• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

yoursongs

Quote from: a is jump on May 11, 2018, 11:09:56 AM
I have a hunch that Heather's Monday return won't be on Joe Montaldo's network. I think it may be on Michael Vara's network.

He will finally have his revenge on DMDN...

I think you might be on to something.  We'll find out how smart Joe M. is.  It's odd that the UPRN site has no mention of HW show as being on the schedule for Monday or any other day.  They have the horseface picture on the slideshow, but no link attached.  I think HW is just putting it "out there" that she can do a show now.  Her legacy site is shit so far, and no where near completed.  There is no way she can host a real show by Monday.

Bluejay

Quote from: Christ on a Bike on May 11, 2018, 11:58:04 AM
Can I just say that if Heather Fade ever wins an award for broadcasting, I will carve off my left nut and eat it.

You heard it here first.
Noted!

Quote from: Christ on a Bike on May 11, 2018, 12:09:40 PM
If HW joins Michael Vara's network, then the joke's on him. Given the drama I'm sure any network would be wary of taking her on. She may well end up flying solo on Tin Pot Radio

I think he'd do it just to get back at Keith.

Lilith

Quote from: Faustina on May 11, 2018, 12:02:47 PM
Can you let me know what Gabcast that was?  One I somehow missed, and I'd like to hear that.   Thanks.

I'll go through the archives and see if I can find which one it was.

Quote from: Faustina on May 11, 2018, 12:20:56 PM
You all saw this, right?

From Heather's FB page:

"I will join Michael Vera on Late Night In The Midlands at 8:30 PM Pacific time tonight! Listen live at www.latenightinthemidlands.com

Did Art approve this?

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on May 11, 2018, 12:23:13 PM

Yeah I can understand why he'd do it but at the same time, to me, it's cutting off your nose to spite your face. And backfire on him.

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on May 11, 2018, 12:23:13 PM

Michael Vera is a joke as a pod caster, his show sucks and he constantly sounds drunk and treats people like crap who visit his chat and is always begging for donations.

Metron2267

Quote from: Tommie Knocker on May 11, 2018, 12:26:21 PM
Michael Vera is a joke as a pod caster, his show sucks and he constantly sounds drunk and treats people like crap who visit his chat and is always begging for donations.

So you're saying Heather is a natural fit then?

;D

ponyboysunset

You all saw this, right?

From Heather's FB page:

"I will join Michael Vera on Late Night In The Midlands at 8:30 PM Pacific time tonight! Listen live at www.latenightinthemidlands.com
WTF?

Faustina

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on May 11, 2018, 12:25:02 PM

Did Art approve this?

His ghost did probably.  It's good publicity for Heather, after all:  keep people talking.  And it's on a half hour before MITD starts:  perfect.  Now, if the interview of Heather lasts only half an hour, that will even be better.  I don't want to miss any of MITD tonight. 

Friday

Quote from: Tommie Knocker on May 11, 2018, 12:26:21 PM

When will all these people realize that working at McDonald's yields more pay than running nickel and dime podcasts/networks?

Faustina

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 11, 2018, 12:29:46 PM
WTF?

Haha!  Yeah, I need to add popcorn to my grocery shopping today.  And beer.  Or maybe scotch:  I think popcorn goes better with scotch (and club soda, on the rocks).

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Faustina on May 11, 2018, 12:30:41 PM
His ghost did probably.  It's good publicity for Heather, after all:  keep people talking.  And it's on a half hour before MITD starts:  perfect.  Now, if the interview of Heather lasts only half an hour, that will even be better.  I don't want to miss any of MITD tonight.
I thought MITD started at 9PM Pacific? It means she is almost going head to head. I'm sure that is on purpose as well. Oh well, I won't be listening. My blood pressure can only take so much and given how pissed off I was last time after listening to her it's best I stick with Dave.

PS popcorn is always a must as a bellgabber.  :)

Rico999

I think Dave Schrader's proven to be a shrewd choice to take over the host chair for MITD.  In time, I think he could take on George Noory for late night dominance.   George's big advantage, of course, is being affiliated with Premiere and all those terrestrial stations, but his demographic is over 55 and in the medium and long term, it's a loser.   Dark Matter, being digital, is set up for the future and if they can pick off some key AM terrestrial stations in the short term, DM will be able to challenge George and C2C.

Noory's biggest problem is that -- with regard to making Coast a better program --  he's basically lazy.  He does the same thing, the same way every night.  The same old tired "news" analysts, the reduced content -- such as it is -- and his weak interviewing skills.  C2C has turned into a promotional device for his in-person appearances, lounge singing act, TV show, books, etc.   

Heather, on the other hand, was totally averse to any kind of self-promotion, STILL not even bothering to update  her publicity photo.  If Dave is willing to make some personal appearances at key events and promote the show better than Heather, MITD will be looking good down the road.

DynamoHum

Well I saw this happening a while back - he was smooshing up to her in posts when she first melted down.

Heather is aligning herself with people who hate Keith, Leo Asshat will be on doing the news or in some other function as well I bet.

Please can someone record this? I’m off on my jollies tonight and will be offline til Sunday - fuck knows how many hundreds of pages you reprobates will have done by then.

DynamoHum

Also seems like she has made one “sound” decision - UPRN and Joe are shite and it would be a huge disaster for her to be on there (not counting the huge disaster it’s all going to be anyway).

Well done Heater - you made a grown up decision!

K_Dubb

You all saw this, right?

From Heather's FB page:

Thank you, I can't look away!  Will we get tear-jerker, boot-stompin', or some beguiling mix of the two?

ponyboysunset

All she is just joining him for tonight? I don't think her show is going to be there but who knows. Dammit if they take calls I might have to listen. I do love hearing bellgabbers getting in and fucking shit up right.

Lilith

You all saw this, right?

From Heather's FB page:

THANKS!  No, I don't do facebook, nor Twitter much.

Edited to add:  It doesn't look like shes posted as tonights guest though...

Juan

You all saw this, right?

From Heather's FB page:

Another site that hasn’t heard of mobile devices.

Faustina

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 11, 2018, 08:46:56 AM
I lost my older kitty last year at Thanksgiving. She has just turned 18. I have just my two now and that is how it is going to stay unless I lose one of them. They are litter mates and have only been separated twice in their whole lifetime (they are now 8 years old). They adore each other. And it's weird everyday when I come home from work they greet me at the door like dogs would. I know there are people that don't like animals but the bond I have with mine has really gotten me through some dark times. It's awesome you have such love for yours too.

Couldn't agree more.  And I lost my 17 year old cat, Katie, to cancer in January.  She was the most amazing cat I've ever had the privilege of living with, and the grief I still feel for her no longer being here is just a notch below the grief I felt at losing my father.  I then had only one cat, which wasn't enough.  A month ago, I got a new cat:  a huge orange Maine Coon mix who is the new love of my life,... he's wonderful in his own way, although not in the way that Kaitie was (she was a once-in-a-lifetime cat).  In the past couple of weeks, a skinny tabby has been hanging out in my back yard, making its home under my deck.  Yeah, I fed him:  couldn't help myself.  So now I have three cats.  That's perfect.  I live alone, yet never feel lonely.  I guess I'm on the verge of being one of those weird cat ladies you hear about:  all I need is a crumbling Victorian.   :D

2030 is the last half hour of Open Eyes Network before Michael Vera comes on.  I think it is just a quick guest speaker thing.

Faustina

Quote from: brig on May 11, 2018, 12:43:09 PM
THANKS!  No, I don't do facebook, nor Twitter much.

Half an hour before MITD starts.  Friday night just got even more entertaining.  :D

Lilith

Quote from: Faustina on May 11, 2018, 12:46:00 PM
Half an hour before MITD starts.  Friday night just got even more entertaining.  :D

The thing is, shes not posted on that page for tonights guest is she?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Faustina on May 11, 2018, 12:43:18 PM
Couldn't agree more.  And I lost my 17 year old cat, Katie, to cancer in January.  She was the most amazing cat I've ever had the privilege of living with, and the grief I still feel for her no longer being here is just a notch below the grief I felt at losing my father.  I then had only one cat, which wasn't enough.  A month ago, I got a new cat:  a huge orange Maine Coon mix who is the new love of my life,... he's wonderful in his own way, although not in the way that Kaitie was (she was a once-in-a-lifetime cat).  In the past couple of weeks, a skinny tabby has been hanging out in my back yard, making its home under my deck.  Yeah, I fed him:  couldn't help myself.  So now I have three cats.  That's perfect.  I live alone, yet never feel lonely.  I guess I'm on the verge of being one of those weird cat ladies you hear about:  all I need is a crumbling Victorian.   :D
Aw another kitty lady! See they don't all belong to Heather. lol. I have a housemate so I don't live alone but I might as well. The way our house is set up we see each other if we chose to. It's a tri-level house with a walk out basement. So I get the never lonely thing. My cats are just the best. And I know people are rolling their eyes at these posts but honestly I don't care. Animals rock! Congrats on your new kitties.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: brig on May 11, 2018, 12:47:24 PM
The thing is, shes not posted on that page for tonights guest is she?
I can't tell because it's another awful webpage.

Faustina

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 11, 2018, 12:38:40 PM
All she is just joining him for tonight? I don't think her show is going to be there but who knows. Dammit if they take calls I might have to listen. I do love hearing bellgabbers getting in and fucking shit up right.

Oh I hope they take calls!!!  I might even call in.  I'll have to think on a good question for her.  Like, how she has enough money she can pay for using all those Bellian songs as bumber music on her new show. 

Quote from: Rico999 on May 11, 2018, 12:34:00 PM
I think Dave Schrader's proven to be a shrewd choice to take over the host chair for MITD.  In time, I think he could take on George Noory for late night dominance.   George's big advantage, of course, is being affiliated with Premiere and all those terrestrial stations, but his demographic is over 55 and in the medium and long term, it's a loser.   Dark Matter, being digital, is set up for the future and if they can pick off some key AM terrestrial stations in the short term, DM will be able to challenge George and C2C.

Noory's biggest problem is that -- with regard to making Coast a better program --  he's basically lazy.  He does the same thing, the same way every night.  The same old tired "news" analysts, the reduced content -- such as it is -- and his weak interviewing skills.  C2C has turned into a promotional device for his in-person appearances, lounge singing act, TV show, books, etc.   

Heather, on the other hand, was totally averse to any kind of self-promotion, STILL not even bothering to update  her publicity photo.  If Dave is willing to make some personal appearances at key events and promote the show better than Heather, MITD will be looking good down the road.

+1

Almost finished last nights show with GC. Dave has been getting better and better every night. I'm totally sold, as long as Dave is at the helm, my subscription is locked down.

Can't wait for the phone lines to open up, see what kind of clientele we have calling in.

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 11, 2018, 12:49:57 PM
I can't tell because it's another awful webpage.

When you scroll down it says Monk Xumastery or something like that.  Maybe Heather just plans on calling in?

Or maybe thats another show somewhere, and it just happens to show up under "Tonights Guest".

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Faustina on May 11, 2018, 12:51:19 PM
Oh I hope they take calls!!!  I might even call in.  I'll have to think on a good question for her.  Like, how she has enough money she can pay for using all those Bellian songs as bumber music on her new show.
Oh see now I have to listen. Grrr..better up my popcorn stock. Did you ever call the gabcast?