show", "Danny of The Partridge Family" and "Will Robinson of Lost In Space and "The Cornfield Kid" from The Twilight Zone tv series". Can you imagine what it must feel like to wake up hungover in another Day's Inn and realize that in two hours you have to be in costume at an opening of a farmer's market in Devil's Asshole, Nevada? And then they hang on, waiting for their big break: to get selected for Celebrity Rehab with Doctor Drew.

Quote from: UFO Fill on August 31, 2012, 05:41:20 PM...She went all Mike Myers/Rhoda Morgenstern on his sorry ass.  It was a hoot.

Okay, I think I have an idea of how she reacted, but I'm missing the precise reference. I think it's Mile Myers that's throwing me.

Morgus

JC called again in to Noory at the end of the third hour tonight.
But this JC's voice sounds different from the original JC - might be a fake.
This JC doesn't sound angry, just talking about Edna.

ziznak

Quote from: Morgus on September 01, 2012, 01:52:30 AM
JC called again in to Noory at the end of the third hour tonight.
But this JC's voice sounds different from the original JC - might be a fake.
This JC doesn't sound angry, just talking about Edna.
I gotta hear this!!  Didn't hear any of last nights show but I do love JC.  I really love Art's back and forth with him though I can't recall the last time he talked to snore-boy.  Heard him with Ian once.... ahhh man that'd be great if he called Wells all like in crazy JC mode!!! lol

I miss those 'boiling pits of sewage' and Art's amused responses. Classic C2C moments. I doubt if JBW has the fast reflexes  it takes for a memorable JC encounter, although it would be amusing to hear what JC does with three minutes of dead air while JBW thinks of a come back. 

Morgus

Quote from: ziznak on September 01, 2012, 07:00:12 PMahhh man that'd be great if he called Wells all like in crazy JC mode!!! lol
that would never happen since John Wells doesn't appear to have many callers.
No open lines and rarely even takes a few callers for his guests.

ziznak

Quote from: Morgus on September 02, 2012, 06:12:09 PM
that would never happen since John Wells doesn't appear to have many callers.
No open lines and rarely even takes a few callers for his guests.
Whats up with that?  It's like he's some sort of robot without enough programming to handle actual human interaction that isn't in some way scripted.

Murder101

I kinda like that about Wells. I don't really like open lines. I tune in to hear the host and the guest not some listener who will gush about getting on then um and ah for a few minutes.

El Kragen

Quote from: Murder101 on September 02, 2012, 10:38:05 PM
I kinda like that about Wells. I don't really like open lines. I tune in to hear the host and the guest not some listener who will gush about getting on then um and ah for a few minutes.

Agreed.

It's one of the best things about Wells hosting. The type of audience C2C attracts makes for terrible radio. The less we hear from them  the better.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: ziznak on September 02, 2012, 06:30:43 PM...It's like  [Wells is] some sort of robot...
Like he is?   I think he just "is."

Quote from: El Kragen on September 02, 2012, 11:15:12 PM...The type of audience C2C attracts makes for terrible radio.  The less we hear from them  the better.
Quote from: Murder101 on September 02, 2012, 10:38:05 PM
...I don't really like open lines. I tune in to hear the host and the guest not some listener who will gush about getting on then um and ah for a few minutes.
Don't forget the useless details, like explaining that they "still lived in Indiana before mom and dad got divorced" when so-and-so event happened, or repeating four or five times that they were outside playing tetherball when whatever event happened, and feeling the need to append how playing tetherball was a big thing at their school back then.
But that's okay for Team Noory, because it gives Georgie more time to look online for addresses of new restaurants where he can AT LAST meet someone to network him into that dream of a network TV gig, and it gives the flunkies time to make desperate phone calls for a lifesaver guest to come on and save Noory's dead ass yet again.

stevesh

Quote from: Ben Shockley on September 03, 2012, 05:21:53 AM
Don't forget the useless details, like explaining that they "still lived in Indiana before mom and dad got divorced" when so-and-so event happened, or repeating four or five times that they were outside playing tetherball when whatever event happened, and feeling the need to append how playing tetherball was a big thing at their school back then.
But that's okay for Team Noory, because it gives Georgie more time to look online for addresses of new restaurants where he can AT LAST meet someone to network him into that dream of a network TV gig, and it gives the flunkies time to make desperate phone calls for a lifesaver guest to come on and save Noory's dead ass yet again.

Couldn't have put it better. Guest or open lines, as soon as I hear a caller say something like, "This happened to me in 1985... no, wait it was 1984, because that was the year after my cat died ..." I switch to a country music station. I'll agree that Wells' habit of not doing open lines (or even guest callers a lot of the time) is a point in his favor in the Wells/Noory Race To The Bottom. More often than not. Noory invites callers to 'tell their stories' rather than ask the guest a question, and they are almost without exception happy to oblige. Rude, if nothing else.

misfit6871

How in the fuck did this guy land this gig?  He is so detached from the show and doesn't listen to a damn thing any of the guests or callers say.  It frustrates the hell out of me.  I only listen when the subject or guest is interesting when he is hosting.  I love, Punnett and Wells.  Knapp is so-so. He seems to be only interested in UFOs.  Enough already.  Jesus, I wish that one of these guys would take over full time.  Preferably Ian but that ain't gonna happen.

ziznak

Ehhhhhh... i don't know man Ian's on our shit-list now and Wells is equated to Snoore's and well you know the collective love for Snoore-boy.  I'd have to say I believe that the least hated C2C host here at Coastgab has to be Knapp... Do we have a poll up for this??

Well we do now on the "if not art then who?" thread... apologies for getting creative with the "boxing style" names.

http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,2736.60.html

Nebraska888

Quote from: ziznak on September 03, 2012, 04:33:24 PM
Ehhhhhh... i don't know man Ian's on our shit-list now and Wells is equated to Snoore's and well you know the collective love for Snoore-boy.  I'd have to say I believe that the least hated C2C host here at Coastgab has to be Knapp... Do we have a poll up for this??

Well we do now on the "if not art then who?" thread... apologies for getting creative with the "boxing style" names.

http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,2736.60.html

KNAPP IS ABSOLUTELY MY FAVORITE....BY FAR!  Ian is second in my book.....

Marc.Knight

Classic Noory on tonight's show concerning abiotic oil:  "You can make it from anything...as long as you have the right ingredients."   ???

michio

Listening to Jerome Corsi climbing up Noory's arse as he tells lies about climate scientists (saying the 'climategate' emails detailed corruption, when in fact there have been 6+ official investigations that have proven no nefarious activity in the emails or by the scientists), brings me to reach a conclusion about him. What a stinkin' P.O.S.  But what else would you expect from one of Noory's choirboys.

Morgus

Somebody needs to disprove Noory's outrageous claims on the air tonight that old oil wells have filled up by themselves overnight. Thats ridiculous.
Noory never has any guest with the opposite view on his abiotic oil theory either.

I'm still a fan of Punnett despite the offensive Neil Armstrong post.

Yiddle

Quote from: M. Knight on September 03, 2012, 11:39:17 PM
Classic Noory on tonight's show concerning abiotic oil:  "You can make it from anything...as long as you have the right ingredients."   ???

Beat me to the draw!  I was just going to post the same thing.  Worth noting, however, this was in response to Gerry Corsi trying to imply that if the nazis could make synthetic oil out of coal, you should be able to make it without coal.  I guess that's kinda like making wine without grapes or any other kind of fruit.

Yiddle

Quote from: Morgus on September 04, 2012, 12:29:06 AM
Somebody needs to disprove Noory's outrageous claims on the air tonight that old oil wells have filled up by themselves overnight. Thats ridiculous.
Noory never has any guest with the opposite view on his abiotic oil theory either.

He had someone on once that told him he's gotta be one of two or three people out there that actually believe in abiotic oil.  He explained why the specific wells that people claim are re-filling are actually misinterpretations of short term data.  The guest told him he was dangerously misleading people and urged him to stop.  I don't remember who it was, but I'm sure he'll never be on again. 

ziznak

Tonight I learned that I can fill the oil wells with turkey bones to make more oil and that EVERYBODY should smoke weed.  It's the "cabannoys" in the weed that are good for yeewwwwww.  Thanks George!!

Quote from: Morgus on September 04, 2012, 12:29:06 AM

He had someone on that wrote a peak oil book in May or June?

Juan

You beat me to posting this one.  It's an outstanding example of sNoory's suckage.

Quote from: ziznak on September 04, 2012, 02:28:10 AM
Tonight I learned that I can fill the oil wells with turkey bones to make more oil and that EVERYBODY should smoke weed.  It's the "cabannoys" in the weed that are good for yeewwwwww.  Thanks George!!

These are just the latest examples in the "truth" as seen by this idiot. In his own way, he's dangerous because he promotes the irrational over reality and people believe him because he's so 'nice'.

It shocks me that ideas so diametrically opposed to reality and science can still be believed by someone who hosts a major talk show nightly.

On a somewhat related note, my website (which I am not trying to plug) has been getting lots of comments lately defending Noory, plus I am getting emails from people who say the show is better.
Believe me the site is small, but perhaps premrat doesn't care the size of a site,  they just want to defend their ghostHost at all costs?

ItsOver

Anybody listen to this new "Ground Zero?"  The local station used to replay the last two hours of the previous C2C show, prior to the night's C2C.  Now it's been replaced with "Ground Zero."  I listened to a little last night and was less than impressed.  It sounded like J.B. Wells on conspiratorial steroids.  I'm gagging as I write this, but I think I would have preferred a Noory rerun. :o
What is with Premrat? 

ziznak

Quote from: ItsOver on September 04, 2012, 11:33:13 AM
Now it's been replaced with "Ground Zero."  I listened to a little last night and was less than impressed.  It sounded like J.B. Wells on conspiratorial steroids.
Is that even possible?  I thought like an airframe breaking apart from a dive that any more conspiratorial pressure would cause most human heads to explode.

ItsOver

Some guy was on with the "Ground Zero" Clyde-guy with a bunch of Osama Bin Laden-related nonsense.  It was pretty hard to listen to, although Clyde-guy does have a good voice.  Too bad he just sounds like another blow-hard, nut case.  Their intro music gave me a headache.  The show is suppose to be out of Portland.  Boy, was that ever obvious.  ::)  Man..... I miss the days of Pahrump.  :-[  Premrat DOES NOT GET IT.

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on September 04, 2012, 11:33:13 AM
Anybody listen to this new "Ground Zero?"  The local station used to replay the last two hours of the previous C2C show, prior to the night's C2C.  Now it's been replaced with "Ground Zero."  I listened to a little last night and was less than impressed.  It sounded like J.B. Wells on conspiratorial steroids.  I'm gagging as I write this, but I think I would have preferred a Noory rerun. :o
What is with Premrat?
Yeah, there is a separate thread here now on that show that PremRat added to their lineup recently.
Its like a c2c warm-up early show.

Morgus

Last night with the second half guest who wanted to legalize cannibus, Noory at one point tried to imitate someone high on pot.
Probably it was what Noory thought someone would sound like based on old tv shows or movies?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Morgus on September 04, 2012, 12:56:39 PM
Last night with the second half guest who wanted to legalize cannibus, Noory at one point tried to imitate someone high on pot.
Probably it was what Noory thought someone would sound like based on old tv shows or movies?

He was actually smoking tumeric in the studio, it just sounded like he was trying to imitate someone high on pot.