• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts

valdez

John Weisman on Killing Bin Laden.  I still get giddy just thinking about it.  Then police advocate Andy Ramirez on the case of Jesus Enrique Diaz, a border patrol agent serving a 24 month sentience for mistreating a drug trafficker during an arrest.  Ramirez was a little shaky, and maybe the truth of what happened lies somewhere in that murky, infamous, "grey area," but what I got out of it was just how much the Mexican government, and the drug cartels, influence our own efforts to control and protect our border.  A congressional investigation wouldn't be a bad idea.  Ed Dames didn't call in.

Cartoon: Osama bin Laden in Hell...ven (medium) by rodrigo tagged osama,bin,laden,hell,heaven,virgins,islam,al,qaeda,terror,strike

11angeleyes11

Ed Dames may have not called in, but I am sure he remote viewed it.

Quote from: valdez on November 13, 2011, 06:44:58 AM
     John Weisman on Killing Bin Laden.  I still get giddy just thinking about it.  Then police advocate Andy Ramirez on the case of Jesus Enrique Diaz, a border patrol agent serving a 24 month sentience for mistreating a drug trafficker during an arrest.  Ramirez was a little shaky, and maybe the truth of what happened lies somewhere in that murky, infamous, "grey area," but what I got out of it was just how much the Mexican government, and the drug cartels, influence our own efforts to control and protect our border.  A congressional investigation wouldn't be a bad idea.  Ed Dames didn't call in.

Cartoon: Osama bin Laden in Hell...ven (medium) by rodrigo tagged osama,bin,laden,hell,heaven,virgins,islam,al,qaeda,terror,strike

John Weisman didn't really say anything new. Ian seemed to expect him to know what really happened in the Abbottabad raid, and kept pushing for the real story. John was sort of stuck between 'well, I can't say for sure what really happened, but this is what I've heard' and trying to promote his fictional book which is supposed to shed light on the whole ordeal at the same time. Bit of a deadlock.

Scully

Quote from: valdez on November 13, 2011, 06:44:58 AM

Agreed, Valdez, agreed.

Here is a recent article of Ian being interviewed:

http://www.allaccess.com/news-talk-sports/10-questions/archive/11581/10-questions-with-ian-punnett

Apparently he does think he's funny..

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 14, 2011, 08:15:05 AM
Here is a recent article of Ian being interviewed:

http://www.allaccess.com/news-talk-sports/10-questions/archive/11581/10-questions-with-ian-punnett

Apparently he does think he's funny..

Thanks for the link, PB.  You're one of my top 10 favorite posters.  But be nice to my boy Ian or I'll have to beat you up.   :P 

Punnett goes "JFK" crazy tonight.
But I think even better will be the man from Amityville horror. http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/offbeat/man-from-amityville-horror-house-tells-truth-10302011

The show tonight looks interesting. I keep my coast 'insider' for his broadcasts along with Knapp.. and I am getting to like J.B. Wells along with his voice despite the outcry on this message board against him.. he is growing on me.

valdez

Quote from: HorrorReporter on November 19, 2011, 06:50:03 PM
Punnett goes "JFK" crazy tonight.  But I think even better will be the man from Amityville horror.

You were right.  Conspiracy guy, Kenn Thomas brought up a lot of strange stuff, and that "Fred Crisman" fellow he talked about, somehow connecting ufos to Kennedy, made for cool late night radio, but there were times when Thomas was just a little too cagey for me.  Christopher Lutz deserved more time.  Yeah, he was very low key, and took forever to answer simple questions, but the "stepdad/transcendental/demon summoning" angle to that whole Amityville story (as well as it's exaggerations) was interesting.  A good show.

punnett could have had less JFK and more of the Amityville story.. I thought that was fascinating

I've heard Chris Lutz on other shows, and he is very frustrating to listen to. Likes to tease and can be incredibly patronizing when he sets up his stories. "Do you know what an imaginary friend is?". Ian: "Uh......yeaaaaah."

VtaGeezer

I was surprised Punnett didn't drop Lutz when he said he would limit his responses because of a movie (or was it a book?) deal.  He was evasive and unresponsive.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 20, 2011, 05:54:01 PM
I was surprised Punnett didn't drop Lutz when he said he would limit his responses because of a movie (or was it a book?) deal.  He was evasive and unresponsive.

Yeah, the conversation was very close to taking a wrong turn, and quite frankly I don't think it ever recovered even with the great revelation about George Lutz being some sort of quasi-occultist. Makes you wonder how Snoory would have handled it, considering he now dumps guests on a whim, but probably not because they are saying too little.....usually because they are saying shit he can't deal with.

Morgus

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 20, 2011, 05:54:01 PM
Lutz was only on for the first hour anyway, so no need to cut down further.
Besides Ian was so fascinated he said he was going to have some callers for him but when he checked the time the hour was already up - it went by so fast for him he hadn't realized that ...

Scully

I have a friend who says he and several others talked with Lutz in 2003 in Augusta GA where Lutz was living at the time.  Lutz's story to the group then was that the whole story was a scam, cooked up by Ronald De Feo's lawyer, Jay Anson (who then wrote the book) and George and Kathy Lutz. 

b_dubb

as in ... hmmmm ... how can we turn this mass killing into a money making machine?  i never believed the stories.  if there had been a portal to hell in that kids bedroom, why isn't it still there?  or is that where we are secretly dumping the bankers and high finance schmucks that caused the economy to bomb?  how cool would that be

CoastCanuck

I admit I haven't listened to Ian Punnett in a long time as he's not my cup of tea.  I listened to the 3 hours of the JFK Maury Island show this past Saturday night.  The first hour was good.  But it seems to me the second hour, Ian digressed into the octopus as he is planning on reading this book over the holidays.  After that, they never seemed to get back into discussing the Maury Island story.  Then, they jumped all over to different topics.  My opinion, for what it's worth. 

11angeleyes11

Holiday news flash across the CP, Coast Press.  There is new DB Cooper information.  An update should be forthcoming.

Don't choke on your drumstick, Ian.  George will not steal the stuffing, DB Cooper is your turkey.  Every good Coast fan knows that.

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on November 24, 2011, 09:33:10 AM
Holiday news flash across the CP, Coast Press.  There is new DB Cooper information.  An update should be forthcoming.

Don't choke on your drumstick, Ian.  George will not steal the stuffing, DB Cooper is your turkey.  Every good Coast fan knows that.

....Noory won't be giving us breaking news!?

No cue cards must have been available...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on November 24, 2011, 09:33:10 AM

And it just so happens to be on the 40th anniversary...what a coincidence!

js9989

Just stumbled across this forum the other day and I am pleased to see there is actually a community of non-shill, non-retarded Coast listeners out there!

I got banned from FF way back when ... does that qualify me for any special status here?  :P

So, on to my reason for posting. At approximately 41 seconds into Hour 1 of Ian's show on 11/19 Ian said:

"I got so many f------ tweets back from people"

Wh-wh-what??? Before I start speculating on why Ian might (accidentally) cuss on air, will someone else tell me if they heard what I heard? Perhaps I just imagined it.

gandalf50

Quote from: js9989 on November 26, 2011, 06:10:04 PM
Just stumbled across this forum the other day and I am pleased to see there is actually a community of non-shill, non-retarded Coast listeners out there!

I got banned from FF way back when ... does that qualify me for any special status here?  :P

So, on to my reason for posting. At approximately 41 seconds into Hour 1 of Ian's show on 11/19 Ian said:

Wh-wh-what??? Before I start speculating on why Ian might (accidentally) cuss on air, will someone else tell me if they heard what I heard? Perhaps I just imagined it.

You're not alone. I'm hearing the same.  8)

b_dubb

i believe he said 'frickin' but i'd have to go back and listen again

The General

Quote from: gandalf50 on November 26, 2011, 06:25:43 PM
I hear "Funky."

Morgus

Looks like Ian is doing a show like Animal Planet tonight.
What is that all about?  :o

Eddie Coyle

I can't fathom the Reverend even thinking about saying "fuck" on the air. But considering his standing/future with C2C, he should be uttering "The 7 Dirty Words" every other break.

11angeleyes11

Told you so!  Under Coast Highlights, it is none other that The D. B. Cooper letters.  Ian has the mike!

Scully

Quote from: js9989 on November 26, 2011, 06:10:04 PM
... At approximately 41 seconds into Hour 1 of Ian's show on 11/19 Ian said:
Quote from: gandalf50 on November 26, 2011, 06:25:43 PM
Quote from: b_dubb on November 26, 2011, 06:30:26 PM
i believe he said 'frickin' but i'd have to go back and listen again
Quote from: The General on November 26, 2011, 08:01:54 PM
I hear "Funky."

I went back and listened several times to be absolutely sure. Sorry, guys. All the poor guy said was "funny."

He stumbles into the show saying "You guys are funny," apropros to nothing.  Then rambles on Ian-style for another 40 seconds before saying he "got so many funny tweets back from people ... blah, blah, blah ..."  You know, the usual.  ::)

Morgus

Ian is back to one of his old obsession topics again tonight, more on the decades old DB Cooper case.
Look for more of his fav topics returning as well soon, such as the horse-man guy and the Lindburgh baby... :D

Eddie Coyle

Ian's wet dream:  Jason The Horse parachuting out of skyjacked plane with the Lindbergh baby in his arms and landing in Harry Shearer's yard.