• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Morgus

Quote from: nbirnes on July 01, 2015, 12:03:42 AM
http://50.7.76.254:8303/bellahaven
The bellahaven stream works great in the WinAmp PC app too, I just put in that URL! :)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Zenman on July 01, 2015, 12:04:50 AM
Hey SciFi, I have even more respect for you now.   :)

I put ELP at the top mostly because I'm a keyboard player. Keith Emerson is imo the best keyboardists of all time. But Bouree is still one of my all-time favourite songs.

Bit of trivia: Did you know Ian Anderson is a fish farmer and owns about half of Scotland?

Zen, I'm a guitarist that started on piano, so I definitely get your drift. Keith Emerson is a god, as was Jon Lord. But for me Tull's music topped all, at least that of the late 60's through 1980. I should add Pink Floyd as well as a favorite.

Formerly a fish farmer! He sold it a while ago and now grows hot peppers as a hobby. He may still own half of Scotland though, as I recall he's one of the wealthiest people in the UK.  Trivia! Ian Anderson's son-in-law is an actor and plays the main character, Rick Grimes, in the Walking Dead.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Morgus on July 01, 2015, 12:10:59 AM
The bellahaven stream works great in the WinAmp PC app too, I just put in that URL! :)

k...figuring out some bugs...be right with yall

GravitySucks

Quote from: Art Bell on June 30, 2015, 11:32:30 PM
Can not confirm nor deny. It will reveal itself in due time.

Art

Let me guess... Ed Dames finally showed up at your gate with all of your Gold...

karios8

Quote from: Jackstar on July 01, 2015, 12:09:48 AM

I don't understand the words you are using when you put them together in this order.

they're about to fire the boss.
very unpleasant...
*because george noory is his replacement.* 

It makes sense with one more line. 

PrairieGhost

There is no echo Nancy.

RoseGirl

there is no echo and Skype says I am on hold.....you may need to bring me back in

Zenman

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 01, 2015, 12:11:23 AM
Zen, I'm a guitarist that started on piano, so I definitely get your drift. He may still own half of Scotland though, as I recall he's one of the wealthiest people in the UK. Keith Emerson is a god, as was Jon Lord. But for me Tull's music topped all, at least that of the late 60's through 1980. I should add Pink Floyd as well as a favorite.

Formerly a fish farmer! He sold it a while ago and now grows hot peppers as a hobby. Trivia! Ian Anderson's son-in-law is an actor and plays the main character, Rick Grimes, in the Walking Dead.

Cool! Thanks for the updated trivia. Did not know that. Rick Grimes is Ian Anderson's son-in-law. Small world indeed. Pink Floyd is on my list too of course. Couldn't believe how different JT's music was than everyone else's when I first heard it. Stand Up, was it? You do know we are Prog Heads, right?

SciFiAuthor

Stream not working for Macs Nancy. Sorry to complicate matters! But I did get the music stream oddly.

PrairieGhost

I think you need to mute your mic in your sound mixer Nancy. That way we hear you but you don't hear yourself.  Not Recording but on Playback.

Zenman

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 01, 2015, 12:21:13 AM
there is no echo and Skype says I am on hold.....you may need to bring me back in

I'm still getting Keith repeating his "update your url links" message.

Good sound quality tho on my crappy speakers.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Zenman on July 01, 2015, 12:22:27 AM
Cool! Thanks for the updated trivia. Did not know that. Rick Grimes is Ian Anderson's son-in-law. Small world indeed. Pink Floyd is on my list too of course. Couldn't believe how different JT's music was than everyone else's when I first heard it. Stand Up, was it? You do know we are Prog Heads, right?

Hell yeah we're prog heads and proud of it. I discovered Tull late, around 1992, though I do have distant memories of hearing Aqualung as a kid on the radio. Prog's coming back, thankfully, in the form of the new wave German stoner rock. 

nbirnes

Quote from: PrairieGhost on July 01, 2015, 12:23:30 AM
I think you need to mute your mic in your sound mixer Nancy. That way we hear you but you don't hear yourself.  Not Recording but on Playback.

That's what I'm looking for. I don't have a mixer, but rather an effects panel in Nicecast. Working on it now. Thanks for this.

Happy Blitz Day!

Zenman

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 01, 2015, 12:26:34 AM
Hell yeah we're prog heads and proud of it. I discovered Tull late, around 1992, though I do have distant memories of hearing Aqualung as a kid on the radio. Prog's coming back, thankfully, in the form of the new wave German stoner rock.

At the risk of being directed by a bystander to the music thread, I wanted to ask what you listen to these days? I just got into a prog chick singer binge lately: Kate Havenevik, Anathema, Annie Haslam, and Bjork, who I was never fond of till I started appreciating her orchestral arrangements. You play jazz guitar I bet.

nbirnes

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 01, 2015, 12:21:13 AM

We probably should move all of this to a separate thread. Not sure how to do that -- maybe one of the older hands here ... cause I know there's going to a yelling at us from MV. I can feel it in my bones. Will make a new thread.

Zenman

Quote from: nbirnes on July 01, 2015, 12:37:00 AM
We probably should move all of this to a separate thread. Not sure how to do that -- maybe one of the older hands here ... cause I know there's going to a yelling at us from MV. I can feel it in my bones. Will make a new thread.

That's ok. SciFi and I are probably in trouble too.

PM me if you like, or maybe start a Bella thread on the General board?

Jackstar

I tried your stream and it didn't work. You get one more.

cosmic hobo

I'm not sure a show that is directly competing against a premium show on Art's network should be promoted in the Art Bell thread. I'm not saying that there's not a place for this show I just don't think it should be flaunted in this thread. Just this Tasty Canadians opinion.

nbirnes

Quote from: Jackstar on July 01, 2015, 12:41:42 AM
I tried your stream and it didn't work. You get one more.

Oh! The pressure -- seriously, my hands are sweating so much I can hardly type. I don't know how the professionals do it. I've made a new thread, but lordy, I have to figure out the link:

http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,8051.new.html#new

I am gonna play the Ketchup Song next. Brings back good memories.

nbirnes

Quote from: cosmic hobo on July 01, 2015, 12:46:13 AM
I'm not sure a show that is directly competing against a premium show on Art's network should be promoted in the Art Bell thread. I'm not saying that there's not a place for this show I just don't think it should be flaunted in this thread. Just this Tasty Canadians opinion.

You are right, sir. Chalk it up to enthusiasm and crazy forum newbies. Won't happen again.

sydtron

Quote from: Zenman on July 01, 2015, 12:41:13 AM
That's ok. SciFi and I are probably in trouble too.

PM me if you like, or maybe start a Bella thread on the General board?

Tarkus changed my life.  "Eruption/stones of years". Are the best!!! 

Also big Floyd head.  Careful w/that axe Eugene. All day

ge30542

Quote from: stepsten on June 30, 2015, 11:30:40 PM
ooo...ed dames traffic and apocalyptic weather on the fives?  :P
Funny, very funny.

Zenman

Quote from: sydtron on July 01, 2015, 12:50:17 AM

Tarkus changed my life.  "Eruption/stones of years". Are the best!!! 

Also big Floyd head.  Careful w/that axe Eugene. All day

Yes! Tarkus floored me first time I heard it. Never heard anybody play anything like it. There are some incredible orchestral versions now that did the same. One of my bucket list items is to learn the whole piece. I've got the easy parts and a couple of the tougher ones. I've got about 60% down semi-cold. I may make it!

I always liked Floyd, but I'm definitely an ELP-head.

ItsOver

Quote from: Bounder on June 30, 2015, 11:02:58 PM
C2C was all ready to let Hoagland host on the night of the Pluto probe's closest approach â€" July 13/14.  Then the plans changed, the pieces got shifted around (by Dave) specifically to step on Art's July 20 debut.  A chess move to â€" I guess unwittingly â€" pitch Art's appeal against Richard's.

Well, Art and Richard invented a third option and checkmated the living Christ out of Dave by making RCH â€" and his own show, "The Other Side of Midnight," a Dark Matter Digital Network exclusive.

Make sense?
But, but, Dave said he'd never do ANYTHING to hurt Art.   ::)  Bastard.  Payback time, Dave.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: VoteQuimby on June 30, 2015, 06:57:32 PM
Yo MV, just a suggestion but it would be cool if you could start a Dark Matter Radio Network subforum. We've been talking about it in chat. There's now so much going on with it and its so cool that I think it would be active enough to warrant its own subforum. Also now we have a lot of personalities and shows with Bell, Hoagland, Alvarez, Keith and whoever else they bring in.

I'll put something together.

BobGrau

Quote from: ItsOver on July 01, 2015, 02:14:14 AM
But, but, Dave said he'd never do ANYTHING to hurt Art.   ::)  Bastard.  Payback time, Dave.

Yeah, but Art said Dave 'gets it'. And yet Dave's clearly never Got It. No wonder he's upset.

Quote from: MV on July 01, 2015, 02:18:53 AM
I'll put something together.

Thanks MV. had demoted myself to lurker status, but the thought of having my own I <3 Bryan Alvarez thread gave me a second wind.

Zenman

Quote from: cosmic hobo on July 01, 2015, 12:46:13 AM

On the other hand, Nancy's is a support show for MITD, as is Richard's, and a bit of promo here for either or both I'd think would be a good thing and beneficial to the cause. Also, maybe not as relevant, but Nancy has been a long-time member here, and a fairly prolific post contributor, whereas Richard has never posted here as far as I know.

Just my one cent worth, after taxes and inflation.

wr250

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 01, 2015, 12:03:06 AM
Every time you tease stuff like this all I can think of is this.

Coincidentally it's Dan Akroyds 63rd birthday today. He'd make for one hell of a guest again.
Art: It's 19 days till showtime, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Bellgab: Hit it.

Art followed by Hoagland for five hours weeknights sounds amazing, regardless of what you think about Hoagland's science he's at least entertaining and passionate about seeking the truth about UFO's, Mars, and NASA.  The first Coast show I ever heard was back in August 1996 with Art interviewing Hoagland and I was hooked from there.  It seems like Coast was deliberately dumbed down in the Noory era by someone up high in order to bring ridicule to the subject of UFO's, now with Art going independent that's no longer a concern.