• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Gd5150

Had to come here and read the comments when I heard "you're listening to the best of George Noory". Haha!!!

Guy From V

Again, just like over a year ago with my first post... I sought out this place again out of sheer manic drive to verify that it wasn't just me but truly: Noory is more lifeless and decrepit than Dr. Leir is at this moment.  Man, only this dude could drag down a funeral.

valdez

Quote from: Guy From V on March 22, 2014, 05:43:48 AM
...lifeless...
I'll bet George really liked Dr. Roger Leir and wanted to do right by him and give him a nice little tribute, but George ain't good at doing things right.  Instead we got the standard Noory/Danheiser conveyor belt of wham bam say something nice your time is up thank you bye bye treatment that was as cold as the body they were eulogizing.  Would it have been difficult to find out what Leir's favorite songs were and using them as bumper?  Could they not find a family member to speak a few words?  As of this writing the c2c website hasn't posted who all was on the show (and they just might not do it at all since they got a big fancy "special event" today) but from off the top of my head we had George Knapp, Whitley Strieber, L.A. Marzulli, Rob Simone, some kid who's waking a movie on Leir, Mike Bara (I think), and some other folks I can't recall.  Somebody mentioned that Leir played the organ, and I thought that was interesting because I hadn't known that because in spite of the many interviews George has conducted with Leir those stupid little index cards don't allow you get to really know who these guest are beyond the scam.  Pity.  One hour of open lines (George sure was rushing them through), last hour a replay, and Howard Bloom is hearing the thunder of a world war coming.

portrait of a young Howard Bloom

Alienigma

So Bloom looked like Maurice Moss from The IT Crowd?

[attach=1]

b_dubb

Howard Bloom is a self important ass.  Fuck him and the doom he sells.

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on March 22, 2014, 02:11:26 AM
yep, there is no such thing, "Worst of Noory" would be a better label.
but as expected Noory ducked out an hour early tonight as he does some Fridays...

Ah, yes, Friday with Jorch, until he skips out early, headed for his favorite 7-11 and his turkey on whole wheat sandwich.  Jorch gets his turkey and leaves his audience with a turkey, the "Worst of Noory" and UFO Phil.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: b_dubb on March 22, 2014, 07:46:00 AM
Couldn't sleep last night and KTNN was weak.  He hijacked every Lier memorial call to be about him I hadn't heard Noory's flash style open lines in a while. Jeez, what a parade of human debris. I was surprised to hear George graciously credit Bell creating the broad interest in the unusual and mysterious.

John Smith

I haven't read the thread from last nights show, but was anyone else completely appalled by the blimp-sized egos of some of last nights guest who were there to pay tribute to Roger Lier, but instead blathered on about themselves and could not resist the opportunity to plug their crap. Absolutely disgusting!!!

FallenSeraph

Quote from: ziznak on March 20, 2014, 09:28:32 PM
omg please tell me that your avy is a real character used in pizza advertising... actually... holy SHIT.  That can't be the only one... it's just dawning on me!!! There's lil jorch's on pizza boxes and menus all over America I'll bet!!  The gubbahmint is slowly desensitizing us to his stupidity!  we must rise up!!

... ah fuck it im tired

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 20, 2014, 11:07:13 PM
Its Bob from the cartoon show Bobs Burgers and he is dressed up like Bobs Bigboy from the restaurant. Anyway, Bobs Burgers is a pretty good show.

Hi sorry for the delay! What Mind Flayer said. The Big Boy makeover is courtesy of teeFury T-shirts. The George makeover is courtesy of wr250. :)

Nebraska888

Quote from: ItsOver on March 22, 2014, 10:25:40 AM
Ah, yes, Friday with Jorch, until he skips out early, headed for his favorite 7-11 and his turkey on whole wheat sandwich.  Jorch gets his turkey and leaves his audience with a turkey, the "Worst of Noory" and UFO Phil.

Yep, exactly what I was thinking.

smithy

Everybody's trying to make a buck off the dead guy. This goes down as a Jorsh glory moment in which the audience repeatedly hears that he's at some event where god-knows-who supposedly paid money to see him, but he takes time from his important schedule to be the humanitarian/ hero (by having Tommy and Lisa call a bunch of people to provide tacky soundbites as a supposed tribute to Leir.)  From the grave this was a big fat "F".

To hear Peter Davenport kiss Jorsh's ass by praising his coverage of the missing Malaysian jet was a crowning moment in yet another fantastic and unbelievable Friday night. Davenport was banned from the show for a couple years. He sounds desperate for some Jorsh love.

Izintit?

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 22, 2014, 10:39:32 AM
Couldn't sleep last night and KTNN was weak.  He hijacked every Lier memorial call to be about him I hadn't heard Noory's flash style open lines in a while. Jeez, what a parade of human debris. I was surprised to hear George graciously credit Bell creating the broad interest in the unusual and mysterious.
Even George isn`t stupid enough to try to try to act like HE created Coast to Coast.George is real magnanimous when he feels like he "won" but go back about six months ago when someone asked if he would appear on Art`s new show and remember the bunghole said "Absolutely not!". GN is really an insecure little worm.

McPhallus

Quote from: valdez on March 22, 2014, 05:59:12 AM
     I'll bet George really liked Dr. Roger Leir and wanted to do right by him and give him a nice little tribute, but George ain't good at doing things right.  Instead we got the standard Noory/Danheiser conveyor belt of wham bam say something nice your time is up thank you bye bye treatment that was as cold as the body they were eulogizing.  Would it have been difficult to find out what Leir's favorite songs were and using them as bumper?  Could they not find a family member to speak a few words? 

Remember Art's comment about George being lazy.  Planning a proper tribute would require effort, planning, reflection, and thinking about someone else for once, and we all know George just doesn't have it in him.

Izintit?

Quote from: George Drooly on March 22, 2014, 12:20:45 AM
Peter "Mr. Whiney" Davenport has the gall to congratulate Noory on his coverage of flight 370! If he thinks C2C's coverage of this topic constitutes anything but inept, half-assed regurgitation, then it's no wonder there's no proof of UFOs -- especially from his own organization. Jackass.
I`ve had it with those alien UFO geeks/hoaxers for years now-I don`t even listen to them.It was either Davenport or some other UFO research phony that stated in 2008 that he was voting for Obama because Obama(are you ready for this?) would have full disclosure about UFO`s. No wonder the rest of the world laughs at what the U.S. has become.

zeebo

Quote from: smithy on March 22, 2014, 12:40:20 PM
...To hear Peter Davenport kiss Jorsh's ass by praising his coverage of the missing Malaysian jet was a crowning moment in yet another fantastic and unbelievable Friday night. Davenport was banned from the show for a couple years. He sounds desperate for some Jorsh love.

I heard that before turning it off last night, but what's the story about why he was banned before?  He seems like such a mild-mannered character and he's always praising Lord Nooron for what a great job he's doing.

McPhallus

Quote from: Izintit? on March 22, 2014, 02:11:29 PM
I`ve had it with those alien UFO geeks/hoaxers for years now-I don`t even listen to them.It was either Davenport or some other UFO research phony that stated in 2008 that he was voting for Obama because Obama(are you ready for this?) would have full disclosure about UFO`s. No wonder the rest of the world laughs at what the U.S. has become.

In one of his recent podcasts, Don Ecker and some investigator he was interviewing (don't remember who) talked about Davenport.  Apparently he's a prick to investigators and refuses to share information.  Cocksucker.

bigchucka

Quote from: zeebo on March 22, 2014, 02:37:06 PM
I heard that before turning it off last night, but what's the story about why he was banned before?  He seems like such a mild-mannered character and he's always praising Lord Nooron for what a great job he's doing.

If memory serves me correctly... he was wanting to get paid to come on the show.

The only person that gets paid is Linda Moulton Howe, and that's because she has travel expenses, etc. that occur when she gets asked to research a story for Coast...

zeebo

Quote from: bigchucka on March 22, 2014, 03:32:31 PM
If memory serves me correctly... he was wanting to get paid to come on the show.

The only person that gets paid is Linda Moulton Howe, and that's because she has travel expenses, etc. that occur when she gets asked to research a story for Coast...

Hmm interesting, ok thanks for the info bc.

Izintit?

Quote from: bigchucka on March 22, 2014, 03:32:31 PM

And don`t forget Linda needs money for a new head cleaner tape once in a while.

NORGEGORY

Quote from: coaster on March 20, 2014, 09:06:35 PM
I remember that. That song gave me diabetes.

That song gave me nausea.

...and now appearing at the Marriott Red Velvet lounge, ladies and gentlemen, please give a warm welcome to...Jorge Noory and his Karaoke machine!

[Margaret, order me a pitcher of martinis...better yet, let's just go to the biker bar across the street and shoot some pool.  Maybe they have a jukebox there and we can listen to some old Tom Petty songs or something.]

The best way to get Jorge off the air is to not support his sponsors and not listen to his show.  The bottom line is pure economics, borne out by the rating system. 

Morgus

Noory leaving an hour early last night and just had them play an old last hour replay of some open lines and part of an interview with psychic James Van Praghe from years ago - totally disconnected from the night's show theme.
How about at least continued with his Roger Leir tribute instead by having the last hour play part of an old Roger Lier interview replay?
Was that too hard for Noory and his staff to arrange?

Dr. Sax

Exactly. They might have played the last interview they did with the guy. Leir is the one we find interesting, not any of those sorry asses.

b_dubb

Quote from: Morgus on March 22, 2014, 05:22:04 PM
Noory leaving an hour early last night and just had them play an old last hour replay of some open lines and part of an interview with psychic James Van Praghe from years ago - totally disconnected from the night's show theme.
How about at least continued with his Roger Leir tribute instead by having the last hour play part of an old Roger Lier interview replay?
Was that too hard for Noory and his staff to arrange?
Coast To Coast has no class. They'd curse your name as they stepped over your corpse.

yumyumtree

Quote from: smithy on March 22, 2014, 12:40:20 PM
Everybody's trying to make a buck off the dead guy. This goes down as a Jorsh glory moment in which the audience repeatedly hears that he's at some event where god-knows-who supposedly paid money to see him, but he takes time from his important schedule to be the humanitarian/ hero (by having Tommy and Lisa call a bunch of people to provide tacky soundbites as a supposed tribute to Leir.)  From the grave this was a big fat "F".

To hear Peter Davenport kiss Jorsh's ass by praising his coverage of the missing Malaysian jet was a crowning moment in yet another fantastic and unbelievable Friday night. Davenport was banned from the show for a couple years. He sounds desperate for some Jorsh love.

I noticed that. What was Davenport banned for?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on March 22, 2014, 07:46:00 AM

he's entertaining to listen to, though.

Quote from: yumyumtree on March 22, 2014, 06:44:21 PM
I noticed that. What was Davenport banned for?

Davenport wanted Coast to Coast to pay him for his appearances; I think the money would have gone to the non-profit he ran or something along those lines.

Big Chuka mentioned this above.

I'm not sure if he was banned or just not invited back on actually. Its been something around 8 years since this came up.

albrecht

That was painful when George pretended to have phone problems when some caller said his show was the only radio show that mattered n best show n God bless him. Very weak self promotion not to mention the poor deluded caller

VtaGeezer

Quote from: albrecht on March 22, 2014, 07:22:02 PM
That was painful when George pretended to have phone problems when some caller said his show was the only radio show that mattered n best show n God bless him. Very weak self promotion not to mention the poor deluded caller
Indeed. Once might have been cute.  Three times was really cheap.