• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130925 - Matthew Alper - God Part of the Brain

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 25, 2013, 04:48:13 AM

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Falkie2013 on September 25, 2013, 11:51:39 PM
Yeah, I wonder why green women look somehow sexier. Maybe the way we process colors ? Or something in our primeval history that has something to do with elves, sprites, fairies, brownies, etc ?
The same primeval experiences that people like Alter always choose to deny because to them, its all in your mind.
Do any of you green fetish guys remember the green lady from Lost in Space?  She was hot. Am I right?

aldousburbank

Quote from: Quick Karl on September 25, 2013, 11:51:05 PM
The Nicean Council chose the "books" were to be included in "The Bible" and those that were to be tossed in the trash... Was it Constantine that ordered it???? I forget.
Whoever. Anything those creeps touched was and is more crap for the subjugation mill.

midnight

QuoteNo doubt, this has been fantastic. Art's as good as he ever was.

You know, I'm beginning to think he's even better now, if that's possible.

popple

Wow@ that wormhole message from the wiccan that committed suicide.

LMAO!!! This caller told him to change his name and he said he didn't name himself then the caller said you can legally change it. Then Matthew said "call me Ezekiel" and the caller said "OR BIG BIRD"

popple

It's so comical to me right now how loud this caller is and how loud matthew is breathing.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 25, 2013, 11:53:57 PM
Do any of you green fetish guys remember the green lady from Lost in Space?  She was hot. Am I right?
She has a whole website I just googled.  Can't figure out how to share the link.  Sorry.

Northcoaster

Quote from: midnight on September 25, 2013, 11:54:28 PM
It's certainly possible. Art is older and wiser, and happier now with more freedom.

Earth Pod

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 25, 2013, 11:51:18 PM
It was great .  Posey broke the bat as he made the first segment of a triple brought in by Sandoval.  Had a crab sandwich to die for.
Whoa for the bat, now to the crab.  I was just telling someone today that I plan to have a cracked crab soon.  One will have to be oven roasted w/tons of garlic and one will have to have a toasted sesame oil dipping sauce.   And yum to your sandwich.  mmmmm

popple

PrairieGhost

This thread has taken a weird green women turn not that I'm knocking it! LOL

aldousburbank

Really, in a universe so fantastic, is it such a weird concept that god only exists if you believe and doesn't if you don't?  Hell that's easier to believe than any corn from Alper's mouth breathing science dribble.

Heather Wade

Quote from: popple on September 25, 2013, 11:54:56 PM
Wow@ that wormhole message from the wiccan that committed suicide.

That was me.  This is the coolest hallucination I've ever had, thanks for being in it.

DelphiDreams

Quote from: Redacted on September 25, 2013, 11:39:41 PM
More and more I think he's depressed.  He should just go Goth and get it over with.
Rozz Williams style would *rock*

sleeplessinca

I was just finishing up with GN and Billy Mumy.  I would love to hear Art interview him.  He's super creative and like able.  I'm on for the DM rebroadcast now. 

Earth Pod

Quote from: jazmunda on September 25, 2013, 11:51:45 PM
Agreed. With any other host I would have switched off hours ago.
I was thinking the other day that Art could interview a almond butter and jelly sandwich and not only make it believable but very interesting.  He is a master of radio.

Chine

Quote from: PrairieGhost on September 25, 2013, 11:59:22 PM
This thread has taken a weird green women turn not that I'm knocking it! LOL

Ha. And sprites, elves and brownies! Yay!

popple

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 25, 2013, 11:53:57 PM

UH OH! Scientology stalked her.

http://youtu.be/E5U82mSygzs

WOTR

Quote from: midnight on September 25, 2013, 11:54:28 PM
Art used to do the show for himself, but needed to build it and worry about the business side.  Then he sold it and became just a host putting in time, but working for somebody else (albeit, he never called it in like certain other hosts.) 

Art returned from retirement to do what he wants.  He does not need to worry about the business end and it sounds like he was given complete freedom over the show.  I think what we are hearing is Art having a great time (not that he did not enjoy hosting before, but it sounds like this time around is strictly being done out of passion and not as a job.)

popple

Quote from: Redacted on September 25, 2013, 11:59:40 PM
That was me.  This is the coolest hallucination I've ever had, thanks for being in it.

Was it really? Glad you're still here with us then!

sleeplessinca

Quote from: popple on September 25, 2013, 11:58:01 PM
Is this it?

http://www.vitinamarcus.com
Yes!  She was so cool.  And when Smith would coo back at her it was a riot.
Thanks for posting the link.  Our little gift to the green guys.  I'm partial to chocolate men myself . . .

Spinner

4 hours sure fly by when listening to Art.
I'm ready to ride again! Let's goooooo!!!!!!

aldousburbank

Adios amigos y amigas. Have fun with the rebroadcast Sleepless!

coaster

Can someone fill me in  on the wiccan suicide thing? I must of missed it.

jazmunda

Goodnight my friends.

Thanks for sharing another ride.

Whitley "Cray Cray" Streiber tomorrow night. I can't wait.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Quick Karl on September 25, 2013, 11:51:05 PM
The Nicean Council chose the "books" were to be included in "The Bible" and those that were to be tossed in the trash... Was it Constantine that ordered it???? I forget.

From wikipedia :

The First Council of Nicaea was the first ecumenical council of the Church. Most significantly, it resulted in the first, uniform Christian doctrine, called the Creed of Nicaea. With the creation of the creed, a precedent was established for subsequent local and regional councils of Bishops (Synods) to create statements of belief and canons of doctrinal orthodoxyâ€"the intent being to define unity of beliefs for the whole of Christendom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea

http://www.tertullian.org/rpearse/nicaea.html

They did toss out the concept of reincarnation yet their entire religion is based on believing a guy who reincarnated after death, something that always struck me as a huge contradiction.

As an aside, what WAS that longish pieces with all the drums ?

Mhayhurst

Fantastic show! I had my doubts after reading about Alpert, but that was a great ride. Art is a genius and conducts interviews like no one else. I am so thrilled he is back with us. See ya'll tomorrow night.