• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Quote from: Deeyeennoveeyetee E. on June 05, 2017, 02:16:57 AM
Caller: "I was thinking about 'X' phenomenon, and specifically this way....  my question is, have you or any of your listeners ever had that experience, as well?"
George: "Interesting take. Now we move on to our next caller, it's So-and-so! How are you??"
Ha, ha, ha.  That would be "how are yeeewww," though.  ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on June 05, 2017, 05:08:32 AM
Towards the end a caller suggested George might want to be socializing on his birthday. George replied that it was "safer to be on the air." Safer? What dangerous things does he do when socializing? Pizza rolls, but what else?
Maybe a little too much of the grape?

Eh, Jorch.  Don't forget to call your designated driver, Tommee, for a ride.

pyewacket

What could George's big announcement be? He's done this before and IIRC it usually turns out that he's renewed his contract for another 10 years or they got some new affiliates- boring and predictable. Just for once I wish it would actually be something shocking and out of left field like George announcing that he and Heather are shacking up in Art's back yard shack and doing a show together- first guest up- Art's stalker. George's first question- "Tell us how you got started doing what you do."

That would be fun!

Zetaspeak

Quote from: ShayP on June 04, 2017, 10:57:02 PM
Plus there is no super beets or tangerine crap in the photo.  Maybe they should throw "Doc" Wallach in the picture as well.

You are right, the graphic should have Jorch and the Doc with a giant vacuum with the hose right into an elderly woman purse.

Quote from: pyewacket on June 05, 2017, 08:13:32 AM
What could George's big announcement be? He's done this before and IIRC it usually turns out that he's renewed his contract for another 10 years or they got some new affiliates- boring and predictable. Just for once I wish it would actually be something shocking and out of left field like George announcing that he and Heather are shacking up in Art's back yard shack and doing a show together- first guest up- Art's stalker. George's first question- "Tell us how you got started doing what you do."

That would be fun!

More Carnivora breakthroughs. Now in addition to curing mange and distemper it eliminates hoof and mouth disease. And it cures insanity, don't forget that.

The mutual admiration society meeting last night was quite the display of pandering, this morning Snorch has a love hangover.

Whatever the announcement it's safe to say it will be about Snorch, him being such a big star and all.

PaulAtreides

That would be fun!

I believe Jorch is going to announce that Premiere is building him a studio in some far off tropical paradise.  That, or that Carnivora cures the clap, ringworm and anal warts.

ItsOver

Quote from: ShayP on June 04, 2017, 10:57:02 PM
Plus there is no super beets or tangerine crap in the photo.  Maybe they should throw "Doc" Wallach in the picture as well.
Yes, I thought that, too, Shay.  At least add the shyster doc and The Numbers Nut.  Jorch just continues to drive C2C ever deeper into the abyss of suck. 

ItsOver

That would be fun!
Heh, heh, heh. 

ItsOver

Quote from: PaulAtreides on June 05, 2017, 11:27:56 AM
I believe Jorch is going to announce that Premiere is building him a studio in some far off tropical paradise...
There'll be a third version of "Hawaii 5-0" before Jorch's Hawaiian paradise is completed.

diowulf

Sad to hear Richard Syrett being force marched into this line of butt kissers and hucksters. Gotta agree with previous poster that Paulides is vague with details, at least on air. He doesn't doesn't do it for me but more power to those who enjoy it. Anything is better than Doc Wallet.

I know what the big announcement is..Mel has come back from Boston!

aldousburbank

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on June 05, 2017, 11:19:45 AM
And it cures insanity, don't forget that.

You'd have to be crazy to believe that, thus rendering the cure ineffective.

zeebo

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 05, 2017, 12:44:45 PM
You'd have to be crazy to believe that, thus rendering the cure ineffective.

It also cures apathy but nobody cares.

ItsOver

Quote from: diowulf on June 05, 2017, 12:40:24 PM
Sad to hear Richard Syrett being force marched into this line of butt kissers and hucksters. Gotta agree with previous poster that Paulides is vague with details, at least on air. He doesn't doesn't do it for me but more power to those who enjoy it. Anything is better than Doc Wallet.

I know what the big announcement is..Mel has come back from Boston!
Paulides and Syrett?  LOL.  Welcome to Jorch's family.  You are now official hucksters.  I hope yeeewww enjoyed slobbering all over Jorch's ring.

albrecht

John Hogue is creating a new calendar, well, really a "return to our pagan roots," and "thinks it will catch on." Norry actually pressed him on all these books he writes and he was forced to admit "ebooks" but "print to follow."

Credit to Thomas in LaJolla for breaking the Qatar news.

Gd5150

Wow who's still recovering from that awesome party last night? That was one crazy shindig.

albrecht

Quote from: Gd5150 on June 05, 2017, 09:35:17 PM
Wow who's still recovering from that awesome party last night? That was one crazy shindig.
I know. For a mild-mannered Canadian that Syrette can really party! I haven't seen rails that long since my last trip on Amtrak. And who can forget Norry doing body-shots off the "Numbers Lady" or when Tommee "resisted" the officer sent over due to the noise complaint- making a big joke about him being a "secret door" guest? Luckily Norry mentioned about how many loyal listeners they had in law enforcement so no arrest was made (and the officer didn't hear Knapp with the lampshade over his head cackling "you also are the most popular radio show for people in prison, Norry!")

Zetaspeak

Quote from: albrecht on June 05, 2017, 06:20:21 PM
John Hogue is creating a new calendar, well, really a "return to our pagan roots," and "thinks it will catch on." Norry actually pressed him on all these books he writes and he was forced to admit "ebooks" but "print to follow."

Credit to Thomas in LaJolla for breaking the Qatar news.

LOL I do like the caller asked a more interesting and breaking news question than Jorch did. But you can't blame Noory he wrote his question notes 3 days before the Qatar news.

Another thing, Hogue thinks that the Saudi weapons deal is a bad move because he thinks these weapons always seem to fall into enemy hands eventually. George agrees! Yet this is the same Jorge who also agreed with the Corsi/Curtis of the last few weeks that this was a GREAT successful middle east trip which of course the centre-piece of it all was the arms deal. How on earth can you agree in both?

ItsOver

Damn.  That is so weirdly like Jorch holding a baby Tommee, it freaks me out every time I see it.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on June 05, 2017, 10:01:15 PM
How on earth can you agree in both?

What is it we're assuming here? That he's paying attention?

Yeeewww have fallen into a Snorch-portal, where nothing and everything make sense all at the same time!

NoMoreNoory

Joorch banging on again about 'that nut job in North Korea'. How about that nut sack behind the microphone in LA, Joorch?

Snorch told his boring radio origin story again last night -  all my family were dentists, my dad wanted me to be a dentist, so I was in dentistry school for 2 years at the University of Detroit, then a friend who was in the broadcasting program invited me to check it out, Georchie loved it, then he got a job working at the ABC TV affiliate and everybody loved him there so he got a part-time job there - now it gets really exciting, Georchie never told his dad that he had left the dentistry program and switched to the broadcasting one. Uh oh -  the school sent his report card to Georchie's parents home because Georchie was still living at home and Georchie's dad opens the envelope with his report card inside because while Georchie is 20 years old his parents treat him like he's 8.  When Georchie comes home and sees the report card in Papa Noory's hand he asks 'how'd I do Pops?'.  Papa Noory replies 'I dun know how you did Georchie but a somebody got straight A's in the broadcasting!'.  *Maudlin violin music*  'Papa ........ that's me. I was too scared to tell you, I left dentistry. I want to be a broadcaster, I love it so Papa. I want to be like Edward R. Murrow.' Georchie's dad said nothing, the news had crushed him, and angered him. For TWO months he did not speak to Georchie, his own flesh and blood. Then one evening Papa Noory was watching the news on the ABC local affiliate and when it ended they rolled credits down the screen and there was Georchie's name. *Maudlin violin music returns*  'Georchie, I am a foolish old man. I only want the best for you, a good future. But I realize that you are a man now and this broadcasting make you happy. So follow your dream Georchie, you have my blessing.'

In previous tellings of that story it was ONE month his father didn't talk to him, last night it grew to two months.

So if Snorch was born in 1950, he would have turned 18 at the height of the Vietnam draft,  he did 2 years of pre-dentistry then it sounds like 3 or 4 years for a broadcasting degree which would take him up to 1973 - the draft ended in January of 1973 so he avoided the draft.  If he was so gung ho about broadcasting why would he enlist in the Navy and spend 9 years at some desk job?

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 06, 2017, 02:50:21 AM
Snorch told his boring radio origin story again last night -  all my family were dentists, my dad wanted me to be a dentist, so I was in dentistry school for 2 years at the University of Detroit, then a friend who was in the broadcasting program invited me to check it out, Georchie loved it, then he got a job working at the ABC TV affiliate and everybody loved him there so he got a part-time job there - now it gets really exciting, Georchie never told his dad that he had left the dentistry program and switched to the broadcasting one. Uh oh -  the school sent his report card to Georchie's parents home because Georchie was still living at home and Georchie's dad opens the envelope with his report card inside because while Georchie is 20 years old his parents treat him like he's 8.  When Georchie comes home and sees the report card in Papa Noory's hand he asks 'how'd I do Pops?'.  Papa Noory replies 'I dun know how you did Georchie but a somebody got straight A's in the broadcasting!'.  *Maudlin violin music*  'Papa ........ that's me. I was too scared to tell you, I left dentistry. I want to be a broadcaster, I love it so Papa. I want to be like Edward R. Murrow.' Georchie's dad said nothing, the news had crushed him, and angered him. For TWO months he did not speak to Georchie, his own flesh and blood. Then one evening Papa Noory was watching the news on the ABC local affiliate and when it ended they rolled credits down the screen and there was Georchie's name. *Maudlin violin music returns*  'Georchie, I am a foolish old man. I only want the best for you, a good future. But I realize that you are a man now and this broadcasting make you happy. So follow your dream Georchie, you have my blessing.'

In previous tellings of that story it was ONE month his father didn't talk to him, last night it grew to two months...

Yeah, because everyone watches the credits after the nightly news.  I thought Pa Noory worked at the Ford plant his whole life, the only other thing I remember about him was the hamster stomping incident.

Usually when Snorch begins to wax nostalgic - as if he's some kind of legend being interviewed by Eleanor Roosevelt - I vanquish the retch response by turning off the the radio. I guess his rabid fans really sop that stuff up, like Dr. Dimbulb could really have gotten through two years of dentistry school. This coming from a man who once referred to his uvula as "that little flapper thing at the back of your throat."

ItsOver

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on June 06, 2017, 04:49:52 AM
Usually when Snorch begins to wax nostalgic - as if he's some kind of legend being interviewed by Eleanor Roosevelt - ...
Hahaha... Jorch is the classic example of a legend in his own mind.

What we really need is another frustrated rant about the people living in the basement of their mother's mud huts and stealing their neighbor's electricity.

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 06, 2017, 10:07:36 AM
What we really need is another frustrated rant about the people living in the basement of their mother's mud huts and stealing their neighbor's electricity.
And eating rats for dinner.  Come on, Jorch.  Yeeewww know yeeewww want to do it.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on June 06, 2017, 10:25:49 AM
And eating rats for dinner.  Come on, Jorch.  Yeeewww know yeeewww want to do it.

The other nite poor Annie called in with a story about a bug stuck in her dinner roll.  Noory blurts out at the end "I bet you ate it anyway!"   :-\

Morgus

Noory's "big announcement" has been revealed today at the c2cam website, its a long term contract extension: :o

Premiere Networks today announced an exclusive long-term agreement with George Noory to renew and extend his relationship with the company. Under the new agreement, George will continue his current role as host of Coast to Coast AM, the most-listened-to overnight radio program in North America, which reaches nearly three million weekly listeners on more than 600 radio stations across the U.S.

http://www.adweek.com/digital/george-noory-coast-to-coast-am-contract-renewal/

fake news

"which focuses on the paranormal but also occasionally diverts to other topics like politics, personal health and finance"

should be

"which focuses on politics, personal health and finance but also occasionally diverts to other topics like the paranormal"

perhaps they'll pay him in Premiere stock

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus link=topic=3.msg105t8082#msg1058082 date=1496786922
Noory's "big announcement" has been revealed today at the c2cam website, its a long term contract extension: :o

Premiere Networks today announced an exclusive long-term agreement with George Noory to renew and extend his relationship with the company. Under the new agreement, George will continue his current role as host of Coast to Coast AM, the most-listened-to overnight radio program in North America, which reaches nearly three million weekly listeners on more than 600 radio stations across the U.S.

http://www.adweek.com/digital/george-noory-coast-to-coast-am-contract-renewal/
Of course.  It just HAD to be about him.  Bug eater Jorch.