• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Use the fucking dreamland theme.

phrodo

Quote from: sydtron on February 12, 2015, 12:46:20 AM
Man.... just read Artbell.com.   talk about rape!
I am/was an ameture musician. So I understand the getting paid part. Sounds like somebody had a pretty big fucking lobby last time that law was passed. Mechanical rights. Sound production rights. The way I see it. If youre not the guy or gal who wrote the muctherfucker, then you get one payment. Just like putting parts on a car.
There has to be some way to lower the costs.  Shit. I would pay $20. And as for doing the log work. Im sure there are programs that can do that for you.  How do the little guys in basements do it? Granted the only people listening is their mom. Still.  We have to make the math work.

Again - easy solution is to pay Ray Lynch a few grand and use The Oh of Pleasure for everything -- worked for Dreamland and will work again. I ain't listening for the tunes.. just ART's voice dammit. He could play fart sounds going to break for all I care as long as he is talking .. whogivesashit?

jazmunda

Quote from: phrodo on February 11, 2015, 10:26:11 PM
Bumper fucking music?? Dreamland had ONE tune for intro - bumper and goodfuckingnight .. The Oh of Pleasure -- and it was PERFECT.

Quote from: HorrorRetro on February 11, 2015, 11:11:53 PM
I agree. I always felt Dreamland was far superior to C2C anyway. I liked the no-caller format. Have a guest, get straight to the point, and rock and roll.

I'd like to echo these sentiments. I love the music from Art's shows. They were the perfect companion to the show. I have publicly admitted to singing along to ABBA which shames my inner rock and roll god. Would I like the music to be included? Yes. Do I need it to be included? Hell no. I want Art for Art and if that means no music so be it.

Dreamland proved that this can be done and can be done well. Find and use a trippy "oh of pleasure" type theme song. Talk some news, take some calls, use the trippy theme to go in and out of commercials, guest, Crystal Gayle or Cusco and boom you're done. Miles ahead of any competition; terrestrial, satellite or podcast.

In the end Art we're there for you and the content you bring not the music. If we wanted blah blah and some music we'd listen to Noory.

I know you love the music but if the numbers don't add up then to hell with the music hop back in that saddle and take a ride with us.

Quote from: jazmunda on February 12, 2015, 12:53:16 AM
If like to echo these sentiments. I love the music from Art's shows. They were the perfect companion to the show. I have publicly admitted to singing along to ABBA which shames my inner rock and roll god. Would I like the music to be included? Yes. Do I need it to be included? Hell no. I want Art for Art and if that means no music so be it.

Demonland proved that this can be done and can be done well. Find and use a trippy "oh of pleasure" type theme song. Talk some news, take some calls, use the trippy theme to go in and out of commercials, guest, Crystal Value or Cusco and boom you're done.

In the end Art we're there for you and the content you bring not the music. If we wanted blah blah and some music we'd listen to Noory.

I know you love the music but if the numbers don't add up then to hell with the music hop back in that saddle and take a ride with us.

Well said, Sir.

sydtron

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: phrodo on February 11, 2015, 10:26:11 PM
Bumper fucking music?? Dreamland had ONE tune for intro - bumper and goodfuckingnight .. The Oh of Pleasure -- and it was PERFECT.

this.

phrodo

Quote from: jazmunda on February 12, 2015, 12:53:16 AM
I'd like to echo these sentiments. I love the music from Art's shows. They were the perfect companion to the show. I have publicly admitted to singing along to ABBA which shames my inner rock and roll god. Would I like the music to be included? Yes. Do I need it to be included? Hell no. I want Art for Art and if that means no music so be it.

Dreamland proved that this can be done and can be done well. Find and use a trippy "oh of pleasure" type theme song. Talk some news, take some calls, use the trippy theme to go in and out of commercials, guest, Crystal Gayle or Cusco and boom you're done. Miles ahead of any competition; terrestrial, satellite or podcast.

I second the emotion. It's NOT ABOUT THE MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

analog kid

I would just ask musician fans to donate some royalty free music. It's what the other podcasts have always done. The show must go on and all that.

Coz

Hezues Fracking Chris!

Right... bumper music. I'd say I'm through with this guy- except if he actually goes live again I'd listen. But I'm really tired of this on again off again garbage.

Art, dude, I love what you do. You're a great broadcaster and ham... but how much do your fans need to endure?

All this garbage is starting to make Noory look good!

SnapT

Quote from: Coz on February 12, 2015, 01:04:34 AM
All this garbage is starting to make Noory look good!

How many times is Art Bell going to make George Noory look like an EVIL GENIUS?  That's quite a feat!

nextgen.fm

George just played WILDEST DREAMS

One of my and sure arts and your favorite!!!

I'm sad now. Right before bedtime too. Art, I miss your scent. I miss your MUSK!

Coz

Quote from: SnapT on February 12, 2015, 01:08:12 AM
How many times is Art Bell going to make George Noory look like an EVIL GENIUS?  That's quite a feat!

No idea. But he's starting the strain my loyalty. Maybe he doesn't understand that him doing his radio show may not be that important to him.... but he has listeners for who his show has been a large part of their life. I'm one of those.

This on again off again stuff is just so disappointing. The dude could have a ten year run at his age, do a great show, and have fun- even if a monkey was playing a kazoo on the breaks.

Instead... we just get disappointed again.

zeebo

Coz

Quote from: zeebo on February 12, 2015, 01:13:02 AM
Hey Coz welcome back.

Wish I was back talking about the new show.

Thanks bro.

zeebo

Quote from: Coz on February 12, 2015, 01:13:55 AM
Wish I was back talking about the new show.

Thanks bro.

Yeah dramatic times here (again).    :-\

Quote from: Redwolf on February 12, 2015, 12:48:19 AM
Art,

Don't listen to the people who are giving up...they will all listen too...but we've all been pulled 'in' so many times and then it seems the shoe drops. My advice, not that you or anybody asked for it, was NOT to have announced the stream in July and then so shortly afterwords announce you and Kieth have run into problems. It makes everyone upset, even if it is the truth. You have so many loyal fans and they don't all need to see behind the curtain, unless you are asking your fan base for help. You and Kieth can figure this out...for little to NO money! Whitley Streiber's Dreamland uses free music or short licensed music...but it's not about the music...it about you and your voice and your guests and taking a ride with you each time you are on the air. There is such cool and diverse music to choose from that is FREE. Spend the next month finding a big sample of music you like and BAM...you are done. This doesn't have to be a brick wall. It is an opportunity to grow, expand and re-brand yourself. You were the Pirate Radio man...skull and crossbones...who cares about Corporate music...we have all heard it before!! Put your own new spin on it. Cusco can't cost very much to use...and if they do...there is FREE music out there very much like all the kinds of music you like. I say all this with respect and admiration for your talent!

"If you build it...they will come!"

"If you have new music...they will listen"   8)

Nicely nicely said, Redwolf.  You know, we didn't need to be included in this loop, to see what's behind the curtain, to watch the goddamn sausage being made.

I just want to have the Go Date.  Art, raise that flag when the time is nigh.  I'll be here.

jazmunda

Quote from: boba FETT on February 12, 2015, 01:29:58 AM
Yup. Punch to the ole' brain and stomach.

I was thinking a little bit lower on the anatomy.

Quote from: jazmunda on February 12, 2015, 01:33:00 AM
I was thinking a little bit lower on the anatomy.

Dave can lick my salty balls.

I can't live without ART, I've felt like this since Arts post today.

SnapT

Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 12, 2015, 01:43:20 AM
I can't live without ART, I've felt like this since Arts post today.

Catsmile

I've said this before about Art and music, I'll say it again.
I don't care if little Asia Bell toots on a recorder, while banging on a pot with a wooden spoon.

That is... if therez any money left in the budget, after he builds the Hawaiian studio.
Maybe a crowd funding venture to buy Asia a recorder, pot, and spoon?

Keith as a goto man.... F'in head scratch-er!?

I need Morgus at a time like this...

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Catsmile on February 12, 2015, 01:45:15 AM
I've said this before about Art and music, I'll say it again.
I don't care if little Asia Bell toots on a recorder, while banging on a pot with a wooden spoon.

That is... if therez any money left in the budget, after he builds the Hawaiian studio.
Maybe a crowd funding venture to buy Asia a recorder, pot, and spoon?

Keith as a goto man.... F'in head scratch-er!?
Wait, I thought George was one building a Hawaii studio, maybe I missed it, but great post :)

Quote from: nextgen.fm on February 12, 2015, 01:46:47 AM
Wait, I thought George was one building a Hawaii studio, maybe I missed it, but great post :)

Yes it was on track to be built 5 years ago last I heard. Noory allegedly has a girlfriend that lives there, which is why he wants the studio there.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 12, 2015, 12:38:31 AM
I also still do not understand why he can not originate the show from KNYE and that would cover the licensing.

That would make things a lot easier...