• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

SpookyTim

Johnny Carson wanted David Letterman to take over "The Tonight Show," not Jay Leno. The network wanted Leno. The network had the final say.

Heather is no Letterman, but the analogy works.

Metron2267

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 17, 2018, 01:09:58 PM
lol, because talk is cheap. oh, and, i don't believe for a second that Art told Heather she should/could carry on his radio legacy. that's something one puts in writing, if one is serious. where are the receipts?

And yet we know he hand picked her, mentored her, counseled and consoled her, sold her his studio, etc...

Arrive at some other conclusion when the mood fits but please buttress it with reality, please.

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 17, 2018, 10:05:32 AM
Is it Ian's ego?  or that Ian is just more intelligent than many of the guests and doesn't buy their bullshit?

The times I'd like to slap him most are when he's talking to a caller during open lines, or when it's just him at the top of the show.

Next time he has an interesting topic, I'll give skipping the first hour a try

GravitySucks

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 17, 2018, 11:16:46 AM
I’m telling my own story. I can have Alex say “father” if I want.  ???

In Tagalog

SpookyTim

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 17, 2018, 01:09:58 PM
lol, because talk is cheap. oh, and, i don't believe for a second that Art told Heather she should/could carry on his radio legacy. that's something one puts in writing, if one is serious. where are the receipts?

If somebody puts "you will carry on my legacy" in writing, that person is a douche. Let's not confuse bequeathing her with the show name, equipment, etc with carrying on "the legacy."

Everyone in radio is just the next person sitting in a seat. You make that seat your own, and hopefully people miss you for a bit when you're no longer in it, while they get used to the next person in the seat.

Metron2267

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 17, 2018, 01:14:09 PM
Johnny Carson wanted David Letterman to take over "The Tonight Show," not Jay Leno. The network wanted Leno. The network had the final say.

It certainly does!

Metron2267

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 17, 2018, 01:16:05 PM
If somebody puts "you will carry on my legacy" in writing, that person is a douche. Let's not confuse bequeathing her with the show name, equipment, etc with carrying on "the legacy."

Everyone in radio is just the next person sitting in a seat. You make that seat your own, and hopefully people miss you for a bit when you're no longer in it, while they get used to the next person in the seat.

We know this much however, Art did give Dreamland to Whitley, so there's that....

paladin1991

Quote from: mv1 on May 17, 2018, 12:55:32 PM

http://bellgab.com/hack/capture-2.mp4

Oooookay.   maybe the title should be Girls of Bellgab that I'd Like to Pork.... With Your Dick.

Ghost

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 17, 2018, 12:38:57 PM
Who are the people closest to Art who "hate" Heather?

List of people.. feel free to add to:

Airyn
Keith
Whitley
Karen

Well, she's already claimed that Airyn and her brother-in-law are helping her (at least from what I've read online).  She and Keith never got a long (or so I'm told).  What does she care about Karen or Whitley, other than what they can do for her? (I mean this as a legitimate question). Why would anyone else matter, and why would these people actually have a true hatred towards her? Other than IF they felt she was a shady character that Art shouldn't have allowed into his life?

I get that she could just be overreacting, but again.. why put all of this out there (if true) on social media, if for no other reason than to garner sympathy?  It's distasteful.

The widow Airyn - she must hate her. I would hate the mistress of my husband. Heather was living on the compound, but KAREN was chosen to look after Airyn and the kids?

Forget HLW said Airyn helps her - remember Heather lied to all of us about where she lived for over two years!

Lasha - she HAS to be Heather’s new lover. No one else would be that protective.

paladin1991

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 17, 2018, 01:05:00 PM
I believe Art would indeed feel disrespected, yes.

I thought that ART said he had a thick skin?

Bluejay

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 17, 2018, 11:24:44 AM
Lasha, Quick, Look!  ON Facebook!  Somebody posted.  Time for a banning!

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 17, 2018, 11:15:46 AM
Okay, but would you automatically believe it was a message from the other side?

Not just a message from the other side, but the message itself:  before there were two, now there's just one.  Carry on my legacy

Ghost

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 17, 2018, 01:16:05 PM

He didn’t bequeath her his DUMP BUTTON.

Quote from: WinWinS on May 17, 2018, 11:21:46 AM
Well worth it!

And here's a little treat for you all...if you love TRUE CRIME, check out this mind blowing twisted true crime story of serial killer Edward Wayne Edwards for FREE! Like what you hear then just subscribe and get all the past plus all new episodes every Tuesday!
Link- https://www.patreon.com/posts/18279293

What about Spring-heel Jack?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Ghost on May 17, 2018, 01:19:15 PM
Lasha - she HAS to be Heather’s new lover. No one else would be that protective.
;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWbj64Rwfvc

Metron2267

Quote from: Ghost on May 17, 2018, 01:19:15 PM
The widow Airyn - she must hate her. I would hate the mistress of my husband.

Art had a preference for Filipinas, just sayin'...

QuoteHeather was living on the compound, but KAREN was chosen to look after Airyn and the kids?

Just as she was chosen to run and then own his radio station and take care of his compound when he was in the Phillipines, yes.

QuoteForget HLW said Airyn helps her - remember Heather lied to all of us about where she lived for over two years!

So you find it inconceivable that she might be telling the truth about anything then?

QuoteLasha - she HAS to be Heather’s new lover. No one else would be that protective.

The hypotheticals on this one are charting for sure!

:o

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 17, 2018, 01:15:06 PM
And yet we know he hand picked her, mentored her, counseled and consoled her, sold her his studio, etc...

Arrive at some other conclusion when the mood fits but please buttress it with reality, please.

reality? right now there are two MITD programs, George Noory has hosted C2C for 16 years, Heather doesn't own the rights to anything with the Art Bell name, and Keith is in the process of suing Heather & Michael Vara. Legacy.

chefist

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 17, 2018, 01:14:09 PM

In terms of revenue produced, I think the studio was correct...Leno appealed to a broader audience. These are publicly traded companies and are ultimately responsible to their share holders.

Metron2267

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 17, 2018, 01:20:06 PM
I thought that ART said he had a thick skin?

A claim is like a raincoat, useful mostly when it is raining.

Metron2267

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 17, 2018, 01:24:34 PM
reality? right now there are two MITD programs, George Noory has hosted C2C for 16 years, Heather doesn't own the rights to anything with the Art Bell name, and Keith is in the process of suing Heather & Michael Vara. Legacy.

OK, he left her a legal quagmire as a legacy then.

Discuss.

Metron2267

Quote from: chefist on May 17, 2018, 01:24:37 PM
In terms of revenue produced, I think the studio was correct...Leno appealed to a broader audience. These are publicly traded companies and are ultimately responsible to their share holders.

That's because Leno didn't play the I hate the right game like Dave...

Ghost

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 17, 2018, 01:23:54 PM
Art had a preference for Filipinas, just sayin

Filipinos, half Chinese - both got long dark hair and are Asian.

And yes, in court you get caught lying about one detail and everything else you say is suspect.

Bluejay

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 17, 2018, 11:40:57 AM

"There I was, there I was, there I was.  Out in the Desert.  Shadow people flitting fm cactus to cactus.  Moving closer to my position   STalker lighting up firecrackers."
FM next to me, ART's voice, "Well, looks like this might be it."  Sensing that he might be right, I turned to him, open mouthed, tounge fishing that last smoke into better position.....   

"For luck, baby."  ART snatched my last smoke out of my mouth, bogarted it down, and then we turned to face the cumming shadows.

Metron2267

Quote from: Ghost on May 17, 2018, 01:27:52 PM
Filipinos, half Chinese - both got long dark hair and are Asian.

Appetizer logic...

QuoteAnd yes, in court you get caught lying about one detail and everything else you say is suspect.

And this is the court of????

Ghost

And this is the court of????
[/quote]

Bwahahaha you’ve obviously never given a deposition to a lawyer and been sued in court in the US. Anything you say can AND WILL be used against you.