• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The guests that we actually like.

Started by Borr, June 20, 2009, 04:00:05 PM

Jasmine

I for one personally like Dr. Joyce Riley. I admire her for having cojones, and my BS indicator never once goes off when she's on-air. I think she's the real deal. In addition, she doesn't fall victim to Noory's interview destruction pattern.

Riley's Bio on the Coast site:

Joyce Riley is a Registered Nurse who has been a Director of Nursing of four institutions and has been a heart, lung, liver and kidney transplant nurse. She also served as a Captain in the USAF in support of Operation Desert Storm, flying active duty missions on a C-130 aircraft from Alaska to Cuba. Her experience as a medical-legal testifying expert in medical malpractice trials gave her the background to investigate the truth about the Gulf War Illness. She has since become an advocate for all veterans and citizens experimented upon by the government. Joyce was a whistle-blower in the famous "Baby Death" case in which Nurse Genene Jones, (who now serves a life sentence in the Texas Prison system) was convicted of causing injury to many babies in the Bexar County Hospital in San Antonio, Texas. She presently serves a spokesperson for the American Gulf War Veterans Association.

Zircon

Quote from: Borr on June 20, 2009, 04:00:05 PM
I've noticed that we seem to get hung up on the guests that we hate. There are plenty of guests to hate, no doubt, but what are the guests that you like best? Which guests do you believe actually Noory's insipidness and can actually carry the show along when they are on?

I like Jim Marrs. No, I don't believe any of his crackpot theories, but I do love a good story and you can't get much better than time-traveling space Nazis.
Marrs is good as is Michio Kaku. I like the scientists he has on including SETI's Shostack and John Mack was a great listen. Too bad he got run over - was it really an accident? Also, Quayle is a good listen as is Handcock on his pyramids and sphinx materials. I love listening to alternate histories and some UFO stuff when reputable guests are presenting the material.

So Jasmine, are you a nurse as well? My wife is and it takes a special person to care for others as the patient's needs are varied and not often all that pleasant to deal with.

Oversoul

Quote from: mikemcc on March 23, 2010, 04:17:31 PM
I like Howard Bloom.

Ditto here for:

Howard Bloom
    Michio Kaku
    Lynne McTaggart
    Mario Beauregard

Great guests anytime.  :)

onan

The only guest I want to visit noory is the grim reaper.

IvannZ

Quote from: onan on June 07, 2012, 10:55:35 AM

You have a cold heart.

onan

Quote from: IvannZ on June 08, 2012, 08:40:09 AM

You have a cold heart.

Perhaps. But I at least have a functioning brain.

The little I remember of your posts suggest a liking of noory.

I am not going to write yet another iteration of all the reasons noory stinks.

Do I actually want him dead? of course not. From the other side of the fence I wouldn't lose any sleep.

But the grim reaper as a guest would be about the only way noory would have any invested dialogue. Noory is a waste.

Frys Girl

Onan is right. George Noory said his horrible hosting will continue until he dies. No radio host says things like that unless he is aware of his suckage and how much people dislike him. George Noory is an insecure loser. Therefore, the only effective means of getting him off the air is Adam Carolla's character on Family Guy:

Zircon

Geez! Do any of you remember Art Bell or that useless clown he had replace him in Mike Seigle? Well, Art used to interrupt his guests far too often to my liking and Mike, a PhD in Communications and former asst. professor at Fitchburg State University in Massachusetts, didn't even know how to use the internet. Even Richard Hoagland had to provide him with instructions on evening - Mike's demise was in full free fall then.

Art like to hear Art speak. Commercials out of the ass as well. Now Noory gives the guest a lot of time. Frankly, I am far more interested in what the guest has to say than what the host has to say. So, he might seem to bow to them or give them a lot of latitude. That is gracious in my view and providing the guest with the platform since he or she came onto the program to inform us - however stupid or unbelievable the subject matter is.

Geography

Michael Shermer- His full program many years ago with Art Bell first turned me on to skepticism as a field.  While his voice is a little annoying to listen to, and he is too smug at times, it's great to hear him debunk all the topics on C2C.

Joe Nickell- Another skeptic but very different from Shermer.  Nickell's researched a lot of specific UFOs, haunted houses, relics, and other mysteries.  He's slower and more methodical in his speaking than Shermer, and more of a story-teller.

Robert Bruce- The astral projection guru from Australia.  While I'm skeptical of the existence of astral projection and all the things Bruce claims you can do with it, his voice and speaking style are pleasant and engaging.  I love Aussie and British accents.

Jasmine

Quote from: onan on June 07, 2012, 10:55:35 AM

I'll go with that. Also, Charles Manson.

Grimace

Quote from: Jasmine on June 16, 2012, 09:43:18 AM
I'll go with that. Also, Charles Manson.

Manson and Noory would be a hilarious show, for sure. I wonder if he listens to c2c on the inside... maybe he has a seething contempt for Noory just waiting to be unleashed.

As for guests I've enjoyed in recent memory... there's always Michio Kaku and Neil deGrasse Tyson who are probably my two favorite contemporary guests. I loved the show where Ian Punnett had Jeremy Wade (River Monsters) on. I also really enjoyed George Knapp interviewing David Paulides in that "rural disappearances" show a few months back. As for a Wells show I enjoyed, I actually found his interview with Nick Redfern not hard to digest. Even if the logical side of my mind thinks the notion of a "paranormal Men in Black" is completely ridic, the subject still seems to sufficiently creep me out. Redfern seems fairly laid back to me, and I thought the show went smoothly. As for a recent Noory show I personally found palatable, last year's JFK special with Mark Lane wasn't that awful. Personally the subject still interests me given the HUGE amount of theories, from somewhat plausible to completely loony, that surround that event.

If I want a good laugh, Hoagland or Wilcock will do any day of the week. Maybe Hoagland, Wilcock, and UFO Phil can join forces for a MOST marvelous cacophony of torsion physics, ascension, and healthy Noory-worship kitsch. They can pitch the album on a special four-hour show where Noory's ego is constantly pet and he can add his own sound effects live.

ziznak

Quote from: Grimace on June 16, 2012, 08:58:07 PM
Manson and Noory would be a hilarious show, for sure. I wonder if he listens to c2c on the inside... maybe he has a seething contempt for Noory just waiting to be unleashed.

As for guests I've enjoyed in recent memory... there's always Michio Kaku and Neil deGrasse Tyson who are probably my two favorite contemporary guests. I loved the show where Ian Punnett had Jeremy Wade (River Monsters) on. I also really enjoyed George Knapp interviewing David Paulides in that "rural disappearances" show a few months back. As for a Wells show I enjoyed, I actually found his interview with Nick Redfern not hard to digest. Even if the logical side of my mind thinks the notion of a "paranormal Men in Black" is completely ridic, the subject still seems to sufficiently creep me out. Redfern seems fairly laid back to me, and I thought the show went smoothly. As for a recent Noory show I personally found palatable, last year's JFK special with Mark Lane wasn't that awful. Personally the subject still interests me given the HUGE amount of theories, from somewhat plausible to completely loony, that surround that event.

If I want a good laugh, Hoagland or Wilcock will do any day of the week. Maybe Hoagland, Wilcock, and UFO Phil can join forces for a MOST marvelous cacophony of torsion physics, ascension, and healthy Noory-worship kitsch. They can pitch the album on a special four-hour show where Noory's ego is constantly pet and he can add his own sound effects live.
I was just rocking both... yes there were two jfk-ish shows last year... snore's wasnt much help but the subject matter and guest picked up the slack

Geography

I also love Lionel Fanthorpe, who Noory calls the "greatest storyteller ever born".  He's not far off.  Fanthorpe's British accent and voice are absolutely fantastic, and he has a gift for telling stories.

bluth co.

Quote from: Geography on June 17, 2012, 01:14:01 PM
I also love Lionel Fanthorpe, who Noory calls the "greatest storyteller ever born".  He's not far off.  Fanthorpe's British accent and voice are absolutely fantastic, and he has a gift for telling stories.
I agree 100% i've already stated this on the forum somewhere probably but he is a good story teller. He has a rare ability to make random bullshit sound entertaining. I hang on his every word, surprising as that is. I remember he once told a story about a lighthouse, the story had absolutely no ending, no real plot of any kind, but i was still somehow interested.

Rasputin

I actually enjoy Linda Moultin Howe, Robert Shock, and Graham Hancock. Good guests are few and far between, and when they do show up, you have to try and tune out Noory and his idiot cookie cutter responses and mildly retarded questions.

HorrorRetro

I really like Graham Hancock.  He's been a long-time favorite.  Richard Sauder was also a favorite when he was strictly about underground bases, but then he went off the rails and got into some really esoteric crap.

Gina

b_dubb

I kind of like Peter Davenport. He's old and crabby and well ... a curmudgeon. The show where he went on about how people would prank the UFO hotline. UFO curmudgeon lives in an abandoned missile silo

coaster

I'm a fan of Graham Hancock and  Linda Moulton Howe. Shes genuine, nice, and I think she means well. She just believes everything she hears, and her voice is odd. But I still tune in when shes on. And those two from GIS with the evps. They were fun, but I don't think they come on the show anymore. Used to be a fan of Strieber too. Loved his enthusiasm, but he went from being weird in a good way to  completely batshit insane, so hes fallen from my list.

ziznak

EVP's on the art stream right nauw!!

expat

Once again, David Paulides was very good value last night (IMNSHO).

Sardondi

Quote from: expat on June 25, 2012, 07:29:24 AM
Once again, David Paulides was very good value last night (IMNSHO).
Agreed. A simply riveting show, which is very rare indeed these days. (But then it was George Knapp hosting, not the other George.) I listened to the mp3 and was:

1) impressed by Paulides' research;

2) distressed by the blatantly false claims of the Dept. of Interior that they keep absolutely no records about searches for missing persons (if nothing more the bookkeeping about funds, equipment/vehicle utilization and man-hours expended in the searches demands extensive records - plus, what gov't agency has ever not kept voluminous records?);

3) depressed by the heartbreak and damage suffered by the families of the inexplicably missing loved ones (Can you imagine the terrible corrosiveness of guilt or even unspoken blame?);

4) troubled by the obvious implications of the common facts of the cases.

EvB

I  miss John Mack  - It's possible that if he had not died (hit by a car accidentally in London) I'd have grown weary of him.  But as it is, he still is my #1 favorite.

expat

Charles Shults wasn't too bad last night. As long as he stays off his stupid Martian fossils, he's OK.

ziznak

seriously expat??? cause I'll actually listen if you think there's a point... yer being sarcastic right?

Zircon

One guest who I found to be quite uplifting, even though the topic that brought him onto the program (collapse of the dollar), is anything but uplifting is Chris Duane.

His clearly described description of the two types of people, those that won't leave you alone and those who want to be left alone, is spot on. The continuing manipulation applied by the former group is a fact. He stated that the average Iraqi family and an American family have far more in common than not. I've always recognized this simple fact and it was nice to hear someone else voice the same belief.

The average person has far more strength as they survive will facing obstacles on a daily basis as a matter of course. The manipulators that are "successful" have changed the rules to avoid difficulty because they can't deal with working their way through things. Look at our bankers and wealthy families.

Anyway, I agree with Duane's views and found him to be a real positive as a guest last night.

He also pointed out that the Rothschild and Rockefeller families actually are two of the world's owners. Each are multi-trillionaires. The concept of money-in-the-bank or full coffers is the wrong idea to hold. Where their wealth lies is in "debt". The world is "indebted" to them. They hope a collapse doesn't occur because we can't pay and they'll have nothing. But, unfortunately for them, and for us (as it will be quite painful when IT DOES OCCUR) is the best thing that could happen to end this global crisis.

Weaker currencies will fail first with the dollar going down last. It is inevitable.

CoastCanuck

I enjoyed what Nora Gedgaudas had to say about nutrition the first hour Thursday, July 19....

Both guests on Thursday, August 2 2012 were very good.
Elaine Fox (psychology)
and Sam Kean (genetics, science history)

This was actually a good show.

George had his cue cards prepared with decent questions and of course no follow up questions.

BigDave

I like Robert Young Pelton,Lionel Fanthorpe and Richard C. Hoagland(I do find Him interesting) ;D