• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight in the Desert Guest Recommendations

Started by Chronaut, August 22, 2015, 05:29:02 PM

henge0stone

Quote from: albrecht on August 27, 2015, 05:54:24 PM
Come on. Jason would be a great show! Especially considering the social progress we've had with regard to gender, race, and sexuality becoming choices and now simply "self-identifying" means you are whatever you wish. Bring on Jason.

No, just no. The whole transgender thing is wrong on so many levels, but everyone is too liberal to talk about it. They have books now about 8 year olds who are transgender, eight year olds! At least wait till you hit puberty for god sake.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2004/jul/30/health.mentalhealth

Operations just make things worse. It's a mental distortion, I know people are going to say 'oh that's what they said about being gay!' but it isn't. Orientation and what you are physically are two different things entirely. I wanted to be a dog when I was eight should I have been able to have an operation to make me look like one?
A man can never really become a women and vice versa it's like mr. Garrison said from south park,
"I'm just a man with a mutilated penis!"

Didn't mean to derail this..

smitty9999

I would love to hear a guest who has read the Phone Calls from the Dead book, by D Scott Rogo and is knowledgeable in that field

http://www.amazon.ca/Phone-Calls-Dead-D-Scott-Rogo/dp/0136643345

David Lynch
Jordan Maxwell
Steve quayle

Oh and someone still alive from the original polergeist movie to discuss the curse of the movie.

henge0stone

I don't think Art ever did a show on the Jersey Devil. Its basically just colonial folklore but colonial folklore  an of itself is an awesome topic. Also there were a lot of sightings of it in 1909.

coaster

Someone did an AMA at reddit recently. He was a park ranger or something and said he had seen a lot of things while on the job. First thing I thought when I saw it was that it could make a good show. Reminded me of the missing people guy from years back.

Juan Cena

Quote from: coaster on August 28, 2015, 10:23:39 PM
Someone did an AMA at reddit recently. He was a park ranger or something and said he had seen a lot of things while on the job. First thing I thought when I saw it was that it could make a good show. Reminded me of the missing people guy from years back.

You mean Paulides?

albrecht

Quote from: henge0stone on August 28, 2015, 10:19:47 PM
I don't think Art ever did a show on the Jersey Devil. Its basically just colonial folklore but colonial folklore  an of itself is an awesome topic. Also there were a lot of sightings of it in 1909.
He has on C2C a few times- but it would a nice subject to revisit! Also the area, like the subject of the "Jackson Whites" clan and Ramapo Mountain Indians (not recognized, legally, I think.)

I always like stories/guests about odd clans, feral people, throw-backs, isolates, purposeful built communities, cults, etc.

coaster

Juan Cena

Quote from: henge0stone on August 28, 2015, 05:29:49 PM
No, just no. The whole transgender thing is wrong on so many levels, but everyone is too liberal to talk about it. They have books now about 8 year olds who are transgender, eight year olds! At least wait till you hit puberty for god sake.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2004/jul/30/health.mentalhealth

Operations just make things worse. It's a mental distortion, I know people are going to say 'oh that's what they said about being gay!' but it isn't. Orientation and what you are physically are two different things entirely. I wanted to be a dog when I was eight should I have been able to have an operation to make me look like one?
A man can never really become a women and vice versa it's like mr. Garrison said from south park,
"I'm just a man with a mutilated penis!"

Didn't mean to derail this..

There's nothing wrong with the love between a man and a horse.

albrecht

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 28, 2015, 11:48:12 PM

Tell me that isn't Jason! He said to Ian he wouldn't act on his feelings (though maybe in this Obama brave new world....)

Justme

How about Clif High from halfpasthuman.com with their web bot predictions?

henge0stone

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 28, 2015, 11:48:12 PM

The Bronies have started clopping. God help us.

Juan Cena

How about Art interviewing Darlene Love? She had a new album coming out next month, which was produced by Steven Van Zandt.

The first single, "Forbidden Nights," was written by Elvis Costello

http://youtu.be/X4915gjpFEo

michio

More guest suggestions...

Charles Shults III: I never tire of hearing what he has to say as he's always an interesting guest. There isn't a whole lot of doom and gloom in his vision of the future, which is refreshing and encouraging.

Dean Kamen: Inventor of the Segway and various medical devices that help people live longer and better lives. Kamen's an advocate for science and technology. IOW, my kind of dude.

Bill Gates and/or Steve 'Woz' Wozniak: Microsoft and Apple co-founders who would have a wealth of early personal computer stories to tell. Get your geek on.

The Allagash Abduction four: I was hoping Knapp would have interviewed them by now, but no luck. Two of them were twins and the other two were friends of the twins, but they all might have been part of something extraordinary in Maine's Allagash Wilderness during a camping trip.  Maybe it's a contrived hoax as some say, maybe it's due to confabulated memories from the hypnoses they underwent, or perhaps it's a glimpse of a rare and difficult to see hidden reality that continues to enthrall us.

henge0stone

Quote from: michio on August 30, 2015, 05:59:30 AM
More guest suggestions...

Charles Shults III: I never tire of hearing what he has to say as he's always an interesting guest. There isn't a whole lot of doom and gloom in his vision of the future, which is refreshing and encouraging.

Dean Kamen: Inventor of the Segway and various medical devices that help people live longer and better lives. Kamen's an advocate for science and technology. IOW, my kind of dude.

Bill Gates and/or Steve 'Woz' Wozniak: Microsoft and Apple co-founders who would have a wealth of early personal computer stories to tell. Get your geek on.

The Allagash Abduction four: I was hoping Knapp would have interviewed them by now, but no luck. Two of them were twins and the other two were friends of the twins, but they all might have been part of something extraordinary in Maine's Allagash Wilderness during a camping trip.  Maybe it's a contrived hoax as some say, maybe it's due to confabulated memories from the hypnoses they underwent, or perhaps it's a glimpse of a rare and difficult to see hidden reality that continues to enthrall us.

I agree with Allagash Abduction case, he should totally interview some of them. It was an interesting case, I've seen the unsolved mysteries episode about it many-a times. He should get one of the abductees that way there won't be any danger of a drama queen investigator like with the Rendalsham guy. We still need a good Rendalsham guest.

A long shot, but I would like Chuck Yeager to be a guest. He recently endorsed Donald Trump for president so that is something to talk about.

Perhaps another long shot, since I do not know if he is an interviewing kind of guy, the ufologist Michael Swords. He blogs at http://thebiggeststudy.blogspot.com. He has been around for a long time.

And Jaron Lanier would be an interesting guest.

And an NSA employee line should be the new Area 51 worker line.

AppealPlay

I think Dr. Michael Baden would be a great guest for Art.

Juan Cena

Bill Walton! It would be a blast hearing Bill share his Grateful Dead stories, his interest in alternative energy, basketball, his health battles, and oh yeah, pot.

Juan Cena

Quote from: ernogoldfinger on August 31, 2015, 12:21:24 AM
A long shot, but I would like Chuck Yeager to be a guest. He recently endorsed Donald Trump for president so that is something to talk about.

Perhaps another long shot, since I do not know if he is an interviewing kind of guy, the ufologist Michael Swords. He blogs at http://thebiggeststudy.blogspot.com. He has been around for a long time.

And Jaron Lanier would be an interesting guest.

And an NSA employee line should be the new Area 51 worker line.

I don't know who Michael Swords is, but a show on swords would probably be fascinating.

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 31, 2015, 05:49:34 PM
I think Dr. Michael Baden would be a great guest for Art.
I'll second that.  He had to have some good stories from over the years!

Also, not sure about who for the guest, but some special show for the 28th?  When there's a full lunar eclipse visible across all of the US before and during the first part of the show.

There needs to be a show on the West Memphis Three. WM3.. Damien Echols maybe..

Juan Cena

Prof Kim Craft, who wrote a book on Elizabeth Bathory, supposedly the worse female serial killer in history. Bateman interviewed here a few months back.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Juan Cena on September 02, 2015, 12:16:54 AM
Prof Kim Craft, who wrote a book on Elizabeth Bathory, supposedly the worse female serial killer in history. Bateman interviewed here a few months back.

Serial killer guests in general are usually interesting.  The detective that interrogated Jeffrey Dahmer after his arrest in Milwaukee, Patrick Kennedy, would be an amazing guest.  I heard him on another radio show several years ago now.  I believe he and another guy made a documentary about the case.

DinamoDennis

I keep saying it James Randi

I know he goes against everything we all love but I think if anyone can make this guest work and be an instant classic its Art.

So my vote is for "The Amazing Randi" before he...you know...kicks the bucket

Michael Tsarion does a great interview. I especially like his take on Atlantis and the female illuminati.
Josh Reeves is also into some interesting stuff over at theglobalreality.com ... real giants, ancient tech, the rare earths coverup, and Rockwall, TX.
Whether you believe what these guys are talking about or not, they are both very entertaining and have tons of info to share. Both (IMHO) are very good researchers.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Lehmberg on September 02, 2015, 09:50:58 AM
Regarding Big UFO Flaps, Orders to shoot UFOs down, and crashed saucers:

Hiya!  Alfred Lehmberg here (good friends with Nancy Birnes) on behalf of Frank Feschino. 

I write to suggest a guest lauded by Bill Birnes, Stanton Friedman, Richard Dolan and others. 

Frank Feschino has devoted 21 years to investigating the 1952 "Summer of Saucers" UFO flap, the attendant "shoot them down" orders to the military, and evidence of evading ETs shot down themselves.  All this makes for a well supported case regarding an undeclared air war with an ET... a crazy story right _out_ of the 50s I know, but the evidentiary pathway is compelling in extremis. 

Chief among Feschino's concerns are the fates and reputations of the brave missing airmen launched into the teeth of this battle to shoot down UFOs, who never came back.

Frank's website is here for your convenience.  Thanks for your time.

http://www.flatwoodsmonster.com/

Alfred Lehmberg

I second your request, Alfred! I would also suggest Richard Dolan as a regular guest - at least monthly, if not twice a month. Tonight's choice of Peter Davenport is excellent - I would suggest him as a regular as well. I would also bring back Peter Robbins, despite the rather rough showing recently, but have hime speak of his own experiences and the state of UFOlogy in general (pretty much everything but Rendlesham) Despite the showing, he really is a brilliant and well educated man that has a heart of gold.

As a general suggestion I would like to see the show in general become less about making "good radio" and more about seeking the truth.  Art has already proved he can make good radio.  We're all getting old(er) including Art. I want to get closer to the answers even if this raises more questions! There is indeed seems to be truth in the concept that we are being visited by "something or someone", and that there is a general pattern to OBEs, NDEs, reincarnation, ghosts, and telepathy.  There are indeed conspiracies in economics and government. I've dreamed that there would be a radio show that cuts through the crap, brushes aside politics and religion, Theosophy and side shows and really digs in deep to real issues.

slippingaway

I think JJ Abrams would be an interesting interview.  I've been plowing through episodes of Fringe and I think he has, at least, listened to some Art.

Let's face it: if we are going to indulge in some of the extravagent stories that we do, many of which can NOT ALL BE TRUE, why not talk about the general theater of Science Fiction?